Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families (16506 Views)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders / MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. Get All These Latest Tools For Almost Free Now / MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. Download All These POWERFUL 33 Items Now........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by nonjebose(m): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry xmas to all of you, nairalanders, especially titiluvly
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2015
Oliviaarims:

A Merry Christmas to you too, dear.

May I use this opportunity also to send my Christmas wishes to DouchesspunkyII.. Missspicy2.... BUTCHCASSIDY, dear PrimeMinisterr, Tosyne2much.. Jolllyjoy.. Estherfabian Fabian.. MrsPhyno.. naijaboiy...Cutehector... Donholy2... ronald4lif..classcaptain.. Obiorathesubtle... HIGHESTPOPORI... lalasticlala.. Lol... And so many others whose monikers I can't recall right now. May the rest of the year be pleasantly spectacular for u all.

Merry xmas to you too, cutie smiley kiss
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Moana(f): 9:30am On Dec 25, 2015
Thank u francizy. Merry Christmas to you too

1 Like

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by tosyne2much(m): 9:33am On Dec 25, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lol. It's quite simple, and let's not forget the fact that u're everywhere. Enjoy ur day.
Oyah send me you bank account details make I foward ur Xmas gift 2u cool
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 25, 2015
Oliviaarims:

May I use this opportunity also to send my Christmas wishes to DouchesspunkyII.. Missspicy2.... BUTCHCASSIDY, dear PrimeMinisterr, Tosyne2much.. Jolllyjoy.. Estherfabian Fabian.. MrsPhyno.. naijaboiy...Cutehector... Donholy2... ronald4lif..classcaptain.. Obiorathesubtle... HIGHESTPOPORI... lalasticlala.. Lol... And so many others whose monikers I can't recall right now. May the rest of the year be pleasantly spectacular for u all.
amen.

Thanks dear,merry xmas and a prosperous new year.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by tosyne2much(m): 9:36am On Dec 25, 2015
Cutehector:
dnt get ur head swollen, she knws some oda guy's number by heart cool
Una kuku lie cheesy

You mean say she fit sabi 50 guys numbers by heart? cheesy
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Oyah send me you bank account details make I foward ur Xmas gift 2u cool

Lol. Dasuki himself. I hail thee!
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=DouchessPunkyII post=41324516]
Merry xmas to you too, cutie smiley kiss[ smiley kiss
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by tosyne2much(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lol. Dasuki himself. I hail thee!
Don't be a doubting Thomas cheesy
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by ChrisGnarly: 9:56am On Dec 25, 2015
Separating the Bible truth from the Myth
Introduction:
The birth of Jesus Christ is in direct fulfillment of many Bible prophecies, Isaiah 7:14 of the virgin birth; Gen 3:15 that he was born of the seed of woman, Isaiah 11:1 that he would descend from the line of Jesse (king David); Micah 5:2 that he would be born in Bethlehem; Matthew 2:18 + Jeremiah 31:15 that Herod would slaughter all the children in an attempt for the Devil to kill the Christ child. All these prophecies were made at least 700 years before Jesus was born. They stand as an irrefutable monument to the inspiration of the Bible and prove that God revealed himself through his messiah, Jesus of Nazareth.
I. List of Christmas myths:
MYTH #1: Christmas on December 25th is found in the Bible.
TRUTH: There is no celebration of the birth of Christ in the Bible on any day, but began through human tradition to be celebrated about 250 AD in the spring and on December about 325 AD.
See also: Pagan origin of Christmas, Easter, Halloween "holy days".
MYTH #2: December 25 is the birthday of Jesus.
TRUTH: December 25 was the birthday of Mithra, the pagan God of light. In 325 AD, Roman emperor Constantine re-assigned the meaning to the birthday of Jesus, the true God of light. The Christian meaning over
MYTH #3: Mary wanted to spend the night at an inn, but there were no "motel rooms" available because the inn was full.
TRUTH: There was no space (room) in the "upper room" of a private house because other family members had got there first, not a public inn, motel, hotel etc.
MYTH #4: Mary remained a virgin until the day of her death.
TRUTH: Although Joseph did not have sex with Mary until after she gave birth to Jesus, Mary and Joseph had many other children: “Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? “And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” (Matthew 13:55-56)
MYTH #5: They spent the night in a separate building like a barn where the animals were kept.
TRUTH: There was no room on the upper floor of the house so they spent the night on the main floor of the house where the animals were kept inside the house. Most ancient Jewish houses had a common area on the main floor, including a manger where animals ate and slept at night, and an upper room where everyone slept. It is possible that there was a separate barn, but this would often be attached to the house directly.
MYTH #6: There were three wise men.
TRUTH: There were three gifts, gold frankincense and myrrh. There may have been 10 wise men, we don’t know, but each of them likely brought some gold frankincense and myrrh. Since these were common currency items of value, each wise man, regardless of the actual number, brought a little of all three.
MYTH #7: The star of Bethlehem shone over the manger the night Jesus was born.
TRUTH: The wise men did not come to Jerusalem until after Mary had purified on day 33 after the birth of Jesus. It was at that point the star began to move slowly ahead of the wise men till it hovered over the place Jesus was located. This means that the star was not hovering over Jesus the night he was born. The star shone over a house, not a barn or an inn. "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother" (Matthew 2:11). It is never called "the star of Bethlehem", simply, "His star". The shepherds were directed by an angel (not a star) to the manger of Jesus the night he was born. The star led the "wise men from the east", who traveled at least 700 km from the Persian or Babylonian area, to the house of Joseph and Mary. This trip would take at least 30 days after the birth of Jesus when you average 25 km per day travel time. After Jesus had been circumcised on the 8th day in the temple, and Mary performed her purification on the 33rd day, Jesus may have been taken to Joseph's home in Nazareth and this is where the star led the wise men: “When they had performed everything according to the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own city of Nazareth.” (Luke 2:39). The star, therefore, might have shone over Nazareth, not Bethlehem. The flight to Egypt did not happen until after Mary's purification on the 33rd day. Only after this did the Magi arrive in Jerusalem. They were directed to Bethlehem, not by the star, but because Jewish authorities quoted Micah 5:2. However, the redirection of the Magi to an alternate return route coupled with the same hour of the night urgent departure, both lend weight to the star leading the Magi to the same house Jesus was born.
MYTH #8: The wise men arrived the night Jesus was born in a manger.
TRUTH: The shepherds came to the manger (Luke 2:8-10), but not the wise men came to Joseph's house. In fact, Herod orders the slaughter of the babies two years of age and younger. This means that the child would be well under two years old, in order that no error could be made in killing Jesus, but it also indicates that Jesus was older than a newborn.
MYTH #9: God wants Christians to remember and celebrate the birthday of Christ!
TRUTH: The scriptures do not tell us to celebrate the birth of Christ but to celebrate His death... and not once a year at "Easter" but every Sunday through the Lord's Supper. (Acts 20:7)  
II. Here is a strictly Biblical chronology of the birth of Christ.
1.      Mary and Joseph were fully and legally married when Mary became pregnant. She is referred as his wife and Joseph considered "divorcing" her.
2.      Joseph was called a "just man" in wanting to divorce Mary privately because he was willing to pay the "bride price", (a large sum of money) to divorce her for no cause… when he actually had cause! How many men would care about the reputation of their "harlot" wife, whom they feel has committed adultery on him, then pay $25,000 to the father of the "Harlot" wife. When he was willing to divorce his wife secretly, he, not her, would look bad. He had certain proof she was unfaithful and could divorce her with no cost to himself. “And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man and not wanting to disgrace her, planned to send her away [divorce] secretly.” (Matthew 1:19)
3.      Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
4.      Mary and Joseph were members of the "house of David" and Jesus was born in their ancestral town of Bethlehem where David was born: “Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David,” (Luke 2:4)
5.      Joseph and Mary tried to stay of a relative's house, not a public inn, but there was no space left in the "upper room" (mistranslated inn in many Bibles).
6.      Joseph and Mary were forced to sleep on the ground floor (directly below the upper room of the private home) where the animals slept.
7.      Jesus was born on the main floor of a relatives two story house because there was no room for Mary and Joseph to stay in the "upper room", in Bethlehem (Matthew 1:25 & Luke 2:1-7).
8.      That same night, angels announced to the shepherds that Christ was born and they visited the newborn Christ at the manger (Luke 2:8-20).
a.      In this way, all shepherds, who as a class had a very low social status, would take a keen and early interest in the Chief Shepherd (Jn 10:11; 1 Pet 5:4). Jesus is the "lamb ... who will be their shepherd" in Rev 7:17.
b.      It was fitting for many reasons that God designed that shepherds be the first to hear the gospel. All the patriarchs, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob etc., were shepherds.
c.       King David was a shepherd, and was not originally even considered a candidate as king. Jesus was the "good shepherd" (Jn 10:1ff).
d.      The office of overseers of the local churches (1 Tim 3; Tit 1) uses two other interchangeable words to describe the single office: Elders and Shepherds. (Acts 20:17,28; 1 Peter 5:1-2).
9.      Jesus was circumcised when He was eight days old (Luke 2:21). Jesus was then presented in the temple 33 days later after the "days of purification" were competed, which is the 40th day after Jesus was born. (Leviticus 12:2-6 & Luke 2:22-38).
10.  Contrary to popular myth, the "star of Bethlehem" is merely referred to as "his star" which the Magi saw.
a.      Further, there is no Biblical evidence that the star hovered over the stable where Jesus was born. Rather the star hovered over the house (See Matthew 2:11) of Jesus some time after his birth. Matthew 2:1-2,7,9 says "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him. ... Then Herod secretly called the magi, and ascertained from them the time the star appeared ... the star, which they had seen in the east, went on before them, until it came and stood over where the Child was"
b.      The Magi first saw the star at the time of Christ's Birth, then they saw the star long after Jesus was born and arrived at the house of Jesus, probably when Jesus was about 2-9 months old. (see below)
c.       There is no evidence that the Magi were led to Jesus by a bright low hovering star. Such a star would have been quite noticeable by many people. The fact that Herod had to ask the Magi when the star first appeared, proves that the star was not out of the ordinary to the untrained eye. Only the Magi, who studied the stars, would notice it. Hence the idea of a very bright low hovering star shining over the stable where Jesus is born is wrong.
d.      On the other hand, the star the Magi were attracted by, has no acceptable natural celestial explanation and it is clearly a special miracle to attract the Magi.
11.  After Joseph and Mary returned home from their journey, an unknown number of wise men (Magi), visited Jesus at his house (Matthew 2:1-12).
a.      The angel warns Joseph to flee to Egypt because of the impending slaughter of all the male children under the age of two (Matthew 2:13-15).
b.      King Herod kills all the male children out of fear that Jesus would supplant him as king (Matthew 2:16-18).
c.       After the death of King Herod, Joseph returns to Nazareth with Mary and Jesus (Luke 2:39 & Matthew 2:19-23).
d.      Jesus grows up in Nazareth.
III. No room in the Inn or a private house? Lk 2:7
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by bummygee: 10:05am On Dec 25, 2015
Wlshing everyone Merry Christmas and a very successful New year in advance.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by refiner(f): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2015
wishing all d lovli fellaz of nairaland a merry Xmas,,,,hope u guys kept my chicken and goat head....will be visiting u guys home one by one.... pls do drop ur address Una hear? love u all to d bone
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by dahmie2013: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas 2 d great people of dis forum! Kizzeezz!
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Don't be a doubting Thomas cheesy

Doubt u? Is that even possible? My mind would never conceive that. Lol.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2015
#ThankGoditturnsagain. MERRY XMASS! #ThankGoditFriday. HAPPY JUMAT. May God ease our pain from this negative #socioeconomic cocktail. One love, one heart~ let get together n feel alright - singing dont worry, one love ~...
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Cutehector(m): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Una kuku lie cheesy

You mean say she fit sabi 50 guys numbers by heart? cheesy
i meant that special guy, cmon oliviaarims must hv dat special guy she tripping for cheesy
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by ojeota(f): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2015
Its the time of the year again.
Its christmas!!!!!!!!!
Christmas comes with a feeling of love, joy and happiness. May this feeling remains with us now and forever . Amen.
Merry christmas to all nairalanders.
Stay blessed.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by tosyne2much(m): 10:34am On Dec 25, 2015
Cutehector:
i meant that special guy, cmon oliviaarims must hv dat special guy she tripping for cheesy
Of course she go get person wey she dey craze for. Na so e dey be. Hehehehe cheesy
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 25, 2015
francizy:
Merry Xmas to all my camp mates standing on the path of truth! cheesy : Whynotthetruth, Kaboninc, Severussnape, MzPecs, Peppyluv02, DearPreye, MizMyColi, Provocateur, rozayx5, anyaekekehinde, repogirl, firefire, anonimi, kodded, HzRF, Rose2014, ellechrystal, etc

Merry Xmas to the following people standing in the opposition camp; Kingtom (aka awosha grin), Beamborla, modath (don't know if you a Muslim, if you are, then my bad )

Merry Xmas to some other special friends/sisters: PriscaOge, Lyntiffany, Adanna28, khiaa, Prettythicksme, Moana, etc..

Merry Xmas to this my brilliant padi that stands for romance (better to stand for something than to stand for nothing cheesy ): Kinglekan (my DP credit goes to him tho! cheesy)

Lastly, Merry Xmas to the mod of life (even tho you never push my threads, apart from one, go front page before grin): lalasticlala
Thanks dear,even tho u dey always look for my wahala kiss grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by ronald4lif(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2015
Oliviaarims merry Christmas to you too. All the best.

I sight you Tosyne2much, merry xmas boss.

2 Likes

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 25, 2015
Cutehector:
Tosyne2much, do u mean phone numbers?

@Cutehector..That guy I'm tripping for? They are plenty, joor.. All NL clowns! Lol
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Of course she go get person wey she dey craze for. Na so e dey be. Hehehehe cheesy

Ohhh.. "craze for?" That should be you.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by tosyne2much(m): 10:50am On Dec 25, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Ohhh.. "craze for?" That should be you.
Stay dia let pant be wearing you. Me wey no get motor tongue
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by tosyne2much(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2015
ronald4lif:
Oliviaa.rims merry Christmas to you too. All the best.

I sight you Tosyne2.much, merry xmas boss.
Baba, how yankee dey rock now? cheesy
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 25, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Merry Xmas to You Olivia.... You Have fun!wink
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Andykruiz(m): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2015
In little Toyin's voice at LTV's Xmas party**

I want to send a shoutout to dachaste, yourmain, estharfabian, dr. Goodheart, kingtom and the entire Nairaland family. I wish u all a happy xmas and a merry new year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by jvera(f): 11:38am On Dec 25, 2015
merry Christmas to all nairalanders
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by repogirl(f): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2015
francizy:
, repogirl
thanks for the wishes, Francizy.... Have a lovely one yourself with a prosperous new year to come.

We will keep giving it to those fake 'Changelings', whether they like it or not! angry
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 25, 2015
Andykruiz:
In little Toyin's voice at LTV's Xmas party**

I want to send a shoutout to dachaste, yourmain, estharfabian, dr. Goodheart, kingtom and the entire Nairaland family. I wish u all a happy xmas and a merry new year.
Merry Christmas Andy!wink
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by modath(f): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2015
francizy:

Merry Xmas to the following people standing in the opposition camp; mo (don't know if you a Muslim, if you are, then my bad )

Merry Xmas to some other special

Merry Xmas to this my brilliant padi that stands for romance (better to stand for something than to stand for nothing cheesy ): Kinglekan (my DP credit goes to him tho! cheesy)

Lastly, Merry Xmas to the mod of life (even tho you never push my threads, apart from one, go front page before grin): lalasticlala

Thx , merry xmas & a wonderful time to you too.... smiley

I'm a christian, i didn't switch, I'm a child of xtain parent, MO isn't Modinat , don't mind that guy... cheesy
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by francizy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
prettythicksme:
Thanks dear,even tho u dey always look for my wahala kiss grin

It's good to do that at times.. One must not always be a praise singer of the opposite sex... grin cheesy kiss
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families by francizy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
modath:

Thx , merry xmas & a wonderful time to you too.... smiley

I'm a christian, i didn't switch, I'm a child of xtain parent, MO isn't Modinat , don't mind that guy... cheesy

Really? shocked shocked

Didn't even act based on the Modinat stuff cuz I've never seen it before and also, never heard that name before. Just thought you were a Muslim based on your attitude, friends and your allegiance.. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead / The 10 Things You Cant Learn In The Classroom / How To Clear Error Code On Dstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.