Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! (7792 Views)

Share Your Past Life Experiences Here / When Your Past Comes Crawling In / Have You Lived In A Public House In Nigeria? Share Your Funny Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Monalisa185(f): 2:11am On Dec 25, 2015
*picks up the mic*

Good morning ladies and gentlemen...God knows how much I have been waiting for this day...it's that time of the year when we get to share our past Christmas experiences (I'm sure we all have had one in the past cheesy)...don't give me that look tongue...could be what happened when you were growing up and so on....but since they say "charity begins at home", I would gladly open the floor

*clears throat*....it happened when I was little and I vowed never to forget it and to always remember it every 25th of December...a bit of a funny experience though cheesycheesy...i always heard people call anyone beside them to join them whenever they were eating ("come and join me ooo"wink, and the response i always heard was ("no, thank you ooo"wink...so, that very year, we went to the village for the Christmas celebration... on the Christmas day, we had all finished eating that evening, since I happen to be the last in the family, I was always given a double portion of food (naso I like food reach ooo), probably before bedtime (God bless my mama cheesy)

It was almost my bedtime, so I went to my mama and asked her for my second portion of food and chicken(my favorite parts were the head and both legs, though I now hate them with passion, lol)...she knew I was no longer hungry, that I just wanted to eat the chicken,so she gave me a little rice and one leg of the chicken... I managed to eat the rice (mehn, I was so full already)...I was warming up to dissect the chicken when something said to me "won't you practice that thing you have been learning?"...haaaaaaa!! which kain temptation come be this na? I said to myself " you should have reminded me when i was eating the rice na"...but as a child with an indomie brain, I decided to practice ooo...Unfortunately for me, my immediate elder brother was playing a game beside me, so I asked him "Chizzy, come and join me ooo".... Kai!!! that dude had no chill at all, he did not even wait for me to finish, he grabbed the chicken from my hand and was eating it...haha, you needed to have seen my face...Damn!!! for crying out loud, I was expecting the normal, normal " no, thank you oo"...lol, that annoying fella looked at me and said "oh, sorry baby sis...thanks for the meat, you can now go and sleep"... omo, that thing pain me nobe small ooo...

I ran back to mama, crying..guess what? she sent me to bed too *sad face*...I slept that night dreaming of the chicken, and I didn't talk to my brother till we left the village (lol, you know that Kain bitter malice na)..... Finally ,finally, I devised a new means of asking someone to join me while eating.."come and join me, thank you, don't mention"...lol, that one dey pain enter bone marrow tonguetongue...ehhhh, call me 'stingy'...once bitten...you know the rest na tonguetongue

Ladies and gents!! that was the funny/bitter Christmas experience I had in the past...it's now time for each and everyone of you to share your's...com'on, don't be lazy..make today a memorable one cheesycheesy.... Before I drop the mic for the next person, I would like to send a Christmas shout out to the following people:

pinceprinz
faith551
martyns303
flokii
stfuareyouGod
primeministerr
murphyibiam15
Queennikky
sameer1212
chandli
naijaboiy
julianne10
Lalasticlala
tosyne2much
vizkiz
cutehector
roctation
ugliest
farano
Alienstar
jolllyjoy
Decker
fajani
pretydiva
moezzy
donTbone
obiorathesubtle
osedvgirl
tunchi101
misspicy2
pweetychyka
potestdeus
Afrok
ajinoride
nature8
fistking01
johnsown
mzztega
donbenedict
iceberylin
20bc
cupidhero
twaci
Davidmoyes
ceenoEvu
dyn1800
deetus
ishiilove

and every other person that drops by.... I wish you all--------happiness, love, fulfilment,peace, prosperity, friendship, joy, blessings,kindness, strength and grace this day.... MERRY XMAS.....Enjoy the rest of your day #peace

*drops mic*

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 3:55am On Dec 25, 2015
Oh Christmas of 1996 is what I'll never forget in a hurry!! grin grin
This happy chubby little girl wore her christmas dress was walking through the street with her brother for ppl to see my winged balloon dress ,from nowhere I heard a bang and the next thing I saw my Xmas dress become rags on my body cry cry cry,apparently someone had thrown a firework an it fell on my much revered cloth.
my face darkened and tears started falling,I didn't die then thank God cos I was inconsolable!! cool

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 25, 2015
Lol...That was really interesting and thanks for your kind wishes. Mine actually happened in the village too, when i was little. My grandma loves me so much so that she keeps roasted meat for me.

So i travelled home with my brothers and sister but i personally went alone to see my grandmom which is not far away from our home. Greeted everyone including my lovely grandmom and papa.

Next my grandmama started cooking white soup then I went upstairs to stay with papa never knew my brothers and sister were targeting my roasted meat, they went straight to the kitchen and took the meat.

I became so sad and was crying and didn't eat till my grandmom started making another roasted meat. cheesy

That's my own story. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by naijaboiy: 5:23am On Dec 25, 2015
[b]So many experiences.

But I can't forget the one that I and my younger brother threw a disco light into a dry bush just in front of our house and an electric pole was just close to that place. The whole place started to burn,due to the dry season. I was really scared that the whole village will be set ablaze so I and my brother quickly ran home and pretended like nothing was wrong. grin

Later on my dad called me and scolded me. It turned out someone had informed him while they were trying to put out the massive fire. grin

I also remember in 2003/04 when I wanted to hold a 3 sound knock out stick and the whole thing exploded in my hands. sad

I was in pains for the rest of the christmas,but it didn't stop me from eating chicken o grin

I also remember sometime in 2009 when I left an already lit rocket banger to to explode under my mum's car because I was scared of the sparks that fell on me while I was holding it. Thank God she wasn't around that evening,only God knows the kind of slap I would have received. gringrin

Lalasticlala come and share your own story tongue

Merry christmas to you monalisa185 kiss
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by misspicy2(f): 5:39am On Dec 25, 2015
[b]awwwwww this brings a rush of Christmas fever into me,lemme quickly drop two experiences I had when I was a kid

I was a bully then due to my height,I was very tall compared to other children my age grade,in fact you will think am older than them all unless you look at my face properly,so it was 2001,my mum just birthed our last born
So we had relatives come spend Christmas with us,and there was this cousin of mine IYANU(God rest his soul) he was a gentle,meek kid,we call him DinDinrin then,because he does act mumuish grin

so that faithful Christmas we went around the houses in our neighbourhood and beyond eating rice and chicken and to collect Christmas moneygrin(covers face,most ajekpako children do am sha),so we got to a neighbour's house,greeted them,they gave us rice and chicken, as we were eating,I noticed Iyanu stood up and was looking morose, the next thing is a strong odour like poo smelling inside the living room,we all ran outside,Iyanu came out too,lo and behold my cousin just soiled his body with watery poo,lol,immediately I set to work,got a dongoyaro(neem tree) branch,peeled the leaves and I flogged Iyanu like mad,mind you,Iyanu was older than me age wise, lol cheesy,
the woman of the house came out and begged me to leave him,he was screaming,so she gave me water,I cleaned him up and had to clean the whole chair where he sat on too....was a messy work lol,and I used that to blackmail him for long,he did all my chores in exchange for not telling his mummy till they left grin

long story isn't it?
okay here is another one

I was a lover of burnt jollof rice until this episode,I guess it should be 2004 Christmas,so I always eat the burnt part of jollof rice,and as usual my mum had kept that part for me inside the big pot,I went to the backyard and settled down to eat that part with my long devil's spoon,I put my head inside the pot for easy access,my people,I started scratching and eating,lo and behold when the time to remove my head came,I couldn't shocked,I did all I could I couldn't still remove my head and upper part of my body,I started screaming,mumsy ran outside,my siblings came too,instead of them to help they started laughing, next thing I felt was pain of beating on my buttocks,my mum flogged me ehn,then she helped remove me from the pot,see me with oil and rice dripping all over me gringringrin
[/b]

My friends and Nairalanders,Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year grin

cc Catlova, danbrowndmf,Duchesspunkyll (don't you dare forget wink ),john4aguero,stfuareyouGod, Profojah,and all romancelanders

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by martyns303(m): 7:05am On Dec 25, 2015
This is the first time in years that I would be spending Xmas in Nigeria, which means I am never with my family during Xmas, so I don't really have much to tell.

I usually just buy myself a couple of champagne, drink and watch movies. Which is exactly what I am doing right now as I type this.

For those of you who are able to be with ur families and loved ones, I hope u cherish every moment of it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by fajani(m): 7:32am On Dec 25, 2015
Monalisa185:
*picks up the mic*

Good morning ladies and gentlemen...God knows how much I have been waiting for this day...it's that time of the year when we get to share our past Christmas experiences (I'm sure we all have had one in the past cheesy)...don't give me that look tongue...could be what happened when you were growing up and so on....but since they say "charity begins at home", I would gladly open the floor

*clears throat*....it happened when I was little and I vowed never to forget it and to always remember it every 25th of December...a bit of a funny experience though cheesycheesy...i always heard people call anyone beside them to join them whenever they were eating ("come and join me ooo"wink, and the response i always heard was ("no, thank you ooo"wink...so, that very year, we went to the village for the Christmas celebration... on the Christmas day, we had all finished eating that evening, since I happen to be the last in the family, I was always given a double portion of food (naso I like food reach ooo), probably before bedtime (God bless my mama cheesy)

It was almost my bedtime, so I went to my mama and asked her for my second portion of food and chicken(my favorite parts were the head and both legs, though I now hate them with passion, lol)...she knew I was no longer hungry, that I just wanted to eat the chicken,so she gave me a little rice and one leg of the chicken... I managed to eat the rice (mehn, I was so full already)...I was warming up to dissect the chicken when something said to me "won't you practice that thing you have been learning?"...haaaaaaa!! which kain temptation come be this na? I said to myself " you should have reminded me when i was eating the rice na"...but as a child with an indomie brain, I decided to practice ooo...Unfortunately for me, my immediate elder brother was playing a game beside me, so I asked him "Chizzy, come and join me ooo".... Kai!!! that dude had no chill at all, he did not even wait for me to finish, he grabbed the chicken from my hand and was eating it...haha, you needed to have seen my face...Damn!!! for crying out loud, I was expecting the normal, normal " no, thank you oo"...lol, that annoying fella looked at me and said "oh, sorry baby sis...thanks for the meat, you can now go and sleep"... omo, that thing pain me nobe small ooo...

I ran back to mama, crying..guess what? she sent me to bed too *sad face*...I slept that night dreaming of the chicken, and I didn't talk to my brother till we left the village (lol, you know that Kain bitter malice na)..... Finally ,finally, I devised a new means of asking someone to join me while eating.."come and join me, thank you, don't mention"...lol, that one dey pain enter bone marrow tonguetongue...ehhhh, call me 'stingy'...once bitten...you know the rest na tonguetongue

Ladies and gents!! that was the funny/bitter Christmas experience I had in the past...it's now time for each and everyone of you to share your's...com'on, don't be lazy..make today a memorable one cheesycheesy.... Before I drop the mic for the next person, I would like to send a Christmas shout out to the following people:

pinceprinz
faith551
martyns303
flokii
stfuareyouGod
primeministerr
murphyibiam15
Queennikky
sameer1212
chandli
naijaboiy
julianne10
Lalasticlala
tosyne2much
vizkiz
cutehector
roctation
ugliest
farano
Alienstar
jolllyjoy
Decker
fajani
pretydiva
moezzy
donTbone
obiorathesubtle
osedvgirl
tunchi101
misspicy2
pweetychyka
potestdeus
Afrok
ajinoride
nature8
fistking01
johnsown
mzztega
donbenedict
iceberylin
20bc
cupidhero
twaci
Davidmoyes
ceenoEvu
dyn1800
deetus
ishiilove

and every other person that drops by.... I wish you all--------happiness, love, fulfilment,peace, prosperity, friendship, joy, blessings,kindness, strength and grace this day.... MERRY XMAS.....Enjoy the rest of your day #peace

*drops mic*

and you too.. May the chicken and fried Rice have a safe journey from your mouth to oesophagus and from your oesophagus to stomach and from ur stomach to small intestine and from ur intestine to Anus .. No accident... Have a lot fun... Meet me at Elegushi tomorrow....

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Afrok(m): 7:32am On Dec 25, 2015
The two memorable experiences were basically my first time Xmas celebration in my mom's home town (Mbaise) and my dad's (Ikem-Nvosi) coz since we were born, we've always had our festive season's celebrations in Ile-Ife (Osun State).

It was in 2007, we went for my grandfather's burial (mom's dad), after the burial there was enthusiasm about the ppl coming home from a far like us, u'll get to meet new ppl, family members and so on. We had no choice coz who decides when we're to leave if not my parents, so I waited patiently to experience my first Xmas in the south - east.

There was a massive crusade at the village's sch field, one of my uncles had a musical band and was to perform then, so I was prepared for the crusade just to see him (my uncle) sing again with his band.
The crusade started, prayers very intense and all I could see was ppl falling like stray bullets hitting them, i've been to crusades in Ife so I wasn't surprised or scared. Three days crusade ended and it felt like every Tom and Harry (in my mom's voice) were possessed or evil doers.

They organized an inter-village football tournament, i wasn't selected nah, who i sabi and who don see my face before sef. Well, my village was pummelled embarassed.

I didn't know how to ride the bicycle, fetching water was by buying and was very far (village things nah), as one of the eldest male grandchildren I was given the mandate to provide water. Jeez I never see that kind suffer, my twin brother knew how to ride so he's always flexing the bicycle why I was subjected to pushing truck of water with kids, i thought I'll build six packs overnight then shocked cheesy.

Worst experience was the tiny black insects that bites from 6pm to 6am everyday (6-6), u have to wear sleeve until the Sun comes out. Left there with black spots all over my body.
I started rocking my Afro then (big enough to be braided) my God the feeling was intoxicating seeing both ladies and guys stare and comment about my hair, i still used that my hair get one village girl like that sha.

We were more than 30, food wasn't a problem and everywhere was lively. From day 1 to last day, meet my son, this is my son, u look like Chinyere (my mom's name) and other introductory lines never stopped. In general, it was a memorable experience.
Am not good at writing stories, if u've enjoyed Xmas in your home town for the first time, i think u might understand better.

The second experience is loading...

Merry Xmas and happy New year in advance to
Monalisa185, utosco, yunglivochi, hayjay16, Chestar5, iamkingzlee, wunmi590, ClintonNzedimma, philismary, CFCfan, Tonylyte, daveP, MizMyColi, buskie13, Seun and all Nairalanders...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by obiorathesubtle: 8:25am On Dec 25, 2015
Monalisa185:
*picks up the mic*

pinceprinz
faith551
martyns303
flokii
stfuareyouGod
primeministerr
murphyibiam15
Queennikky
sameer1212
chandli
naijaboiy
julianne10
Lalasticlala
tosyne2much
vizkiz
cutehector
roctation
ugliest
farano
Alienstar
jolllyjoy
Decker
fajani
pretydiva
moezzy
donTbone
obiorathesubtle
osedvgirl
tunchi101
misspicy2
pweetychyka
potestdeus
Afrok
ajinoride
nature8
fistking01
johnsown
mzztega
donbenedict
iceberylin
20bc
cupidhero
twaci
Davidmoyes
ceenoEvu
dyn1800
deetus
ishiilove

*drops mic*

lwkm.. Thanks hon.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2015
shocked cheesy shocked kiss kiss kiss
misspicy2:
[b]awwwwww this brings a rush of Christmas fever into me,lemme quickly drop two experiences I had when I was a kid

I was a bully then due to my height,I was very tall compared to other children my age grade,in fact you will think am older than them all unless you look at my face properly,so it was 2001,my mum just birthed our last born
So we had relatives come spend Christmas with us,and there was this cousin of mine IYANU(God rest his soul) he was a gentle,meek kid,we call him DinDinrin then,because he does act mumuish grin

so that faithful Christmas we went around the houses in our neighbourhood and beyond eating rice and chicken and to collect Christmas moneygrin(covers face,most ajekpako children do am sha),so we got to a neighbour's house,greeted them,they gave us rice and chicken, as we were eating,I noticed Iyanu stood up and was looking morose, the next thing is a strong odour like poo smelling inside the living room,we all ran outside,Iyanu came out too,lo and behold my cousin just soiled his body with watery poo,lol,immediately I set to work,got a dongoyaro(neem tree) branch,peeled the leaves and I flogged Iyanu like mad,mind you,Iyanu was older than me age wise, lol cheesy,
the woman of the house came out and begged me to leave him,he was screaming,so she gave me water,I cleaned him up and had to clean the whole chair where he sat on too....was a messy work lol,and I used that to blackmail him for long,he did all my chores in exchange for not telling his mummy till they left grin

long story isn't it?
okay here is another one

I was a lover of burnt jollof rice until this episode,I guess it should be 2004 Christmas,so I always eat the burnt part of jollof rice,and as usual my mum had kept that part for me inside the big pot,I went to the backyard and settled down to eat that part with my long devil's spoon,I put my head inside the pot for easy access,my people,I started scratching and eating,lo and behold when the time to remove my head came,I couldn't shocked,I did all I could I couldn't still remove my head and upper part of my body,I started screaming,mumsy ran outside,my siblings came too,instead of them to help they started laughing, next thing I felt was pain of beating on my buttocks,my mum flogged me ehn,then she helped remove me from the pot,see me with oil and rice dripping all over me gringringrin
[/b]

My friends and Nairalanders,Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year grin

cc Catlova, danbrowndmf,Duchesspunkyll (don't you dare forget wink ),john4aguero,stfuareyouGod, Profojah,and all romancelanders
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Hysmady(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2015
It was December 25 2011...the day my mother passed on just like that...it was a terrible and hectic day for me and my siblings and relatives...its her 4th remembrance today...Just like yesterday.... cry I celebrate my mom every Christmas...Forever in my heart

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Demmocrats(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2015
And this crap made front page kiss

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by kaysunnex: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2015
space booked
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2015
no experience. I just sit down at home and calculate exchange rate
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by iteleaye(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2015
My xmas has always been about me waiting for my neighbors to share the rice amd share the booze, unless of course you want me to lie about any real experience i neva had... undecided
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by gmacnoms(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2015
I hav Bsc plus 6months experience as bvn officer DB. Please I need a job in delta state, so I can hav more experience and settle some bills..... Thats hw my Chrismas is goin o
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by oshe11: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2015
stil Thinking of d one to tell...........

Sori bt stl tinkin............

Tinking continues.......
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by chimah3(m): 10:02am On Dec 25, 2015
Throwing banger all eve into Christmas day. Dad would buy us rolls of knockout! Choi! Other kids would start trooping to our house for 'supplies'...Heheeee! grin.

Funny how we out grow all these stuffs...
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Helkayklassic(m): 10:02am On Dec 25, 2015
ok
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Luixziery: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2015
Xmaz tins
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Truckpusher(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by SammyO4real: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2015
Nothing to share. Visit sharemobile.com
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=Truckpusher post=41325357][/quote]

Hahaha.
You sure say you well? Oya share your own experience make I read
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by ggrin(f): 10:06am On Dec 25, 2015
grin
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by chimah3(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2015
tongue
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by DEIFIED(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Last to comment.
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by marshalcarter: 10:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Ion knw wat to say but i give God thanks cos by dis tym last year..ion know if I have up to 1k but now...I thank God cool

1 Like

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by cupidhero(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
So you mean to tell us you have been calculating the exchange rate of Naira since 1985 till date?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mystery: Sheep Gave Birth To A Human Baby In Oyo Town! / Happy Father's Day 2022 / What Dirtyness Can Cause:maggots Coming Out Of Woman's Head (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.