Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding (33625 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by wwwkaycom(m): 6:17am On Dec 25, 2015
He met his fiancee in their school, she's one of the choir sisters in their fellowship choir. They started their love affairs in 2014 and would like to get married mid-2016. The big issue according to him is that the lady don't seem to be prepared for marriage, even though she's working, she hasn't gotten anything to show that she's working towards marriage in 2 years not to talk of the next 6 months.

He said she spends her money on clothes, shoes and jewelries but recently served him and one of his friends food with the stainless plate that they use in her home, he said he felt humbled when his friend politely turned down the food.

This guy believes that his fiancee by now ought to have invested on kitchen wares, plates, cutleries etc. He said he had actually started buying these stuffs without informing her but is now of the opinion that the lady may not change in marriage. I have asked him to talk it over with his fiancee which he did but he said she told him point blank that that is his responsibility. He has already diverted the money he was saving for the wedding to landed property, saying he will begin to look out for another lady. My plea fell on his deaf ears.

My take dear nairalanders is that the issue is just too flimsy to warrant separation at this stage, what do you think about it?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Trunaijian: 6:22am On Dec 25, 2015
Its not flimsy. Your friend isn't comfortable with her personality then why marry her? She is not going to change and isnt willing to give it a try. He had better look for someone who he is comfortable with. Believe me, I speak from experience.

239 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 25, 2015
A bad follower wil neva make a good leader just as a bad gf neva makes a good wife.these ar d kinda mothers dat use money meant 4 school fees of children on party nd "aso ebi" tel ur cousin to look else whre 4 his missing rib.

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by wwwkaycom(m): 6:29am On Dec 25, 2015
VampireeM:
IMO, he is just looking for an excuse to call it quits and not cause of the household items stuffs
I felt the same way, I even asked him to come to my house and pick as many of the kitchen things as he wanted but he refused saying his fiancee must learn how to be responsible, it was at this time he told me he had bought quite a number of kitchen wares, micro wave, cooker etc Well, I love responsible ladies but they can still talk things over

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by ElDaIllest(m): 6:30am On Dec 25, 2015
let them have a heart to heart discussion, it's funny how one person make up his/her mind towards break up when it took both consent to get engaged, in my opinion I think the best break up is if you both agree that the relationship is taking you guys no where and call it quits.... like I said "IN MY OWN OPINION"... goodluck and merry Christmas

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 25, 2015
A man's mind is made up and you want to change his decision. You have no idea how many nights he must have spent planning before fully deciding on this.
Tell me OP, do you personally have anything to gain making her stay?

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by VampireeM(f): 6:39am On Dec 25, 2015
wwwkaycom:
I felt the same way, I even asked him to come to my house and pick as many of the kitchen things as he wanted but he refused saying his fiancee must learn how to be responsible, it was at this time he told me he had bought quite a number of kitchen wares, micro wave, cooker etc Well, I love responsible ladies but they can still talk things over

Everyone has their priorities though am not saying what the lady is doing is good. Most of the time most ladies dont feel the need to buy all those gadgets.. I for example cant get a microwave and co for myself as a single lady unless I need it.. I buy what I need.. Men are different esp the ones that wants to settle down soon.. they start buying those things they will need in the home/marriage. Your friend should talk to her cause to me a lady not buying those things aint a sign she is not ready for marriage.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by joa2013: 6:42am On Dec 25, 2015
Whao! this one na woman? They shouldn't break up but she need a two month attachment with my wife, before we got married, my wife bought too much of these things that I started asking if she want to become a caterer, she even bought refrigerator and deep freezer that we have not opened till date since 2011. The amount of these thing in my house now cannot be fully put to use in our life time because I and my beautiful and dutiful wife got more than we be bargained for as gifts during our wedding, Everybody cannot be the same but let that lady learn to be responsible. OP, please its not flimsy but let them talk things over between themselves, merry Xmas.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by mamajohn(f): 6:59am On Dec 25, 2015
It could be due to her upbringing. I started buying these things as a university student because my mother taught me that I should begin to prepare for my home even as I was preparing for a career then. So when I had the opportunity of an ASUU strike job and 6 months industrial attachment, I used the money to prepare for my professional exams, buy good dresses for myself and buy kitchen utensils. I have good taste for beautiful kitchens so I started preparing for one 4 years before I eventually got married. Let the couple sit up and discuss, let them see marriage counsellor, this isn't flimsy, she should learn how to compliment her hubby right from now, she can still buy her beautiful clothes and jewelries even while picking up few kitchen things here and there, a word is enough for the wise.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by NifemiOlu(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2015
Cheers to your friend for being a man. He's heading in the right direction.

Using myself as a yardstick, I must have talked to her about it severally before telling my cousin that I may have to break up since she is not yielding. Maybe he has talked to her and got fed up.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Segadem(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2015
There's no perfect man or woman out there, you are the one u will make her what you want her to be,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by blaise26abj(m): 7:40am On Dec 25, 2015
Shoes, clothes and Jewellery ? i'm sure say she no get savings. Can u imagine her saying " it is his responsibility". Stainless steel plates for that matter oooo. Financial management is a critical aspect of a marriage. Op, it seems your cousin sees things deeper than you can imagine. He is on the right track and his head is very correct ( landed property is an investment he will never regret unlike marrying a money sinkhole who prefers the way she looks in public than investing in their future together)

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by ogawisdom(m): 7:41am On Dec 25, 2015
Op he has nt married her yet so can't demand she uses her money to buy stuff for their future kitchen, it is at d lady's discretion. What he can do is to b buying d kitchen stuff himself or give d lady money to buy n bring to his house. It is his responsibility really tongue. Marriage is nt a partnership its abt a provider n a helper, dts y d woman's total submission to d man's leadership/authority is nt negotiable cool

She is moving into ur house as d man, when she moves in she must then support u. It is good sha to see her making plans towards ur future together, dt shows commitment but at this stage it's at her discretion.

By d way wat kinda of man will allow a woman move into his house with properties, she should nt move in into ur house with things beyond her clothing's, personal effects n d likes but nt gas cooker, microwave etc

U kw her well, do wat u think u shld do

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by iykedare(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2015
ogawisdom:
Marriage is nt a partnership its abt a provider n a helper, dts y d woman's total submission to d man's leadership is nt negotiable.

These nairaland women will fry your skull for this.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by ogawisdom(m): 8:01am On Dec 25, 2015
iykedare:

These nairaland women will fry your skull for this.

It is a divine injunction _ source d holy bible cool

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by kweenkong(f): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2015
ogawisdom:
Op he has nt married her yet so can't demand she uses her money to buy stuff for their future kitchen, it is at d lady's discretion. What he can do is to b buying d kitchen stuff himself or give d lady money to buy n bring to his house. It is his responsibility really tongue. Marriage is nt a partnership its abt a provider n a helper, dts y d woman's total submission to d man's leadership/authority is nt negotiable cool
She is moving into ur house as d man, when she moves in she must then support u. It is good sha to see her making plans towards ur future together, dt shows commitment but at this stage it's at her discretion.
By d way wat kinda of man will allow a woman move into his house with properties, she should nt move in into ur house with things beyond her clothing's, personal effects n d likes but nt gas cooker, microwave etc
U kw her well, do wat u think u shld do

In as much as I agree with you, the lady needs to show a bit of commitment to the relationship. It's not about her money, even if she doesn't want to use her she can collect from the guy and buy for the house. There are many ways to skin a cat.
I know a couple and that was how the woman started and it continued into the marriage. Four years after marriage she collected money for blender she bought while her husband was away and still inflated the price.

Marriage is our thing, the house, the property, everything inside is ours so it is a joint effort. Investments is not only, time and effort. I think the issue is she is not showing any signs of preparing for a married life.

Before I got married I didn't have any money to buy stuffs but I was always excited to window shop send my husband the pictures and price and wish we could get it.
When he got my husband went behind my back bought some and surprised me. It just showed to him that I was preparing for a life with him but I was hindered by money.

Just maybe he should talk to her one more time for the sake of there love.

Merry Christmas

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by NifemiOlu(m): 8:19am On Dec 25, 2015
kweenkong:

In as much as I agree with you, the lady needs to show a bit of commitment to the relationship. It's not about her money, even if she doesn't want to use her she can collect from the guy and buy for the house. There are many ways to skin a cat.
I know a couple and that was how the woman started and it continued into the marriage. Four years after marriage she collected money for blender she bought while her husband was away and still inflated the price.

Marriage is our thing, the house, the property, everything inside is ours so it is a joint effort. Investments is not only, time and effort. I think the issue is she is not showing any signs of preparing for a married life.

Before I got married I didn't have any money to buy stuffs but I was always excited to window shop send my husband the pictures and price and wish we could get it.
When he got my husband went behind my back bought some and surprised me. It just showed to him that I was preparing for a life with him but I was hindered by money.

Just maybe he should talk to her one more time for the sake of there love.

Merry Christmas

Exactly

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Mariecakes(f): 8:40am On Dec 25, 2015
she spends her money on clothes, shoes and jewelries
she's not yet married, she's working, she doesn't have kids (kid) whatelse will a young lady spend her money on undecided

his fiance by now ought to have invested on kitchen wares, plates, cutleries etc.
They will get many of all this from family (No family especially mothers, big auntie and sisters will send their daughter to a man's house without utensils) and as wedding gifts even from people they dont know

served him and one of his friend food with the stainless plate that they use in her home,
A simple correction would do, you can never have a complete package, there are somethings you have to change yourself n that cant be done by keeping mute, looking for excuses to breakup... Relationships these days lack true love.. As long as there is no cheating involved, issues can be resolved.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by nmreports: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2015
VampireeM:
IMO, he is just looking for an excuse to call it quits and not cause of the household items stuffs

I apologize for saying this is a brainless comment.

* 6 months to wedding she is not showing any sign of settling down. (A modest woman will be having plans with her husband).
* 6 months to wedding she is still buying vain things. (She ought to be saving for the tough first year of wedding).
* 6 months to wedding she told the husband to be that it is his responsibility. (Apparently they have tried to talk about it).

This is a full time wife in the making.
She will probably depend on you for everything and milk you dry while buying vain stuff.
She should as a good woman be discussing financial plans of their wedding and after marriage. That is who a good woman is.

This man will clearly not be happy in the marriage and that's depression in the making because this is not the kind of woman he wants in a marriage. He wants support and someone who can contribute.

I suppose she is young.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by looseweight: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Demmocrats(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2015
OP all you said sounded funny but forgot to mention the most important quality in a wife, You said they met in Church, she is a Choir member but you failed to explain how Godly she is because a woman that fears God is more important than a woman that buys ceramics plates.

Besides OP you failed to mention her age, i guess she is still in her early twenties and may be from a well to do family, you don't expect her to be mature enough to know all those things you know and all you what her to do.

OP if your brother truly love her and she has the fear of God, i don't see anything wrong with the lady besides nobody is perfect including him that want's to marry the girl.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by harrysterol(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2015
[size=15pt]This ladies ain't loyal [/size]

Marry her and save nothing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by zone20: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2015
yeapa
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by brunofarad(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2015
Why do I smell LIES grin?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by iteleaye(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2015
Let him bail out if he is not comfy with her attitude... Any mistake when it comes to choosing ur spouse, na sufferment till the end of time o...

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Helkayklassic(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2015
Different kind of break up nowadays but this cutlery own is new o.

7 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by bunmioguns(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2015
undecided
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by passionate88: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2015
angry grin angry grin wink angry grin grin your cousin is wise. Such girls are not wifey material at all. They are the type that reason like this 'my husband's money is our money while my money is mine alone' our girls are just too narrow minded

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by ultimate77(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2015
OK I'm coming lemme first read,, I will now know what to say.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by philfrey08: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2015
She go give u High BP....

Imagine.... Serving a visitor with stainless plates?
She be the kin person wey go see kitchen stuff as gift an insult.

They shd talk things over first then he can den make a final decision

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures) / Bob-manuel Don-christian: 'My Wife Had A Son For Another Man' / Madu Anthonia Obianuju Nonuplets: Nairalanders, I Need Help To Confirm This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.