Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Ten Years Of Demonstration Of Craze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Years Of Demonstration Of Craze (721 Views)

Pictorial Demonstration Of Wike's Victory. / MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested / Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Years Of Demonstration Of Craze by ndelta1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2009
TEN YEARS OF DEMONSTRATION OF CRAZE
On the 29th of May, Nigeria marked 10 years of transition to civil rule, within these period of 10 years there has been display of straight or what I will say insanity by the power brokers.

Nigerians has witnessed the barbaric style of leadership by those politicians that come into power in the bid to enrich themselves, living behind the promise they made in the days of campaign.

The pains and venom drove through my bone marrow as an unemployed graduate each time I see politicians, I mean people that got the grace to put things right after decades of backward movement initiated by the military. But all they do is flexing of powers and strength rather than flexing of developments. Within these 10 years of political insanity in Nigeria, these are some invents that proved and confirmed the eccentric nature of our democracy.

The coming of Obasanjo looks like a light at the end of a tunnel, but did not take time to know that it was just the same old game plan. He came with some developmental master plan and a map of navigation which was greatly accepted by all and sundry, not knowing that they were the same political gimmick to drive away our mind from his original intents.

What do we have to celebrate for, is it the celebrated Oputal panel that could not achieve the said aims and objectives rather it was used to open up old wounds and celebrate Babangida super, mega and unlimited power, the two watch dogs (EFCC or ICPC) that were mainly used to oppress oppositions, and used to fight those that were not subjective to General Obasanjos opinions and plans, the several killings of individual, which Chief Bola Ige Fell victim of or ethnic cleansing in the Niger delta, I mean the Odi village barbaric killing by the so-called men that are meant to protect the people now turned to be their killer, and the killing of the Tiv people during the clash of the Jukun and Tiv people in Zakibiam in the year 2001, all these attacks were all in the bid  to inflicts injuries on the opposition.

These absolute flexing of strength paved way to continues suffering the masses receives from the people they voted for. The electoral system is well designed in such a way that with or without our vote, they get an easy ride to the top. Elections in Nigeria is generally characterises by violence and most time don’t reflects the views and conscience of the populace, the unpopular candidate will now have his/her way. A popular joke goes does “there was this discussion with an American, a Chinese and a Nigeria, the Chinese man in show his country rule of law said If there is an election in China you get the result the second day, the American burst in to laughter and affirm the fact that if election takes place in the US you have the result before the close of the day but the Nigeria man shout them down and said in Nigeria you get the result of the election before the actual voting“. The 2007 election tribunal nullification of some result is a manifest of the style of selection I will say we do in Nigeria.   The rescheduled election in ten local governments in Ekiti state greatly open up can of worm in our electoral system. While countries like Ghana and South African held violence and malpractices free election, what a shame.

Our Education system is nothing to write home about, I remember when I was in the secondary school our English master was a Ghanaian, can you imagine a foreigner not an English man but a co west African coming down to Nigeria to take up teaching responsibilities what a shame. Education in Nigeria is not giving its own due when it comes to funding, and the little money injected are used by political faithful. Why because their children are schooling abroad and those within the coast of Nigeria are in the private institutions. So the state of our education is not their headache.

We now generate a lot of applicants; a lot of countries showcase their talents, while we try to number the millions among us that are jobless. I went for an aptitude test not too long ago, I almost bust into tears, because of the numbers of the applicant, that took my mind to different vices and troubles caused by youth of this generation, a lot took up arms and ammunitions to make ends meets, as am writing this article, I form part of those that prefer to continue in the search and apply for ones that will not attracts a lot of applicants and try to avoid the ones that will need a letter from a big politicians from the ruling party. Even jobs in the Military and Paramilitary are given to children of the privilege. What is our joy if for ten years we could not bring back the lost glory.

The Basic needs of the masses could not be meet up to 5%, which is most disgraceful to us as a nation, and at the end we are clamouring for a permanent sit in the United Nation, a nation that could not feed herself nor protect the interest of her citizenry is now seeking for a responsibility to overseas her continental region. What a shame. Our Power system had a been in a rotating situation, its just a pipeline used by our politicians to pipe away tax payer's money, I don’t want to dwell on these because it’s another big issue on it’s own, which manifested through the arrest of some house members.

Food and security is another thing we are short of. The recent invasion of the creeks by hungry zombie, killing the old, young women and helpless children. Let me just keep mum, because if I should make a statement, it will look as if am against a certain section of the nation. Truly it was a ploy to cleanse the Niger delta region so as to have full access to the oil. But only the creator has power to cleanse not man.
An extract from Baba Fela’s Music “Demo crazy Crazy demo, Demonstration of craze, crazy demonstration, if e no be craze, why for Africa”   it’s truly an eccentric display of talents, which the National Assembly was the major visual screen of the shame.

My fellow Nigerians what do we have to show for the ten years of civil rule? What do have on our score card? What do we have to boast of? Where are the manifests of good governance? What do we have to show for ten years? Has Nigerian felt the real dividends of democracy? Why the celebration? Is it not another means for siphoning the nation?  Please if you’ve not been to Lagos state, go there and see they are really enjoying democracy.

We are at the back seat amidst committee of nations, TEN YEARS OF WASTE, let’s sit back and make the right decision. When next you want to vote, vote the true democrats.

Ojangbe Peter Omojaifoh Aikhenomian
Taiwo Road Ilorin
omojaifoh@yahoo.com
Re: Ten Years Of Demonstration Of Craze by ifele(m): 1:15am On Jun 11, 2009
Bobo voting is not gonna help. We gotta have an organized armed revolt all over the country.

We gotta help the N-Delta militants defeat JTF and the oil companies. We need violent action not voting.

Imagine what we can do if all the unemployed receive assault rifles and RPGs we will outnumber them 100:1.

We just need to organize ourselves.
Re: Ten Years Of Demonstration Of Craze by Nigerd(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2018
ifele:
Bobo voting is not gonna help. We gotta have an organized armed revolt all over the country.

We gotta help the N-Delta militants defeat JTF and the oil companies. We need violent action not voting.

Imagine what we can do if all the unemployed receive assault rifles and RPGs we will outnumber them 100:1.

We just need to organize ourselves.

we don't need revolution, all need do is to save the lives of the unsaved... that is what God expected us to do,

Wrote this article almost 10 years ago, when the knowledge of God was still lacking...

embrace Christ.. for he is the author and finisher of our fate...

(1) (Reply)

2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek / Commissioner's Wife And Perm Sec Kidnapped. / To Be Led By The Blind (yar’adua And The Man He Picked To Lead Obafemi Awolowo U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.