Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Tinted Glass And Factory Tinted Glass: What Did The Law Says - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinted Glass And Factory Tinted Glass: What Did The Law Says (1476 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinted Glass And Factory Tinted Glass: What Did The Law Says by princemillla(m): 9:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Hello fellaz, pls what is the stand of the law on factory Tinted glass and man made tinted glass.

Sometimes back, I heard FG ban the use of tinted glass, later exempt the factory tinted ones.

Pls share you knowledge on this to help me(others) know what the stance of the law as not to fall victim to our men in black

Merry Christmas to everyone
Re: Tinted Glass And Factory Tinted Glass: What Did The Law Says by DonX001: 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
From what I know when I researched it then like 2yrs ago, the current rule is this-
It's only factory tinted glass that you are allowed to use, and you must have a tinted glass permit to be able to use it which goes for about 12-15k.

Any thing that is not factory tinted.....that is any tint you put yourself is illegal, and you're not covered by the tinted glass permit.

Open to corrections if this has changed.
Re: Tinted Glass And Factory Tinted Glass: What Did The Law Says by princemillla(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2015
DonX001:
From what I know when I researched it then like 2yrs ago, the current rule is this-
It's only factory tinted glass that you are allowed to use, and you must have a tinted glass permit to be able to use it which goes for about 12-15k.

Any thing that is not factory tinted.....that is any tint you put yourself is illegal, and you're not covered by the tinted glass permit.

Open to corrections if this has changed.
Thank you sir. so apparently, if you must use factory fitted tinted glass, you must also get a copy of tinted permits.

Pls do you have idea how to go about the permit sir
Re: Tinted Glass And Factory Tinted Glass: What Did The Law Says by DonX001: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
princemillla:
Thank you sir. so apparently, if you must use factory fitted tinted glass, you must also get a copy of tinted permits.

Pls do you have idea how to go about the permit sir

Precisely.
Not too sure, but I think the same people that do car documents arrange it.
I think if you search Nairaland here, think there's one guy here that arranges it for people (I think along with other car documents).
You can search "how to get a tinted glass permit" here on Nairaland.
Officially, you're meant to apply to the IG of Police or something like that in Abuja, who approves it and sends it back to you.
But most people simply get it through someone arranging it for them.

(1) (Reply)

See What Someone Said About Lamborghini (with Picture). / Is The 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 A Good Buy? / Neatly Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Available For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.