Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) (67641 Views)

Fire Out Break At Chicason Gas Plant In Nnewi, Scores feared dead / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lagos; Jumps Out Of His Range Rover And Tears Clothes -Pic / Graphics Pics Of The Gas Explosion In Port-harcourt Two Days Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Emary(f): 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
I hope that man makes it. He has over 40-50% 1st and 2nd degree burns by my estimation. He probably couldn't feel so much pain because of the initial adrenaline surge from the shock but he is now prone to infection and hypothermia (loss of body temperature due to exposed tissues from skin loss. Treatment of such a case would be extremely painful, expensive and involve months of therapy if not surgeries. God saved me from about 11 - 13% 2nd degree burns earlier this year following a gas explosion in my kitchen. I tell you, Hell flashed before my eyes so I don't want to imagine what the poor souls in the gas plant went through. As a doctor, I had to take charge of my management when colleagues and some nurses weren't handling me right and I am so lucky to have very minimal scarring now but I don't know what fate awaits him.

To answer the question of what to do for burns, it depends on the degree of severity. The best is such a case would be to cover him with a clean cloth and rush him to the hospital for first aid.

2 Likes

Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by arabianights: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
laketea:
HEART TOUCHING STORY!!!
This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!!
--------------------------------------------------
The Love Story of a Unilag Babe and Bus Conductor

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Something interesting happened on my way to Oshodi this
morning. At the park this rough mean-looking conductor
also known as “agbero” in Yoruba was screaming for
passengers, his vernacular oscillating between Yoruba and
pidgin English.
“Oshod! Oshod!” He shouted angrily as I along with some
other passengers scuttled for seats. There was this beautiful
young lady who couldn’t throw caution and decorum to the
wind but waited patiently until the bus was almost filled.

Then she pleaded to sit by the agbero until somebody came
down then she would pay for a proper seat.
The agbero didn’t even look at her pretty face, he hissed and
shouted to the driver to move that why didn’t she rush when
others were rushing. The girl started pleading in Yoruba and
clean ‘oyinbo’ english; “please, ejó, help me out sir, I know
you are a good man, never mind all this shout you have
been shouting (people burst into laughter). Let me sit by
your side please”.

Finally with much squeezing of face the agbero relented and
she sat beside him. It was a tight squeeze but she didn’t
complain but rather started praising the agbero.
He in turn started teasing her, speaking (and sometimes spitting by
mistake) into her face but the girl never looked away, she
never let the smile leave her face. He asked her where she
worked and she replied that she was a student in the
University of Lagos (UNILAG) studying accounting.

He teased her in Yoruba about her boyfriend and car (maybe asking
why her boyfriend didn’t drop her at her destination…she
laughed it off and continued to gist with the guy in Yoruba.

When she reached her junction the agbero alighted the bus
for her to come down. She did and paid her transport fare,
then the agbero told her to give him a peck on the cheek for
being so ‘gentlemanly’. At this point some of us became
indignant, haba! He had been teasing her since, he should
let her go.
[/b]
Click Here to Continue Reading...

Very interesting.... cant wait to read it all up but never loads the page when i click.Cant you just cc and paste the remaining story? please!
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by akigbemaru: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Video of explosion in Anambra
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Jephz(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
refiner:
shooting video instead of helping out in his pains......smh pitifully
grin. #sma
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by refiner(f): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jephz:
grin. #sma
my crush grin
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Jephz(m): 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
refiner:

my crush grin
ah .my love .. Nice teeth grin
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Sanchase: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is what happens in a country of poor safety standards. This chikasson should be charged to court and fined billions in compensation to families involved.

RIP to the dead, get well soon to the injured.

1 Like

Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Rhea(f): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
NwaAdazi:
this is life video account of nnewi inferno at chickason gas plant. may the souls of the dead rest in peace. may the injured have quick and speedy recovery in Jesus name . Amen

https://web.facebook.com/ilochonwu.prince/videos/912708552153451/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47QP4h5_5-w
[size=18pt]
Anu mpama. Person dey burn to death in front of you and you are busy forming CNN. Dumass[/size]
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
There is a need for the Federal and state government to restructure their respective Fire Fighting Services. The federal government should discontinue running a Fire fighting service and each of their branches should be collapsed into their host state's fire service and then each state should endeavour to equip them properly and have at least one Rapid Response Fire Station in each major town in the state. I bet if there was a good fire fighting service in Nnewi to react fast to the explosions, things might not have gotten so worse. RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
laketea:
HEART TOUCHING STORY!!!
This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!!
--------------------------------------------------
The Love Story of a Unilag Babe and Bus Conductor

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Something interesting happened on my way to Oshodi this
morning. At the park this rough mean-looking conductor
also known as “agbero” in Yoruba was screaming for
passengers, his vernacular oscillating between Yoruba and
pidgin English.
“Oshod! Oshod!” He shouted angrily as I along with some
other passengers scuttled for seats. There was this beautiful
young lady who couldn’t throw caution and decorum to the
wind but waited patiently until the bus was almost filled.

Then she pleaded to sit by the agbero until somebody came
down then she would pay for a proper seat.
The agbero didn’t even look at her pretty face, he hissed and
shouted to the driver to move that why didn’t she rush when
others were rushing. The girl started pleading in Yoruba and
clean ‘oyinbo’ english; “please, ejó, help me out sir, I know
you are a good man, never mind all this shout you have
been shouting (people burst into laughter). Let me sit by
your side please”.

Finally with much squeezing of face the agbero relented and
she sat beside him. It was a tight squeeze but she didn’t
complain but rather started praising the agbero.
He in turn started teasing her, speaking (and sometimes spitting by
mistake) into her face but the girl never looked away, she
never let the smile leave her face. He asked her where she
worked and she replied that she was a student in the
University of Lagos (UNILAG) studying accounting.

He teased her in Yoruba about her boyfriend and car (maybe asking
why her boyfriend didn’t drop her at her destination…she
laughed it off and continued to gist with the guy in Yoruba.

When she reached her junction the agbero alighted the bus
for her to come down. She did and paid her transport fare,
then the agbero told her to give him a peck on the cheek for
being so ‘gentlemanly’. At this point some of us became
indignant, haba! He had been teasing her since, he should
let her go.
[/b]
Click Here to Continue Reading...

post the full story or forget it
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by DarkHenrie(m): 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
Render help how again, please? If you're not an igbo person and didnt understand all that was said there, just keep quiet.
Ijaya123:
Who shot the video?

Is it shooting the video that should be paramount on that person's mind or rendering help to the victim?

In a way, I think mobile phone has taking away the sensibilities in some people. They are now dummies.
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Ijaya123: 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
DarkHenrie:
Render help how again, please? If you're not an igbo person and didnt understand all that was said there, just keep quiet.

You mean the fire that burn the victims is an indigenes of Igbo land?
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
That guy was not burnt! The fire didn't touch him! This is what probably happened...he was very close to the inferno and the heat peeled his skin hence he was still able to escape. If the fire touched him, it would have demobilized him. He should count himself lucky anyway!

May the souls of those who died Rest In Peace
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Bitterleafsoup: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sanchase:
This is what happens in a country of poor safety standards. This chikasson should be charged to court and fined billions in compensation to families involved.

RIP to the dead, get well soon to the injured.
Nnewi youth are already mobilizing to handle him, this tragedy will no go unpunished.
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by DarkHenrie(m): 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
The man was being asked to hop a bike and taken to the hospital. Didn't you see how himself kept walking as if nothing happened?
Ijaya123:

You mean the fire that burn the victims is an indigenes of Igbo land?
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by tinktanker: 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
jairusben:
So bad,,,person dey video him follow human in pain...naija wich way
how u for take know?
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fire drill basics, whenever you are on fire, don't panic(hard as it seems), the first thing you do is stop, duck and roll. This method puts the fire out.
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by juman(m): 12:08am On Dec 26, 2015
Hmmmm, unfortunate.

Avoidable accident.
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by theDEVILisHERE: 12:40am On Dec 26, 2015
eleojo23:
There was another explosion in Asaba.
I am beginning to think that there is more to these explosions than we know. These may be terrorist attacks disguised as accidents.

These explosions are terrorist attacks
That's a fact

Most of you are still sleeping
Don't worry you all will soon be woken up
Problem is
It might be too late by then
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by charles009(m): 2:59am On Dec 26, 2015
All you people screaming the video guy is heartless sound more mean itself. The best you can do is get him to a safe place before properly trained team arrives. There is absolutely nothing you can do! Environment is tense and fluid. People are cautious. Help yourself first.
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by cococandy(f): 4:10am On Dec 26, 2015
When I first saw this video in Facebook I was like WTH? Gosh. I don't k ow what we humans are turning into. I've ceased to be surprised anymore.
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Moz22: 4:35am On Dec 26, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] I feel like cursing the person that did this video
But then
The running guy acts guilty
Sorry for them
[/size]
hmmm..u may be correct u know. Who knows if he is responsible for d vandalization?
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Moz22: 4:38am On Dec 26, 2015
paycash:
May God heal those that injures at this incident in Jesus Name, and for those that dead may their souls rest in perfect peace.
died pls.. Or better say lost their lives
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Baroba(m): 9:13am On Dec 26, 2015
There are lot of money miss roads who consider everything as business in this country, stuff like selling gasoline, butane gas, kerosene should be heavily regulated by any serious government ensuring strict health and safety regulations are in place before granting anyone a licence, unfortunately this is Nigeria we are talking about were corruption and extreme callousness na the order of the day embarassed

I have seen some of this so called gas plants, most times you barely see a fire extinguisher or any fire fighting equipment in site.

1 Like

Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by gozie85(m): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2015
Pls guys beware of the bastard advertising data for sale on this forum.......we agreed he will sell data to me for 750.....but alas it was scam......he refuse to pick my calls ever without sending the data
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by gozie85(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2015
The guy has changed his number........the number he wrote was07033646470..........pls guys beware of this scanner.......who knows how many pole are victims already
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by brytee: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
So this slowpoke was busy filming while the victim was burning?.... God hv mercy on we Nigerians
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Bitterleafsoup: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
Baroba:
There are lot of money miss roads who consider everything as business in this country, stuff like selling gasoline, butane gas, kerosene should be heavily regulated by any serious government ensuring strict health and safety regulations are in place before granting anyone a licence, unfortunately this is Nigeria we are talking about were corruption and extreme callousness na the order of the day embarassed

I have seen some of this so called gas plants, most times you barely see a fire extinguisher or any fire fighting equipment in site.
For real Brose, they just do the business like dey sell groundnuts, those business are heavily regulated
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by mikolo80: 4:07am On Dec 27, 2015
Ijaya123:
Who shot the video?

Is it shooting the video that should be paramount on that person's mind or rendering help to the victim?

In a way, I think mobile phone has taking away the sensibilities in some people. They are now dummies.
if you don't see the video how will you take fire safety serious as a manager. camera work is a dirty job but somebody has to do it
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by dancewithpeter1: 4:35am On Dec 27, 2015
kjkkkk
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by Ijaya123: 8:34am On Dec 27, 2015
mikolo80:
if you don't see the video how will you take fire safety serious as a manager. camera work is a dirty job but somebody has to do it

So it is this video that will now make people take fire safety serious? As in you're claiming shoothing video is more important than rescuing victims? This is really appalling.
Re: Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) by dancewithpeter1: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
omg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. / Sanwo-Olu Empty Vault Spotted At Ikoyi Cemetery (Pictures) / Massive Python Swallows A 70-Year-Old Man In Dalaba, Guinea (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.