Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway (64872 Views)

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion / 12 Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do And Consider Normal / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Elxandre(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
WebSurfer:
before i reply you again, answer me.

Are you saying Jesus Wore hair ? Meaning not right or a sin?

Nobody knows if he wore long hair or not!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by damesilver(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Thou shall not call the name of your Lord God in vain. But we still say Oh my God!!! sad

This is perhaps the most transgressed of all the commandments and no less punishable like the others.
I am most touched by the excerpt in the link below: " Reflect that if you faithfully fulfill nine of the commandments and disregard one of them, you will still be lost in the end."

http://the10com.org/commandments/2nd

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by danidee10(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Elxandre:

Look at the 1st definition in your screenshot.

Using your Jesus Christ example.
When he grew the hair, he had it as his hairstyle, which means he "WORE" it!

I don't get how Christians try to interprete the bible sometimes.
I mean people just create confusion unnecessarily.

na y im username na Websurfer na...na only web e sabi cheesy
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by danidee10(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
jude33084:

What about tithe sir?

checkout my other reply on the thread
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Babaji111(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
Old testament laws are mostly found in the Holy Quran. They are laws originally sent by the Al Mighty God to mankind. Follow the laws you are safe, ignore them you perish. God have mercy.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by harristo(m): 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
Joshuabase:

but he still went to heaven?

i've been looking for a meme on my pc that is perfect for this moment- it goes like this

(jesus to little girl):Let's go see the man that broke in your house, killed your parents raped and killed you in your sleep. He lives in a mansion right around the corner.

As I said earlier, that man will have already suffered in life as a result his actions. It is the law of life that God established - no matter what occurs you can never get away with an evil act.
Also, the little girl to have made heaven aswell, will be merciful just like her heavenly father is merciful smiley since she has the spirit of God in her.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
harristo:

As I said earlier, that man will have already suffered in life as a result his actions. It is the law of life that God established - no matter what occurs you can never get away with an evil act.
Also, the little girl to have made heaven aswell, will be merciful just like her heavenly father is merciful smiley since she has the spirit of God in her.

you've been severly brainwashed if you're okay with that scenerio.
don't reply this.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Juliuxxxxx: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
5) Trimming your beard:
leviticus 19:27 "Neither shalt though Mar the corners of thy beard"
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by chalerea(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
2) Braiding your hair:

1Timothy 2:9
"likewise, I want women to adore themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments. "

You seems not to understand the contexts of this statement. The writer was simply saying that as a Christian woman your beauty should come from the inside and not the outside. And in all things be moderate. For you to understand it, you have to read the whole chapter. That is how to study the bible.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Isaac060(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
Number 2,3 and 5 were given wrong interpretations. Get life from the scriptures before sharing anything.
Thank you pastor.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by harristo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
Joshuabase:

you've been severly brainwashed if you're okay with that scenerio.
don't reply this.

It is normal for some people looking at the life of true christians from outside to think of them as brainwashed, I know this because I too was once like that smiley
I just pray that the lord God will open the eyes of your spirit, so that you too can understand heavenly teachings that are not of this world. smiley
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by WebSurfer(m): 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
Elxandre:

Nobody knows if he wore long hair or not!
and you think you have a right to judge someone if the bible didnt specify if he wore long or not ? Well, i have dreadlocks on amd i do not see it as a sin .. As long as i cant say i wore it, either am attachment or whatsoever..

Samson in the bible had a secret in growing hair which came as a blessing until he was deceived by Delilah
The bible never said or prescribed it was wrong or shameful for him.

Also being a fact that i'm black, of which my hair can never be straight, i have to maintain it the way it suits me.
Afterall, you hsve seem people born with dada and its never thier fault. Rather you can go ask God why they came to life that way. Thank you
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by harristo(m): 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
damesilver:

This is perhaps the most transgressed of all the commandments and no less punishable like the others.
I am most touched by the excerpt in the link below: " Reflect that if you faithfully fulfill nine of the commandments and disregard one of them, you will still be lost in the end."

It is up to you as a christian whether you are bound by the law or you enjoy the freedom that Jesus christ brought to us.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by skondo09(m): 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
2) Braiding your hair:

"likewise, I want women to adore themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments. "

I don't agree with this point, check other versions for comparism especially Amplified version
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Callmemike(m): 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
2) Braiding your hair:

If you just lifted that part alone, it also means that putting on gold, pearls or any costly garment is wrong too. Huh?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Elxandre(m): 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
WebSurfer:
and you think you have a right to judge someone if the bible didnt specify if he wore long or not ? Well, i have dreadlocks on amd i do not see it as a sin .. As long as i cant say i wore it, either am attachment or whatsoever..

Samson in the bible had a secret in growing hair which came as a blessing until he was deceived by Delilah
The bible never said or prescribed it was wrong or shameful for him.

Also being a fact that i'm black, of which my hair can never be straight, i have to maintain it the way it suits me.
Afterall, you hsve seem people born with dada and its never thier fault. Rather you can go ask God why they came to life that way. Thank you
I don't care if you are bald.

The simple truth is you wear that dreadlocks!
It's simple English.

I'm not looking at it from a religious angle now, I'm only trying to explain what you can already find in your dictionary for you.

Guilty conscience dey make you define English words in another way entirely grin

The truth is that many of Paul postulations has been cast aside!
Women speaking out in the church etc.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Feranmicharles(m): 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
damesilver:

oh boi,make God shall save us grin
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by frank317: 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ewizard:
No.1 Guilty as charged! undecided

Man gats observe, imaginate, compare and contrast ni..

Lord! Amma sinner who's probably gonna sin again,plz 4giv me.

This is Christianity for u. Sin, sin and sin its okay just as long as you believe in Jesus and ask the air (sorry, God) for forgiveness.

Ride on in evil bro... Its not your fault, its religion.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Elxandre(m): 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
danidee10:

na y im username na Websurfer na...na only web e sabi cheesy
Professional websurfer grin
He don surf web tire cheesy
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by NiceJenny(f): 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
May God help us all
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by frank317: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
danidee10:

No he did not condemn it....but have u forgotten that the old testament was given to the Israelite's not christians...christianity didn't exist then, so what it means by jesus christ fulfilling the law is that he came as an israelite and obeyed the law and now we are bound by the laws he left behind for us which is to love God with all your heart and mind and love your neighbour as you love yourself, this dosen't mean the old testament is irrelevant it can also serve as a guide....but we're not bound by it, if not all will God reject the souls of female evangelists that preached (talked) in church

Do u pay ur tithe? Is not paying tithe a sin?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
we av al sinned and fallen short of d glory of God
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by oz4real83(m): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
Everything u listed was for those under the law.NOBODY could survive under the law. That was why Jesus christ came. U don't need to obey every law to be saved. All u need to do is to believe that Jesus is the son of God,he died and rose on the third day,accept him as your saviour and u will be SAVED. U don't need to follow any law!!! Many People will go to hell not because they didn't obey the laws but because they didn't do the needful which is accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Koolking(m): 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
5) Trimming your beard:

leviticus 19:27
"Neither shalt though Mar the corners of thy beard"

Mehn, I have never come across or heard of this very law. If it's still tenable, I have broken it with deep regret. My sideburns are well carved out
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by leofab(f): 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
3) Women speaking in church :

1corinthians 14:34
"let your woman keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law".
Paul the liar!!!!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by lawrenceunaa: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
SirWere:
And when people call the bible outdated, people will start shouting "son of the devil".
don't speak with prejudice. Even in science some laws are outdated and others do not practically hold. Those laws listed in the above portion if the bible didn't keep with time. Rem the law if indivisibility of atoms ? It no longer holds .
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by leofab(f): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
oz4real83:
Everything u listed was for those under the law.NOBODY could survive under the law. That was why Jesus christ came. U don't need to obey every law to be saved. All u need to do is to believe that Jesus is the son of God,he died and rose on the third day,accept him as your saviour and u will be SAVED. U don't need to follow any law!!! Many People will go to hell not because they didn't obey the laws but because they didn't do the needful which is accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
are you not ashamed of yourself? Who made the laws in he first place? I know you won't hesitate to call them the laws of Moses !!! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Koolking(m): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
Op, you missed a very obvious practice.

cool Tithing: Annuled/Cancelled when the Levitical Priesthood was Annuled, and the Priesthood of Jesus was installed to save mankind
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by God2man(m): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
6) Gossiping about your colleagues:

leviticus 19:16
"Though shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among the people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbor, I am the Lord"
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by leofab(f): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
jrerico1:
2) Braiding your hair:

Timothy wants women not God... Be guided!!!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by dubemivan(m): 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
boman2014:
then no body go reach heaven na
IGNORANCE!!! You just celebrated Christmas but you never understood the essence... Christ came to offer salvation to ALL, your ticket to Heaven is already purchased IF you see it as impossible then your CHOICE is clear.
Its all about CHOICE!!!
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by danidee10(m): 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
frank317:

Do u pay ur tithe? Is not paying tithe a sin?

No it's not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video) / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.