Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World (22144 Views)

Bank Of America Is Slashing Up To 8,400 Jobs / Fear Of Job Losses As FX Scarcity Persists, Oil Prices Crash Further / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2016
teemy:
ohayou pipsharingan-sensei. I read your topic top to bottom and cannot but say omoshoroi (i am not so easily impressed) for your comical yet logical presentation of your pipsology. Wishing you more genjutsu on the markets. Cheers

Arigato (oshheeeeee) sensei teeny,

Thanks for appreciating, not to worry boss, will continue to do u proud by cutting down more pips

Happy slashing

1 Like

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2016
Good Morning family,

Its a beautiful Monday morning, its like she (the Harmattan) forgot someting and came back to pick it up(lol). The cool weather since yesterday has been soothing. Anyways, we are back on our path to the big city (End of The Month), we need supplies in order to continue our journey into another city (February).

We have just this week toprove ourselves worthy to be called a true shinobi, sniper, fighter, etc. I was actually thinking of not fighting (trading) this week, I think I need some rest in order to recuperate from my injuries this journey has inflicted on me thus far, BUT, but, but, some promoter is promising me some handsome reward to take down a fugitive turned fighter. CAN I WITH MY PRESENT STATE?..........

AUD/JPY is the fugitive, risking 0.5% of my account and hoping my state would not affect my battles, oh, before I start the fight, a lil picture of my path to the big city.

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:17am On Jan 25, 2016
Hmmmm..... My bad,

During the fight, while taking a strike, my sword broke, I managed to hit the enemy slightly but the fight was called off.That truth is: I was battling with my network as my screen froze, while clicking on my mouse vigorously, an order appeared, which was for me executing my trade and I pressed ok in the whole frenzy of trying to ensure I get my screen chat working ...

I refuse to enter again, I really am so pissed, this would have been the trade, I am not re-entering, as my win lose ratio has been upset, I choose to move on and get a fine sword made for me in this lil village I fought in.

I made 0.3% profit and roughly 26 pips

Happy Slashing pips

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2016
Hmmmmmm....

Got me a fine sword, too fine for me to afford it, the sword maker told me I can keep it if I could slay some bad dude that has been a terror to his family, when I asked: WHO THAT?, he called out the name of the family I dread the most every Thurdays (THE EU FAMILY).

Carefully looking at this fight, its not on a thursday, and this would most likely be a long fight (daily chart). I am going for it, this sword I have been given holds a lot of promises.

Mind you, I am risking about 0.8% of my account (risking the 0.3 I made in the first duel and additional 0.5 from last week's profit).

Lets go

Happy Slashing

1 Like

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Good Morning Dudes and Dudetts,

How is the pip slashing this final week of the month coming up?... For me, its a lil bit of a roller coaster, Still slogging it out with the mean EUR/CAD, he is not planning to give in that easy, moreso, a friend of his that is well known for his crazy fist has joined the fight, the stack are high and the villagers are betting on this fight like crazy.

I have a strong feeling that if I win this fight, this village will not forget me in a hurry. Lest I forget the name of the guy that joined the fight is USD/CAD AKA The drunken fist (lol)...pray for me guys, I need this money/sword

Happy Slashing

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by prettyboey(m): 11:15am On Jan 26, 2016
Lol, i took the same the same trade bro....

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:37am On Jan 26, 2016
prettyboey:
Lol, i took the same the same trade bro....

Nice Nice Nice,

You are already learning how to use your sixth sense, I am impressed at this, and nice stop loss too..

I can see your days as a pro sniper is close cool

Happy Slashing
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by prettyboey(m): 2:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
PIPsharingan:

Nice Nice Nice,

You are already learning how to use your sixth sense, I am impressed at this, and nice stop loss too..

I can see your days as a pro sniper is close cool

Happy Slashing
Thanks bro for the encouragement, i just dey follow your steps naa...
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

One straight strike and the drunken fist collapsed (imagine him fighting me wif his bare hands...hmmm), I drained abt 96 pips off him and added 1% to my account... The entire village went silent, I guess the DRUNKEN FIST dude had quite a rep here. So now I can focus on the EUR/CAD dude.

So currently I have about 122 pips under my belt so far this week and 1.3% profit...hehehehehe...Before I go back into my fight, here is a pic of how the drunken fist was taken down.

Happy Slashing folks

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 10:59am On Jan 28, 2016
Good Morning Family,

Another friend (AUD/JPY) to the rescue, I am not getting it easy with my first fight that is till on going since on Monday wif (EUR/AUD), infact I never believed he had so much skills, now another friend of him is jumping in. Well, lets see how it all pans out, I pray these fights dont get into my Faffing day (Friday).

Risking less than 1% with a profit close to 2%

Lets go.

Happy Slashing peeps

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
Omaggooooooor!!!,

Thats it, I have been brutally injured, attempts to beat EUR/AUD has proved futile(since on Monday) and an attempt to counterbalance the fight with AUD/JPY didnt go well either. I have called it quits, returning the sword to the blacksmith since I didnt win the fight with EUR/AUD, heading to the hospital to be patched up and will be on my way to the next village to get supplies before I continue my trip into February

So for the week I lost 142 pips from EUR/AUD, lost 0.6% of my account, on the AUD/JPY i gained just 3 pips, I decide to call this trade a breakeven trade...so lets see if we made gains or not. Our pip loss was: -22 pips and 0.7% gains to my account

A run down of what happened this week:

TRADES : 4
BREAKEVEN :1
GOOD TRADES : 2
BAD TRADES : 1
PIP LOSS : 17
% GAINS : 0.8
%ACCURACY : 50%

Hmm, quite a dismal performance if you ask me, especially when compared to previous weeks. My % gains has dropped to all time low (0.cool, but in all I still say: "Thank God", it could have been worse. Tommorrow is my faffing day, however I will make a review of my trade for the month of January and see if I am been profitable and what I really have to work on.

Till tomorrow, Happy Slashing comrades.
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
ohh...forgot to add my charts

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2016
Good Morning beautiful people,

It has been a crazy and challenging month as always, I have been slashed, knocked down, and even escaped a near death situation in the world of forex. In all, we are still standing and on a path to recovery, I have graciously arrived my destination looking at all my fights during the month of January.

The sumary of what went down this month:

1st week

GOOD TRADES : 4
PIP GAINS : 209
% GAINS : 2
%ACCURACY : 80

2nd week

TRADES : 3
PIP LOSS : - 14.8
% GAINS :1.6
%ACCURACY : 67%

3rd week

TRADES : 6
GOOD TRADES : 3
BAD TRADES : 2
PIP GAINS : 17
% GAINS : 1

4th week

TRADES : 4
PIP LOSS : 17
% GAINS : 0.8

MONTHLY TRADES TAKEN:18
MONTHLY GOOD TRADES:11
MONTHLY BAD TRADES:7
MONTHLY PIP GAINS:194
MONTHLY % GAINS: 5.3%
MONTHLY % ACCURACY:64%

Hmmmm, a good result, but it could get better over time. My best week was my first, I made 2% into my account, after that it was a steady decline which I attribute to taking fight without using my 6th sense. My feud with the EUR family cost me close to 4% wastage. Fighting for ego could be lethal, your senses are impaired and you start picking fights that are not worth it.

I will try and improve on that aspect and most importantly picking trades with my 6th sense. My strong points in all of this I think is maximizing a good money management skill and not been to greedy.

I drop my feather pen as I sip my saki in thi sbeautiful village, I need rest as I embark on my trip to the next big settlement. Hope you like the view of the place I am in...Feel free, I am open to criticism, its all part of been a solid slasher of pips

Till next month,

Happy Slashing Family

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by prettyboey(m): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2016
Nice nice nice nice......But for mee this week has been really bad for me, I underestimate most of my opponents, i believed mostly in my rifle without thinking of the kind of weapon they were going to use against me. Also i was trying to prove that i got the power so i was engaging in dual opponents. Earlier on i entered into a fight with some twins. EURUSD and EURJPY, not knowing the latter had a bomb vest on, few hours into the fight it went off. You can imagine what happened next. I was injured severely but i think got some extra energy to fight his twin brother (EURUSD) let's see how far this fight gonna go...

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2016
prettyboey:
Nice nice nice nice......But for mee this week has been really bad for me, I underestimate most of my opponents, i believed mostly in my rifle without thinking of the kind of weapon they were going to use against me. Also i was trying to prove that i got the power so i was engaging in dual opponents. Earlier on i entered into a fight with some twins. EURUSD and EURJPY, not knowing the latter had a bomb vest on, few hours into the fight it went off. You can imagine what happened next. I was injured severely but i think got some extra energy to fight his twin brother (EURUSD) let's see how far this fight gonna go...

Hmmmm....Very sorry P.B, I hope the bad week doesnt affect your overall performance this month. I always advice traders, when you have a bad day which you cannot explain, off your system or put your snipper rifle down and walk away. Trading is one career that has a lot to do a lot with the mind.

I always do something which some traders may call crazy when I am trading, and that is: Some mornings after my morning rituals (exercise and meditation), I open my laptop and check out the charts, I try to feel my flow as I analyse, I try to sense if I am in the right frame of mind, what I mean by "The right frame of mind" is: There are some days you just dont feel like trading, probably because the previous day you made some losses or your girlfriend told you she was pregnant or your wife ran away with some other man (lol...dont mind me, I am using extreme cases to drive the point home). I call that ACCESSING THE 6th SENSE. Once I notice that I am not feeling my 6th sense, I shealth my sword (off my laptop) and go to do other stuffs that make me happy. I always say a great samurai (Trader) is not judged by how many fights he engages in but the QUALITY of fights he gives whenever he is engaged. I would be happy to take just 5 trades that are positive in a month than having 70 trades with a 50% win ratio.

Not to worry P.B, I know better days are up ahead, please dont forget to break down your trades and inbox me through my mail if you are free. Let us work on you accuracy and perhaps your 6th SENSE.

Happy Slashing P.B
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by Bevista: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2016
PIPsharingan:
Good Morning beautiful people,

It has been a crazy and challenging month as always, I have been slashed, knocked down, and even escaped a near death situation in the world of forex. In all, we are still standing and on a path to recovery, I have graciously arrived my destination looking at all my fights during the month of January.

The sumary of what went down this month:

MONTHLY TRADES TAKEN:18
MONTHLY GOOD TRADES:11
MONTHLY BAD TRADES:7
MONTHLY PIP GAINS:194
MONTHLY % GAINS: 5.3%
MONTHLY % ACCURACY:64%

Till next month,

Happy Slashing Family
Excellent result, if you ask me. I am most impressed with your discipline and documented review.

I have been following your trades for the entire month, and I think you had a maximum of 2 consecutive loosing trades which translates to a drawdown of around 2% for the month. That is even more phenomenal.

If you can keep that up CONSISTENTLY, great things await you!

Best Slashing days ahead pal.
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
Excellent result, if you ask me. I am most impressed with your discipline and documented review.

I have been following your trades for the entire month, and I think you had a maximum of 2 consecutive loosing trades which translates to a drawdown of around 2% for the month. That is even more phenomenal.

If you can keep that up CONSISTENTLY, great things await you!

Best Slashing days ahead pal.

HAHAHAHAHA, thanks Bevista,

Thank you for your positive review, that would do alot in my healing and preparation for next month's journey. I will continue to strive for perfection as the year progresses and AMEN to "GREAT things awaiting me".

Happy Slashing
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by prettyboey(m): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2016
PIPsharingan:

Hmmmm....Very sorry P.B, I hope the bad week doesnt affect your overall performance this month. I always advice traders, when you have a bad day which you cannot explain, off your system or put your snipper rifle down and walk away. Trading is one career that has a lot to do a lot with the mind.

I always do something which some traders may call crazy when I am trading, and that is: Some mornings after my morning rituals (exercise and meditation), I open my laptop and check out the charts, I try to feel my flow as I analyse, I try to sense if I am in the right frame of mind, what I mean by "The right frame of mind" is: There are some days you just dont feel like trading, probably because the previous day you made some losses or your girlfriend told you she was pregnant or your wife ran away with some other man (lol...dont mind me, I am using extreme cases to drive the point home). I call that ACCESSING THE 6th SENSE. Once I notice that I am not feeling my 6th sense, I shealth my sword (off my laptop) and go to do other stuffs that make me happy. I always say a great samurai (Trader) is not judged by how many fights he engages in but the QUALITY of fights he gives whenever he is engaged. I would be happy to take just 5 trades that are positive in a month than having 70 trades with a 50% win ratio.

Not to worry P.B, I know better days are up ahead, please dont forget to break down your trades and inbox me through my mail if you are free. Let us work on you accuracy and perhaps your 6th SENSE.

Happy Slashing P.B
Thank you "Sifu", I always get relieved after your advice. i will send the breakdown right away.
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:30am On Feb 01, 2016
Good Morning Great people of Nairaland,

Hope you all had a blissful weekend?, well I tried to, I was healing from all the stabs and slashes I suffered from, on my journey down here.. I had to consult a sorcerer to completely patch me up, I also had to get supplies for my journey into February. Amongst my supplies, my katana was something I really cherish.

It a very unique month and I know its going to be special, you asking why?, lol, well in this year I observed that we only have two months that start on the first working day of the week, is this an omen?, is this a sign?....maybe. Before I begin my analysis, fights, hustle, I wish you all a fruitful month ahead, and may your sixth sense, hunch, etc be your strong guide this new month.

Alright, I am looking at a new sparring partner to open this new month with. I am looking at AUD/JPY, this pair has hit a strong resisitance 6 times and made no head way, I will capitalise on that and see how it goes. I am risking about 1.2% of my account and expecting about 2-2.3%.

Lets gooooooo!

Happy Slashing Folks

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
Good Evening Folks,

An amazing sparring partner (trade), I have been on this fight (setup) all morning and nobody has been able to land a single punch on each other, this dude (AUD/JPY) is really living up to his name, the settlers here say he was once one of the finest swords man in the whole province, he was unbeatable. He now makes money from his dojo training new intakes

For a 53 years old dude, he packs quite a punch. While sparring I notice an ascending trend on this pair, I will also be careful of that too, just incase this old man has plans for a sucker punch. Lets see how it goes, I will be leaving this trade all through the night, I hope I get some lil profits of this old man, i would need some of his experience as I progress through this month.

Will keep you posted on my analysis as we progress

Happy Slashing

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by prettyboey(m): 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
I have also been on this pair AUDNZD since morning...will also leave it overnight and see whether my TP will hit.

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
prettyboey:
I have also been on this pair AUDNZD since morning...will also leave it overnight and see whether my TP will hit.

Nice P. B,

I guess we are on the same boat, I am currently receiving some serious punches fm the old dude(lol)... Lemme go to bed, while the trade do its thing..

Good night P. B, Good night peeps,

Happy Slashing
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by prettyboey(m): 1:16am On Feb 02, 2016
Goood yt bro
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2016
Good Morning Peeps,

Yes yes yes, my sparring wif the ex pro swords man is yielding dividends, 24 hrs after we started and he is getting exhausted, my youthfulness is paying off.

However I have placed a trailing stop loss, I wont be taking much profit but my reason for the stop loss is because the currency AUD/NZD, is closely related to the AUD/JPY we are on, and AUD/NZD gives a perfect setup for a bullish comeback, this may also affect the one we are on. Soooooooo.....I have have taken tiny profits off mine and waiting to see how it goes

Master P.B, you have to decide if you still gonna ride wif your pair or let it go

Happy Slashing Peeps

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 9:17am On Feb 02, 2016
WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

Just before I commented here , my stop trailing stop loss got hit, 0.3% increase to my account and 23pips gain....So I am ready to start my trip through the dangerous forest of February..

Happy Slashing peeps

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2016
Hello,

Getting a lil fight with AUD/NZD, risking and profit is extremely low, all less than 1%...I am taking this corner fight to warm my hands, hopefully I get a big fight sooner than later

Happy Slashing
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Good Afternoon Family,

Another fight on the way, NZD/JPY has joined the fight, two live fights, and people are betting on us, I live to bask in such challenges, anyways I am risking about 0.8% and expecting 1.2%, lets see how it goes.

Hiyaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 10:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Good Evening Slashers,

I have finally resolved to cancel all my fights, I just noticed I was not fighting (trading) well, so I am stepping back, taking my loss and will re-analyse the market again tomorrow, my first trade went so well but I didn't maximise it, I scrapped a meagre 0.3% and ran off (I should have stayed longer with the old swords man to learn more skills), I guess that is the bane of youthful exuberance.

Summary of what went down today, was...on the fight with NZD/JPY, I missed 36 pips and I also missed 20 pips from AUD/NZD, so collectively I was hit -56 pips and -0.8% of my account. Collectively, this week so far, I have lost 33 pips and 0.5%

Yes, its bed time for me, analysis and slashing should continue tomorrow

Happy Slashing

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 9:01am On Feb 03, 2016
Good Morning Great Slashers,

Its a beautiful mid week morning, and I have decided to seek another fight with EUR/USD, yes yes yes yes, a foe I have dreaded for long. The father of the EU family. I have long awaited this fight and my victory today may make my name travel far in the land

Sooooo........here we go.

Happy Slashing

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmmmmm,

One of the Son's saw me fighting wif poppa and he jumped in, hmmmm, in as much as I hate involving kids in my fight buhhhh, bring it on sonny. I am risking a meagre 0.5% here, bringing my total exposure on the two fights to 1.5%, I am expecting about 2.3 - 2.5% on both fights

Soooo, lets go...hiaaaaaaaa!!!

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Whoooosaaaaa!!!,

I clean swipe and I can only see people above me, checking how badly I have been slashed, Jeeeeeeez, I have lossed the fight with EUR/USD with 44 pips and another 1% hit to my account, In summary I am down by -77 pips and -1.5% loss to my account.

This is my third consecutive loss (a losing streak),this is the hardest part been a slasher of pips. When the losses come, which does it hit hardest the most?: Your account or Your moral?.

It all comes with the occupation still in battle with lil sonny (EUR/CAD), lets see how it goes.

Lets go!!!!!!

Happy Slashing folks

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Its all over,

My trailing stop loss was hit, and the lil boy (EUR/CAD) smiles as he walks away, barely hurt. A breakeven trade it is: 5pips gain which barely translates to anything in % gain...

Summary is: -72 Pips
-1.5% Loss
5 Trades
1 win
3 Losses
1 breakeven

Happy Slashing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! / Corper Or Corp Member Which Is Right? / By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.