Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,285 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 (697 Views)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / 19 Oct Karva Chauth Full Moon Timing, Moon Rising Time, Moon Sight Samay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by CPriest: 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Rare Full Moon on Christmas Day

Not since 1977 has a full moon dawned in the skies on Christmas. But this year, a bright full moon will be an added gift for the holidays.

December’s full moon, the last of the year, is called the Full Cold Moon because it occurs during the beginning of winter. The moon’s peak this year will occur at 6:11 a.m. EST.

How the moon will appear on Christmas, 2015.

This rare event won’t happen again until 2034. That’s a long time to wait, so make sure to look up to the skies on Christmas Day.

As you gaze up at the Christmas moon, take note that NASA has a spacecraft currently orbiting Earth’s moon. NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) mission has been investigating the lunar surface since 2009.

“As we look at the moon on such an occasion, it's worth remembering that the moon is more than just a celestial neighbor,” said John Keller, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. “The geologic history of the moon and Earth are intimately tied together such that the Earth would be a dramatically different planet without the moon.”

LRO has collected a treasure trove of data with its seven powerful instruments, making an invaluable contribution to our knowledge about the moon.

LRO is managed by NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, for the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/rare-full-moon-on-christmas-day
Re: Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by Ishopbest: 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is really interesting to know.

#countdown to Christmas moon grin
Re: Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by CPriest: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ishopbest:
This is really interesting to know.

#countdown to Christmas moon grin

I noticed the moon yesterday evening about 6pm when I was outside. I was wondering the sudden appearance of a moon at that time. Just read this now and I understood why that happened.
Re: Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by vooks: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
Not the best of shots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by MrPresident1: 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
OP CPriest, this is a very interesting observation from you, I also have been watching the moon to see if it would peak on Christmas day, I did not know it would peak today but I have been watching it too.

This moon that heralds the coming of winter is called the Rare Full Cold Moon. I believe this moon peaking at Christmas does have spiritual significance going by the fact that it has 'coincided' with many other rare and interesting celestial events this year including the blood moon tetrad, and lunar and solar eclipses. These celestial events go very well with what the book of Luke tell us:

Luke 21:25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

The signs from the sun this year includes at least a solar eclipse and many Corona Mass Ejections.
From the moon there has been the completion of the Blood Moon Tetrad, lunar eclipses, and Supermoons.

On the earth, there is presently a distress of nations, Nigeria as an example is passing through some economic challenges which is projected to worsen in 2016 (Christ tarrying). Oil prices are falling and more nations are pumping more oil into the market, India our major partner has just signed up with Russia to buy more of Russia's oil. The nations of the earth are becoming increasingly economically distressed.

In conclusion, it is my considered opinion that, now, presents the very best time for the fulfillment of Bible prophecies, YAH of course is far wiser and His ways are different from ours.

Hebrew 10:37
For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Re: Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by CPriest: 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:
Not the best of shots

This is nice, really.
Re: Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by CPriest: 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
MrPresident1:
OP CPriest, this is a very interesting observation from you, I also have been watching the moon to see if it would peak on Christmas day, I did not know it would peak today but I have been watching it too.

This moon that heralds the coming of winter is called the Rare Full Cold Moon. I believe this moon peaking at Christmas does have spiritual significance going by the fact that it has 'coincided' with many other rare and interesting celestial events this year including the blood moon tetrad, and lunar and solar eclipses. These celestial events go very well with what the book of Luke tell us:

Luke 21:25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

The signs from the sun this year includes at least a solar eclipse and many Corona Mass Ejections.
From the moon there has been the completion of the Blood Moon Tetrad, lunar eclipses, and Supermoons.

On the earth, there is presently a distress of nations, Nigeria as an example is passing through some economic challenges which is projected to worsen in 2016 (Christ tarrying). Oil prices are falling and more nations are pumping more oil into the market, India our major partner has just signed up with Russia to buy more of Russia's oil. The nations of the earth are becoming increasingly economically distressed.

In conclusion, it is my considered opinion that, now, presents the very best time for the fulfillment of Bible prophecies, YAH of course is far wiser and His ways are different from ours.

Hebrew 10:37
For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

True
Re: Christmas Full Moon - Last Seen 1977; To Be Seen Today, And Not Again Till 2034 by vooks: 5:47am On Dec 26, 2015
MrPresident1:

The bloody idiot is drunk with hindsight cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady- Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / When An Agnostic/atheist Has Sex In The Dream / The Truth About Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.