Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:06 PM

Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. (26320 Views)

I'm About To Be Scammed? / Hey Guys Check Out This Amazing Job I'm About To Drop Mine For It..... / I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by emmygzy(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2015
Come and work in my company
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by youngguru23(m): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2015
*mouth sealed... Country economic is not so good for someone to become liability for other people... That's why m nt going for holiday this days

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by oluamid(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2015
Well, my best advice for you is to quickly package your cv in line with the teaching profession. Immediately schools resume after the festive period, submit your cvs to 5 schools in your area and you'll definitely get employed in one.

Hint: Go online and search for templates of great teaching cvs. Package your cv well to make a good first impression and to set you apart from the average person looking for a teaching job. Back it up with a good cover letter highlighting specific skills you possess that any school will want. They won't be expecting a cover letter so you already have an advantage.

This has worked every time I'm looking for temporary employment.

Wish you well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by donestk(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2015
Yea it's possible

muaa:
Can a third class graduate apply for teaching job?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by steveben7(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2015
Yea u can start wit a teaching job dat one is easy to come by since u ar a gradute, I deal wit skuls can help u wit dat in jan wen dey resume wish u d best

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
I came to Lagos in August in search of job, after I concluded One year nysc programme.
I left my mom and my kid brother to relief my mom expenses on taking care of us with my aunt( mom elder sis) and granny(mom's mother).
My mom is a single mother( lost husband at early stage of marriage like 5years after) and also an average civil servant, who has been taking care of every one and our needs.
I left them to Lagos to hustle and also support them.
Since I came to Lagos in August, I have been searching for job and spending my little service on transport, paper work(photocopy and writing/ rewriting of CVs) and feeding most times.
Here in Lagos, I live with A cousin brother(from mom side) who i respect alot and love most among my other cousins.
He accommodates me and sometimes drops #500 for cooking when need to , i have to manage it ( everything is expensive but I have to squeeze) and cook two days meal for both of us.
Since this month, he has been get upset over anything and i sense he not happy of my joblessness and he's fed up of my staying at home sometimes ( I stays back cos of no transport fare to go out and I was told to check back some places I tried by January).
My hope is in January and I believe I must get job by January with the faith I have.
My cousin brother came back yesterday 24 Dec and told me, he's travelling to villa that when he's back, I will tell him why i came Lagos. Before leaving he drops #500 for Christmas cooking.
I have endure enough staying with him by eating like a beggar because in my house we eat 3square meals everyday. Food is not our problem,Christmas day mom will prepare a big chicken, salad and drinks for us. I'm saying here is that am not after food but what he told me. Now I sense that he doesn't what me to stay in his place again. As it stands, I don't have anywhere to go and I really want to work in Lagos, am not lazy and I dislike staying at home. That's why I went for aviation course ( Ticket booking ), So I can get job since my grade is poor ( my bad mistake)but I believe my destiny is not tie to it.
I don't know what to do and where to go.
I have been crying all day.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR NICE ADVICE
Pardon my errors.
Thanks
Sorry for the long piece....

Mind you marriage is not my priority but I need to work for myself , I don't love depending on any one
#NoLiability

Which area do you stay in Lagos? Can you do a 15k per job?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Onegai(f): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2015
Firstly, you don't write well, you're not expressing yourself well. So I suspect your CV looks average and you're maybe not presenting properly to potential employers. I'm not trying to be mean but I see a lot of youngsters like you and I tell them the same thing.

https://www.nairaland.com/1899177/why-youre-not-getting-job

Go through that and get ideas on how to improve your CV.

Now, get a job as a salesperson or marketer. And work your butt off. I mean, work with a foreigner's work ethic, don't think like a Nigerian there (complaining, sitting around, bumming off). Work in a way that the manager knows you and relies on you. That job will. give you some cash and some experience and someone to vouch for you when you are going to another job.

Tell your mum what you're going through. Get her to send you just a little so you're not dependent on your cousin for now.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Dbaroness(f): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2015
tellwisdom:
I can offer you a place to stay, if only you are not a witch..I hate witch well well. sad

Lwkmd, Who likes witches kwanu?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by therapistmrs: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2015
you need to start small by taking any small job that comes your way, you never know what could come your way along the line and continue to advance youself also.remember that how you are treated by others can't be compared to how your mum treats you, appreciate your cousin's little help.learn from your experience.

therapistmrs..com
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by cruz419(m): 10:49am On Dec 26, 2015
I wish I had a job to offer u,,I understand d sacrifice u made by coming down to Lagos!!! but wat i know is just lyk u said jenuary ,,,I belivee and I know u will get a job!! wish u all d best in ur quest!! pls don't give up!!!!!?as for ur cousin well e has tried but I Expect him to be more understanding no body loves to be burden on orders it just dat all hand are no t equal!! urge u to be patient and endure!!!
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Prinzofparis: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2015
zikkyozabor:

Please I am interested in the job,and I am in delta,how do I reach you?
16k?..really?

hmmm....i wish things get better in this country quickly...

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by PapaBrowne(m): 10:51am On Dec 26, 2015
Dear op,
If you state you qualifications and your capacity here, you might just get a good job today. Your post might just earn you a well paying job.
But be ready to work. And work hard. So once again, state your qualifications and capacity. You don't know who is reading.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by MKO4ever(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2015
Do you mind leaving in the church for a while?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 26, 2015
zikkyozabor:

Please I am interested in the job,and I am in delta,how do I reach you?

nawao... hope u aint graduate
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Prinzofparis: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:

A graduate, am through with nysc
Accommodation is the issue here. I don't have any one staying in delta

madam dont go to delta for a 16k cleaners job.. there are good schools where u can teach for like 25 to 30k here in lagos.... look around your area for schools this holiday,...about your CV, i can help you review it to suit teaching jobs.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
I came to Lagos in August in search of job, after I concluded One year nysc programme.
I left my mom and my kid brother to relief my mom expenses on taking care of us with my aunt( mom elder sis) and granny(mom's mother).
My mom is a single mother( lost husband at early stage of marriage like 5years after) and also an average civil servant, who has been taking care of every one and our needs.
Since I came to Lagos in August, I have been searching for job and spending my little service on transport, paper work(photocopy and writing/ rewriting of CVs) and feeding most times.
Here in Lagos, I live with A cousin brother(from mom side) who i respect alot and love most among my other cousins.
He accommodates me and sometimes drops #500 for cooking when need to , i have to manage it ( everything is expensive but I have to squeeze) and cook two days meal for both of us.
Since this month, he has been get upset over anything and i sense he not happy of my joblessness and he's fed up of my staying at home sometimes ( I stays back cos of no transport fare to go out and I was told to check back some places I tried by January).
My hope is in January and I believe I must get job by January with the faith I have.
My cousin brother came back yesterday 24 Dec and told me, he's travelling to villa that when he's back, I will tell him why i came Lagos. Before leaving he drops #500 for Christmas cooking.
I have endure enough staying with him by eating like a beggar because in my house we eat 3square meals everyday. Food is not our problem,Christmas day mom will prepare a big chicken, salad and drinks for us. I'm saying here is that am not after food but what he told me. Now I sense that he doesn't what me to stay in his place again. As it stands, I don't have anywhere to go and I really want to work in Lagos, am not lazy and I dislike staying at home. That's why I went for aviation course ( Ticket booking ), So I can get job since my grade is poor ( my bad mistake)but I believe my destiny is not tie to it.
Pardon my errors.
Thanks

Mind you marriage is not my priority but I need to work for myself , I don't love depending on any one
#NoLiability

Why not go back to village to celebrate Xmas and New year with your family in the East? You can return January with some food stuffs and other assistance from your mom.
Mom is mom, they never slack. She must have food stuffs and little change for you if you decide to come back to Lagos.

My advise:
Lagos or ragos as they call it grin is not for everybody. It will be more convenient to look for civil service job in your state than starving in Lagos.

From what i notice, you just want to live in Lagos cos its center of excellence or no man's land. You can stay in Nigeria and apply for job in America. So you can stay your home and apply for job anywhere in Nigeria.
If they call you for interview, you take night night bus to the city and go back home immediately.

I'M FROM DELTA STATE, WHEN MY FRIEND HAD INTERVIEW FOR A FEDERAL JOB IN ABUJA, HE DON'T HAVE WHERE TO STAY AND DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR HOTEL.
HE TOOK NIGHT BUS TO ABUJA, SHOWERED AT THE BUS STATION BATHROOM AND MOVED STRAIGHT TO THE VENUE.
LAST LAST, HE GOT THE JOB AND TOOK A LOAN TO PAY FOR RENT.

I dont know why people chose to suffer.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by LyfeJennings(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
Pardon my errors.
Thanks

#NoLiability

Send me a pm.
I know a firm recruiting but U have to be willing to prove yourself. I can use my influence. The pay is not much bit U gotta be willing to work hard to get yourself a better position

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by vinceman212: 10:56am On Dec 26, 2015
U are yet to discover ur true sef!
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by MyGeneration(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2015
Nigeria is not easy at all o. Me I also have a problem I am finishing my service next year and my parents want me to relocate abroad do my masters and to stay with my siblings there, but deep in me I dont want to, what I want to do is business.
Should I go abroad finish my master's and start life there?
Or shud I tell them to use that money they want to use to send me abroad to gimme to start my dream business?
Or shud I go abroad finish the masters, hustle out some money then come back to Nigeria and start the business?
Please I need your help to decide...
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by ban1(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2015
Do you have other business in mind as I can afford to assist a willing mind. If you can start small and aim high, I can get you a temporary accommodation in lagos though you have to share a flat. If you have a petty business idea we can start with a little fund but I need some prominent guarantor.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by lolaluv1(f): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2015
Maybe he needs his privacy. Must you work in Lag?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by slap1(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2015
Could you contact me?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by iykebest1(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2015
My chicken jumped outta my veranda yesterday. If u see any straying Chicken, be kind to mention me.

I paid a lot for that god damned chicken

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
Pardon my errors.
Thanks

#NoLiability
In which area do u stay?

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by spiralwedge(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
GO BACK TO YOUR HOMESTEAD. MUST YOU WORK IN LAGOS?

YOU ARE ADDING TO YOUR COUSIN'S MISERY AND HE WILL SOON KICK YOU OUT.

SOME PEOPLE IN YOUR SHOES END UP IN BROTHELS...

that's why I liked how Fashola deported ppl with no business in Lagos back to their homestead. Im sure those guys are grateful for the deportation, because the quality of their lives would be better now.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by skuribeebo: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2015
muaa:
Can a third class graduate apply for teaching job?
you will be tested .If you pass ,you get employed.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by chrisifeanyi: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Can you teach in a private school? Very poor salary. Only 20k but the good thing there is that they aren't strict. You can get permission to attend any interview.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by samuelgambo(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2015
please my advice to you is that,try to be man of yourself and not to depend on someone even your immediate brother and God bless you. 2016 shall be yours IJN.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by iykebest1(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
Pardon my errors.
Thanks

#NoLiability

do u ve a flare for banking? Can u manage contract staff? Do u really want it to be in Lag? If ur answer are yes. Kindly give me a pm.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work / Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.