Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. (26351 Views)

I'm About To Be Scammed? / Hey Guys Check Out This Amazing Job I'm About To Drop Mine For It..... / I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by helphelp: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:

Thanks for the advice.
I'm waiting patiently for January to come, I have made up my mind to go for any job that will take me go out of the house.
I will start somewhere.
#StayBless

You dey shell sha

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by nitrogen(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2015
@bchi, what did you study in school? State it here or pm me. Maybe we can help.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
I came to Lagos in August in search of job, after I concluded One year nysc programme.
I left my mom and my kid brother to relief my mom expenses on taking care of us with my aunt( mom elder sis) and granny(mom's mother).
My mom is a single mother( lost husband at early stage of marriage like 5years after) and also an average civil servant, who has been taking care of every one and our needs.
I left them to Lagos to hustle and also support them.
Since I came to Lagos in August, I have been searching for job and spending my little service on transport, paper work(photocopy and writing/ rewriting of CVs) and feeding most times.
Here in Lagos, I live with A cousin brother(from mom side) who i respect alot and love most among my other cousins.
He accommodates me and sometimes drops #500 for cooking when need to , i have to manage it ( everything is expensive but I have to squeeze) and cook two days meal for both of us.
Since this month, he has been get upset over anything and i sense he not happy of my joblessness and he's fed up of my staying at home sometimes ( I stays back cos of no transport fare to go out and I was told to check back some places I tried by January).
My hope is in January and I believe I must get job by January with the faith I have.
My cousin brother came back yesterday 24 Dec and told me, he's travelling to villa that when he's back, I will tell him why i came Lagos. Before leaving he drops #500 for Christmas cooking.
I have endure enough staying with him by eating like a beggar because in my house we eat 3square meals everyday. Food is not our problem,Christmas day mom will prepare a big chicken, salad and drinks for us. I'm saying here is that am not after food but what he told me. Now I sense that he doesn't what me to stay in his place again. As it stands, I don't have anywhere to go and I really want to work in Lagos, am not lazy and I dislike staying at home. That's why I went for aviation course ( Ticket booking ), So I can get job since my grade is poor ( my bad mistake)but I believe my destiny is not tie to it.
I don't know what to do and where to go.
I have been crying all day.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR NICE ADVICE
Pardon my errors.
Thanks
Sorry for the long piece....

Mind you marriage is not my priority but I need to work for myself , I don't love depending on any one
#NoLiability

this is were your mistake is and you are even going for a bigger on when that January you put your hope, trust, faith disappoint you right in front of your face.

I won't say you should have something doing because everyone will keep telling you to do something when them themselves got something doing through connection and different back doors.

What I will try advice you now it just take a time and think through it and what you are go of and now is the time you need to be really close to your God because I can sense you keep your faith in man and January.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by chi4ik4(m): 11:06am On Dec 26, 2015
korel9:
After reading I'm forced to ask this question

Where do you get money to buy data? undecided

Or is it fromt he said #500?
guy forget about data, this is a serious issue that need mature advice. airtel 300 can serve for full one month.

for OP, just persevere, look for small job like, teaching, sale girl/boy job, marketing & other clerical jobs, start from somewhere & God will see u through.

I'm still in my final year in unijos, I'm d class Rep, I have been teaching for three years now in private school where I teach from jss1-ss3. I also do voluntary job in one of the hospitals here in jos, & I don't have single problem in terms academic. don't underrate any job. God will surely favor.
but never let this lead u to wayward life. be strong.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Prinzofparis: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2015
muaa:
Can a third class graduate apply for teaching job?

why not...u dont need to put your grade on ypur cv...just something like

BSc. Physics
obafemi awolowo university
2008-2012

is just perfect...

a secondary school that wants to pay 25k salary will never go tp your school to do degree verification.... infact an o'level holder can work in private secondary schools with a fake degree and nysc certificate... these schools dont check jack!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by greggng: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2015
zikkyozabor:

Please I am interested in the job,and I am in delta,how do I reach you?

Information is power. I don't advice u to take a 16k job as a graduate. Next year the cbn governor will be giving approval for graduates to get a loan with their certificate as collateral. If I were you I will be researching on a viable business you will invest that loan in and become your own boss. Before they only give such loans to existing small scale business owner but things ve changed now. I am researching for a business to invest in before I will start the process.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by 3mmyz(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2015
i think you should get out of the house and try other menial jobs, cos staying there doing nothing, simply puts you to being lazy.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Mexyz(m): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2015
God don butter op bread today, see job offers left and right... Goodluuck bchi.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by nenergy(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2015
korel9:
After reading I'm forced to ask this question

Where do you get money to buy data? undecided

Or is it fromt he said #500?
Not everyone uses a smart phone. free 10-30mb is still available na grin
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by nenergy(m): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2015
I've been there and over came it. PM me for a FREE CV makeover.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by SpaceWorld2013(m): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2015
I wish I could help you sincerely but people these days are dangerous....I recently opened a viewing center with hope of selling kerosene, printing but your location is important. There's also a place you can manage with a lady like you. That N500 you mentioned touched me a lot. But, I believe if u can teach you'll be happy with yourself.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Liadi2(m): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2015
Good morning, I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering my option was Electronics and Telecommunications. I am seeking for job any organisation , I am very dedicated and hardworking, I can as well teach primary, junior and senior secondary I teach Mathematics and Basic Technology, so also I can teach Further mathematics, Computer and Physics efficiently I am ready to relocate to any part of the country, I have the mindset of investing into agriculture( plantain, piggery, goat) because I have access to farm land but I am financially incapacitated that while am seeking for job, pls help me in all ramifications here is my mail Biodunayodele68@gmail.com I am presently in oyo state but ready to relocate to any part of the State .
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by nenergy(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2015
iykebest1:
do u ve a flare for banking? Can u manage contract staff? Do u really want it to be in Lag? If ur answer are yes. Kindly give me a pm.
Nice!
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by akanbiaa(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2015
pray and trust in God and keep applying and confide in your mother on your challenges and if you still decide to stay in lagos you can start teaching job and if you go back to your mum also make sure you are busy and prayerful, Who knows you might be among the 500,000 teachers buhari has budgeted to be recruited and trained to teach in primary schools or even better job, if you have opportunity to sharpen your skills do please.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by sben2308(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2015
My dear all I will say is tof tym Nevr last but tof pple do .Dont give up and dont blame him also because he also has responsibilities u not even aware of.So bear with him .

Merry xmas

Kindly send me a mail sben2308@gmail.com lets talk abt a small job for u.And indicate so that I will know d msg from u not others ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Odunharry(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2015
muaa:
hmm... you can if you have passion for teaching and you well read on the subject you want to teach

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by amazingspiderma: 11:32am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:

Thanks for the advice.
I'm waiting patiently for January to come, I have made up my mind to go for any job that will take me go out of the house.
I will start somewhere.
#StayBless
Don't wait for January to come,start applying in December.Early bird gives you an edge,especially now that people are focus on Xmas.

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by magicminister: 11:34am On Dec 26, 2015
muaa:

No company would take you with your third class.

Please what did you study?
I made a 2.2. And I workednin a top audit firm that accepts only 2.1. And 1.1

I can put in a good word for you but I need to see your c.v.

What have you been involved in since you graduated.
Why did you make a third class.
And what plans do you have for the future.

If you made a 3.3. Please stop looking for work and start looking for the much needed connection that might take you there.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by OpenHeaven2me(f): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2015
First pray to God and ask him what he has in stock for you.

Second, be grateful that you have someone to put up with in Lagos, do not resent this people you're putting up with, if you want to have a head way in life, ingratitude is a deadly virus.

Thirdly, pick any of the good advice people has given you, but ignore such advice of using your body to make money. That is the Devil

Fourthly, be open minded. Dream Big, Start Small & Eliminate Fear

Fifth, then you're on your way to success

Stay Blessed
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 26, 2015
96.34% of ur present situation understood by me. or let's be truthful 97.01%. But no matter how we understand ur plight or even go further 2 share 'some' of the feelings humans share in times like urs, we still got very little or even nothing to do 2 help in a real life scenario. We're ghosts. U've got very little time -and things- to make things better. Let that which sober within thee daily take charge n lead d way. Give knw tym 2 self pity. Be brutal in actions. Give 2 life more than it demand of u. These things happens once in a while to anybody, in anyway. That's one evidence we av got 2 know we're still alive. Take life by surprise and be the source of inspiration to the next man by ur side . Give life a push and not a pull.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by systemz(m): 11:38am On Dec 26, 2015
Inbox me
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Jckleiin(m): 11:38am On Dec 26, 2015
Dear, you have to use the remaining says in the year and plan strategically for what you really want in 2016. The mistake has been done (your degree) but you dont have to dwell on that. Read widely, build your intellect, accept any little job that is available as too gain experience in other fields and above all do not forget the God factor. I wish u a great and prosperous new year and when the testimonies start rolling in, dont forget to share too.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by otokx(m): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2015
So many excuses from poster, your cousin has really tried, kindly go back to your mother.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by trailblaiza(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2015
All the best in your job search

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 26, 2015
zikkyozabor:

Please I am interested in the job,and I am in delta,how do I reach you?
I have recieved your mail.
Am yet to digest it.
Though, I just have to discuss the tenets of this job to you, so that you don’t get things twisted and end up insulting me tomorrow.

It's all about cleaning. But now it involves the hospital only. Post surgical sanitation involved as well.
There is more likely to be a vacancy regarding the front desk office by next year.
So avail yourself with any computer based training around, so as to equip yourself better prior to the said time.
I will get back to u, shortly.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by fashrola(m): 11:43am On Dec 26, 2015
VampireeM:
Cant you try doing casual jobs like marketing, sales girl or cleaner. My aunt started as a cleaner in a multinational coy and now she is a director... Stop looking down on jobs and start from somewhere while you submit CVs and await them to call you.. You are a female... There are plenty jobs in esp mainland.. you can work in factories too.

Another thing is you need to review your CV and make sure its inline with the job you applying for cause it increases your chance of being invited, register in all these Job alert websites and pray too

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by fashrola(m): 11:43am On Dec 26, 2015
VampireeM:
Cant you try doing casual jobs like marketing, sales girl or cleaner. My aunt started as a cleaner in a multinational coy and now she is a director... Stop looking down on jobs and start from somewhere while you submit CVs and await them to call you.. You are a female... There are plenty jobs in esp mainland.. you can work in factories too.

Another thing is you need to review your CV and make sure its inline with the job you applying for cause it increases your chance of being invited, register in all these Job alert websites and pray too

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2015
Must u use all that u have mention here to get job. This nation needs total cleansing
Booty4me:
do you have big yansh are u attractive . you can use what u have to make it big .. if you know what I mean?
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Richy4(m): 11:45am On Dec 26, 2015
tellwisdom:
I can offer you a place to stay, if only you are not a witch..I hate witch well well. sad

Hhhahahaa This got me cracking....... who do you expect her to answer the witch question cheesy
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by avicky(f): 11:50am On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:

Thanks for the advice.
I will start somewhere.
#StayBless

What of schools? Try school jobs. Maybe as a teaching assistant or House mistress. Some schools give accommodation too.
Check the job/vacancies thread of nairaland and acquaint yourself with the following job sites.
www.myjobmag.com;

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Odunharry(m): 11:56am On Dec 26, 2015
op Pls if you are not willing and not passionate about the teaching job don't take it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Looking For Job As A Graduate! / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / NDLEA RECRUITMENT! Any News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.