Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. (26350 Views)

I'm About To Be Scammed? / Hey Guys Check Out This Amazing Job I'm About To Drop Mine For It..... / I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Liadi2(m): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
bolseas:
Liadi2,

Do you have COREN?
no sir I didn't I am a fresh graduate, I finished my service on 15th of September 2015 pls sir I am ready to start up at any level. Just to engage myself
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Liadi2(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
Pls my brothers and sisters am also in need of job as far as it put food on my table and to gather capital for my business I had HND in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:

hello dear my faith is in God not man. I strongly believe in him .
Some girls can't face what am going through without thinking of meeting men as the their only option but I never have the thought in min

Then how did you know others WOMEN have the thought of meeting men in their mind if only you are not thinking of it right now?

Simple psychology
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by noblegrex: 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
As long as you're not lazy,God will make a way.not too many ladies can do what you're doing. Most of them don't even have ambition,only looking for a guy to help them carry their load and shoulder their responsibility some would have even resorted to something else.I've got no job but I'm telling you today that God will surprise you if you've got the right heart. Don't ignore some of the advice giving to you here because I can see some reasonable one. You're blessed.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by bchi(f): 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
noblegrex:
As long as you're not lazy,God will make a way.not too many ladies can do what you're doing. Most of them don't even have ambition,only looking for a guy to help them carry their load and shoulder their responsibility some would have even resorted to something else.I've got no job but I'm telling you today that God will surprise you if you've got the right heart. Don't ignore some of the advice giving to you here because I can see some reasonable one. You're blessed.
Thanks dear
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Odunharry(m): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
sonofananimal:
Then how did you know others WOMEN have the thought of meeting men in their mind of only you are not thinking of it right now?

Simple psychology
lol
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by BrandKing: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
Op, where in Lagos do you currently reside?

Can you work on the mainland (Surulere)?

Will have you start as a Sales Executive (will provide you with all where to go).

As per your salary, will conclude on what to start you up with based on how i presume you might deliver. And will include bonus on "targetted jobs"

send your DETAILED CV and COVER LETTER (it MUST include a cover letter). to info@niromonline.com
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by samhay: 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
I was abt challenging u for stealing the story of my life. I experienced exactly d same, dey later relocated to cotonou and took me along to be used dia and told me 'You won't come back to Lagos until you get a job'

I was confused, aw will i gt job wen am away. I av a big dream, I want to b successful, but staying in cotonou is not for me.
I lied dat som1 got me a job and I av to return, and he allowed me.

Got to lag and continued my search, I got tired and stayed somwia till evenin so dat dey will tink i was really working.

Returned home around 7:30pm and guess what he already came bk from cotonou just because of me.

In short, d nxt day i was terribly beaten by him as old as I be, and sent packing.

I was determined not to go home, cos I will break my mum's heart.

I went to a church and started sleeping dia. Afta abt a week, I organised coaching for small kids in d area to av daily food,i later got a teaching job, wit d help of a woman in d church, she helped me plan everything. I got an apartment for myself and started living well. Moved to dubai august dis year and am doing gr8. He called me 2 weeks b4 i left 9ja,since 2010 saying he wanna discuss with me,but I dnt think I can stand together with him again.

My dear, take d bull by d scruff and pull somtin out of nothin. I started with coaching, collecting 30naira from 7pupils in 2010. Here I am today.

Glory be to God.

God will c u tru,

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Rhea(f): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=bchi post=41342129]I came to Lagos in August in search of job, after I concluded One year nysc programme.
I left my mom and my kid brother to relief my mom expenses on taking care of us with my aunt( mom elder sis) and granny(mom's mother).
My mom is a single mother( lost husband at early stage of marriage like 5years after) and also an average civil servant, who has been taking care of every one and our needs.
I left them to Lagos to hustle and also support them.
Since I came to Lagos in August, I have been searching for job and spending my little service on transport, paper work(photocopy and writing/ rewriting of CVs) and feeding most times.
Here in Lagos, I live with A cousin brother(from mom side) who i respect alot and love most among my other cousins.
He accommodates me and sometimes drops #500 for cooking when need to , i have to manage it ( everything is expensive but I have to squeeze) and cook two days meal for both of us.
Since this month, he has been get upset over anything and i sense he not happy of my joblessness and he's fed up of my staying at home sometimes ( I stays back cos of no transport fare to go out and I was told to check back some places I tried by January).
My hope is in January and I believe I must get job by January with the faith I have.
My cousin brother came back yesterday 24 Dec and told me, he's travelling to villa that when he's back, I will tell him why i came Lagos. Before leaving he drops #500 for Christmas cooking.
I have endure enough staying with him by eating like a beggar because in my house we eat 3square meals everyday. Food is not our problem,Christmas day mom will prepare a big chicken, salad and drinks for us. I'm saying here is that am not after food but what he told me. Now I sense that he doesn't what me to stay in his place again. As it stands, I don't have anywhere to go and I really want to work in Lagos, am not lazy and I dislike staying at home. That's why I went for aviation course ( Ticket booking ), So I can get job since my grade is poor ( my bad mistake)but I believe my destiny is not tie to it.
I don't know what to do and where to go.
I have been crying all day.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR NICE ADVICE
Pardon my errors.
Thanks
Sorry for the long piece....

Mind you marriage is not my priority but I need to work for myself , I don't love depending on any one
#NoLiability

/quote]

[size=14pt]Some people have given you some solid advice here to follow. I will add to that: be careful with some desperate men offering you jobs. They are merely aiming for your skirt.
Also beware of some marketing jobs. If you have to sell your body to make ends meet, then stay away from such offers. You will figure them out as you move along. For now, be open to every opportunity but beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. Big opportunities come to you through narrow doors. Best of luck[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by samhay: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=Rhea post=41364203][/quote]

Nice 1
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
Odunharry:

lol
merry CHRISTMAS!

Hope im not that late!
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by slap1(m): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
mikigen:
bro am interested in your offer, am currently based in south south won't mind relocating to the east pls help a brother...here is my contact 08064008543 thats my whats app number. Thanks
The job is basically for ladies.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by bestlife(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
I came to Lagos in August in search of job, after I concluded One year nysc programme.
I left my mom and my kid brother to relief my mom expenses on taking care of us with my aunt( mom elder sis) and granny(mom's mother).
My mom is a single mother( lost husband at early stage of marriage like 5years after) and also an average civil servant, who has been taking care of every one and our needs.
Since I came to Lagos in August, I have been searching for job and spending my little service on transport, paper work(photocopy and writing/ rewriting of CVs) and feeding most times.
Here in Lagos, I live with A cousin brother(from mom side) who i respect alot and love most among my other cousins.
He accommodates me and sometimes drops #500 for cooking when need to , i have to manage it ( everything is expensive but I have to squeeze) and cook two days meal for both of us.
Since this month, he has been get upset over anything and i sense he not happy of my joblessness and he's fed up of my staying at home sometimes ( I stays back cos of no transport fare to go out and I was told to check back some places I tried by January).
My hope is in January and I believe I must get job by January with the faith I have.
My cousin brother came back yesterday 24 Dec and told me, he's travelling to villa that when he's back, I will tell him why i came Lagos. Before leaving he drops #500 for Christmas cooking.
I have endure enough staying with him by eating like a beggar because in my house we eat 3square meals everyday. Food is not our problem,Christmas day mom will prepare a big chicken, salad and drinks for us. I'm saying here is that am not after food but what he told me. Now I sense that he doesn't what me to stay in his place again. As it stands, I don't have anywhere to go and I really want to work in Lagos, am not lazy and I dislike staying at home. That's why I went for aviation course ( Ticket booking ), So I can get job since my grade is poor ( my bad mistake)but I believe my destiny is not tie to it.
Pardon my errors.
Thanks

Mind you marriage is not my priority but I need to work for myself , I don't love depending on any one
#NoLiability

email me about urself and what u can do, ksmart381@gmail.com
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Liadi2(m): 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
Help me too ooooo pls I need job too
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by omogidi234(m): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
OP, what did you study and what are your passions?
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by dancoolD(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
when the journey get tough; only the tough get going. because tough time never last but tough people last. pls don't give up there is hope for you pray and trust God
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by muaa(f): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
I made a 2.2 also. Just asking cos everyone keeps recommending teaching for the OP but from the post she mentioned that her result is bad hence my curiosity.
magicminister:

No company would take you with your third class.

Please what did you study?
I made a 2.2. And I workednin a top audit firm that accepts only 2.1. And 1.1

I can put in a good word for you but I need to see your c.v.

What have you been involved in since you graduated.
Why did you make a third class.
And what plans do you have for the future.

If you made a 3.3. Please stop looking for work and start looking for the much needed connection that might take you there.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by butanep(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
magicminister:

If you made a 3.3. Please stop looking for work and start looking for the much needed connection that might take you there.

Oga I have a 2.1 in geology. Can you put in for me. Can I send you my CV?
I am very smart and hard working. I worked with a mining firm as a quarry manager.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by mickey45: 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
This might sound crude but can you plait hairs?
If yes, then dress moderately, get to confirmed neighbourhoods/estates not too far from your house.

Go to as many gates as you can per day (target yourself), offer your services to help the madam of the house plait her daughters' hair in house on weekends. You might get at least one - to trial offers in the first week.

Few heads per day for each weekend (Friday-Sunday), should provide something to support you and your. Job-hunt through the week.

With time you'd get a real position courtesy one of. Your clients.
Joining a good Church, spread word around (if you don't mind) walking up to parents whose children show up with unplaited hairs on weekend might be a way to start too.
Just put your heart to it and God'll lead.

If you're good at "pallying" with people (which I truly hope you'll be), God'll surely turn one of those windows into a door for you. Even as you also stylishly broach your search for a weekday job to some clients you trust.

Perhaps to help out even if as an intern assisting with the dept. in their workplaces that handle traveling arrangement for their directors and staff.

Above all "take it to church".

You'll earn much from that than teaching in another run-of-the-mill school.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by jasper83: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
bchi:
I came to Lagos in August in search of job, after I concluded One year nysc programme.
Pardon my errors.
Thanks

#NoLiability

I really like your courage. Where do you stay? Can you do a marketing job in computer village area by working for telecommunication distribution agent?. The job entails seling etisalat SIM card, phones and sometimes internet modems.

Marketing jobs are the in thing in town now, believe me you can never grumble if you are hardworking. It will also afford you the opportunity to garner some work experience.

As regards your grade in school don't be too hard on yourself, there is nothing you can do again. That's why I will advice to try sales/marketing jobs because in this field what is Germaine is producing result and deliverables. If people can do it, you can do it too. It may cost you trekking so as to achieve sales target but you will smile like your peers.

If you are interested then welcome to the world of #real hussle pays. Just mention my post and will help talk to the coordinator in charge on Monday. Be positive!!!

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Izustan(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
tellwisdom:
I can offer you a place to stay, if only you are not a witch..I hate witch well well. sad
lol

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by dammy222(f): 11:01pm On Dec 26, 2015
magicminister:

Can you help me as well? I made a 2.2 as well. And I will really like to work in an audit firm even if it is as audit trainee. Please I will really appreciate your help. Thank you.
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by avicky(f): 5:56am On Dec 27, 2015
muaa:
I made a 2.2 also. Just asking cos everyone keeps recommending teaching for the OP but from the post she mentioned that her result is bad hence my curiosity.
In teaching, your grade is inconsequential. What matters most is your passion and ability to teach.

Besides, there are non-academic posts in schools like: house parents, admim officers, front desk officers etc.

Op, didn't list other things she can do except aviation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Odunharry(m): 7:50am On Dec 27, 2015
sonofananimal:
merry CHRISTMAS!

Hope im not that late!
Lo.. no boss. Compliments
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by jasper83: 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Always visit nairaland job section. Finally prepare yourself also for sales and marketing jobs, they ain't as bad as people paint them. Infact they make you rise faster in career because its all about who can deliver result. Open your mind when u are searching for job.

quote author=bchi post=41342129]I came to Lagos in August in search of job, after I concluded One year nysc programme.
Pardon my errors.
Thanks

#NoLiability

[/quote]
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by finestpicks(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
OP i feel your pain to an extent..I came to lag december 1st to stay with an uncle via a cousin,the man was friendly and gave me 1k every day I went out(my coming to lag was to get a short job).

I attended 2 auditions and got selected for one of them,funny enough the one I got was advertised on nairaland..It was to last 2 weeks(10 days) and involved talking to people in a classy estate in lagos and it paid 25k.The man was eager to work with I and the other 4 persons he chose but my uncle wanted to travel and leave the house for his friend coming in from malaysia.

Dejected,I had to leave lagos(my uncle gave me 4k).I begged people on nairaland to stay with them for a month and pay 4k,but most just snubbed.

Fast forward to today,gotten accomodation and a 5 week job with HP paying 50k,just have to manage.Getting a place to stay is your First box to tick when coming to a place like lagos,accomodation is Gold here

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Oseweisi: 7:38am On Dec 28, 2015
I am interested o...what firm?

Send me a pm.
I know a firm recruiting but U have to be willing to prove yourself. I can use my influence. The pay is not much bit U gotta be willing to work hard to get yourself a better position[/quote]
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Oseweisi: 10:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Yes
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Mekyno(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dbaroness:

Lwkmd, Who likes witches kwanu?
wizards do.......lol
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by Mekyno(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
MyGeneration:
Nigeria is not easy at all o. Me I also have a problem I am finishing my service next year and my parents want me to relocate abroad do my masters and to stay with my siblings there, but deep in me I dont want to, what I want to do is business.
Should I go abroad finish my master's and start life there?
Or shud I tell them to use that money they want to use to send me abroad to gimme to start my dream business?
Or shud I go abroad finish the masters, hustle out some money then come back to Nigeria and start the business?
Please I need your help to decide...
guy, u know deep down u dat school is nt ur tin, why waste ur tym.
Call u ppl family meeting, tell dem ur sori 4 disappointing their feelings bt its biz dat runs inside u, that even if u finish PhD, u will still go to biz.
Go and know/learn all abt d biz n dnt eva complain/disappoint in d biz. Complain/commit it to God alone. Gudluk
Re: Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. by bchi(f): 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Thanks to all for your advice.
Those asking for what I studied and what I can do.
I studied Statistics.
I have knowledge in Inventory, Computer software ( Ms word, excel, PowerPoint , Internet and Galileo GDS) And also Good communication and interpersonal relationship.
My hobby/ interest: Reading,Meeting new people, learning New ideas and concepts.

For those that pm and also chatting with me on whatsapp, Thanks for your words of encouragement.
Don't use my story as advantage for you to come close to me.
Some of you asking for relationship, I'm not interested in any, All I need is to make my own money not to depend.
If you really want to help some one in life, don't have this mentality of the person paying back with what he/ she has. Only God will bless you. Always do Good without expecting Good in return from man but only from God.
Thanks
Prosperous new year to you all.

You all will hear my testimony soon.
#STAYBLESS ..... CHEERS.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Looking For Job As A Graduate! / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / NDLEA RECRUITMENT! Any News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.