Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know (4665 Views)

26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. / 26 Mind-blowing Psychology Facts That You Never Knew About People / 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by lapazi(m): 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
1. Your favorite song is likely associated with an emotional event.
You and everyone else.

2. Music impacts your perspective.
This one seems kind of obvious! A study at the University of Groningen showed that music has a dramatic impact on your perception.

3. The more you spend on others, the happier you are.
According to various studies. Be sure to give plenty this holiday season!

4. Spending money on experience instead of stuff also makes you happier.
Collect memories not things, right?

5. Kids are more high strung today than the average psych ward patient in 1950.
Which is pretty scary but not surprising. About half the human population now suffers anxiety, depression, or a sort of substance abuse.

6. Certain religious practices lower stress.
“The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Mood Disorders” shows that people who engage in meditation and prayer religiously are less stressed out.

7. Money does buy happiness, but only up to $75,000 a year.
For the average American, $75k a year buys happiness. It liberates you from poverty and gets you what you need in life.

8. Being with happy people makes you happier.
This should come as no surprise.

9. 18 to 33 year olds are the most stressed out people on earth.
Family, education, work, it can all be pretty stressful.

10. Convincing yourself you slept well tricks your brain into thinking it did.
Thus giving you more energy. They called it “placebo sleep”.

11. Smart people underestimate themselves and ignorant people think they’re brilliant.
It’s called the Dunning Kruger Effect, it’s real, and just go on Facebook and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

12. When you remember a past event, you’re actually remembering the last time you remembered it.
Alright, that one blew the hell out of my mind. This is why our memories fade and distort over time.

13. Your decisions are more rational when thought in another language.
A university of Chicago study showed that Korean citizens who thought in foreign languages reduced their overall bias. Neat.

14. If you announce your goals, you’re less likely to succeed.
It’s true. Tests since the 1930’s have pretty well proven it.

(source)

higherperspectives.com

Cc: lalasticlala

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by doublewisdom: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Really? @no 6, now I know why some Muslims after prayers and meditations calmly detonate bombs.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Oxytocin(m): 11:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmm.... Nice piece
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by lapazi(m): 11:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
doublewisdom:
Really? @no 6, now I know why some Muslims after prayers and meditations calmly detonate bombs.

If u have Nothing good to say....you should keep quite. #word

7 Likes

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 26, 2015
This whole world needs medicine

1 Like

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by joe4christ(m): 5:00am On Dec 26, 2015
No'14 is undeniably true, and I still can't figure out why

3 Likes

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Stesibelle17(f): 5:09am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by DjAndroid: 5:35am On Dec 26, 2015
@no14. note taken, Good one op!
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by clockwise(m): 6:39am On Dec 26, 2015
pschology nd their baseless fact, psychology course na La cram la pour. If u dnt cram it, na long thing ooooo. Chai i knw won dey hear anytin psychology nd sociology again, these course na nytmare for me.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by philfearon(m): 6:44am On Dec 26, 2015
Nice.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by MzEspoir(f): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2015
joe4christ:
I think announcing what you're going to do over and over again kills enthusiasm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2015
Wow
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by nigeriancuban: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2015
I descent no 12,the rest might be true though
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by derbybliz(m): 9:02am On Dec 26, 2015
Personally oooo I think 1&2 don't work for me
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2015
joe4christ:
TRUE
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Enahi(f): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2015
Really
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2015
No 14 is true.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Amazinpeace(f): 11:26am On Dec 26, 2015
Nice one op, but i dn't think number 3 works for everybody
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by DecoLand(m): 11:30am On Dec 26, 2015
End time facts
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Pheals(f): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2015
No.7. If 75k can buy happiness for an average American... How much will buy it here in Nigeria we are not in America op undecided
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by dopedealer(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
Number 14 has to do with mind set. Another psycho test. So just Cus I tell every one I want to buy a new car doesn't mean I won't buy it. Or I want to travel out doesn't stop me from getting a visa. I personally like telling pple wat I m upto and doesn't stop me from achieving my goals. We announce our goals each time to 3 or more pple subconsciously..
Companies announce their mission and goals and succeed yearly. Number 14 doesn't work for me...

1 Like

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by androsurf: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
great tips

Hello guys! Are you looking for an antivirus for your phone? you have come to the right place. AVG antivirus is not new and most of us has make use of it on desktop platform. here's the mobile version of the app. Very effective and powerful. Protect your phone today from hackers and remove malwares. Read the full specifications below.
http://www.androsurf.com/2015/12/avg-antivirus-free-android-application.html
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by lapazi(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Pheals:
No.7. If 75k can buy happiness for an average American... How much will buy it here in Nigeria we are not in America op undecided

Cmon its not rocket science do the math!
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by joe4christ(m): 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
MzEspoir:
I think announcing what you're going to do over and over again kills enthusiasm

That's not it, you seem not to understand this thing.
Most time it's not even from me, it just seems as if an invincible force just comes and deviate the whole expectations, something you never foresaw as a possibility.
I've long stopped sharing, and ever since I made that decision, every goal I set becomes achievable, with results that atimes beat my wildest imaginations.

1 Like

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
doublewisdom:
i bow for your reasoning o wetin come bring muslim come inside this gist now? Abi u be antichrist?
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by kekakuz(m): 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hmm think in another language Very dangerous The last time I tried to think like an igbo man, I almost carried drugs
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by abdulaz: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
Number 12 is so on point. That is how I usually get over issues that are troubling my mind, mostly bad esperiences and emotional trauma.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by lapazi(m): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
kekakuz:
Hmm think in another language
Very dangerous
The last time I tried to think like an igbo man, I almost carried drugs

Hahaahaha...no b small thing.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by olafum1(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Idrismusty97(m): 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
14. If you announce your goals, you’re less likely to
succeed.
It’s true. Tests since the 1930’s have pretty well proven it.
Exactly, I noticed people who keep talking all the time about themselves and goals usually don't succeed at the end. Don't get it wrong, If you need help you can talk about your goals to others. But when you don't need any help and keep disturbing others how you are gonna do this and that then you may not even succeed.
Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
Your favorite song is likely associated with an emotional event.
You and everyone else.
Nope.
My favourite song as of now isn't related to any emotional event. Its just a soundtrack from a movie I happened to like.

3. The more you spend on others, the happier you are
Hmmmmmmm........... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6. Certain religious practices lower stress.
“The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Mood Disorders” shows that people who engage in meditation and prayer religiously are less stressed out.
Also the Rastafarian religious practice of smoking weed is worthy of mention grin

11. Smart people underestimate themselves and ignorant people think they’re brilliant.
It’s called the Dunning Kruger Effect, it’s real, and just go on Facebook and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Or better still go on Nairaland Romance section to get an even better example.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know by MzEspoir(f): 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
joe4christ:

That's not it, you seem not to understand this thing.
Most time it's not even from me, it just seems as if an invincible force just comes and deviate the whole expectations, something you never foresaw as a possibility.
I've long stopped sharing, and ever since I made that decision, every goal I set becomes achievable, with results that atimes beat my wildest imaginations.
that's what I'm saying. From my POV, when you keep announcing it, your subconscious either gets bored and loses interest, or stupidly thinks you already carried out the act, since it keeps mulling over it constantly. I know it makes no sensecheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind / Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo / Good Private Nursery And Primary School In Calabar???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.