Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Dogs Heat Period - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dogs Heat Period (1870 Views)

Heat Period Of Boer Boel. / My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) / Finally Zara Has Seen Her Heat Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogs Heat Period by albertetiosa: 3:48am On Dec 26, 2015
I have a female and male Caucasian breed,the female is dripping blood already and i was told not to let the male dog meet her for the first heat period.How true is this? A friend said,"the first heat doesn't produce healthy dogs, hence, am now caging her to avoid the male Dog meeting her.Pls advise !

1 Like

Re: Dogs Heat Period by Patented: 5:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Only thing I know is dt 4 d 1st period d puppies may nt be many.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Heat Period by obidike1: 6:43am On Dec 26, 2015
Your dog might hv complications and may not be able to litter again....Give d dog more time, second heat its still ok for mating.

3 Likes

Re: Dogs Heat Period by miremoses(m): 9:50am On Dec 26, 2015
dont mate her if its d first heat...she's not yet matured ...second heat wil do

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Heat Period by bayulala94(m): 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
If the dog is up to 2years u can go on with it there is notting like if a dog is mated on her first heat she won't be able to gave birth again,they might be consequences tho
Re: Dogs Heat Period by arcbay(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
To start with, very good dogs u have there, but don't be tempted, it all bills down to age...if it's her first heat and she's still at the puppy stage, don't mate, complications set in and it affects their reproductive abilities layer in the future...

Just chill till the second heat please. It's only about 4 months away, it's worth the wait...
Re: Dogs Heat Period by barcaboi(m): 1:22am On Dec 28, 2015
everyone gave you advice without asking how old your female and male dog is.....if she's a year and above and she came on heat for the 1st time, you can mate her because her eggs are developed. ......let's know the age...thanks

(1) (Reply)

new month bonanza massive pitbull puppies at 50k flat offer ends on 5th july / Pure Breed Caucasian Puppies For Sale!!! / Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.