Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

My Journey. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Journey. (3138 Views)

My Journey To Making 50 Dollars Daily From Youtube / My Journey To Make $1000 On Fiverr, Article Writing & Proofreading B4 Dec 31st / My Journey From Unemployed And Broke To Self-employed Entrepreneur! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey. by Alashi(m): 6:45am On Dec 26, 2015
My name is Alashi. I am thirty five years old today with about one thousand five and twenty naira as the only cash I have anywhere. Yesterday I told a friend I intended to raise a capital of #500000 this year to start a good business in 2017. So what better time to start than on my birthday. So I am inviting you to walk the walk with me and it can be OUR JOURNEY!
Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 6:52am On Dec 26, 2015
I will be updating the steps I will be taking throughout the whole journey as I walk it, starting from this afternoon. Hoping someone out there will be there to hold my hand. It is cold out here alone.
Re: My Journey. by IRIENBOY(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2015
Ok
Re: My Journey. by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 26, 2015
sound like a good adventure,what is the plan?

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by kolokolobi(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Say help us into why the target of 500k was set. For what business line and one or two ideas you hope to work on to raise the amount in 2016.
Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
@ Kolokolobi, it is not the business. The whole of this year will be spent making #500000. The real business will come after. So while I was offline I strolled to the market and bought a big satchet of miksi milk, you should know it. What for? Somebody may be tempted to ask. To make yoghurt ofcourse. Why am I doing this? I have tested the ground and people love it. The preparation and will come in an interactive.
so I have put certain things in place namely.
(1) a highjerk bicycle.
(2) a chest freezer.
(3)an impulse sealer or simply sealing machine. And a salesboy.
Apart from the freezer the rest do not cost too much. The bike I got a fairly used one for #6000, The impulse sealer for 3500. The salesboy, The most important of them all you get by your ingenuity. Sometimes you try several people before somebody actually clicks. He is going to be bringing in the money! You get the drift? when I come back I will show you how this yoghurt is made. Be back in a jiffy.
Re: My Journey. by kolokolobi(m): 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Waiting then
Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
Patience is a virtue. How do I know? Because I no get am, simple! Well I bought a mould of sugar for #250. Some people sell it for three hundred naira. Now this is how I prepare it.
boil water strongly for 45 minutes. Pour the water in a container with a cover. Pour your satchet of milk in the water and stir until all the milk is dissolved. Allow the solution to cool down to like 40 degrees celsius. Then add your yoghurt culture. Stir evenly, cover and let it ferment for at least 8 hours. If your culture is a good one you will have good yoghurt at the end. Now here is the catch, dilute this yoghurt with water and mix your sweeteners and flavours. Remember you are going to have not that thick solution as you know it but watery. If you add these flavours and you get it right when you freeze it. It will be delicious. Package it in satchets freeze and hand it over to the sales boy. From experience I get #2000 for every milk I use in production. That is about #1000 if you put the money for sugar and flavours.
Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
Get back when mine is in the freezer, thats in the evening.
Re: My Journey. by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hi Alashi,

I admire your business skills. Please keep it up. Before you know it, you'll have your own yogurt making factory.

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
On a lighter note, hi friends lets meet me. I am a secondary school teacher in Tarka Local Government in Benue state. Ours is called the food basket of the nation. I teach mathematics. if the jed do not take this light I will make #2000 tomorrow from the #1000. Wish me luck. Catch ya tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey. by kolokolobi(m): 3:34am On Dec 27, 2015
Following
Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2015
Let me introduce you to my sales boy. His name is Iorpenda, The name is unimportant here but one has to have a name. The important thing is how I recruited him and the importance he will have on the business. I met Iorpenda through a student of mine who pushes wheelbarrow for a living. I spoke to him on my need of a salesperson though I never mentioned that he work for me. He caught on and told me he will bring me a boy. Enter Iorpenda. He is around fifteen or sixteen, a dead father and out of school. The mother is a peasant farmer. The arrangement is if he sells 200 units of this product everyday then he will be paid #8000 monthly plus a bonus of #100 everyday if he meets the target of 150 units daily. Thats #11000 monthly for sales of about #60000.
This guy likes this work. Need I mention that he thinks he is the greatest thing on a bike since after the flood. So guys wish him luck in the market. I have already prepared the one for tomorrow. See ya.

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by suyamasta(m): 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nice one @Alashi keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
@ Suyamasta, thanks a million. Thanks to everyone thats encouraging me on this journey. I made the sales today. A thousand became two so back to my wholesaler I went to get more milk. This time I bought three satchets, a mould of sugar and a few flavours. That means there are four preps ready. Meaning 8 thousand naira in the next four days. I will retire to bed now. A small piece of work on the farm awaits me tomorrow. See ya.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey. by Pidggin(f): 6:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Nice, don't give up. You should think of having a biz plan, also NAFDAC registration is a plus. What if someone licks your ice cream and then claims to fall sick afterwards, you can be arrested and jailed, protect yourself and your business, good luck

3 Likes

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
@ pidggin, thanks dear, i am thinking along that line too but like every other journey its one step at a time. now what makes me think i can get somebody right here on the forum to help me through that. Be right back.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
evening everyone, hope it was productive. by the way been reading up some of dr strive's post on facebook. sorry this should not be "by the way". you wouldn't be far from correct if you place this as centre stage. this guys has been giving some of the most amazing lessons in business and personal living. find time and go see what he's got to offer. i hope i get someone to discuss with on some of his teachings while i still make money.

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by suyamasta(m): 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Yea u nd Strive Masiyiwa are motivators

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2015
@ Suyamasta, comparing me with the great Dr Strive Masiyiwa is about the biggest compliment I have received in my life, I must say I am flattered.
You say I am a motivator but I think it is the other way round. You see the singular most common problem we have with achievements is action and consistency. That is what has held me back all these years. So when I make a bold statement like turning #1500 into #500000 in a year, I know I will raise not just a few eyebrows. But when at the begining of next year I declare that I am setting a target of say three to five million. Everyone will sit up. Am I a scam? no I don't think so because the numbers add up what isn't always right is electricity. Yes you heard me. Who does not know about our electricity. Anyway, this time it will not stop me I will write my own destiny. Talking of numbers let me subtly mention here that even the greatest scientist in my opinion, Albert Einstein said the compound interest is actually the greatest wonder in the world.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey. by suyamasta(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Yes and we are learning
Re: My Journey. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Alashi:
My name is Alashi. I am thirty five years old today with about one thousand five and twenty naira as the only cash I have anywhere. Yesterday I told a friend I intended to raise a capital of #500000 this year to start a good business in 2017. So what better time to start than on my birthday. So I am inviting you to walk the walk with me and it can be OUR JOURNEY!

I can't wait to graduate and get a good job or start my own business and make it big
Re: My Journey. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
@DEGREE2466in your opinion what is a good job?
Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tough luck at the office. Sales was less than #2000, #1800 to be precise. My salesman said will make sure it does not happen again. It will happen again but here we are both showing we don't like it. And that is a plus. I will now switch to the politics section on nairalandto have for me a good laugh. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 5:40am On Dec 31, 2015
Yesterday was a day forget. Iorpenda did not return after the day's sales. It should be a sign that he sold everything he took with him yet I am not happy, because to avoid this I had told him he must return at the end of everyday's sales. Now I will for guidance on what to do because I don't want to threaten him or make him scared of me in any way. You know he is a good kid in his own right. Any suggestions, will certainly be appreciated.
Re: My Journey. by signature2012(m): 5:49am On Dec 31, 2015
Good one @ alashi.

More grease to your elbow.

This is what I call thinking outside the box.
Re: My Journey. by maxxy: 6:47am On Dec 31, 2015
Alashi:
Yesterday was a day forget. Iorpenda did not return after the day's sales. It should be a sign that he sold everything he took with him yet I am not happy, because to avoid this I had told him he must return at the end of everyday's sales. Now I will for guidance on what to do because I don't want to threaten him or make him scared of me in any way. You know he is a good kid in his own right. Any suggestions, will certainly be appreciated.

Don't encourage this behaviour at all! If the nature of your location makes it possible for him to return daily, then he must.

From experience, staff like to test their boundaries and what's unacceptable. So show your displeasure with this new behaviour, otherwise he will soon be returning without money.

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by barikay: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2015
for me i have learnt that it is not good to do a business that it success depend on another individual. Atleast u can control 80℅ of it success. I'm not discouraging u but think

1 Like

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
I would have liked to reply every individual in the context of your contributions but I am new on nairaland so I don't know how to green your remarks to reply adequately. That said @ Maxxy, that is the exact situation I am trying to avoid. i was sure to show my displeasure and ask why it had happened. In this case it was not his fault but I didn't show that. He had several tyre punctures.
@Barikay, I do not believe a business does not depend on it's employees for it's success. My challenge here is making my employee realise that his success and happiness depend on the success of the business. What I have decided to do is employ someone else (which I wanted to do anyway) and create a healthy competition among them.
@signature2012, a million thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey. by Alashi(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
Damn!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ABCON Asks Central Bank To Diversify Forex Disbursement / Inflation Increases By 11.37% In April 2019; 0.12% Higher Than March 2019 Rate / Profitable Business To Start With 4million Naira In January 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.