Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child (9581 Views)

Childish Way Most Girls Behave That Needs To Stop / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them / 8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by 4hys: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
the igbo girls i cant really understand them when it comes to relationship breakup.

d issue is dat my uncle was dating an igbo girl for over 2 yrs and tending to even marry her but along the the line their was some controversies and they brokeup and she left with the child. no contact, no trace.
frankly speaking i have seen this in so many occasions

the question is, is that how other tribes in Nigeria behave or what is their main reason for their act

lalasticlala, ishilove help take it to fp
Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Because your uncle's Igbo girlfriend acted in a particular manner, doesn't mean that all Igbo girls act in that manner.
The behavior of a person or few set of persons from a particular tribe should never be used to define that tribe.

What your uncle's wife did can and has also been done by other ladies from other tribes.

It all boils down to the girl's personality and character, and not her tribe or ethnicity.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by nigport: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ohhhh my God please 10000000000 lik 4 dix man. Same wit me I have a cousin of same age I don't no de guy up till date wen I lost my uncle my uncle babe took de boy and run away up till date no trace of the boy I jus 2 hate igbo ppl abeg mak buhari allow dem carry deir trouble go Bleep biafra

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by obiorathesubtle: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
So.. Becohz and omo igbo ran away from your h'uncle.. You think all the H'igbos are like daht abi?
Smh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by tobillionaire(m): 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
because mixed children ar always intelligent nd cute... So, igbos like claiming dem.
Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
nigport:
Ohhhh my God please 10000000000 lik 4 dix man. Same wit me I have a cousin of same age I don't no de guy up till date wen I lost my uncle my uncle babe took de boy and run away up till date no trace of the boy I jus 2 hate igbo ppl abeg mak buhari allow dem carry deir trouble go Bleep biafra

4hys:
the igbo girls i cant really understand them when it comes to relationship breakup.

d issue is dat my uncle was dating an igbo girl for over 2 yrs and tending to even marry her but along the the line their was some controversies and they brokeup and she left with the child. no contact, no trace.

the question is, is that how other tribes in Nigeria behave or what is their main reason for their act

From what you two wrote, its obvious that the our non-Igbo inlaws never paid the bride price to the families of their Igbo fiance's and in Igbo culture they are seen as credit/back door inlaws and don't have a right of ownernish over any child thier lustful cohabitation produced.

Even in court, it's the mother of the child that has custody of the child up to a legal age where he or she is to decide who to live with. While the father is duty bound to provide all financial support needed.

Over the years we have seen our distant cousins in mainly yoruba land being ridiculed for having come from an Igbo mother. We can't let such happen again.

Make una uncle them ready to pay bride price for Igbo girls they want to marry and stop thinking they can use pregnancy and child birth to keep our daughters hostage while they jump again to marry a girl from their own tribe.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by cruzita(f): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
grin proudly Igbo .no time for dulling

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Vikky014(f): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
4hys:

Did i hear u say igbo girls pls jst say some girls and dnt attach any tribe to it
thanks
Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by flawlesRebirth(f): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
PROUDLY IGBO

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
nigport:

I just hope your hatred for them won't make You miss so many good opportunities ...

#notoTRIBALISM

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Donald7610: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Omo Ijebu ni mi o
Hoping to marry Igbo girl
With their beauty, intelligence & always go straight to the point
Unlike (many not all) naughty pretender Yooba girl dat u must UnCloth all the time,
Even when she's enjoying it, she hide it as if Na virgin Maria
So strict on bed in order to claim rape
Go to court & see them starving their husband yet still cheating on him

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Hygist: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
try one igbo girl, u know tht relationship is more than beauty
Donald7610:
Omo Ijebu ni mi o
Hoping to marry Igbo girl
With their beauty, intelligence & always go straight to the point
Unlike (many not all) naughty pretender Yooba girl dat u must UnCloth all the time,
Even when she's enjoying it, she hide it as if Na virgin Maria
So strict on bed in order to claim rape
Go to court & see them starving their husband yet still cheating on him

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Jayjay0(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
I don't even understand the op's point undecided
Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by essa9davies4(f): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
Petty lies#proudly igbo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by MrBONE2(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
The Oups should stop hating a particular tribe just because of what a Sisi had done to his uncle,He should know that for all tribes around the world"even those@kibuki Land" their must be the good ones and bad ones.Gyarbonka Shaka lalaala.
Proudly African.grin

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Annais(f): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bubewilson:

From what you two wrote, its obvious that the our non-Igbo inlaws never paid the bride price to the families of their Igbo fiance's and in Igbo culture they are seen as credit/back door inlaws and don't have a right of ownernish over any child thier lustful cohabitation produced.

Even in court, it's the mother of the child that has custody of the child up to a legal age where he or she is to decide who to live with. While the father is duty bound to provide all financial support needed.

Over the years we have seen our distant cousins in mainly yoruba land being ridiculed for having come from an Igbo mother. We can't let such happen again.

Make una uncle them ready to pay bride price for Igbo girls they want to marry and stop thinking they can use pregnancy and child birth to keep our daughters hostage while they jump again to marry a girl from their own tribe.
Gbam! Tell them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by 4hys: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
what are you saying? do u mean igbo guys do get married to any girl they pregnant? this is very funny, you people claim to be wise, your boys do have children with more than one woman, how many times mothers to the children has ran with ur kid. hrtless people
Bubewilson:

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Hygist: 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
nonsense lifestyle they portray, u do it to others, but wen it happens to you remember customs and tradition. endtime igbo girls

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by calddon(m): 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Tribalism is cancerous. say no to racism.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by emekachimek: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
nigport:
You hate them, yet your people/tribe prefer the Igbo girls; something must be terrible with your tribes's girls

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Hygist: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
there is nothing like prefer, nigerians do inter marry, have kids and if relationship dont work out again they understand themselves but in the case of igbos, they will run with the kids. this not really fair at all. u guys should change their mentality. life is more than that now
emekachimek:

You hate them, yet your people/tribe prefer the Igbo girls; something must be terrible with your tribes's girls

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by AlienStar: 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
Gbam! Well said/typed
Bubewilson:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by AlienStar: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
You guys r ridiculous, u don't want the mother buh u want the child. Too dumb :/
The child can neva belong to the man 'cos bride price wasn't paid.
4hys:

and this can't make fp cos it tribalism!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Chikerenwa: 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
From your report, your uncle;

1. dated her
2. planned to marry her
3. conflict arose
4. the dating produced a child out of wedlock

In Igbo tradition, a man does not own a child unless he has paid the mother's dowry.

Your uncle played an away match and there is nothing Igbo woman attitude in this. If your uncle wants the baby, the woman will have to agree first to your story of dating. The bride price should be paid. Or is she your uncle's child producing factory.

But wait ooo, the child may return to your uncle in his adult age if he thinks he has something for him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Jimdonnet(m): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
Make your uncle pay dowry simple
Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Hygist: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
op uncle's dnt deserve that bro, do u mean igbo guys dnt have kids out of wedlock? bias
Chikerenwa:
From your report, your uncle;

1. dated her
2. planned to marry her
3. conflict arose
4. the dating produced a child out of wedlock

In Igbo tradition, a man does not own a child unless he has paid the mother's dowry.

Your uncle played an away match and there is nothing Igbo woman attitude in this. If your uncle wants the baby, the woman will have to agree first to your story of dating. The bride price should be paid. Or is she your uncle's child producing factory.

But wait ooo, the child may return to your uncle in his adult age if he thinks he has something for him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by emekachimek: 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hygist:
there is nothing like prefer, nigerians do inter marry, have kids and if relationship dont work out again they understand themselves but in the case of igbos, they will run with the kids. this not really fair at all. u guys should change their mentality. life is more than that now
Why are you still weeping? if your girls were better, why have something to do with an Igbo girl for a relationship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by emekachimek: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hygist:
op uncle's dnt deserve that bro, do u mean igbo guys dnt have kids out of wedlock? bias
Stop wailing bro, do the traditional rites and take your wife home. You think she can lose on both sides? You get her pregnant and not marry her, and you take the baby away? Igbos are always a step ahead. We don't care about your hatred for us. Our tradition guides us. I repeat! Pay your dues and take what belongs to you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2015
Because IGBO LADIES are not Bushmeats.
IGBOS cherish bride price.
IGBOS don't practice Point and Kill.
Am sorry, I can't have such an Uncle around me.
Because my daughters can't be safe around such a man.

Some tribes treat WOMEN like rags, the IGBOS don't condone such.
The pride of every IGBO MAN is his investments which includes his WIFE.
Pls. Don't be ashamed..... Can we know your tribe..?
Because I will never allow my Daughter to be treated like a Bushmeat..

U should be ashamed of yourself and Kindred , for putting up such a derogatory and appalling write up especially this festive season. Anyway

Merry Xmas

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by 4hys: 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
the truth is always bitter
emekachimek:

Why are you still weeping? if your girls were better, why have something to do with an Igbo girl for a relationship
Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by 4hys: 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
am an Ijaw man from Rivers
EVILFOREST:
Because IGBO LADIES are not Bushmeats.
IGBOS cherish bride price.
IGBOS don't practice Point and Kill.
Am sorry, I can't have such an Uncle around me.
Because my daughters can't be safe around such a man.

Some tribes treat WOMEN like rags, the IGBOS don't condone such.
The pride of every IGBO MAN is his investments which includes his WIFE.
Pls. Don't be ashamed..... Can we know your tribe..?
Because I will never allow my Daughter to be treated like a Bushmeats..
Re: Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child by Chikerenwa: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hygist:

@Hygist, the Igbo tradition is not partial. In Igboland, you are warned to be careful and prayerful too, that your wife out of wedlock does not die in your hand before the bride price is paid. Whatever number of children you have belong to your "wife" and her people if the bride price is not paid and if they so want it. Speak for yourself and not your unknown uncle.

before you talk about a peoples culture, do some research on them.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help ! My Gf Is Circumcised / The Best Chocolates To Give Your Valentine / Pls Help!! He Said He Is Going To Leave Me If I Still Refuse Him Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.