Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

My Experience With Firstbank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With Firstbank (3049 Views)

Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money / How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Firstbank by slimderek(m): 6:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
On the 9th Of October 2015, I did a Pos Transaction of 33,000 at Etisalat Customer Care with my Firstbank Mastercard And it got declined, We retried again and same thing. Only for me to get two alerts debiting me of a total of 66,000. It was a Friday so i had to run to Firstbank to Complain, And ever since then my Money still has not been returned. Even after numerous calls and emails it still hasn't been returned, and the worse of it all is that they haven't been able to provide a very tangible answer as to what happened to my money.

So my people what do you guys recommend i do.
I can provide screenshot and emails proofing that indeed the money has not been returned.
I have nothing but negative things to say about Firstbank.
They really should be called last Bank.

CC lalasticlala
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by Ayt27(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
You'll continue pestering them. Day in day out.
That's the only sure way to get your money back.

Some banks also aren't that advanced when it comes online banking, na their packaging just make dem be like say their head dey there.
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by obua: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
Call their customers service. They tend to solve those problems faster. The problem might be with the issuing bank for the POS
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by netotse(m): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
slimderek:
On the 9th Of October 2015, I did a Pos Transaction of 33,000 at Etisalat Customer Care with my Firstbank Mastercard And it got declined, We retried again and same thing. Only for me to get two alerts debiting me of a total of 66,000. It was a Friday so i had to run to Firstbank to Complain, And ever since then my Money still has not been returned. Even after numerous calls and emails it still hasn't been returned, and the worse of it all is that they haven't been able to provide a very tangible answer as to what happened to my money.

So my people what do you guys recommend i do.
I can provide screenshot and emails proofing that indeed the money has not been returned.
I have nothing but negative things to say about Firstbank.
They really should be called last Bank.

CC lalasticlala
The money wasn't really taken, your bank thinks a merchant might make/have a claim to the money and so they have ring-fenced it, check your account details via online banking or at an ATM, you're likely to notice two sets of account balances(ledger and effective/available) with the difference between the two being the sum in dispute.

The money will be in your account but will be part of your ledger balance (there's a lien on it so it can't be part of your available balance), normally what happens is if the merchant doesn't claim it in 30 days it should be returned to your effective/available balance. Similar issues when occurring with ATM withdrawals don't take so long but then *shrugs* if you can get the error slip from the merchant you might be able to get your bank to release the funds quicker.

Same thing happened to me recently that's why I understand a bit of how the system works.
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by slimderek(m): 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
It isn't in my lien balance.
I checked and it's empty.

I had this same issue previously with first Bank.
I filed waited and travelled out of the country and came back. It was reversed a week after.
But this one is taking so long completed two months on Dec 9
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by slimderek(m): 7:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
I was in a call with First Bank Yesterday and they customer care agent told me that the Transaction was approved and the cash was deposited into the Merchants account. In other words I payed for service I didn't receive and I payed twice. I'm still wondering how can a sum of 33,000 be processed twice on a POS in less than 5 mins without raising eyebrows. Firsthand didn't investigate and they couldn't even call or email to notify me. Lalasticlala
Please do justice to this post
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by netotse(m): 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
slimderek:
I was in a call with First Bank Yesterday and they customer care agent told me that the Transaction was approved and the cash was deposited into the Merchants account. In other words I payed for service I didn't receive and I payed twice. I'm still wondering how can a sum of 33,000 be processed twice on a POS in less than 5 mins without raising eyebrows. Firsthand didn't investigate and they couldn't even call or email to notify me. Lalasticlala
Please do justice to this post
Hi what's the update?
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello mods, please help this guy get his money back. We know how effective NL can be when such topics hit FP. Dear mods, it's just a space out there in the front yard.

Modified: slimderek, you might want to post screenshots here as the mods tend to work with evidence. If you do, pls obfuscate your private and bank details.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Firstbank by bedfordng(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
your best shot is to visit the etisalat customer care center. Explain to them what happened and see what they would say. You may want to visit the bank again and request to see the manager. This is not a 1-2k error. The cash not small to be forgone
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by slimderek(m): 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
OK I would upload screenshots today. And I would also visit the Etisalat centre and give updates here.
Thank you guys

Update

Here is a Screenshot of the Transaction
http://prntscr.com/9n7o4f
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
Mynd44, Pls we need your help getting this to the frontpage. OP can get quality advice from NLers who have been in similar situations with same bank or others. Pls help before it takes too long.

Slimderek, I'll advice you attach the screenshot here directly instead of posting a link to it. NLers might not take you serious on that approach.
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by slimderek(m): 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
Attached Are The Screenshot.
I even sent them to CBN at cpd@cbn.gov.ng.
Got no response

Re: My Experience With Firstbank by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
I PMed the mods, hopefully this will get their attention this time around. You can also do likewise.
Re: My Experience With Firstbank by slimderek(m): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
53cur3m0d3:
I PMed the mods, hopefully this will get their attention this time around. You can also do likewise.
Thanks for your endeavours
I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Transport/admin/fleet Manager At Your Company? READ THIS / Is Selling Baby Diapers In Wholesale Profitable In 2021? / How To Make #60,000+ Monthly Importing Wrist Band

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.