Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,027 members, 7,803,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (94847 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by baylrc4real(m): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Send it to me @ baylec4real@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by praxs(m): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Link to the book of enoch pdf has been shared here, dos interested should access it or better still, google `download book of enoch pdf`.
More to that, the thread has bin interesting, educative and eye opening, thanx to every one for the contribution. I never imagined it could generate comments and debate as much as dis. Personally, i have learnt so many tins i never knew about from the thread, and i hope and pray that God, the giver of knowledge will expand our understanding.God bless ur friends, and hit like if u benefited from the thread
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ayodeji4real1: 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
I NEED A COPIED OF THE SOFTCOPY PLS SEND IT TO ME Ayodejibuzz@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Kratos3364(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Dont frgt to share with us after reading it.. Check ur mail
hi bro,pls cn u send it to me at ajayifemi3364@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by alutarabbi: 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered
pls I'll appreciate u share d link to download the soft copy. Thnks..
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by malvisguy212: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
olassy239:
u just interpreted the bible based on ur understanding,or just bcus u want it too b that way,was Jesus speaking in English when he altered the word name,wat if the people who translate the bible to English were responsible
lame excuse, read the septuagint manuscript, it say the samething.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by selfemployed(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
http://book-ofenoch.com/download-pdf/

There it is if u want to download . I just downloaded it

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by miqos02(m): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
SaintMog:
Simply put: the books of the bible were compiled and accepted based on each of them having passed the test of canonicity. Space and time will not permit to state all the tests here. Many books were written but they failed the test. The book of Enoch failed such test.
u will do well by posting the tests, it helps all to get deeper understanding
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by iPopAlomo(m): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
bezimo:

Moses was sent by God to liberate the people of Isreal from the the land of Egypt out of the hands of Pharoah. Arent you aware of this story.Abi you didn't read your Bible or attend Sunday school lessons when you were of attending age.
How can Moses now use magic instead he displayed the power of God through signs and wonders and the Egyptians wanted to use their magical and occultic wisdom to replicate the same sign and wonders done by Moses but ended up as losers, this culminated in the death of all first born in Egypt and Israel was set free from that Egypt land of bondage.
The power of God is not magic.Magicians and their likes use fake power of the devil to oppress the ignorant.That's is why when the Power of Jesus comes on the scene they have no choice but to submit.
Remember the contest between Elijah(Gods choice Prophet) and the Prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel.As usual the devil and his team lost and paid the price.
God and his power will always triumph over the devil and his fake power
So don't be confused or ignorant about the Power of God to do and undo.
Jesus is Lord

Guy... there's no point extending anything with you... I know the kind of person you are... eod!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
have you done a research properly ? If you do you will know why, the book of enoch is devilish
The book of enoch say man wisdom came from DEMON named Penemue .

We read in the Book of Enoch, chapter 69:8-12...
8 ...And the fourth was named
Penemue: he taught the
9 children of men the bitter and
the sweet, and he taught them
all the secrets of their wisdom.
And he instructed mankind in
writing with ink and paper, and
thereby many sinned from
eternity to
10 eternity and until this day.
For men were not created for
such a purpose, to give
confirmation
11 to their good faith with pen
and ink. For men were created
exactly like the angels, to the
intent that they should continue
pure and righteous, and death,
which destroys everything, could
not have taken hold of them, but
through this their knowledge
they are perishing, and through
this power
12 it is consuming me.

What ... man's wisdom came from a demon named Penemue? That's crazy! Did ink and paper cause the fall of the human race? Whoa ... I'd better through all my fine-point pens away immediately! It was Adam's sin that brought sin into the world (Romans 5:12); not evil literature. Mankind is inherently evil of himself, prone to the works of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21). The Charismatics (Pentecostals) give far too much credit to demons for the sinful actions of men. They believe that every sin a person commits is evidence of
demon-possession. That is absurd! Men and women sin because they are sinners! (Romans 3:10,23).

Lmao. It's just funny seeing Ur profile, they wrote you believe there is only one God, Allah, and Mohammed is his servant. Hahahahahahahah so u are Muslim and Christian at the same time.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Awoofawo(m): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dapo777:

Lmao. It's just funny seeing Ur profile, they wrote you believe there is only one God, Allah, and Mohammed is his servant. Hahahahahahahah so u are Muslim and Christian at the same time.
Do you know that Jesus name was mentioned many time more than that of Mohamed in the Quaran! Why? cool

and some talking about canonising test, should educate us about those who canonised the bible and their motive for doing so? cool why do some hoard all ancient literatures tit could lay its hands on?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by chigo4flow(m): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it
. Please I will appreciate a copy too at chigo4flow@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by TOBIWHITE(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Please OP can u send the soft copy to my mail too...thanks in anticipation tobi4white@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Awoofawo:
Do you know that Jesus name was mentioned many time more than that of Mohamed in the Quaran! Why? cool

and some talking about canonising test, should educate us about those who canonised the bible and their motive for doing so? cool why do some hoard all ancient literatures tit could lay its hands on?

Hmmmmm. Am sorry, but I have completely lost steam for religious arguments
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by sarutobie(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
Jesus has two nature, fully God and fully man, there was NEVER a time Jesus became God, but there was A time Jesus became God. In John 1 the word became flesh, the question is which among the three incarnate in Jesus ? It was God the son who incarnate in Him

Matthew 28:16-20 is a passage referred
to as “The Great Commission.” In verse
19, Jesus states:
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,”

The word "name" is singular, and Jesus went on to mention the 3 Godhead , why dint He say "names" instead of name? Because God is ONE with 3 personalities. in genesis 1:27 we read;
"let us make man in our IMAGE.... "

The word us indicated more than one personalities but the word IMAGE indicated ONE GOD.

Alright, back to your question, in John 17:5 Jesus was referring to GOD the father in heaven.
herersy! when God said " in OUR own image" it is clear he was referring to more than one being. "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me"..indicates more than one being..Jesus always prayed "father let your will be done and not MINE"...indicates more than one being.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by yemixi4real(m): 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
airfinance:

Are their doctrines more superior,important to the teachings of the bible? Are we to follow some parts of the bible or follow doctrines that are not listed in the bibble?help me out pls

Please Follow your Bible.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by zicoy6k: 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Reading people's comments here shows many people practice the religion of their parents and have neva tried to search out d validity of wat they bliv in. I av searched and found d truth and I advise u to do d same because it is a matter of ur eternity and no amount of tym and effort is too much. Try to ask urself
Wat if Christianity is wrong?
Wat if Islam is wrong?
My conclusion is all religions today are wrong except Judaism but Jesus and the Bible are true. Judaism (not d modern but d one described in the Tora) is the only religion ever approved by God but was just for a time till the real way to God shows up.
It doesn't bother God if u pray Solat or do d practices of the Jews as long as you do it to Him in the name of Jesus, serve Him, bliv and confess Jesus as the son of God and u are filled with his spirit.
The Bible is just a compilation of historical events written and compiled by men through the inspiration of God. U may wanna ask how do we trust this? U can't know until u bliv in it first and do wat it says. I av verified the Bible is the truth because I av seen it at wrk in my life. the Bible already contains more than enuf info that we need but seeking more knowledge from other books not included in d Bible is good but be careful. Tobit, Judith, The Macabees and some others including this book of enoch are very good books. U just need to read with understanding. If u dnt understanding d regular Bible yet, please dnt go to those books.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
noble2faith:

Young woman! Don't misunderstand me. Christianity didn't start as a religion. Religion was man's invention. Infact the apostles never aimed to start an ideology for people to follow; it was just the gentiles in antioch that named them christian(christlike) as a result of the reflection of christ in their life. Christianity in the sight of men is religion but the truth is that it is not a religion. If christianity is to be given a proper definition, it should be the restoration of man back to God through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. Shalom!
from your definition you think budhism; Islam, Judaism and paganism are religions too?? Advice yourself Biko.. By the way help me define religion?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by zicoy6k: 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
leofab:
from your definition you think budhism; Islam, Judaism and paganism are religions too?? Advice yourself Biko.. By the way help me define religion?
yes they are all religions including the Christianity many churches and ppl propagate and practice today.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by jornie(m): 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it
well,Because the bible is a collection of scrolls that were put together by the biblical canon,your question should be why it was not included?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon
http://www.gotquestions.org/canon-Bible.html
Now,the answer to your question i think is because the book of Enoch is an Apocryphal book ,which means its prolly not inspired of GOD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocrypha
http://www.bible.ca/catholic-apocrypha.htm

i like when christians ask questions like this,since there are so many lies out there,it shows you want to know the truth about your religion and its very important especially before baptism,when you finally make an agreement with GOD(TETRAGRAMMATON,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Judaism) (or get initiated as some religions have it).
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by pronto1(m): 12:01am On Dec 28, 2015
Azeezabiola02@gmail.com, please help me send it
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by noble2faith(m): 1:46am On Dec 28, 2015
leofab:

In my operational definition, religion is man searching for God. In contrast, christianity is God searching for man. wink young lady, I like 2 knw u beta.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by TrulyBlessed: 4:19am On Dec 28, 2015
God said my people perish for lack of knowledge. Who are God’s people? The Hebrew Israelites.
Who are the Hebrew Israelites today? 90 % don’t know who they are.

Documented research identifies Nigerian Yorubas and Ibos as part of the lost tribe of Israel. This is a start to understanding why the book of Enoch and the Apocrypha are not included in the bible. Note that Enoch was referenced in the bible by the prophets. So, if the prophets were reading the book of Enoch, why are we not reading it today?

These books clearly identify interesting information about us, our identity, who we are etc. So please ask yourself why should we not know this information and why was it removed? This is because of what they are trying hide, and who is trying to hide this? Edomites/Esau –THE WHITE MAN who compiled the bible you read, and brought it back to us in Africa as their own book after being re-written to hide our identities. Our pastors are still teaching us what they taught us in the colonial days.

Note: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, Christ and his disciples were all black. Wake up my people, do your research!!!!
https://arianasiresearch./2015/02/07/the-bantu-branch-of-africans-are-hebrew-israelites-part-i-of-ii/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Luukasz(m): 5:00am On Dec 28, 2015
bezimo:

Here it is stated in the bible.
John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth

Psalms 119:160
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever

When you know you are losing it because of the obvious truth you attempt to derail and divert focus.Thats ok.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by wordsplay(m): 6:03am On Dec 28, 2015
Abigail09:

thanks so much. I have seen it

Please can I also get the book from you? Bonybonei@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by malvisguy212: 6:39am On Dec 28, 2015
sarutobie:

herersy! when God said " in OUR own image" it is clear he was referring to more than one being. "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me"..indicates more than one being..Jesus always prayed "father let your will be done and not MINE"...indicates more than one being.
bible say " the natural man received not the thing of the spirit, to him they are foolishness"

You are a muslim, you don't understand the nature of God, even muhammed do not understand the nature of God how much more you muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dammysmart: 6:56am On Dec 28, 2015
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Kylexb(m): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2015
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered
Pls can u sendito my mail also?
Speak2tomiwa@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 28, 2015
praxs:

Dont frgt to share with us after reading it.. Check ur mail
plz send to Chikehosan@gmail.com plz
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by lanreodusanya(m): 7:39am On Dec 28, 2015
Pls send me a copy lanreodusanya@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by myproperty(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2015
MicroIce:

brother, not willing to argue oh.. but may be u could shed more light on how d 39 books of the old testament now become 26 in the new testament.. are these 2 not bibles?
I am not ready to argue too. But I never knew nor heard that the 39 books of the old testament has become 26 books in the new testament. I am hearing it for the first time from you.
But what I know is that both the 39 Books of the Old Testament and 27 books of the New Testament together makes up the Bible. The Bible is divided into two parts. The Old Testament and The New Testament.
The Old Testament overlaps with the Jewish Tanakh and the Greek Septuagint while the New Testament is a collection of early Christian writings consisting of letters, narratives and apocalyptic writings

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ruuchiinaa: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2015
Please Praxs, I need a copy of the book. My Email Address is Godskingsley@gmail.com and Treasuredking@yahoo.com. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.