Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? (4722 Views)

She Has A Strong Word For The Npf And Non Ipob Supporters (video, Pics) / Buharism: Buhari Appears In The English Dictionary / INSIDE KUJE PRISON ABUJA: A Word For The Wise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by oluwafreshkid(m): 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
We all use this word on social media and IMs.
I'd like to know the English word for it.
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Unionised(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Twist-nose? grin

I think its SNARE...

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by oluwafreshkid(m): 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Unionised:
Twist-nose? grin

I think its SNARE...
Yinmu snare... grin
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Pavore9: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
Sneer.
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by kayfra: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Sneer has to do with movement of the lip. No English expression that I know for Yinmu. Smirk/Smug etc doesn't capture yinmu
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by emamos: 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Unionised:
Twist-nose? grin
I think its SNARE...
tracking device
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Kingsley10000: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
am curious
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
If yinmu doesn't have an english word for it, that means oyinbo people don't do yinmu abi? undecided smiley
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Mynd44 let's ask people on front page na
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
yinmu is yinmu.

tamba is tamba.

noga is noga (to stand on your toes)

we use our body parts more than oyinbo.

end of discussion.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
twoondei:
yinmu is yinmu.

tamba is tamba.

noga is noga (to stand on your toes)

we use our body parts more than oyinbo.

end of discussion.

That word tho. The sound of it sef fit make me puke...tamba rhymes with samba tongue
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wry is the word.
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
Aigbofa:
Wry is the word.
Close enough. cool
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
The english word for Yinmu is - Grimace. Even a primary 5 pupil should know this [No Offense].

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by fistonati(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
u try after consulting Yoruba dictionary, u wan dey pull stunts
Zoharariel:
The english word for Yinmu is - Grimace. Even a primary 5 pupil should know this [No Offense].
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by babdap: 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
fistonati:
u try after consulting Yoruba dictionary, u wan dey pull stunts
A typical Nigerian.
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by kokoA(m): 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
Any other word apart from "yimmu" will take away the sweetness that comes with the action, so I'd rather use "yimmu" as the English word for "yimmu" and keep enjoying my yimmuing grin e.g. I yimmued at her when she said Dangote's son is her boo.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
I think "grimace" and "wry" deals with twisting or turning of face or body Next person please
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by kayfra: 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Zoharariel:
Close but doesn't capture the sarcasm of Yinmu, which is the objective.
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
oluwafreshkid:
If yinmu doesn't have an english word for it, that means oyinbo people don't do yinmu abi? undecided smiley
You gat me laughing cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
kokoA:
Any other word apart from "yimmu" will take away the sweetness that comes with the action, so I'd rather use "yimmu" as the English word for "yimmu" and keep enjoying my yimmuing grin e.g. I yimmued at her when she said Dangote's son is her boo.
Hahaha
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
kokoA:
Correct Thinking ma guy... cheesy cool
Re: What Is The English Word For "Yinmu"? by oluwafreshkid(m): 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
Zoharariel:

Close enough
Grimace is a distortion of the face ;yinmu is carrying u nose up in disapproval or sarcasm.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Natonal Anthem And Coat Of Arms / Buhari Slashes Federal University Staff Salaries By Half / Acting President Osinbajo, Completes List Of Incompetent Ministers To Be Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.