Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? (907 Views)

Qatar Is Ready For "Qatar 2022" World Cup (Photos Of Stadiums) / (Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa! / Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by Osogs(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Again and again it seems there is no club in the Barclays Premier League that has the balls, neither the temerity nor the capability to lead the table except obviously Lecester city.

One would have thought that with Leicester loosing their match to Liverpool, the Arsenal match would be a no brainer for them (especially after their commanding win over Man City) with the incentive that winning the match takes them to the top of the table but amazingly yet surprisingly (tautology intended) the game was lost and to add icing to the cake it was an embarrassing 4-0 defeat!!!! What the heck?

I remember Man utd once had the opportunity to be at the top of the table but unfortunately they couldn't help themselves but to throw it to the dogs.

At this point I need to confess that if Leicester eventually wins the Barclays premier league, I will not be surprised.
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by OVI75(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
@Op,u gat my thoughts line jawee,Nd I blv dou msh of the squad of lec.city may nt be big names,BT Claudio Ranieri CNT be a write off.
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by psalmdave(m): 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
You're making it sound like Leicester city has been topping the league since 1842........talking about "OVERTHROWING".....It only applies to those in power,It's champions that get overthrown, Not league leaders for the past 2 WEEKS......I'm not talking them down, they're actually here for real business like how athletico Madrid stunned Spain....But We'll refer back to this thread when the season is over
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by Osogs(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
psalmdave:
You're making it sound like Leicester city has been topping the league since 1842........talking about "OVERTHROWING".....It only applies to those in power,It's champions that get overthrown, Not league leaders for the past 2 WEEKS......I'm not talking them down, they're actually here for real business like how athletico Madrid stunned Spain....But We'll refer back to this thread when the season is over

Okay. We shall see at the end of the season.
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by odutolasodiq(m): 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
the begining of their end at the top of the table started yesterday, I can bet my B.sc certificate they wont be in top four come march ending.... u kno why, its been long they taste defeat this season, reason they generated so much confidence that got them to this point. Besides, they aint champion like the big guns in epl (chelsea, man u, mancity who usually bounce back at crucial point in the season when they are being defeated), I ddnt mention arsenal as a big gun in the title contest not only because they hav not been a threat in the epl title race over the years, but also they dont really live up to expectation when it matters most; u should understand my argument better if u are able to tell the reason why an in-form arsenal who dusted mancity in their previous outing lost to a Southampton side who hav not won a match in their last 5 outings( lost 4, drew 1 in the process) , when they kno winning the match yesterday would hav taken them to the summit. Leicester just need 2 more defeat or 3draws in the next 3weeks and their dominance at the top of epl table would be history.
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by Osogs(m): 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
odutolasodiq:
the begining of their end at the top of the table started yesterday, I can bet my B.sc certificate they wont be in top four come march ending.... u kno why, its been long they taste defeat this season, reason they generated so much confidence that got them to this point. Besides, they aint champion like the big guns in epl (chelsea, man u, mancity who usually bounce back at crucial point in the season when they are being defeated), I ddnt mention arsenal as a big gun in the title contest not only because they hav not been a threat in the epl title race over the years, but also they dont really live up to expectation when it matters most; u should understand my argument better if u are able to tell the reason why an in-form arsenal who dusted mancity in their previous outing lost to a Southampton side who hav not won a match in their last 5 outings( lost 4, drew 1 in the process) , when they kno winning the match yesterday would hav taken them to the summit. Leicester just need 2 more defeat or 3draws in the next 3weeks and their dominance at the top of epl table would be history.

Touche. Of course if they loose their next match or some couple of matches with losses and/or draws they are going to loose that top position.

But on a second thought if that happens but the other teams refuses to win (lolz), then they will still be in the title contention. An example of this was what happened yesterday. They lost but they are still leading the table.

But with all happening I belief that when injuries kick in, they will be no where to be found due to their lack of depth.
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by odutolasodiq(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Osogs:

Touche. Of course if they loose their next match or some couple of matches with losses and/or draws they are going to loose that top position.

But on a second thought if that happens but the other teams refuses to win (lolz), then they will still be in the title contention. An example of this was what happened yesterday. They lost but they are still leading the table.

But with all happening I belief that when injuries kick in, they will be no where to be found due to their lack of depth.
" lack of depth" in ur last paragraph summarises it all.... they hav been very impressive though, but to stay in that top four,they are gonna need a better experienced attacking duo than vardy and mahrez. claudio rinery is a fantastic manager to mount title challenge for any club that employed his services, but with Leicester city, they are gonna need the whole Buddhist priest in this world to work any miracle! lolz
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by Osogs(m): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
odutolasodiq:
" lack of depth" in ur last paragraph summarises it all.... they hav been very impressive though, but to stay in that top four,they are gonna need a better experienced attacking duo than vardy and mahrez. claudio rinery is a fantastic manager to mount title challenge for any club that employed his services, but with Leicester city, they are gonna need the whole Buddhist priest in this world to work any miracle! lolz

About the Budhist priest I think they are already heeding your advice........lolz

Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by odutolasodiq(m): 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
Osogs:

About the Budhist priest I think they are already heeding your advice........lolz
lolzzz!!!
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by omojesu202(m): 5:44am On Dec 28, 2015
Osogs:

Okay. We shall see at the end of the season.
nothing for Leicester, the big boys will arrange them soon.
Re: Who Is Ready And Prepared To Overthrow Leicester City? by khattab02: 8:15am On Dec 28, 2015
At the moment it seems nobody is ready. Because nobody is consistent not even City but Arsenal looks a little bit ok. But I think Spurs are doing very well and can top the table soon. Their next three matches will tell though.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Arsenal Transfer News Today|granit Xhaka To Join Arsenal / Register Your Online Nairabet Account (online Betting Account) / Boateng Trending On Twitter For The Mischievous Hand Ball (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.