Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season (17118 Views)

If You're Looking For An Online Money Saving Platform Try This / Top Ten (10) Tv Series You Must See This September / 5 Luxury Accessories You Can Get Your Loved One This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by AleAirHub(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2015
So educative .... Coke cleaner is my favorite cheesy
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by strawberryinc(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2015
Merry Xmas
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by AOB1: 9:01am On Dec 28, 2015
Kk we don hear sad
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by AleAirHub(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2015
So educative .... Coke cleaner is my favorite cheesy
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by beejaay: 9:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Ibcdesigns:

9. Re-Using Your Cans
Apparently, You throw away your milo or malt cans after use, not knowing you can indeed put these cans to creative use, spanning from using the cans as light stoves, herb garden to using them as Recycled Aluminum Pull Tabs Jewelry or even a Beer Can Sofa. if you cannot do any of these, keep the cans for the scavengers, its definite it'll end up re-used that way.

10. Creating a Plastic Spoon Lamp

Plastic spoons are so common in Nigeria, most especially around the festivities just like this, You can put them to better use by bringing them all together to make a lamp.

Get a big bottle jar, just like the bottle of a big tasty-time, cut only the broad end with a knife, then move to the collection of spoons, cut the handle of each individual spoon and apply a tint of liquid gum at the broader end of the spoon as shown in the picture below. You can now start placing the spoon just around the tasty-time jar from bottom to top making sure that each spoon placed overlaps each other as you move towards the hollow neck, leave it to dry, then get a bulb (Bulb color as you wish) with a lamp holder on a vertical support. Cover the bulb with the dried firm spoon catologue. there you have it. Your Own Plastic Spoon Lamp.

I wrote this article with a bid to share really interesting things you could lay your hands on while idle, nobody is an island of knowledge or creativity, its all about critical thinking and practice, Cheers to the new creative buddy reading this.

Article by Aderemi Ibrahim Tunde.
Creative Director, IBCdesigns
www.ibcdesigns.com
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by bidex584(f): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Wow...!! xo nyc
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Princecalm(m): 9:03am On Dec 28, 2015
my mind on the last tip .
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by RedCapChief(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
That shoe part, I am trying it now. One of my sneakers smell so bad even after airing it.
Aha! I knew those your sneakers were stinky cheesy
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by pimpinlala(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Alanjeffy:

end time assignment

end time tea bag

end time zip

end time okirika pick ur size

end time mods

end time wailers wailing abt the end time members should never quote me..

You are sick

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Marv650(m): 9:08am On Dec 28, 2015
This is marvelous smiley good work sir
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by henrygoody(m): 9:08am On Dec 28, 2015
Wow, this are lovely nice.
I'm gonna try them out
But the plastic light is so dam fucking pretty. grin
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Valentine73(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Seen these and more on 'MyConfusedindianFriend' (facebook). Good of you to share Op
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by viktor01(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2015
I LIKE THIS. QUITE EDUCATIVE
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by slinkman(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2015
knowledge
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by wilybebsy(m): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2015
God please i need new phone. Can't even see the picturessadsad

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Chazzyboy: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2015
Ibcdesigns:
Good day Nairalanders, with all sense of humility, i'd like to share with you twelve casual ways to be creative with stuffs around you this festive. Happy Viewing...

1. Use a spring from your old pen to protect your charger from bending or breaking.

Have you been wondering what the spring of an old pen could be used to do? Or wondering how to prevent your charger from breaking just at the charging neck? Using the spring as a stability structure for your charger is not a bad idea since the diameter of most cables are equivalent to the inner diameter of the spring, its a win win.

2. Putting a dry tea bag in smelly shoes.

Tea seems not to be the only product of a tea bag, Moisture is the property that makes your shoe smell, the ability of a teabag to absorb odor via moisture cannot be over-emphasized. You simply take the tea bags after using them for tea, dry them out then put them near the toes on the sole of the shoe. This works great in tennis shoes or any shoe that absorbs moisture that has a bad smell. Try it out! You can also take any peel from a citrus fruit such as an orange, grapefruit, lime or lemon and put that peel in the shoe as well and leave it in overnight. Take it out in the morning and see how that changes the smell of your shoe.

3. Getting More Space In The Microwave

This is indeed a conservative method, and as an environmental engineer, i see this as one of the fast ways to ensure cleaner production in reducing total power utilization. Now back to the gist, my microwave at home has a space width of 3 inches, that means i cannot conveniently put two plates of at least 2inches each at once, this method mitigates that. Look for a tin with a lesser diameter and height (Not lesser than what can carry your second plate), then place the second plate on the tin. Since the microwave works on a rotating principle, the rotation on the tin is transferred to the plate and space is conserved.

4. Using Your Egg Crate To Cool Your Laptop as a Laptop Fan

A laptop fan in ibadan starts from 3k5, you don't have the money to buy one now but your laptop would not stop overheating most especially when you place it on a flat surface, an egg crate could come to your aid. Almost all households have an eggcrate in the kitchen, pick it up and clean it, place it calmly on the flat surface or your bed, then put your laptop on it, the egg crate does two things intermittently, its made of composites which are insulating (repels heat) in property, and it give space for aeration (air flow). After knowing this, i hope u'll still use ur crates for eggs oooo. hahahhahaha...

brother u know too much thanks teach me more

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by humeehjay(f): 9:47am On Dec 28, 2015
wooow.....interesting :
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Zeevah: 9:48am On Dec 28, 2015
Cool
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by fabulurs: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Its quite interesting... I have always loved to read from nairaland.
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by samuelezekiel(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2015
Creative indeed...this is business, it jus needs a little repackaging... Thanks OP...
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 28, 2015
Wow nice one op
Definitely going to try the spring and charger.. Might save money replacing it all the time .
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by ogaprime(m): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2015
For smelly shoes, I use camphor. I place it into my shoes 24/7 even when I am wearing it...
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 10:23am On Dec 28, 2015
I have tried the key holder and button. Works well.
On to spring and charger.
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by edmarknetwork: 10:28am On Dec 28, 2015
I knew all these coke is poison,including other carbonated drinks. Op,thanks.Wish I can try the spoon light-so lovely,but I have tight schedule
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Revolva(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Santa rollin d weed...Santa is a dope dealer lol

Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Ibcdesigns(m): 10:51am On Dec 28, 2015
Meeloreh:
Very creative, very very. But have you tried all that? Cuz I'll start my own today
Tried some though. Thanks bro
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Ibcdesigns(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2015
Freemanan:
ENLIGHTENING

Since its not Toke Makinwa and its not how a guy used a girl and married her mother's cousin, the traffic will be low here.... #Shame
you feel my pain bro. Thanks
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Ibcdesigns(m): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Meeloreh:
Very creative, very very. But have you tried all that? Cuz I'll start my own today
not all bro. Buh it will be creative to av u try some.
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Ibcdesigns(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2015
deekaybeatz:
God bless you brother. Am definitely going to try out one if not all today
Cheers baba
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Ibcdesigns(m): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2015
Marv650:
This is marvelous smiley good work sir
Thanks my brother
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Ibcdesigns(m): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2015
henrygoody:
Wow, this are lovely nice.
I'm gonna try them out
But the plastic light is so dam fucking pretty. grin
am telling u bro. Tried that already though
Re: Ten (10) Creative Things To Try This Season by Ibcdesigns(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2015
Valentine73:
Seen these and more on 'MyConfusedindianFriend' (facebook). Good of you to share Op
ye. The pictures credit goes to them. Buh i compiled the messages behind all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Advised Atiku, Tinubu To Step Down For Younger Generation" - Wole Soyinka / Pidgin English "chyking" Lines You've Used Or Heard (strictly Pidgin) / Funny Phrases Used In Nigerian Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.