Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) (27562 Views)

Nairaland Music Artist Drops a new track / This Is For Nairaland Music Section To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
llaykorn:

Wow! This is something else. You're a star, brother! Are you Joe Thomas' twin brother? undecided

I honestly do not think I can hold a candle to Joe thomas. But I am honoured at the comparison. I struggled a bit on that cover due to some high notes which my vocal chords hadnt fully opened up to yet but I tried sha and pushed through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I just did this for fun plus because I have a competitive spirit. I dont do music like that anymore. I used to back in school but right now its used in church and for fun.
So you don't wanna promote your songs?
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
So you don't wanna promote your songs?

90% of my songs are gospels which I wrote down and performed some on the spur of the moment. The rest are neo soul as I love slow inspirational tracks so I really dont know about promoting anything because I have my hands full with other stuff right now. So I really dont know.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:

90% of my songs are gospels which I wrote down and performed some on the spur of the moment. The rest are neo soul as I love slow inspirational tracks so I really dont know about promoting anything because I have my hands full with other stuff right now. So I really dont know.
Hmmm. . . You've got an awesome talent. You shouldn't let it die just like that. Even God will be angry with you, if you let that happen. Though you said you do Gospel in church. That isn't enough! You need to promote your songs. Cos even gospel musicians need a wider audience to win souls for Christ. You don't have to limit yourself to your church. Go ye unto the world and spread the Gospel with your music ministry. I'd advice you to start promoting your songs bro. Don't be limited.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Hmmm. . . You've got an awesome talent. You shouldn't let it die just like that. Even God will be angry with you, if you let that happen. Though you said you do Gospel in church. That isn't enough! You need to promote your songs. Cos even gospel musicians need a wider audience to win souls for Christ. You don't have to limit yourself to your church. Go ye unto the world and spread the Gospel with your music ministry. I'd advice you to start promoting your songs bro. Don't be limited.

I hear you and will give it serious thought. I am.indeed grateful for the vote of confidence
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 12:32am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I hear you and will give it serious thought. I am.indeed grateful for the vote of confidence
You're very much welcome. cheesy
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 30, 2015
GIYAZZ:
You're very much welcome. cheesy

Right now I am working on a cover for a one direction and a Rihanna song. Will consider posting it in the morning. Cheers
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by llaykorn: 12:39am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Right now I am working on a cover for a one direction and a Rihanna song. Will consider posting it in the morning. Cheers

Tag me when you do, please.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 12:59am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Anticipating. . .
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Fynestboi: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:
I never quit. I decided to get super karaoke and ujam and then I did a cover for sias chandelier using an attached mic to my laptop and an equalizer

Rate it pls

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/65c4d197

cc GIYAZZ and lalaboiy

This one na studio na tongue
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by lalaboi(m): 8:24am On Dec 30, 2015
Nephdaniels:
And who is this lalaboi sef...mtchewww...Bros go sleep,u sabi sing na e u neva b judge 4 d voice....wetin u no about song and voice quality.... Rubbish

Word of advice

"The people who accept criticism are the ones who are genuinely interested in self improvement"

Stay humble and dont just like the good feedback and disregard the bad feedbacks. who that one don hepp?

I'm just here to contribute to the thread, nothing more. ciao
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Aminat508(f): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Fynestboi:

This one na studio na tongue
cheesy I love the song @ naijadeyhia u try.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by MoNickk(f): 8:29am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Good killer or bad killer smiley
the good kind.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by MoNickk(f): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2015
joywendy!!!!u can really sing.

1 Like

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Fynestboi: 8:46am On Dec 30, 2015
Aminat508:
cheesy I love the song @ naijadeyhia u try.

Not the song me like though, I love the voice and how he could maintain such pitch... Make sense e.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Aminat508(f): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2015
Fynestboi:

Not the song me like though, I love the voice and how he could maintain such pitch... Make sense e.
cheesy cheesy oyaa waiting for yours too cheesy cheesy
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2015
These are the other 2 covers I worked on early hours of this morning.

One directions story of my life

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/b5e019d5

Rihannas stay

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/827134a3

I did both slower than the actual thing because I like it that way.

cc llaykorn and GIYAZZ

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Maximus85(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2015
lalaboi:

Guy. . . Abeg dont sing again.

Its not special. You gottabe be humble even if you got talent. 5/10

We can barely hear what you're singing about. . . Get well soon. . . you have a nice voice tho 6/10

Thank you sir. I sing for the fun of it. I never intended making anything out of it.
But just maybe you can show us your own "special" piece, let's listen.
You also have no damn right to tell someone to stop singing.

With your damaging criticism, it shows how humble you yourself are. Peace be unto you.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Aminat508(f): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Rihannas stay

cc llaykorn and GIYAZZ
shocked shocked..nice one dear.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by lalaboi(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:
I never quit. I decided to get super karaoke and ujam and then I did a cover for sias chandelier using an attached mic to my laptop and an equalizer

Rate it pls

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/65c4d197

cc GIYAZZ and lalaboiy

The beauty of a studio. whether home made or not

I think singing on a low quality voicenote app doesn't do anyone here any good to really showcase their singing skills.

This was good. Well done
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by lalaboi(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2015
fearlesschicken:

okay so because he is the number one music blogger and what not he should then come up on a public forum and rate people however he likes without any proper criticism? or even a strong constructive criticism to at least show that he is well experienced in music?

please spare us the bull crap and say the truth. just rating without any proper analysis and we should accept because he's a respected musician or whatever that's just plain silly.

We wonder why the music industry is messed up when we have people who reason this way. It is very sad indeed

fearlesschicken:

its simple check his posts

eg

okay. 7/10

you can sing 8/10

average voice 6/10

in the case of neph don't spoil the darn song 3/10

please in all this where is the constructive criticism? what is the basis for the rating given above? how would you just give a rating with no justifiable reason or even an encouragement to help the singers with their voices?

And you believe that is fair and the singers should just accept because he is well known and experienced?

how would you feel if you were to watch X factor and after a performance Simon cowell the judge says 'okay 3/10 Next!" without any constructive criticism to let the performer know what went wrong. Be honest how would you view Simon? would you tell the performer to accept such because simon is an experienced person? of course not! You would say he's too harsh or wicked esp. if the performer performed well according to your own judgement. You would probably appreciate his comment more if he were to give reasons for is low rating and not base it on him being experienced and whatever.

Do you now get the gist?

1. Just because someone says i am something that didnt come out of my keyboard does not mean i should be persecuted for it. Giyazz no doubt over exaggerated what i do now and used to do on here.

2. I saw this thread late before my closing time i work and decided to do a quick run through of all the voice notes and give a quick rating. if you check the times of my posts you would notice they were between 4:30 - 5:30pm. Who wants to stay at work on the 29th December to be on nairaland? I was only supporting the nice initiative of a thread by downloading all the voice Notes and rating.
The fact that i didn't give an 'expert' view on the voice notes means i should not rate how i wish to? If you go to auditions, you will get a yes or a no in most cases so why is me giving a rating to cut things short a problem or should be disregarded? Its like choosing which votes to accept and which to reject in a poll because its convenient.

3. I believe none of you is getting paid for this and most of you just want to have fun and see what comes out of it. Keep that mindset and don't expect much, see it as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

4. Unless i read the rules of the thread wrongly, it said "Upload a VN of yourself singing, and let us rate, (it didnt say give an expert opinion). Lets have Fun Fun Fun". .So why so serious?
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by lalaboi(m): 10:33am On Dec 30, 2015
Maximus85:

Thank you sir. I sing for the fun of it. I never intended making anything out of it.
But just maybe you can show us your own "special" piece, let's listen.
You also have no damn right to tell someone to stop singing.

With your damaging criticism, it shows how humble you yourself are. Peace be unto you.

Damaging criticism? If someone cannot sing, tell it to their face. it is being honest. I am sorry i will not encourage mediocrity. I used to think i was a rapper, i did rap battles, i did tracks. . fact is, i was whack and my family members thought i was the next best thing since agege bread. If i had listened to them i would have been a failed artiste (Fact) by now chasing a lost dream.

I told you it was not special because you already told us you we would not regret downloading your VN. i am sorry but i expected more from such boastful person. YOUR VN was not SPECIAL. deal with it.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 30, 2015
lalaboi:

The beauty of a studio. whether home made or not

I think singing on a low quality voicenote app doesn't do anyone here any good to really showcase their singing skills.

This was good. Well done

Awesome! Thanks for the appraisal

1 Like

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by lalaboi(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2015
LordNicvuitton:

Cc: Giyazz and lalaboiy This is my new upload link:

http://en.file-upload.net/download-11164059/nicotine_ifunanya.mp3.html

Pls I need d opinion of music gurus in d house

Let me just say. . It is not very likeable.

It did not sound well and you did not flow well. Needs a lot of improvement.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Maximus85(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2015
lalaboi:

Damaging criticism? If someone cannot sing, tell it to their face. it is being honest. I am sorry i will not encourage mediocrity. I used to think i was a rapper, i did rap battles, i did tracks. . fact is, i was whack and my family members thought i was the next best thing since agege bread. If i had listened to them i would have been a failed artiste (Fact) by now chasing a lost dream.

I told you it was not special because you already told us you we would not regret downloading your VN. i am sorry but i expected more from such boastful person. YOUR VN was not SPECIAL. deal with it.

OK, dyU regret downloading my VN?

That you're wack doesn't mean others are.

What if I've said I was 100% sure you won't regret downloading? You would have removed my head?
Let us hear what you can do.
I don't criticise someone who can do something better than me. It's called jealousy or envy as the case maybe.

Don't be a coward.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by lalaboi(m): 10:55am On Dec 30, 2015
I'm jealous and a coward for giving a rating?

no wahala. no need to stress much over nothing.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Maximus85(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2015
lalaboi:

1. Just because someone says i am something that didnt come out of my keyboard does not mean i should be persecuted for it. Giyazz no doubt over exaggerated what i do now and used to do on here.

2. I saw this thread late before my closing time i work and decided to do a quick run through of all the voice notes and give a quick rating. if you check the times of my posts you would notice they were between 4:30 - 5:30pm. Who wants to stay at work on the 29th December to be on nairaland? I was only supporting the nice initiative of a thread by downloading all the voice Notes and rating.
The fact that i didn't give an 'expert' view on the voice notes means i should not rate how i wish to? If you go to auditions, you will get a yes or a no in most cases so why is me giving a rating to cut things short a problem or should be disregarded? Its like choosing which votes to accept and which to reject in a poll because its convenient.

3. I believe none of you is getting paid for this and most of you just want to have fun and see what comes out of it. Keep that mindset and don't expect much, see it as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

4. Unless i read the rules of the thread wrongly, it said "Upload a VN of yourself singing, and let us rate, (it didnt say give an expert opinion). Lets have Fun Fun Fun". .So why so serious?

We have heard you sir. Please give us your own VN so we can rate sir.

Some people are musically deaf sha. They are the type that thinks Tonto Dike sings better than Mariah Carey. Smh
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2015
Abeg e don do na. My belle wan tear here grin

It's all part of the fun though. Last year's arguments and disses were more bloody. Una never argue sef, Last year, people recorded diss songs just to "destroy" the other on here, for calling their Voice notes wack . Lmao! it was so hilarious!!

Una just dey do practice self. gringrin
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:37am On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Rihannas stay

cc llaykorn and GIYAZZ
Now dude. It's official, you're so good. I just can't find any fault in your songs. Even with the fact that it's a studio work, I still hear the genuine sweetness in your voice. No autotune and some other shít. You're very very good. Got me wishing I knew how to sing. Bro, keep this ↑. Don't let nobody make you stop getting better. Keep up with this path genuinely and you will go places. You're awesome!
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Now dude. It's official, you're so good. I just can't find any fault in your songs. Even with the fact that it's a studio work, I still hear the genuine sweetness in your voice. No autotune and some other shít. You're very very good. Got me wishing I knew how to sing. Bro, keep this ↑. Don't let nobody make you stop getting better. Keep up with this path genuinely and you will go places. You're awesome!

I actually started off as a rapper back in school but fell in love with boys to men so started singing and gradually lost interest in rap. Particularly loved slow songs as they allow one to explore. Joined saphire stones, a singing group under believers love world and learned so much from one of them who could do anything boys to men could do. In church I focus on worship songs obviously because most of them are slow.

Right now though my voice feels hoarse. ..effects of night singing in harmattan and some of those high notes.

I appreciate all your comments and just might get a single out for fun.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I actually started off as a rapper back in school but fell in love with boys to men so started singing and gradually lost interest in rap. Particularly loved slow songs as they allow one to explore. Joined saphire stones, a singing group under believers love world and learned so much from one of them who could do anything boys to men could do. In church I focus on worship songs obviously because most of them are slow.

Right now though my voice feels hoarse. ..effects of night singing in harmattan and some of those high notes.

I appreciate all your comments and just might get a single out for fun.
Wow. Nice one. You attend Christembassy too? cheesy
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Wow. Nice one. You attend Christembassy too? cheesy

Nope! Left Christ embassy a long time ago. The brief period I was part of them was for 2yrs during my Poly days. Left them even while still in Poly. Lifestyle differences...lol. Meaning I did not like their lifestyle while on campus. So much was being allowed to happen which I felt wasnt right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

10 Most Watched Nigerian Youtube Music Videos Ever / Amy Winehouse Is Dead / One Or More Lines Of A Song U're Feelin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.