Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo (4558 Views)

I Need Toyota Carina E / My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire / Please Help Ooo Its My Carina E Again Ooo resolved/updated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by tutudame(m): 12:32am On Jul 15, 2016
Fellas pls help me out.My carina e 2.0 engine,manual,has issues with firing.It shoots n emits black smoke while consuming so much fuel.If left to cool,it works normal for a distance b4 developing this same issue of misfiring n shooting(making a loud gunshot sound) while jerkin
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2016
tutudame:
Fellas pls help me out.My carina e 2.0 engine,manual,has issues with firing.It shoots n emits black smoke while consuming so much fuel.If left to cool,it works normal for a distance b4 developing this same issue of misfiring n shooting(making a loud gunshot sound) while jerkin

location?
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by tutudame(m): 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
I am in Port Harcourt.Choba(Uniport area) precisely.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
tutudame:
I am in Port Harcourt.Choba(Uniport area) precisely.

sadly you are not in lagos, would have fixed it for you.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by tutudame(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

sadly you are not in lagos, would have fixed it for you.
what could b wrong with it bro?Can u pls give me a hint.These mechanics are so untrustworthy I spent over 7k on Tuesday with no result.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
tutudame:

what could b wrong with it bro?Can u pls give me a hint.These mechanics are so untrustworthy I spent over 7k on Tuesday with no result.

for cars like yours, it's not straight forward, a lot of diagnosis is required. You will need experienced trust worthy hands that are ready to fix older vehicles (not every tech wants to fix older cars) try this guy in PH he might take your job. He is expensive but will get the job done. +234 803 312 3865 ( digital car soutions)

1 Like

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by segemafia(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hello House,

I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Gallant which i bought in January,and i notice that the car RPM immediately drops anytime i put On the AC or the engine could also go off,the Throttle Body has been cleaned and serviced,the fuel Pump and filter has been changed.So anytime this happens my mechanic always change the spark plugs and they are telling me that the car engine is burning the plugs because it is old,The Mileage of the car is about 160k plus The Mechanic is also advising me to buy a new engine or Overhaul this current own if i want the Issue resolved permanently.

Another thing i also noticed is that in the morning or anytime i park the car for a very long period of time,i have to make sure i press the gas to warm the temperature up properly or else the car would keep stalling,and if i don't raise it immediately i turn on the ignition the engine would keep going off by itself.

Please all the experts in the house Gazzuzz,Mayor2013, i need your help on this so as to avoid wasting money unneccessarily.

NB: I have been changing spark plugs almost on a monthly basis since this started.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
segemafia:
Hello House,

I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Gallant which i bought in January,and i notice that the car RPM immediately drops anytime i put On the AC or the engine could also go off,the Throttle Body has been cleaned and serviced,the fuel Pump and filter has been changed.So anytime this happens my mechanic always change the spark plugs and they are telling me that the car engine is burning the plugs because it is old,The Mileage of the car is about 160k plus The Mechanic is also advising me to buy a new engine or Overhaul this current own if i want the Issue resolved permanently.

Another thing i also noticed is that in the morning or anytime i park the car for a very long period of time,i have to make sure i press the gas to warm the temperature up properly or else the car would keep stalling,and if i don't raise it immediately i turn on the ignition the engine would keep going off by itself.

Please all the experts in the house Gazzuzz,Mayor2013, i need your help on this so as to avoid wasting money unneccessarily.

NB: I have been changing spark plugs almost on a monthly basis since this started.
Scan the car na.
I'm suspecting dirty MAF sensor or bad throttle body actuator though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Installing Bull Bars On Suvs / Car Conversion / Mercedes Benz C240 4matic 2004model Versus Honda Accord 2008model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.