Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage (20270 Views)

Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport / Gov Ajimobi Visits Burnt Plank Market, As Traders Allege Sabotage - Photos / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by Rossikk(m): 2:18am On Dec 30, 2015
obailala:
The real question nobody always asks is, who is marginalizing the Igbos?

A little diligence would reaveal that it is an Igbo man or woman that cornered the funds meant to buy that airport bus. But the way in which the mindset of a large population of igbos have been configured to always put the blame on others is mind boggling.

Thank you very much. It was not an Hausa man that cornered that money.

It was not a Yoruba man.

It was definitely an Igbo man (likely more than one) who cornered that money.

He might even be a Biafra sympathiser, no doubt practising his looting skills for when the new republic arrives.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by jamjo: 7:19am On Dec 30, 2015
arresa:

Sadly, this is always the case. Paranoia and playing victim is like a communal and favorite pastime.

When Lagos state deported people from the east, they screamed and yelled and turned it into some kind of staged campaign against them when in fact that action was not limited to the east, folks from other states were deported for the same reasons with zero complaints from those state.

I remember Peter Obi leading the tribalism charged, but he failed to admit to his people that he was notified by the Lagos state government about his people and to make arrangements for them to be returned back home. When leaders fail, they point fingers and blame other people, they sweep their faults under tribalism and us against them.

They love to blame the FG for everything as if their own leaders are never part of the same government, as if they don't have governors, as of their states doesn't collect taxes and allocations like the rest of Nigeria.

The sad part is the so called next generation who are content and always eager to to riddle and abuse other people and developments in other states and never their own docile and unproductive leaders.

It's a sad shame..

Where in the world have you seen or heard that a country are deporting its own citizens, so why then are we one Nigeria . Whether Peter Obi knows about the planed deportation or not the was against the law no country can never deport his/her own citizen .

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by zanga420: 9:57am On Dec 30, 2015
Just as I've learnt for long, this lil chat has also confirmed these ppl's worries or better still intentional plan they believe is against them.
In sane nations(usa for instance), if one mistakenly call 911 n hang up, they call u back n can even trace ur location to be totally sure that all is well. Thats what u call diligience.
In nigeria, ur opponent or who u dislike is murdered, u stay in ur room n declare it robbery/accident or fake alarm.
In sane societies, when complaints like these are made, d authorities do due investigation n thats what these ppl are calling for but u're in ur room to know its paranoia n fake alarm. Shame!
On a second taught, who'll do d investigation, (it needs to be done anyway).
Of recent past, it was alleged that there's a plan to attack lagos(which might be logically true) n everybody rallied around, I never hear u call it paranoia, during gej administration, d sw complained of marginalisation(which might be true) I never hear u n peeps call it paranoia.
For some couple of years I decided to remove stereotype from my eyes n view happenings(both real live n online) from both sides, thanks to internet that also widened my view, I realized that no one has double standard than some folks in SW.
I also noticed we d niger-deltans are spared cos, we've not challenged u guys nor do u see us as threat, so d SE that u see as threats receives all d negativity.
Finally, d more u guys act d more its apparent why they should even paranoia (if they are). I know what I've witnessed in real life which are serious issues, let alone this online stuffs that may not matter much. Prove me wrong if u can.
Cc: obailala , arresa
Thanks for ur time anyway.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by arresa: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2015
jamjo:

Where in the world have you seen or heard that a country are deporting its own citizens, so why then are we one Nigeria . Whether Peter Obi knows about the planed deportation or not the was against the law no country can never deport his/her own citizen .

If it was against thr law, what or who stopped you and the entire region from seeking redress in any court of law.?

Fact remains that leaders in that region are incompetent and love to point fingers a over the place to hide their incompetence and lack of care....
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by obailala(m): 11:21am On Dec 30, 2015
zanga420:
Just as I've learnt for long, this lil chat has also confirmed these ppl's worries or better still intentional plan they believe is against them.
In sane nations(usa for instance), if one mistakenly call 911 n hang up, they call u back n can even trace ur location to be totally sure that all is well. Thats what u call diligience.
In nigeria, ur opponent or who u dislike is murdered, u stay in ur room n declare it robbery/accident or fake alarm.
In sane societies, when complaints like these are made, d authorities do due investigation n thats what these ppl are calling for but u're in ur room to know its paranoia n fake alarm. Shame!
On a second taught, who'll do d investigation, (it needs to be done anyway).
Of recent past, it was alleged that there's a plan to attack lagos(which might be logically true) n everybody rallied around, I never hear u call it paranoia, during gej administration, d sw complained of marginalisation(which might be true) I never hear u n peeps call it paranoia.
For some couple of years I decided to remove stereotype from my eyes n view happenings(both real live n online) from both sides, thanks to internet that also widened my view, I realized that no one has double standard than some folks in SW.
I also noticed we d niger-deltans are spared cos, we've not challenged u guys nor do u see us as threat, so d SE that u see as threats receives all d negativity.
Finally, d more u guys act d more its apparent why they should even paranoia (if they are). I know what I've witnessed in real life which are serious issues, let alone this online stuffs that may not matter much. Prove me wrong if u can.
Cc: obailala , arresa
Thanks for ur time anyway.
First of all, I am from the SE so I am speaking as an insider. While growing up, my mentality was molded by my parents and my environment to believe in these things that Igbos are always targeted by every other Nigerian tribe (not just Hausa and Yoruba). I was brought up to believe that everything wrong I see in the SE is an ingeniously orchestrated plan by the rest of Nigeria to tie the Igbos down. But then after growing up and asking myself and people around certain questions, I realised that most of the things we accused others of are actually self inflicted problems.

There is no doubt that after the war, Igbos have suffered some form of persecution in Nigeria and Igbos have a right to be paranoid, it is something that always happens after a war. However, this paranoia has eaten too deep into the psyche of an average Igboman and the effects have become ridiculous. Greedy politicians have also not helped matters, whenever their greed gets on the way of their performance and they fail, they easily manipulate the general paranoia of the people and claim it was persecution and sabotage by other tribes. However if a painstaking investigation is conducted, you would realise that most of the problems faced in the SE today are a result of the kind of unpatriotic and rogue leaders we always produce.

Meanwhile, Nnamdi kanu acknowledged this leadership deficiency however he strangely went ahead to also shift the blame; he alleged that all leaders in the SE are chosen by northerners and SW and that once a leader starts being good, the northerners and SW would plot to remove him. He specifically cited the case of Ngige as the anambra governor, he alleged that the north and SW plotted and removed ngige when they found out he was being a very effective governor (I can show you the exact video where Kanu made this remark). How ridiculous can the reasoning of a people be?.... The last time I remember, anambra people refused to vote ngige as governor because they specifically accused him of being in a 'Yoruba Party' ACN but now the blame is on the north and SW?

Unfortunately, Igbos have woefully failed to see through this veil of deceit by dubious leaders, there is hardly any issue faced in the SE that is not attributed to northerners and southwesterners now (SS has carefully been excluded from these blames lately because the secessionists obviously want to rope the SS into Biafra). That a common shuttle bus is absent in an airport and it is attributed to sabotage by northerners / southwesterners speaks volumes of the point I'm trying to make. I can bet my life that GEJ through his aviation minister Stella Oduah must have approved funds for the purchase of that shuttle bus but someone within that Enugu airport management, an Igbo son must have either misappropriated the funds or stolen it outright. Sadly in the same paranoid manner of alwayd shiftingblame outside, the SE stakeholders instead of investigating within have automatically concluded it is sabotage from SW and north, they simply know it is what Igbos want to hear and what Igbos would quickly believe so they easily manipulate the gullibility of the people and divert attention from their crimes.

Regarding your analogy about people dialling 911 in the US and the authorities investigating and wven calling back to ensure all if fine, why dont you go to the US and dial 911 several times on false emergencies, you will not only be ignored the next time but you would also be prosecuted and fined heavily.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by zanga420: 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
obailala:
First of all, I am from the SE so I am speaking as an insider. While growing up, my mentality was molded by my parents and my environment to believe in these things that Igbos are always targeted by every other Nigerian tribe (not just Hausa and Yoruba). I was brought up to believe that everything wrong I see in the SE is an ingeniously orchestrated plan by the rest of Nigeria to tie the Igbos down. But then after growing up and asking myself and people around certain questions, I realised that most of the things we accused others of are actually self inflicted problems.

There is no doubt that after the war, Igbos have suffered some form of persecution in Nigeria and Igbos have a right to be paranoid, it is something that always happens after a war. However, this paranoia has eaten too deep into the psyche of an average Igboman and the effects have become ridiculous. Greedy politicians have also not helped matters, whenever their greed gets on the way of their performance and they fail, they easily manipulate the general paranoia of the people and claim it was persecution and sabotage by other tribes. However if a painstaking investigation is conducted, you would realise that most of the problems faced in the SE today are a result of the kind of unpatriotic and rogue leaders we always produce.

Meanwhile, Nnamdi kanu acknowledged this leadership deficiency however he strangely went ahead to also shift the blame; he alleged that all leaders in the SE are chosen by northerners and SW and that once a leader starts being good, the northerners and SW would plot to remove him. He specifically cited the case of Ngige as the anambra governor, he alleged that the north and SW plotted and removed ngige when they found out he was being a very effective governor (I can show you the exact video where Kanu made this remark). How ridiculous can the reasoning of a people be?.... The last time I remember, anambra people refused to vote ngige as governor because they specifically accused him of being in a 'Yoruba Party' ACN but now the blame is on the north and SW?

Unfortunately, Igbos have woefully failed to see through this veil of deceit by dubious leaders, there is hardly any issue faced in the SE that is not attributed to northerners and southwesterners now (SS has carefully been excluded from these blames lately because the secessionists obviously want to rope the SS into Biafra). That a common shuttle bus is absent in an airport and it is attributed to sabotage by northerners / southwesterners speaks volumes of the point I'm trying to make. I can bet my life that GEJ through his aviation minister Stella Oduah must have approved funds for the purchase of that shuttle bus but someone within that Enugu airport management, an Igbo son must have either misappropriated the funds or stolen it outright. Sadly in the same paranoid manner of alwayd shiftingblame outside, the SE stakeholders instead of investigating within have automatically concluded it is sabotage from SW and north, they simply know it is what Igbos want to hear and what Igbos would quickly believe so they easily manipulate the gullibility of the people and divert attention from their crimes.

Regarding your analogy about people dialling 911 in the US and the authorities investigating and wven calling back to ensure all if fine, why dont you go to the US and dial 911 several times on false emergencies, you will not only be ignored the next time but you would also be prosecuted and fined heavily.
as u said that u're from d SE case closed. Can anyone cry more than d bereaved.
Then as par d investigation, why dont d authorities thoroughly investigate d allegation then prosecute d whistle blowers for fake alarm.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by obailala(m): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
zanga420:
as u said that u're from d SE case closed. Can anyone cry more than d bereaved.
Then as par d investigation, why dont d authorities thoroughly investigate d allegation then prosecute d whistle blowers for fake alarm.
It favours the authorities, it's actually the leaders who deceive and manipulate the people with these heresies in order to conceal their criminal ineptitude and greed. For instance in the case of this airport shuttle, the focus has tactically been shifted from the real culprits; instead of the people investigating what may have happened to whatever money was budgeted for the bus, the focus of everyone has been conviniently shifted to accusing other tribes for this problem even as the real culprits smile to the bank. This has always been the case in Africa for too long.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by mikolo80: 6:26am On Dec 31, 2015
Beremx:
Does it mean Stella Oduah didn't buy shuttle buses for the Airport?

You see one thing i hate about those hyping Oduah? They made us feel she did a lot for the Airport when she actually didn't do much.

Too bad!
but when we were Saying it y'all thought it was tribalism
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by mikolo80: 6:30am On Dec 31, 2015
asorocker:

There is a difference between having a federal government office and a federal government investment.

That same AIIA in its water logged state is still far much more busier than all the airports in the south west states of Oyo, Ondo, Kwara combined except the MMA, the east asked for a deep sea port in Rivers , bayelsa. cross rivers or akwai ibom which will enable Aba manufacturers ,Nnewi and Onitsha businesses to export their products and import raw materials , machinery . chemicals etc
they obviously didn't take it serious when their man was there. oyo ondo and kwara not international airports so you cannot compare. if they were you would see differently
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by mikolo80: 6:31am On Dec 31, 2015
asorocker:

what on earth stops the east from taking over this Airport and turning it into an Aviation Hub a Boing 747 can be leased from a leasing company or out rightly bought for between $24 M to $400 M and weekly trips to London, Dubai , China, South Africa can be done , while Local Trips to other airports in Nigeria will also be done.

Most igbos all over the world will prefer flying the eastern airline than any other airline, The igbos built imo airport single handedly and shoudl take it back from the Federal Government which they handed over the Airport in the 80s during the military rule.

Igbo Nation with more than 45 million wel travelled population can run a very good airline and use Enugu and Owerri as ist hub just like emirates has Dubai airport as its hub and Etihad has Doha Airports as its hub
every state wants international airport
Re: Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage by abacrested(f): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2015
Making Enugu an international airport Was a nightmare to them in the first place.
Gradually they will wind it down with frivolous excuses meanwhile that airport is busier than all airports in South West combined excluding MM2, I couldn't find a return ticket from Dec 8th till 24 for you to see how busy the airport was during xmass. The only good legacy Gej left for the southeast is been destroyed on the alter of politics and some blind ibos will not see it because they don't know how important the airport is because they don't make use of it, one one day you might need it and you will realize what good legacy that was . The last time I used the same airport, it was horrible, customs will harass the hail out you, immigration so unprofessional and boring, .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Feyisetan Fayose Distributes Delivery Kits To Pregnant Women (Photos) / Femi Fani-kayode Shares Photos Of His Triplets To Mark Father's Day / Nigeria Shell Employees Causing Oil Leaks For Profit - Dutch TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.