Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327584 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 05, 2009
Lol, everyday na excercise.
My campus is huge, it can take me 30-45 mins speed walking from one class to another. Thank God for those RTS embarassed

T/R, around 2-3 pm, go to my school gym w/ a friend to exercise: play tennis, racket ball, recreational sport, etc.

A walk on campus. about one hr (mostly to check out those muscles/biceps kiss grin).

School activities help undecided Like traditional keepers, Gatormania, etc.

Food, I eat anytime I want grin grin

Do I want to lose weight. *shrugs shoulder* I don't know undecided
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2009
4th July(Saturday)
Exercise - nil

B/fast - 5 slices of bread,fried egg and tea embarassed
Lunch - nil
Dinner - a bit of moin moin, custard and 2 slices of bread embarassed
Snacks - some g-nut, soaked ijebu garri, 2 slices of bread and 3 pcs of meat cry

Water - less than 1.5L

Not one of my good days.

3rd July(Friday)
Exercise - none cry
B/fast - J/rice, smoked fish and 1 banana
Lunch - 1 chicken pie, veg salad and 35oml yoghurt
Dinner - J/rice,smoked fish and 2 bananas

Water - approx 2L
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by carpediem1(f): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2009
Posting a bit early today, did the almighty weigh in today and my weight remained the same! 79kg (I AM NOT HAPPY) lol

@ trim or anyone could you look at my weekly intake and see if I went wrong somewhere this week. apart from the chocolate cake embarassed

Exercise
run/walk 8km

Food
Breakfast 2 sausages 2 boiled eggs

Lunch
small salad (cucumber, iceberg lettuce, sundried tomatoes) with 2 small slices of smoked salmon

Dinner
Will have a whey protein shake

Water
so far about 3 litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by trimandtrendy(f): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ carpediem, firstly, would want to ask if you on your monthly period, or about to see it, cos the body usually accumulates water during this period, causing an increase in body weight. Also other emotional and stress factors cause increase secretion of cortisol which might cause a slight water retention.

Secondly, your diets were okay, except for the chocolate cake, fizzy drinks like coke too, and your barbeque day. Also you skipeed exercising for like two days.

I would advise you keep up for another week though, try to avoid the fizzy drinks, and exercise each day, no matter how small. Please dont feel too bad, just see this as a determination to work harder to your goal.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amosexy: 3:01am On Jul 06, 2009
Exercise : none cos  I gat cramps still

Breakfast : Oatmeal
lunch : Rice and cowleg
Dinner: An apple

Water : 1.5L
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2009
dying of cramps,did nothing except dacing for like 4 days now.
checked my weight,height and BMI(body mass index)
weight:63kg(HalleluJah  cheesy i added 1kg)
height:1.8M
BMI=19.4  embarassed
whats BMI?how do i calculate my BMI?what are the benefits of BMI?
www.cosmeticsurgeryconsultants.co.uk/obesity-what-is-bmi.htm
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
Exercise
Afternoon - 1000 skips, 50 squats
Evening - 500 skips

Food
B/fast - 3 slices of bread and butter embarassed and a cup of tea
Lunch - small rice and stew with dodo and 1 pc of meat
Dinner - Beans and boiled plantain

Water - 3.5L
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by carpediem1(f): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ trim, thanks it's not my time of the month or near yet, will be more careful with my food this week & exercise more
exercise
run/walk 6km, dumbbell strength workout,

food
breakfast chocolate whey protein shake
lunch chicken salad
dinner omelette (2 eggs)
water 3 litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amosexy: 2:27am On Jul 07, 2009
Exercise : 500 skips,50 squats,50 press ups,20 sit ups.

Breakfast : cereal (100% fiber) , just little milk (skim milk 2%) and no sugar
Lunch : bean/corn and dodo
Dinner : cucumber and carrot.

Water : 2L
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
06-07-2009

ok, i went jogging yesterday for the first time after a long time. My knees held up strong.

Jogging: 37 mins 16 secs
skipping: 200
crunches/abs: 100 + some other types
Bane of my life A.K.A pushups: 30
dips: 50
squats: 50

grub: , pounded yam + egusi, some roast chicken
Fruits: one whole pineapple

Liquid: 1L of Ribenna, 1/4 of apple juice 1L of water
snacks: a slice of hard dough bread, cashew nuts, peanuts
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by abimars: 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
deleted
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by trimandtrendy(f): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2009
been outta here for a while.

dint exercise today, joints swollen once again.

hope it gets bera tomoro
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amosexy: 2:59am On Jul 08, 2009
Exercise : walk/run for an hour
Afternoon 500 skips
Evening 50 press ups
50 squats

Breakfast : Boiled plantain and vegetable stew

Lunch: A medium bowl of lettuce(no dressing), strawberries and Oranges

Dinner : A whole tillapia fish

Water : 2L
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by carpediem1(f): 8:50am On Jul 08, 2009
Exercise
I’m taking things up a notch exercisewise so on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I’m doing the 100 push up program http://hundredpushups.com/  the 200 sit up program http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ and the 200 squats program. They are programs to get you to gradually increase your strength training over 6 weeks to be able to do 100 push ups, 200 sit ups and 200 squats http://www.twohundredsquats.com/
So today which was day 1 for all programs I did
Push ups: 12
Sit ups: 38
Squats: 18
Cardio: Run/walk 6 km

Food
Breakfast: Raspberry whey protein shake
Lunch: Nandos chicken (quarter) small salad no dressing
Dinner: beef stir fry
Water 3 litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uchey(f): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2009
Excercise:Morning: 30mins jog on an eccliptical trainer, Aerobics with dumbells 20 mins
Nite: Jogged on an eccliptical trainer for 30 mins and retired to bed

Food: Breakfast Garden eggs 3, and a fistfull of groundnuts, 75cl eva water

Lunch: Beans and Dodo 1L of water

Nite : one egg and another 1L of water, and a portion of pineapple

But guyz, i have a problem, sometime in may wen my baby was 6 months old, i decided to do something about my weight, I weighed 85kg then, 2 months after i have only lost 3 kg and i have become demotivated again and i need help from u guyz to stay motivated,

@ trim and trendy, girl thank u soo much, i was able to get a scale and a pair of 5kg dumbells for N2500 each, m really grateful.

Carpediem, omoibo, amosexy, ejadem, ifyalways et al( and others) is anybody going thru d same, how do u stay motivated, pls help a sister out,
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2009
@ uchey, i feel you well! I haven't checked my weight since i started exercising but only cos i don't have a scale. I also don't check cos once i do and see i have lost weight,i binge. I am de-motivated. Last week i exercised for only 4 days. Yesterday i skipped just 500 but did a lot of walking around for about 4 hours. Today i haven't even tried to exercise. But i keep reading here cos it kind of motivates me.

A good way to motivate yourself is envisioning what you want to achieve. I still have the clothes i grew bigger than(i refused to buy new ones cheesy) so whenever i have to wriggle into one,i have a fresh burst of inspiration. I have a pair of shorts i had to put away cos it was so tight, now i'm wearing it with no issues at all. When i'm demotivated,i wear them to remind me how far i have come.Also i see changes in my body everyday. My waist area was straight before now it actually curves! I have decided to do some work outs this afternoon or evening which i'll post here. It's also good to set a weight goal and determine to achieve it. My weight goal is 70kg, a long way off but i'll get there even though my husband is a major saboteur to my weight loss program. You guys actually intimidate me with your meals. I hope to be like you one day. Nite : one egg and another 1L of water, and a portion of pineapple shocked shocked So help me God. cheesy

@carpe diem, thanks for the website,it's very interesting.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uchey(f): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2009
@ Ejadem, darlyn , am really grateful u took out time to reply my post.I feel a fresh burst of motivation reading this now and rite after this am going to leave my desk here and take some walk for starters and continue wen i get home, The thing is btw workin 8 to 5 and managing a family, its difficult getting time to exercise, i try to squeeze time to excercise and then its not happenening as fast as i tot it would but i will keep trying, becos hubby really wants me to lose all d baby fat, How is ur husband a major saboteur to ur weightloss efforts
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2009
uchey:

@ Ejadem, darlyn , am really grateful u took out time to reply my post.I feel a fresh burst of motivation reading this now and rite after this am going to leave my desk here and take some walk for starters and continue wen i get home, The thing is btw workin 8 to 5 and managing a family, its difficult getting time to exercise, i try to squeeze time to excercise and then its not happenening as fast as i tot it would but i will keep trying, becos hubby really wants me to lose all d baby fat, How is ur husband a major saboteur to ur weightloss efforts
No wahala dear, i have plenty time today. You just have to find time to exercise if you want to achieve your goals. Luckily for me, my hours are flexible. Oh, and i read somewhere that a woman was using her baby as dumbell,so undecided From my understanding, weight loss done the right way takes some time so chill. I have given myself 6 months to see good changes as opposed to the 1 month fix i used to look for.

My husband loves the way i am now9he likes flesh ) but i am not satisfied. I chose 70kg cos he won't allow me go back to my slim shape in my uni days, said i look malnourished there cry but that's where he first saw me cheesy. he buys cakes and chocolate biscuits for me. When i complain i'm fat, he looks and says he doesn't know why i am disturbing myself. So i decided to motivate myself especially when i could no longer fit into size 16 clothes shocked. Now i can and i want to get down to size 12 or 14 but it most be 70kg. Since your husband is urging you to lose weight please do,do it for yourself and for him. Anytime you are demotivated, holla at me cheesy and you can weigh in every sunday like trim does.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by GEW: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2009
most of you wont have much problem with weight if you drop oily foods and stopped eating from 6pm.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by carpediem1(f): 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2009
@ Uchey I'm with Edjadmen on this one, just visualising how I'll look at my target weight is great motivation for me, I took mine a step further and used a website where if you upload your current picture and tell them how many pounds you want to lose they will edit the picture to show the weight loss and send it back to you, lol, and its free. its on my phone, on my fridge, my wardrobe basically all over the house.

@ trim hope you feel better

Exercise
run/walk 5km

Strength training: I found this really cool website with very good descriptions & images of the exercises being performed. I did two sets of 10 reps for each,  it took about 45 minutes, I'll be doing this on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays
Dumbbell Straight Leg Dead lift http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Hamstrings/DBStraightLegDeadlift.html
Dumbbell Lunge http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBLunge.html
Dumbbell Single Leg Calf Raise http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Gastrocnemius/DBSingleLegCalfRaise.html
Dumbbell Bent-over Row http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/DBBentOverRow.html
Dumbbell Lateral Raise http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidLateral/DBLateralRaise.html
Dumbbell Front Raise http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/DBFrontRaise.html
Dumbbell Curl http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/DBCurl.html
Dumbbell Kickback http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/DBKickback.html
Dumbbell Push Crunch http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/RectusAbdominis/DBPushCrunch.html
Dumbbell Fly http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBFly.html
Dumbbell Side Bend http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Obliques/DBSideBend.html

Food

Breakfast small bowl of fruit & fibre with 200ml semi skimmed milk
Lunch nut bar
Dinner chicken peppersoup
Water 3 litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ifyalways(f): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2009
Yesterdays log.
walked 30 mins.
sit ups. . . 60
Tried swimming again.Improving.
food log:
B/F:2 red apples
Lunch:chips,piece of roasted Turkey.
Dinner:dunked biscuits in a cup of ovalyine drink.
water:1.5 litres.
@Uchey,i wud say am in a different boat.lol i used to model,met my hubby as a model but now i have stopped and want to put on some weight though in a healthy way.Hubby wants me to "add some flesh" too.I just try to eat right,work out as much as i can and have enough rest,besides,nursing boy twins aint easy,serious daily work out cheesy.For u,i think Ejademen gave u a wonderful advice.  wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MrCrackles(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2009
Blom Blom! grin tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ifyalways(f): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
^^Obo(monkey ooooo)
show me any of ur hood babes that wud weigh 62 after dropping 2 and i wud take u serious.
Orobokibo-lover.and dont just attempt spoilin this thread. cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MrCrackles(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2009
ifyalways:

^^Obo(monkey ooooo)
show me any of ur hood babes that wud weigh 62 after dropping 2 and i wud take u serious.
Orobokibo-lover.and dont just attempt spoilin this thread. cheesy

grin tongue grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amosexy: 2:37am On Jul 09, 2009
Excercise: walk/run for an hour , 50 Squats, 50 press ups and dancing . Couldnt skip cos I'm scared my breast might sag  sad  sad  angry  undecided  embarassed

Breakfast : a slice of bread ( 100% whole wheat)

Lunch : Bean/corn and dodo

Dinner : a slice of bread,lettuce and one egg without york. Strawberries and orange.

Water 3.5L ( It was as if i wanted to commit water suicide)  grin

@uchey

What can I say , One thing that motivates me is the fact that i have  few pants and dresses in my wardrobe that i'm not will to give up,so eachtime i look at those stuffs,i would like mehnnnnnn i no go eva dash anybody this things oo, lol.well for me i didnt bother checkin my weight and i wont until the month ends.If by ending i realised i didnt lose up to 10pounds, i will still be happy i didnt added any cos adding more weight will break me down. The only thing i can say is,no matter what be happy with yoursef and keep tryin,u will surily get there sis.

@trim plzzzzz

Will skippin make my breast sag and will i av yams at the back of my leg becos i no fit shout ooo ?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2009
Today's log 9th July

Exercise: 1000 skips, 14 push ups, 50 sit ups, 50 squats, walking around for about 3 hours(aba shopping centre is big!)

Food:
B/fast - 3 slices of bread, vegetable sauce and a cup of tea
Lunch - 2 wraps of moinmoin and 350ml low fat yoghurt
Dinner - 3 small pcs of yam and fried egg embarassed(fastest thing i could cook when i got home)

Water - approx 3L

Great news all cry cry(these are tears of joy cheesy) i was able to wear a long time love of mine; a UK size 12 Dorothy Perkins jean trousers. This is working!

@ amosexy,you need to wear a sports bra while skipping,it'll hold your breasts well. Don't know about the sagging bit undecided,yams at the back of your legs? I doubt undecided but the muscles there will get firm and that is a good thing cos it helps to burn fat. I also feel u on some clothes just can't be let go off. grin grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by trimandtrendy(f): 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
hey girls am back ooooo
still having the leg pains, but am starting my injections tomorrow, so the pain should be reduced.

@Amosexy, you should get a sports bra. they sell every where. go to yaba, you'd see good ones there, even in stadium, they sell some there. it holds your boobs like mad, am a 38D, so you can imagine. you wont get yams, how much skipping are you doing? unless you naturally have a masculine stature, then you would be scared of that.

BF (am not married) is severely upset with my weight, and wants me to increase, but i wont. The time for that would come,

Would start updating again from tomorrow sha.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Laide99: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
Hi everyone,

I joined becos of this post o, actually,

I am presently weighing 77kg. My goal is to lose 10kg, and get to 67kg. I am 5ft 10. I love food, and hate exercising.

My meal for today (unintentional)

Breakfast: Beans
Mid meal: Rice, plantain, and 4 pieces of meat
Lunch: Jollof Rice, plantain, and 4 pieces of meat
Dinner: 1 whole loaf of bread. (the big loaf) and one quater of small blue band

No exercise at all.
I dont normally eat like this o.

Tomoro would be better lagbara olorun
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amosexy: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2009
Yesterday

Exercise : nil. Went shopping and window shoppin,was walking around the mall for like 2hrs.I got me a sports bra and an Air climber.

Breakfast : nil
Lunch : rice and vegetable stew.
Dinner : bean/corn and dodo

Water : 3L

@trim thk so much.

Not dat i'm masculine bt a friend was telling me i might develop yam at the back of my leg. I think i should tell u my problem,nt that i'm too big or fat sort of but my hips is the problem. What type of excerise will make my hips reduce cos my neck is gettin long but i dont think my hips is reducing.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by trimandtrendy(f): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2009
@amosexy, squats, they help reduce firm up the hips and thighs
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amosexy: 2:59am On Jul 11, 2009
Today 10th July 2009

Excercise :500 skips ,50 push ups, 50 squats , 50 press ups and 20 sit ups

Break fast : Half slice of bread with lipton tea

Lunch : poundo yam/veg stew and diet tea

Dinner : nil

Water : 3.5L

if i do 100 push ups sef na straight ticket to hell.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by trimandtrendy(f): 6:56am On Jul 11, 2009
@amosexy? u seem to be skipping meals o. Be careful, remember, starvation makes your body go into save mode, and it stars conserving calories. so make sure you eat regularly, but reduce your portions. Good one there with the exercises

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.