Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms (584 Views)

What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? / Are Doctors Treating Lassa Fever Being Neglected? Doctor Laments / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms by niqqa(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2015
today my elder cousin hosted his longtime coursrmate which are all medical scientist,they all shared their different experiences bashing on doctors,,one was like I no dey allow them ooo...I they always show them say without me,its just mere speculation them they do. the other said I don't know if now the small money I they receive everyday they worry them.. really what's their problem

1 Like

Re: Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms by jairusben(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmm..the doctors always want to feel superior among the others same as the scientist too,,so they end up being enemies

1 Like

Re: Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Inferiority Complex

1 Like

Re: Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms by ivyT(f): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Because we dönt knw.and dont care..more pressing issues and problems in naija already

lets go hv sme rest everyone!
Re: Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms by lgboks(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
it's simple
In most countries (like Nigeria)
The doctors have been made to feel like demi gods (our current status has seen to that)
It's that bad that other members of the health care teams are not recognised and are under paid. In hospitals, doctors always want to sit on the head (head of the hospital managers board) even if other medical professionals have the qualifications....doctors get the position (which is very wrong...as managing is not same as practising medicine)
And funny story is that they can't do with out each other (just that some are recognised and appreciated more in the society for a joint effort)
Like how nurses are treated (one medical profession that is under valued in my opinion because they spend more time caring for the patients than the doctors who take all the glory and huge pay)
You also have the pharmacist (these set of ppl they hear am for doctors hand) in a hospital of 10-15 doctors you find just 1 -3 of pharmacist.
Funny story is...this has start way back in school where lectures favour medical doctors more than the rest(the trick starts in school)they have privileges,separate classes from the rest even if every body is taking same course...
Guess they really worked hard to get here(because you find them in a lot of high places,the protect each other,co-operate well etc)
So learn to deal with it cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Doctors And Medical Scientist Barely In Good Terms by niqqa(m): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
lgboks:
it's simple
In most countries (like Nigeria)
The doctors have been made to feel like demi gods (our current status has seen to that)
It's that bad that other members of the health care teams are not recognised and are under paid. In hospitals, doctors always want to sit on the head (head of the hospital managers board) even if other medical professionals have the qualifications....doctors get the position (which is very wrong...as managing is not same as practising medicine)
And funny story is that they can't do with out each other (just that some are recognised and appreciated more in the society for a joint effort)
Like how nurses are treated (one medical profession that is under valued in my opinion because they spend more time caring for the patients than the doctors who take all the glory and huge pay)
You also have the pharmacist (these set of ppl they hear am for doctors hand) in a hospital of 10-15 doctors you find just 1 -3 of pharmacist.
Funny story is...this has start way back in school where lectures favour medical doctors more than the rest(the trick starts in school)they have privileges,separate classes from the rest even if every body is taking same course...
Guess they really worked hard to get here(because you find them in a lot of high places,the protect each other,co-operate well etc)
So learn to deal with it cool
I understand you sir

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Coconut Water / Pics: Help Save Kenechukwu's Live. / what I saw inside a 33beer bottle, what should I do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.