Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score (51265 Views)

Centre Honours 15 Candidates With 339 UTME Score / 10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Teryfik(m): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Kunlexic(m): 10:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
@ d OP,Olida.

No 2 is 50% right and 50%wrong
*Most schools in the north and some schls in the south eastern states[ELDS] have more chance than us in the south-western states.
They fix their cut-off much lower than south western states.
I think the cut off is fixed on the basis of the number of candidates from each states.
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Kunlexic(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
rasanseyi29:
Guys please help me out on dis one, if I only have my neco result can I still register for jamb without waec. I mean can I use neco results?
If u have had ur 5 and above credits in dose subjects u need,what else do u need?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Femich18(m): 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
bnanzip:
I had 259 and it was my state but yet I was not given admission. A friend of mine who had 190 was given the admission. What will you say about this? Village witches
Lol....ur own case ehen need 7days prayer and fasting...joke apart tins like dt do happen.. dre are sm criteria which we dnt knw...d schools just invent policies which may nt favour u...Morova how r u Xo sure dt person in question no dey follow am up...#longleg
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Olamilekan08(m): 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
samegold:
UNILORIN is one of them, they are fully partisan in their admission, if u r Christian and u want to study Medicine, even if u are 10marks above d cut-off mark, and u don't have long leg abeg start doing fasting and prayer, if not, u might be given admission bt another unrelated dept , I av a friend (Christian)who score 256 in JAMB for medicine and 76% in POST-UTME, he received a msg that he was giving admission, he was very happy and excited but when he got to the portal he was given ZOOLOGY, his joy was turned to sorrow, they can even give him course lyk anatomy, physiology, pharmacy etc. He went to change the course later to one mentioned above.
Unilorin is biased religiously, I believe no matter what they do, they can't stop the preaching of Jesus.
People sha like to jump into conclusion abt Unilorin like this one.
Anyway, I think it will interest you to know that in my class, there were hardly any predominant state, tribe or religion. How how manage Unilorin admits only muslims as you are trying to insinuate?

Many people have forgotten that these universities usually have more applicants than they can admit. So is the case of Unilorin for the past few year.
Aside for the overall allocation, there are also admission allocations for the various courses.
So when alot are being turn down, jambite go on to cry foul. Accusing the school of tribalism, nepotism and even religious bias. Comparing themselves with a friend admitted for a different course with lower scores forgetting that they are facing different level of competition.

Anyway, when you found youself admitted, you'll find out that things are not the same as you think because you'll be surrounded by people of different tribe, class, religion, state etc.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by olida: 11:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
olawale4725:

Lov dis buddy. Buh wat abt in a situation by which neco and waec are combined 2geder nko oo

Thanks bro. It depends on the peculiar policy of the university in question. But generally, most universities still accept two sittings

mahyowah:
while I agree with 70% of your points, i don't think any of your reasons is a justification for denying young ones the right to education. in fact cut off marks are fallacies.

It's can all be attributed to the declining educational sector of the country.
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Skykid1208(m): 1:36am On Dec 29, 2015
<b> 9jerian unis are messed up </b>
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by yuno01: 6:26am On Dec 29, 2015
rasanseyi29:
Guys please help me out on dis one, if I only have my neco result can I still register for jamb without waec. I mean can I use neco results?

So far it has the complete requirement of the course you are applying for...why not? Go ahead and use it!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by jlo247(m): 7:05am On Dec 29, 2015
Well composed write up. But I disagreed with the number 2 point because in my school UNILAG those students without catchment area usually have advantages over we that we fell under one or another catchment area. Let say for instance in a particular course 58 is the yardstick point for the osun state students if any osun student scored lesser than 58 he won't be given admission, but if any student from Kwara, Kogi or any northern state scored less they will be given admission into their desired courses. Because after catchment their is a provision for the ELDS meaning Education Less Developed States. Which some eastern and Northern States are amongst.
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by sdcolour40: 7:15am On Dec 29, 2015
Morning guyz BT my point is if u choose 1 sch 2 times and u ar not admitted den choose less compitative sch .I WS in ur show last yr wen unilorin denied me admission and I went to lasu to sat for anoda post jamb fenk God am nw in level 2 . and if I like at d end of my degree I may decided to go unilorin or unilag for masters .
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by crowther15(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2015
FuckTheMod:
This doesn't change the fact that UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN
is a very very useless school.

The management is very very sentimental and biased in giving admission to students from other states.
Sometimes, even students from KWARA STATE BUT NOT ILORIN are not giving admission.
If you like, score 280jamb and 90 putme, nothing for you if you're not from ILORIN. Only if you're lucky.

This is even so in their staff employment process.
I pray thunder fire and scatter that biased management very soon.

Useless people angry
ignorance kills if u dnt knw......... the op av said it all.......stop beffing my school
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Escapevelocity(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2015
this article lacks realistic points dear poster u re just being idealistic.......we knw nigeria we knw the quota system in giving admission
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by luxflowz(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2015
Hmmmm.... With 215 in Jamb and 180 in p_utme... As a 2nd choice candidate.... I waz admitted buh my course na die (Co_operative nd rural development) ....

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by barnabas91: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2015
FuckTheMod:
This doesn't change the fact that UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN
is a very very useless school.

The management is very very sentimental and biased in giving admission to students from other states.
Sometimes, even students from KWARA STATE BUT NOT ILORIN are not giving admission.
If you like, score 280jamb and 90 putme, nothing for you if you're not from ILORIN. Only if you're lucky.

This is even so in their staff employment process.
I pray thunder fire and scatter that biased management very soon.

Useless people angry
eyaa i feel ur pain but dont give up
i was thr in 2009 for postutme, they didnt giv me, i went to poly and came back, got it tru DE last yr, now am in 300L.
My point is, no matter what, just love d schl and dont give up. Av faith
I still keep loving d schl since 2009, my target was thr.
Thank God he did it.
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Msquare220: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Brightology2:
Den u're from d north if u don't believe.
What are you trying to insinuate?
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by EZYMAN4CHRIST(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2015
hemartins:
I was at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH ) some times ago to see my friend who had been admitted at the intensive care unit (ICU ) for an arm injury.

That was the first time in my life to see people groan in real pain. I saw a man tied to the bed with both legs apart. He would scream so loud at regular intervals. I couldn't stay there because of what I saw.

On my way out, I saw an ambulance drove in. Some men in blue quickly rush behind the ambulance to open the door. I was moved and I work towards them. God!!! I saw humans soaked in blood. You wouldn't know if they were dead or alive. I went closer to help.

As I tried to lift one, her face was covered with blood, you can't say the colour of her clothes Co's it was all dark red. She grabbed my hands so tight and muttered some words " pls pray for me". I looked her and bursted into tears. I stood there as I watched her being carried away.

It was a bad experience for me but I learnt. I could have been the one. So many times I have travelled to the south and the north. I have been involved in an accident but I was not scratched. I have been terribly sick but I'm still alive. Not because I am better than them. Not because I am more intelligent or because I have all the money in the world.
It's GRACE.

if you can read this, it means you are still alive to say;
God, I am grateful.
I'm grateful for 2015.
I'm grateful for years to come.
I will forever be grateful.

#grateful_heart
#hemartins_is_grateful.
Lord God almighty i thank u 4 everythin u av done 4 me in 2015 and wot u will still be doing in d years to come. EZYMAN4CHRIST is grateful.
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by lekxaid007(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2015
englishmart:
when i first wrote jamb, i applied for medicine and surgery. In order to get very high scores, i combined these subjects: crs, biology and agriculture. I didn't wanna waste time calculating in physics, chem, and maths. At the end of the day, jamb invented a course and asked me to study it. Tge name of the course was religious agriculture. Only God knew where i burnt the admission letter.

haaahaaaaa
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by mhiztee15(f): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Admission this days is survival of the fittest have connection and pray seriously and aggressively
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by firstolalekan(m): 11:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
crowther15:
ignorance kills if u dnt knw......... the op av said it all.......stop beffing my school
Ekpa nie
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Brownhypo: 6:40am On Dec 30, 2015
luxflowz:
Hmmmm.... With 215 in Jamb and 180 in p_utme... As a 2nd choice candidate.... I waz admitted buh my course na die (Co_operative nd rural development) ....
lol grin just hearing that course for the first time. May God help Nigeria, May God help us
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by luxflowz(m): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
Brownhypo:
lol grin just hearing that course for the first time. May God help Nigeria, May God help us

Wetin man go do nah... Make we just get the certificate!!! cheesy
Brownhypo:

Wetin man go do nah... Make we just get the certificate!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Brownhypo: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
luxflowz:

Wetin man go do nah... Make we just get the certificate!!! cheesy

Wetin man go do nah... Make we just get the certificate!!!
How about taking another JAMB while in school
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by luxflowz(m): 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
Brownhypo:
How about taking another JAMB while in school
I rather change course.... If nt possible.. I go study am lyk that ...!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Brownhypo: 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
luxflowz:

I rather change course.... If nt possible.. I go study am lyk that ...!!!
nice one bro. Nothing do you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by HARFORDEDU: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2016
1. Low Jamb score
2. FAir or bad waec result.
3. State of origin
4. State of competition.
5. University policy
6. Corruption and selfishness in admission process

I can list over 50 reasons but why waste your time in Post-UME when you can get an admission in european countries and china in a week
Visit this link http://www.harfordedu.com and like our page for more informationhttps://www.facebook.com/harfordedu/
https://www.facebook.com/harfordedu/STUDY IN UKRAINEhttp://www.harfordedu.com

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by jonesky080(m): 7:39am On Aug 02, 2016
Goodnews!!! cry no more, gain admission into 200 level in your preferred university studying your preferred course of study without JAMB/PostUTME via IJMB a nine month programme, visit www.ijmbe.org.ng for more information about the programme, how to apply, uniiverities accepting it, ijmb centres nationwide, it's official website and many more from Learn More Nigeria, call 07037368149 for more

Need to know what IJMB is all about and what admission seekers needs to know about this programme,introducing IJMB into the educational system has made history in Nigeria, IJMB called The Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE) was established in 1976 by the Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA). ICSA itself was established by the Nigerian government of the old Northern Region of Nigeria to provide educational and social services to the people of the region. The first Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE) was held in 1977 for all students who had undergone the IJMBE post secondary education programme in the existing schools of Basic/ Preliminary studies which had replaced the HSCE. Presently IJMB now serve as an Advanced Level Examination which guarantee students admission into 200level.

The Board is administered by the Institute of Basic Education of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. Other members of the board include representatives of various Examination & Educational body such as Joint Admission Matriculation Board; Federal University of Technology, Minna etc

Ever since the innovation of this IJMB programme, it has been moving from the northern part to the southern, western and eastern part of nigeria taking over the educational system because, Every year, more than 90 percent of students who register for IJMB succesfully gain admission into the university with their preferred course of study. IJMB result is valid for life contracted to JAMB(UTME) that expires after a year. Most candidate who failed either in Jamb or Post Utme in the past always do this program to secure admission into 200level and meet their colleagues in 200 level.

Annually around 30,000 candidates put in for the programme in which more than 25,000 applicants successfully secure admission with it into 200 level to their preferred institution & course.

IJMB is certified by [University Commission (NUC)] has an A'level programme that qualify understudies into 200level in the tertiary institution upon successful completion of the programme. Thus, prospective candidates can check (item 2.2) of JAMB BROCHURE to confirm IJMB legibility.

Prospective interested IJMB Candidates are required to pick any THREE (3) A/L IJMB Subject Combination identified with their preferred course of study in the university be it Science, Art or Social Science Course. Candidates would then be lectured for the stipulated period(9 month) at their respective Study Centre and thereafter sit for the final examination. On completion of the programme, successful candidates accordingly utilize their IJMB certificate to secure admission into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution by means of Direct Entry.read IJMB subjects combination for various courses here!

a lot of institutions accepts this programme nationwide, post utme is out of it as well as UTME and the result and certificate is as valid as any other DE programmes.
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by Lagtutor(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2017
Interesting write-up. Kudos.
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by samJ17(m): 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
olida:

Written by
Damilola Olisa

http://myschoolwahala..com.ng/2015/12/5-reasons-most-students-are-not-offered.html
hello pls can I do eng,lit,crs & commerce for linguistics?
Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by ShylockConsults: 6:38pm On May 26, 2017
STUDY IN CYPRUS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY BY SEPTEMBER, 2017.

Cyprus International University still accepting Applications for September, 2017 intake.
Undergraduate and Graduate Offered.

50% Scholarship
Initial Payment of as low as 1000 Euros
Balance paid on Installment on Arrival
Visa Guaranteed.

We offer Professional Counselling and Guidance from Pre-Application to Post-Landing, even to Registration at affordable Service Charge Payable to.

First Bank of Nigeria PLC
Shylock Consults Limited
Our Secured Online Payment Platform with Credit Cards.

We also Process to other Top Universities Worldwide.

To Apply and for more info:
Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Instagram: shylockconsults
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shylockconsults

Agencies are Partners are Welcomed to collaborate with us.

Re: 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score by joesyt2014(m): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
Buy the GCE 2017 Early Registration Form at N13,950.00 and then Register with us @ N1000 only. All Registration Processes will be covered. Call JEEK EXAM KONSULT Now - 08183628342
[img]https://4.bp..com/-dH94YU-c2c0/WFe6niB2b_I/AAAAAAAACf0/pwOkqgt1LbIEfjKdxLvr_hQaxG_41XkpwCLcB/s320/waec%2Bgce%2Bregistration%2B2016.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Common Silly Mistakes/errors People Make In English Language. / Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts / How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.