Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Shame On Nigeria! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shame On Nigeria! (1225 Views)

GT Bank Closed Today As The Highest Gainer On Nigeria Stock Exchange Market. / Nigeria To China, Reduce Tariffs On Nigeria’s Products / Shame On GTB! Big Shame On Them!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame On Nigeria! by blueAgent(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
"Apple, Microsoft,Google, Facebook and Amazon make up 40% of
the weight, or $2.15 trillion in market cap." of US NASDAQ100 stocks.
it's amazing that market Capitalization of just 5 US firms is almost 4times our GDP (568.51 billion US dollars )of our country Nigeria.

Shame on u Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Shame On Nigeria! by Obichi98(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Point correction!
Direct your anger and whatsoever to nigerian leaders from 1960 till date....chop and clean mouth leaders.
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by Obichi98(m): 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
Point of correction!
Direct your anger and whatsoever to nigerian leaders from 1960 till date....chop and clean mouth leaders.
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
I thought I was the only one that has thought of this, it's actually depressing.
It also beats me we import so much, we import fuel, even as an oil producing country.
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by blueAgent(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
Obichi98:
Point of correction!

True
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by Ziemonadex(m): 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
Shame on you @op...

like say u no go perform worse if u are the presido
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by blueAgent(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
imas:
I thought I was the only one that has thought of this, it's actually depressing.
It also beats me we import so much, we import fuel, even as an oil producing country.

Our problem as a nation is we lack wealth creators only looters.imagine Texas has over 20oil refineries all own by the private sector. while Nigeria every thing must be done by Government. even with looted money our people can not create wealth with all this loot.

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Nigeria! by blueAgent(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ziemonadex:
Shame on you @op...
like say u no go perform worse if u are the presido
Cow .APC shit mugu you still dey dream land
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by istambul(m): 10:13am On Dec 31, 2015
I agree with you. Nigerians deserve the best. but change starts from the individual itself.
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by Menace2Society(m): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2015
blueAgent:
"Apple, Microsoft,Google, Facebook and Amazon make up 40% of
the weight, or $2.15 trillion in market cap." of US NASDAQ100 stocks.
it's amazing that market Capitalization of just 5 US firms is almost 4times our GDP (568.51 billion US dollars )of our country Nigeria.

Shame on u Nigeria
Tell us the way forward
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2015
blueAgent:

Our problem as a nation is we lack wealth creators only looters.imagine Texas has over 20oil refineries all own by the private sector. while Nigeria every thing must be done by Government. even with looted money our people can not create wealth with all this loot.

[b]Actually, it falls back on the government. A lot of countries that strive economically do so because their government backs them to grow.

You can see the recklessness from the recent budget. The government pays politicians huge sum of money, takes care of their housing, pays their electricity bills and still spends 3.6 billion naira on cars for these people.

While brilliant minds in the country are left with nothing. Fashola increased the power bills in the Nation where things get tougher every day.

Imagine if the country invest 10 billion naira in a well supervised and subsidized microfinance scheme.

A lot of smart minds can work to revolutionize the system. Instead we get mediocre plans like five thousand naira a month for people. How can such help with the falling economy.

The smart minds in America thrive because the people understand the impact of good governance. Our people will continue praising looters who spray money on them while the country loses economic strenght.
[/b]
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by aubventure: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
you are right
it is time for us to save our economy

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Nigeria! by blueAgent(m): 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Actually, it falls back on the government. A lot of countries that strive economically do so because their government backs them to grow.

You can see the recklessness from the recent budget. The government pays politicians huge sum of money, takes care of their housing, pays their electricity bills and still spends 3.6 billion naira on cars for these people.

While brilliant minds in the country are left with nothing. Fashola increased the power bills in the Nation where things get tougher every day.

Imagine if the country invest 10 billion naira in a well supervised and subsidized microfinance scheme.

A lot of smart minds can work to revolutionize the system. Instead we get mediocre plans like five thousand naira a month for people. How can such help with the falling economy.

The smart minds in America thrive because the people understand the impact of good governance. Our people will continue praising looters who spray money on them while the country loses economic strenght.
[/b]

show me your friends and i will tell you who you are. a country can not give good leaders more or less that they produce them.
Nigeria is bad not becos of bad leaders but .becos of bad society that's keeps produce less qualified people as leaders
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by blueAgent(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Menace2Society:
Tell us the way forward

Menace2Society:
Tell us the way forward

example.. wats stop our elite class to cooperate and influence their political class who are their friends to give the necessary political and moral support to go into electric power supply .we have the capacity to solve our power crises. but we lack entreprenuers who are the most important factor in production who will mobilieze (including the political
class)and organise other factors of production.
thats why we have iron ore but no functioning steel industry.gas but no power,coal no minning,lands but still import foods, crude oil but we still import fuel.

in US people lobby their government to make right polices not to assist them in looting

Imagine Boeing aircraft company found in 1920 by williams Boeing becoming the world largest aircraft company .something as complex as aircraft but it was started by and individual not the government.
We are mentally lazy.
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
blueAgent:

show me your friends and i will tell you who you are. a country can not give good leaders more or less that they produce them.
Nigeria is bad not becos of bad leaders but .becos of bad society that's keeps produce less qualified people as leaders

We are talking of entrepreneurship now. There are young brains, ready to cause a change. Not all of them are myopic and corrupt. We are in a society as you put it that do not support these kind of people.

The leaders push policies that keep these people from growing. So the likes of Zukerbergs and co. will flourish there but our brains will perish. The people here are ready to worship money and not brains.
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
blueAgent:

example.. wats stop our elite class to cooperate and influence their political class who are their friends to give the necessary political and moral support to go into electric power supply .we have the capacity to solve our power crises. but we lack entreprenuers who are the most important factor in production who will mobilieze (including the political
thats why we have iron ore but no functioning steel industry.gas but no power,coal no minning,lands but still import foods, crude oil but we still import fuel.

in US people lobby their government to make right polices not to assist them in looting

Imagine Boeing aircraft company found in 1920 by williams Boeing becoming the world largest aircraft company .something as complex as aircraft but it was started by and individual not the government.
We are mentally lazy.

We are not all mentally lazy. Where will a young kid at Aba with the brains to run an airline career start from.

Our banking system does not support young entrepreneurs. It is difficult to grow here.

Look at Agbalaka's case. Even the former vice President (Atiku) acknowledged that Agbalaka cured some people but did the government and private individuals support him?

Even NAFDAC put a ban on his treatment.

That is how hard it is for those who are ready to use their heads to cause change.

During the Ebola crisis, a young Nigerian pharmacist had drugs he developed to treat diseases that are considered untreatable. He had his drug for Ebola and he contacted WHO for support.

WHO told him they do not support individuals and he should contact his government for support. That was how his effort ended.
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by Getikebusy(m): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Menace2Society:
Tell us the way forward

My fellow NL, the painful but honest truth is that the situation is going to remain like this. The Nigerian socioeconomic front is going to be like this for years and years and years and.... to come. No one is giving the so called leaders of tomorrow a chance to lead and if the so called leaders of 2morow (the youth) get to such positions only God knows what will become of the country. In fact it's messed up
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by Getikebusy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
blueAgent:

We are mentally lazy.
My brother the government doesn't encourage innovation. You shouldn't be comparing a country with epileptic power supply to a country that was industrialised decades before Nigerian independence. (not an excuse for innovation but back to my first point)
Re: Shame On Nigeria! by blueAgent(m): 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
Getikebusy:

My brother the government doesn't encourage innovation. You shouldn't be comparing a country with epileptic power supply to a country that was industrialised decades before Nigerian independence. (not an excuse for innovation but back to my first point)

Getikebusy:

i agree partially but you fail to identify the cause and effect.
as i said before if we have entreprenuers the issue of epileptic power supply will be solved by them.look at wat happened in the telcom sector lead by foriegn private firms .government is made up of people they can be influenced rightly if you have people who share same postive idealogy among the elites, we don't need to innovate any thing just the will power from both sides(government and people) eg imagine in the entire Bayelsa state they have no pure factory or bakery.but how much will it costs looters to do that in that state.

(1) (Reply)

New Dating Site And App Own By 2 Nigerian Young Minds Need Your Critics / Boeing Vs. Airbus / How To Start And Run A Successful Popcorn Business With Just #50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.