Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Marry While You Are Still Young - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Marry While You Are Still Young (1252 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry While You Are Still Young by PHEMIEY(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
Toyib wrote:
MY ONE KOBO ADVICE:

I have been looking for a comfortable time to share my thoughts on the message passed to us by Dr. Abdulhadi Tiamiy at the finalist's get together but that moment of total comfort may not come. There's nothing more that struck me in his lecture than his last important few words:

"If you do not marry when you're here (the university), you can NEVER find what you're looking for outside.

This man has all the experience. I heard he already had his HND when he came back for his medical school. He had his Nikkah the year he was to take his first medical exam and heaven didn't fall thereafter. When he was in the final year, he said he already had two boys, TWO BOYS.

So that I don't waste much lines saying the same thing we have always said, let me advise myself (first) and you on the few things we should note about marriage:

1. Except we find solace in deceiving ourselves, the society we find ourselves today does not permit that we delay marriage at all. See what we view with ours eyes daily; on TV, on the street, in our campuses, in fact everywhere we go. It always reminds us of what we should do when we become mature, the journey everyone who believes in the prophet and his message should embark upon; but we are too afraid to go into it yet. We are scared. We don't know what people will say if we marry at this early age. We are too scared to jump.

2. Allah has assured us in the Qur'an that He will assist, and His promises don't go unfulfilled. Matrimony is not about having millions of naira before one can have a wife. The Baaroka isn't assured in a flamboyant and colourful marriage Haven't you seen people living comfortably today run into bankruptcy tomorrow? If you know it has moved from the level of Mustahab for you to Waajib, find a way to marry, brother. And you who have money, help your brother to do the Sunnah of the Rosul. Reward abounds if you do.

3. Our parents should begin to understand that masters or PhD isn't the peak of success in life. Like I always say, as Standard Six, Form Five and other certificates have become of little or no importance today, PhD is coming to that level soon. And I tell people too, that when a lady studies and studies till he becomes of age, too ripe and old for marriage, then we have problem with who to marry her to. Our parents must start to support us who do not have means of surviving the marriage. They should bear some responsibilities for us. It's not until we bring a potruded stomach home and they have no choice but to help that they will extend their helping hands.

4. To the choosy brothers and sisters, let us retract our steps fast. If you're looking for the thin, the tall, the fair, the Haafedh or Haafedha, time is going faa. A friend recently told me that affection is not built in a day. You know it is possible that you love someone. And when you talk to them, you find that they don't hitherto reciprocate the feelings. What do you expect? You expect that it grows with time, isn't it? Let the same apply to you and do what needs to be done in time.

5. Brothers going to ask sisters out, see it as trying to pitch a job. Don't see it as "trying out how proficient you are in so doing. Like you're going for an interview, prepare well. Do it like you mean it. Don't let sisters come and ridicule the brothers and gloat at " weakness in speaking. If you're really ready for marriage, start by showing self-sufficiency. Don't call home each time you need money. Think of small business you can do and earn your money in short time. There's no point being shy about businesses. You're better than those who are still wholly dependent on home for survival. Dress well, perfume yourself and suit the taste of the sisters. Begin to learn how to care for the opposite sex. Don't argue and want to win all the time. These are preparatory steps showing your readiness for marriage.

6. It is wrong of anybody to intentionally stay 3 years dating. Don't say your level of Eeman covers it. That's like playing with the devil in the dark. The Prophet said what is best for two persons who love each other is to marry. Why then delay? May Allah assist us. If you're a sister or brother who's in need of a sister and at the same time afraid of marrying the wrong person, approach the Sunni brothers in your area or school and make your situation known. Don't be pushed to marry the wrong person. Marriage is a life contract. Making mistakes has a long lasting effect on our psychology and lifestyle.

7. Pray. Supplicate for assistance from Allah Azzawajal. Cry before Allah . Be serious about it. Tell Allah you don't want to do Zina. And with your sincerity, Allah will surely elevate you. He will assist you. We have had enough cases of divorce and this is one of this generations' travails. Let us try to be calm, patient and enduring. I will always say to sisters, first, then brothers that we should not think divorce as the first solution to every matrimonial disagreement. Some of our mothers would make us know that "they would have left them (our fathers) since but for us (their children)." If there's no other reason to stay than this, it is enough! Let us also be contented with what we have and avoid asking for too much than our spouses can afford. The brothers also should be really very careful with how they handle Polygamy and related issues. I'm sure you won't like another man sharing your wife with you so respect them when you're bringing another woman under your roof. Some sisters now see Polygamy as what brothers engage in when they have "small change". That's why they remind you of the days you've both spent in penury. It is not compulsory to have more than one wife. And I don't think anybody will be punished for not doing it. So don't make polygamy compulsory on yourself or use it to destroy your home.

Let us not delay marriage again. Don't be so addicted to western education or plan your life completely obeying the rules of the West. Don't expose yourself to the many means of Zina available today. May Allah guide and protect us. May He continue to keep us firm on this path of al-Islam and resurrect us as Muslims on the day of Qiyaamah. Aamin

Yours sincerely in bachelordom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by abdrazak: 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
To all brothers and sisters, lets take a bold step today. There are so many benefits in marrying earlier ranging from health, increase in eeman and steadfastness, and so on.

Allah SWT will make it easy for us all and we won't regret we did Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by ayinba1(f): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ameen. Good advice for brothers and sisters alike.
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
A ti gbo
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by ybilad(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good advice
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by PHEMIEY(m): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2015
enieme:
A ti gbo
lol
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:
A ti gbo
o da gbaun e jara mo. Yoo rorun
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
yetunsbay:
o da gbaun e jara mo. Yoo rorun
this poster must be from the core parts of ibadan
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:
this poster must be from the core parts of ibadan
nope bt proudly Yorùbá
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
yetunsbay:
nope bt proudly Yorùbá
okay. But the dialect sound ever much 'ijile'
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:

exactly.... jst kinda remember our culture ni
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:
ur ascent isnt bad either
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
yetunsbay:
ur ascent isnt bad either
*accent.
And accent is only detected in spoken words not typed
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:

*accent.
And accent is only detected in spoken words not typed
Exactly! typed that out of curiosity & doing things simultaneously
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
Jazakumulahu khairan
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
yetunsbay:
Exactly! typed that out of curiosity & doing things simultaneously
I don't get it at all.
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:

I don't get it at all.
attending to various mentns &conversing online at the same time
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
yetunsbay:
attending to various mentns &conversing online at the same time
okay
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:
okay
na'am! U are fr Oyo if am right?
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
yetunsbay:
na'am! U are fr Oyo if am right?
yes I am
Re: Marry While You Are Still Young by yetunsbay(m): 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
enieme:
yes I am
ma sha Allah

(1) (Reply)

Is Abu Abdul Rahman Muhammad Alee Jabata A Khawarij/takfeery? / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians / The Story of An American Feminist that Converted To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.