Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,869 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:19 AM

Food For Thought To Undergraduates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Food For Thought To Undergraduates (496 Views)

Note To Undergraduates: Why You Must Invest In Yourselves Now / Letter To Undergraduates / 40 Australian Creatures You Never Thought To Be Afraid Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food For Thought To Undergraduates by Aliyu333: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Classroom doesn't Guarantee Success.
Academic excellence is overrated.!!
Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it. Being top of
your class does not necessarily guarantee that
you will be at the top of life.
You could graduate as the best student in
Chemistry, but it doesn't mean you will make
money than others.
The best graduating medical student does not
necessarily become the best Doctor.
The best student in Civil Engineering does not
Guarantee best Civil Engineer.
The fact is life requires more than the ability to
understand a concept, memorize it and reproduce
it in an exam.
School rewards people for their memory, life
rewards people for their imagination. School
rewards caution, life rewards daring.
School hails those who live by the rules, life
exalts those who break the rules and set new
ones. So do I mean people shouldn't study hard
in school? Oh no!!! you should. But don't sacrifice
every other thing on the altar of First Class. Don't
limit yourself to the classroom.
Do something practical and radical; take a
leadership
position.
Start a business and fail, that's better. Attend
seminars, Read books outside the scope of your
course.
Think without the box if you must ever think. Go
on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards...
Do something you believe in! Think less of
becoming an excellent student but think more of
becoming an excellent person.
Make the world your classroom!
Don't make the classroom your world...
Re: Food For Thought To Undergraduates by ugonna1054(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
Mhen, you re in the university to study and make good grades, you just have to work really hard to make the best out of it.

If First class is the best grade in the university, then strive to make it. If u really put much effort nd eventually don't, then surely you would be on a very good 2.1 or 2.2 and u would be at peace with ur conscience that you did all you could

The hardwork expended in ur studies, if u do d same likewise in real life scenarios u find ur self in post-graduation, you would overcome

what's worth doing is worth doing well
Re: Food For Thought To Undergraduates by aare07(m): 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hard work pays. All I know is that success exists in size and shape. What Seun will call success (Nairaland) may not be success to Wizkid (Starboy)
Re: Food For Thought To Undergraduates by GreatYinkus(m): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=15pt]Did you just say Academic excellence is overrated? Oh no!.

In my own perspective, try to be the best in everything you find yourself, if in politics try to make a positive exploit, in academics be the best you can be, in business, evangelism et al, don't be of the notion that when you excel in your academics you can't do to well in other areas of life. In short be all-round[/size]
My Opinion though.
Re: Food For Thought To Undergraduates by GreatYinkus(m): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=15pt]Did you just say Academic excellence is overrated? Oh no!.

In my own perspective, try to be the best in everything you find yourself, if in politics try to make a positive exploit, in academics be the best you can be, in business, evangelism et al, don't be of the notion that when you excel in your academics you can't do to well in other areas of life. In short be all-round.
My Opinion though.[/size]
Re: Food For Thought To Undergraduates by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Noted
Re: Food For Thought To Undergraduates by calculator123(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
nice post.modified in as much as i encourage hardwork,being a jack of all trade(all rounder) pays off most of the time.As for being a sucess,it is RELATIVE.

(1) (Reply)

Worldwide: Rotary Foundation Global Scholarships And Training Grants. / Meet The Animal That Can Box You To Stupor / Bank Robbery, Some Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.