Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,479 members, 7,781,401 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:51 PM

Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC (18121 Views)

"I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande / Ben Ayade May Defect To APC Soon, As He Meets Kwankwaso, Okorocha, Obaseki / Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by demarc001: 1:42am On Dec 29, 2015
A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Sunday held a private meeting with a former Interim Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Bisi Akande.

Ribadu, who contested the 2011 presidential election on the platform of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, visited Akande at his residence in Ila-Orangun on Sunday evening and discussed with him for a few hours.

The visit had sparked rumour of the possibility of the defection of the former anti-graft boss to the ruling APC.

A highly-placed source in the APC in Osun State told our correspondent on Sunday that Ribadu visited Akande in company with the National Secretary of the APC, Mai Bala Buni.

The source, who preferred not to be mentioned because he was not authorised to speak for the party, said, “He was there on Sunday. I was told he (Ribadu) and the national secretary of the APC visited Chief Akande together.

“It is difficult to say if he is defecting to our party because I was not there but we won’t ask him not to come if he wants to come.”

The Director of Publicity and Strategy of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, when contacted, said he heard that Ribadu visited Akande.

Odeyemi, however, berated the former anti-corruption agency boss for allegedly “going back and forth.”

He said, “I was told he visited Ila-Orangun but is Ila his local government, where he is supposed to announce his defection?

“Ribadu has never proved to be a loyal party man. He joined the PDP from the ACN and he is going back now. He is not somebody to be depended upon when it comes to politics.”

Ribadu was a governorship candidate of the PDP in Adamawa State in the April 11, 2015 election.

After the meeting, Ribadu said he was at Ila-Orangun to reconnect with Akande, who he described as a father and statesman.

“Baba Akande is a very important person to all of us. He is a father in the true sense of the word. From the day I decided to venture into politics, I have benefited from his guidance and wisdom.

“I have not seen Baba in a long time, so I feel this is a good time to come and greet him at home. Of course, I have never been far away from Baba’s fountain of wisdom. Party differences cannot be a reason to abandon old ties,” Ribadu said.

He eulogised Akande, a former Osun State governor, and the people of the community while recalling the overwhelming support and affection he was shown by the people of Osun State during his 2011 presidential bid.

Akande said Ribadu’s visit was not political.

“As an extended member of this community, I said he should come and greet you,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/ribadu-visits-akande-may-defect-to-apc/

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by peterveo(m): 1:46am On Dec 29, 2015
Interesting, let's see the end of it all ... grin

FTC...what a good day.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by MonitorinSpirit(m): 1:47am On Dec 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by FastShipping: 1:52am On Dec 29, 2015
Ribadu was destined to be one of the movers and shakers in APC today but he was too ambitious and impatient. He actually thought Jonathan wasn't going to lose the election.

28 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by edo3(m): 3:17am On Dec 29, 2015
Eyah..

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by demarc001: 7:12am On Dec 29, 2015
The same people they tagged "corrupt" and yet they will still welcome them to their party. Everyday PDP spoil naija yet APC keep making friends with them. All na wash!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by demarc001: 7:34am On Dec 29, 2015
FastShipping:
Ribadu was destined to be one of the movers and shakers in APC today but he was too ambitious and impatient. He actually thought Jonathan wasn't going to lose the election.

"Destined"? Are you his maker or his destiny hijacker ( the forces frustrating his political career)?

8 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by himurax007(m): 7:41am On Dec 29, 2015
grin
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by efilefun(m): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2015
Lol the same ribadu people like tonye are hoping to build pdp around. The dude is about jumping outta the wrecked sinking ship called PDP

22 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Warlord3000(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Small world.. Na WA o
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by JingoOAU(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2015
Patience is the best virtue in life

If this is how Tinubu was jumping from one party to another, are we gonna be here talking of Buhari orAPC today?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by egift(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2015
Personal greed made Ribadu to become the most miscalculating Politician in Nigeria. If he did not fall for Jonathan's lobbying, by now he would have been governor of Adamawa under APC. Or at the very least get an important Federal Assignment.

May the Impatience of Ribadu never be your portion.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by egbaguy: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2015
Ribadu.....used to like this man before,but now,I dislike hime like shiit!!! U re finished politics-wise and u knw it. Good riddance to bad rubbish

9 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by princemillla(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2015
Political prostitute

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by porshuch: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2015
That is why i respect Tinubu, Akande, ngige etc

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2015
Jesus Christ the way,truth and light. If you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior,please do so now. All your difficulties,he will turn them around for you and you life will be a better one. In him you will have all you ever needed. Is it money you want? Is it job ? Anything positive at all,he will give it to you only if you believe in him.And an everlasting life as well added. Jesus loves you and he is ready to accept you told,only if you will let him come into your life .Look for any bible believing church near you and start fellowship with God's children today. Your life will never remain the same.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Ghandi12: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2015
princemillla:
Political prostitute
Amaechi, Saraki, Dogara, Kwakwanso and host of others left PDP for APC to achieve their dreams. I guess they are successful political prostitutes?

egbaguy:
Ribadu.....used to like this man before,but now,I dislike hime like shiit!!! U re finished politics-wise and u knw it. Good riddance to bad rubbish
What value did you admire in him before? Has that value left him because he contested under PDP? Is everyone in APC perfect? If he had won the Governorship election with PDP would he have remained your Saint?

JingoOAU:
Patience is the best virtue in life
If this is [b]how Tinubu [/b]was jumping from one party to another, are we gonna be here talking of Buhari or APC today?
Tinubu destiny is different from others'. Not everyone must copy Tinubu or Buhari to achieve their dream of serving the Nation. Neither Tinubu nor Buhari has ever claimed to be perfect in all their actions.

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by egift(m): 8:47am On Dec 29, 2015
porshuch:
That is why i respect Tinubu, Akande, ngige etc

And Ogbonnaya Onu of then ANPP.

22 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by princemillla(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2015
Ghandi12:

Amaechi, Saraki, Dogara, Kwakwanso and host of others left PDP for APC to achieve their dreams. I guess they are successful political prostitutes?

These names u mentioned were never part of Apc/acn

Ribadu was in acn before he defected. Same with Atiku who came to Apc all cuz he couldn't achieved his dirty ambition in PDP.

Amaechi was known to pdp, same with kwankwanso.
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by phemmie06(m): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Really. Our leaders are not always standing on a particular ground and that is why they do not keep their promises when they emerged. Though success is sweet but Must everyone join the winning party in Nigeria , who will be opposition party

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Ghandi12: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2015
princemillla:

These names u mentioned were never part of Apc/acn
Ribadu was in acn before he defected. Same with Atiku who came to Apc all cuz he couldn't achieved his dirty ambition in PDP.
The all crossed over? Yes? And they all can still cross back and forth (especially considering the prevailing political atmosphere in APC). Amaechi (has crossed once) , Atiku (has crossed trice), Kwakwanso (has crossed twice) so why hanging Ribadu for crossing.

princemillla:

...Same with Atiku who came to Apc all cuz he couldn't achieved his dirty ambition in PDP.
I am not an Atiku fan but I still acknowledge his right to pursue his ambition anywhere he feels right as long as he is not breaking any law of the land.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Marvin67: 9:27am On Dec 29, 2015
If this Oga decamps to APC, he'd be making a big mistake politically. Let's look at the situation on ground.
The current governor of Adamawa state is from the APC, and he'd want a second term. You don't expect him to step down for Ribadu.
In 2019, _ if Buhari doesn't want a second term, APC already has people like Kwankwanso and Ribadu lined up, while PDP has just Dankwanbo.
What Ribadu needs to do now, is to remain in PDP and make himself very popular and loved by his people.
His big mistake was leaving APC , leaving PDP now would be a bigger mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by copiescopy(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2015
Sheikh Gumi Alerts Nation On Igbo Domination Of Nigerian Army by samobo: 7:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
Popular and respected Kaduna based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi has alerted the nation to what he believes is an attempt by the current chief of army staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejerika, to tilt the Nigerian Army towards Igbo domination. The Chief of Army Staff is of course an Igbo by tribe.

Though he provided no evidence, Sheikh Gumi published a letter he says is being circulated in the army which complains of the Igbo domination.

Sheikh Gumi's post appears in full below.

A DANGEROUS TREND INDEED!

"Brothers and sisters, country men and fellow citizens.
There is a letter circulating in the internet which depicts the current situation in the Nigerian Army. It says:

“There is a new dangerous trend in promotions and recruitment in the Nigerian Army, which should be firmly and promptly checked before it destroys the military and the country. This trend is clearly visible in the manner in which the current Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Azubuike Ihejirika is handling these two important aspects of running an effective army institution, which is very critical to the survival of any state. It appears that the Chief of Army Staff is on a specific mission, most probably, sponsored by some sinister dark forces bent on destroying the army and setting the country on the path of serious conflagration. From all indication General Ihejirika is deliberately and recklessly pursuing a plan to destroy the career of senior non Igbo officers while at the same time embarking on a massive recruitment of soldiers of Igbo stock in order to eclipse all other ethnic groups in the Nigerian Army. This is raising serious concern within the army. Let us, first, examine the promotion exercises carried out in all the formations since the elevation of Lieutenant General Azubuike Ihejirika to the office of Chief of Army Staff.”

Then it follows with chilling details and specifics which if true the source must be from some senior cadre of the officer corps in the army. This is alarming indeed.

The circular charged that “Lieutenant General Azubuike Ihejirika is on a specific mission, most probably, sponsored by some sinister dark forces bent on destroying the army and setting the country on the path of serious conflagration.”

If we remember that this man was long overdue for retirement but was retained by the GEJ.

If we remember that GEJ tried to cover up for MEND 1st October Abuja terrorist attack.

If we remember the Azazi has extended Nigerian Army weapons to secessionist, was retired then later picked by GEJ as his NSA.

If we remember that the incessant bombings that followed the ascension of GEJ to power in Northern states in the name of Boko Haram, despite the fact it was Yar’aduwa that order the killing of its leader, and the sudden cessations with sudden death of Azazi.
If we remember that the activities of the secessionists in still on and covert.

If I remember that the two people who planted an explosive device on my way five minutes before I pass and went victims of their own machination, were taken off by the Army, the two BBC (Hausa and English) reporters had their cameras and voice recorder ceased by the Army at the site so that they don’t record the incidence precisely.

If we remember all these things we should thank Allah that we lived to hear the true story as it is unfolding. The worst could have happened. And in-sha Allah the worst is over. It is said, the correct diagnosis is half of the cure. The problem is now identified.

As for the solution. There is absolutely no need for any military intervention. That will be criminal. You don’t correct criminality with crimes. Let every Nigerian knows the truth. It is the most potent weapon against evil. Moreover the system is self-regulatory, so let us wait and see. Their plan to secession comes only through disorder and the spill of innocent blood, therefore no chance should be given to that.

May Allah guide us to the straight path and protect our nation from evil people!"

To view his message on his Facebook page, Click Here
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Sibrah: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2015
Ribadu, a man with no Ideology but a with a huge ambition.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Only an ignorant person will abuse Ribadu.

I remember when Ribadu left for PDP, I was devastated because I was pro-APC as at then. Less than six months later, I (myself) left APC to PDP. Many felt let down and bad but I later understood why Ribadu left in the first instance.

A man like Ribadu is a man of integrity. He couldn't stand corrupt Nyako as his leader. He believed that Nigeria need change and he switched to PDP that he feels he can actualise it (though he stood higher chance in APC but we all know that Atiku as party leader will NOT support Ribadu as APC candidate). Unfortunately, forces even within the PDP in Adamawa worked against Ribadu candidacy. They knew that a Governor Ribadu will mean "No Business as usual". Right now, the guy can't cope witj the position of his party and majority chieftains on corruption. I mean, a man like Ribadu can't endorse shielding corrupt people under any guise. If he wants to return to APC, the APC should see it as a boost to their image. Ribadu is an asset! He's the man I want PDP to jealously guide. Should he leave, it will be a heavy blow to PDP. The era where goats will seek for more power after eating yams is over. Votes now counts.

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Ghandi12: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2015
Sibrah:
Ribadu, a man with no Ideology but a with a huge ambition.

Could you prove your assertion with convincing evidences.
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by kelsberg(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2015
Nigerian politics will never sieze to amaze me
Hmmmmm
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by braine(m): 11:02am On Dec 29, 2015
No. We don't want him in APC anymore.
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Chanchit: 11:03am On Dec 29, 2015
This guy mata just be like Micheal Owen weh leave Liverpool go Madrid only for Liverpool to win the Champions league.

6 Likes

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Icecomrade: 11:03am On Dec 29, 2015
G
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by miqos02(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2015
hmm
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by jkendy(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2015
Yes, defect to APC and all your previous sins while in PDP would be forgiven. Nigerian politicians wit evil treacherous minds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 / Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs / What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.