Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,956 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". (17141 Views)

10 Categories Of People That Will Never Fall During Anointing / ☆☆☆Lets Read This Book. The People Vs Mohammed☆☆☆ / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2016
smogup:
best comment on the thread. even Jesus didn't judge people, he only rebuked their ways. judgement should be left to God only.
Jesus judged people oga.

I don't know the version of he bible that you read but he judged people in mine.
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by Tallesty1(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2016
felifeli:

Go and get a job instead of making it your profession to judge other people for what you simply have no guts to do yourself
I judge myself daily and I don't go around judging people.

I just want us to know that judgement is important to everyone one of us.

Anyways, do you have a job for me
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by misreal(m): 8:10am On Jan 05, 2016
folks4luv:
@Op. First define what it means to judge, den define what it means to rebuke or criticize then u will see that when Christ said judge not, he meant judge not. Judges at the law courts have measurements, they judge you by it, ever seen a law court rebuking a criminal? They judge.
Christians need to no d difference between dealing with issues and dealing with people. Judgement have to do with condemnation, but rebuke is not focused on the person but on what a person has done.
A girl had a foursome, I will be right to tell her those who do that will go to hell cause it is against God's laws, but I will be wrong to look her in the face and say "hey sis, ur going to hell", that means I have condemned her, wat if she repents tomorrow?
What's funny is that the moment you tell her those who do that will go tell to hell, because it is against God's law. She will say u just judged her..
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by MizMyColi(f): 8:17am On Jan 05, 2016
Ifebazz:

How do you separate 'behaviour' from 'people'? Methinks, the behaviour makes the people.
smiley
Good Morning.

Behaviour doesn't make people.
If it did, we'd lose hope in their salvation.

I speak from a higher plane.
Where Man's divinity comes to the fore.

Every human is created in the image and likeness of their maker.

While we cannot totally brush aside the fact that a person's behaviour tells a lot about a person at a given time; it would profit humanity more if we judged people, not for what they are now, but for what they can be.

I could be angry right now and say a lot of mean things. I could become dysfunctional in behaviour...
Anyone who slaps an opinion or perception about me in that light is missing an essence.

If folks were awakened to who they really are at the core, we would be better for it.
Even if we erred or missed our way, that knowing that there's more that we can be, that knowing that in love and light were we first conceived in the beginning of time could make all the difference.
It could be our way home.

Certain experiences you might go through will teach you to show more understanding and compassion to people and their chosen paths.
It'll teach you not to write them off in the name of judging them.

You'll learn to see the good in men, step by step, not for what they are now, but for what they can besmiley

The more perfect we become, the less critical we become of the imperfection of others.
It is only imperfection that complains of what isn't perfect.
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2016
mostly dis generation of so called Christians are d worst alive today becos they hate truth passionately. I was correcting a lady last week & she was angry calling me a judge. she said pastor can't correct her talk less of me. d Bible says do not judge by appearance but righteous judgment.

for example a girl will wake up in d morning to go pierce multiple holes on her ear & u correct her & d next tin u are judging her. d example are endless & dat is why d world will never be free from all manners of evil. Satan is d smartest being on earth today & he is fulfilling his ministry
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by GoodMuyis(m): 8:40am On Jan 05, 2016
MizMyColi:

We know that God created everyone in his image and likeness.

Judge a behaviour(s), not a person.
That in itself lies an unfathomable power to transform.

There is a thing that back an unrepentant person, it is EGO. Just as OP said in one s his reply: God continue to send guilty conscience to every hearts but how do we deals with, but because of dead conscience some dont even considered there actions are worthy of rebuke, imagine people invented an evil called WHITE LIES, PET SINS.

Some people do evil willingly, thats why they dont want to be judge, look at the case of Dasuki who tried all means to evade judgement using media to purge himself, the girl having 4some and was happy to have insult God with rebellion attitude.

Yes judge the behavior of those who are penitent, but what of those sin willfully and happy about it, judge the person

I Corinthians 2:15 also says, "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things,

Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Isaiah 3:11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

If I say to someone, You are going to Hell, it doesn't mean i condemned him, Its only Jesus that can Condemned Romans 8:34

You can imagine telling someone, don't drink poison, its not good, without telling him the consequence is death.
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by GoodMuyis(m): 9:11am On Jan 05, 2016
folks4luv:

A girl had a foursome, I will be right to tell her those who do that will go to hell cause it is against God's laws, but I will be wrong to look her in the face and say "hey sis, ur going to hell", that means I have condemned her, wat if she repents tomorrow?

What if the person is taking poison: would it be right to only tell her, poison is harmful, BUT would be wrong to tell she is going to die of that poison..

we judges but do not condemned, because we as Christian did not and cannot insist that the sinner must be punished.

The court judge according to their pattern and WILL insisted that the offender be punishment

Now see the differences
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by DARSHELLE: 9:32am On Jan 05, 2016
Dandeson1:
warrisdis
does anyone else pee on the side of the toilet cos it makes less noise

Hehehe.. . grin
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by efficiencie(m): 9:49am On Jan 05, 2016
"Judge" in the old testament scriptures meant a lot of things, in Gen15:14 it meant "to contend with", in Gen16:5 "to pass a sentence or to vindicate or punish" and in Gen31:37 it meant "to determine right or wrong"...this is also so in the New Testament scriptures as the word Judge is used to encapsulate all the meanings given by the old testament scriptures...So while it must be clear that distinguishing between what is right from what is wrong is in agreement with the scriptures you presented in your exegesis, the condemning or the passing of a sentence on erring or innocent persons could be detrimental - and in both cases, the word Judge is used.

It must be noted that Jesus was just teaching man to be on the safe side...Jesus taught that in the manner in which you judge others, will you also be judged! Hence if you judge, and by judge i mean passing a verdict, you will be judged in like manner (Luke6:37). So if you must judge do not judge by appearance by judge righteously (John7:24) for then and only then will you be judged righteously as well...and by judging righteously, i mean judging by faith or judging by the will of Christ. For Christ is the Judge (Rom2:16) and if Christ judges, i mean passes a verdict through your words, you are justified and none can judge you (

I conclude that you can correct the guilty without stoning them with verdicts and you can encourage the innocent without blinding them with flattery. Only the LORD Jesus Christ has the rewards for the guilty and the innocent and not any man born of a woman...So judge (John7:24) but do not judge (1Cor4:5)...
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by emonkey(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2016
when you judge people the most important thing to do is to examine your own motive. Is it because you feel superior or because their sin is so bad it cannot be forgiven ?

Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by Rapture4real(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2016
The most sensible post I have ever read here .People who indulge in sin misquote that passage to provide a shield for their sin.God bless OP.You must be careful what you ready on naira land.Watch the source-OP. Is the person born again,backslidder in church or norminal christian, free thinkers or realists etc.
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by mapet: 10:15am On Jan 05, 2016
folks4luv:
@Op. First define what it means to judge, den define what it means to rebuke or criticize then u will see that when Christ said judge not, he meant judge not. Judges at the law courts have measurements, they judge you by it, ever seen a law court rebuking a criminal? They judge.
Christians need to no d difference between dealing with issues and dealing with people. Judgement have to do with condemnation, but rebuke is not focused on the person but on what a person has done.

.....you look into her face and say "hey sis, you have just successfully turned back from the gates of hell"
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by FarmTech(m): 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
MizMyColi:

We know that God created everyone in his image and likeness.

Every created being is God-Like.
For the bible makes us understand that Christ fills ALL things with HIMSELF; ALL IN ALL.

If I were to judge a friend who prostitutes for a living based on the eternal truth that they are ever accepted, loved and unjudged before their creator...

I would be more loving and correct them from a place of wholeness and acceptance. I would be more gentle. Most times, because of our human nature and how we've taken the words of men written in the bible as THE word of God, we tend to become destructive, brash and ungentle in our criticism...thereby alienating the more, those we need to bring closer to their maker.

Judge a behaviour(s), not a person.
That in itself lies an unfathomable power to transform.
Point of correction here. The bible is the word of God. The holy spirit inspired people at different times to pen it down. So don't call some of it words of men.
Also, criticism must not always be gentle, otherwise many will never repent. U have to read the bible to see harsh criticism that made people repent, like that of Paul correcting hypocritical Peter etc.
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by FarmTech(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
folks4luv:
Let's clear out sth here: John 7:24 says "stop judging by mere appearances, but instead JUDGE correctly". This tells u that there are correct and incorrect way to judge. The bible simply want us to judge correctly.
To judge means "to form an opinion about somebody or something, based on the information you have". Therefore, b4 u tell the girl that she's going against God's law, u have already judged her. How? Bc u have already formed an opinion about her action, base on the information you have. And ur judgement is correct.
Finally, without the ability to judge correctly, there will be nothing like preaching the gospel.
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lol... Justification to gossip, for some ppl.
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by BobUg28(m): 12:58am On Jan 07, 2016
Hi Ms. Adannaya,

Good morning. Pls I have been waiting for a wholesome opportunity like this to crave for your indulgence to join our whatsapp group; THE READERS'CLUB I decided to meet you cos I know how instrumental and how influential you are here on Nairaland.. I have been your follower for years now. Please, I beseech that you extent your hands of generosity to the other end.
Millions of Nigerian and African youths wish to be as half-intelligent as you're. To that end, we believe that meeting you will help a great deal bringing out the best in others through the help you can offer.

ABOUT READERS'CLUB:It is a platform where you can share whatever interesting part of the book that you are reading with others, and those books that you've read in the past and you feel like it worth it to share with people. It also provides you the opportunity to learn from other readers too.
You will be able to meet readers and lovers
of different categories of books, and from
different walks of life. This group is not
limited to only Nigerians, it is for everyone
as long as you speak and write in English
language. It is another opportunity to meet new friends, buddies with similar vision and
taste.

Ps: Please, no PM. WhatsApp me on +2348092807880 or via bobugeedav@gmail.com.(I'm having some technical issue with my yahoo email address)

Thanks!

MizMyColi:

smiley
Good Morning.

Behaviour doesn't make people.
If it did, we'd lose hope in their salvation.

I speak from a higher plane.
Where Man's divinity comes to the fore.

Every human is created in the image and likeness of their maker.

While we cannot totally brush aside the fact that a person's behaviour tells a lot about a person at a given time; it would profit humanity more if we judged people, not for what they are now, but for what they can be.

I could be angry right now and say a lot of mean things. I could become dysfunctional in behaviour...
Anyone who slaps an opinion or perception about me in that light is missing an essence.

If folks were awakened to who they really are at the core, we would be better for it.
Even if we erred or missed our way, that knowing that there's more that we can be, that knowing that in love and light were we first conceived in the beginning of time could make all the difference.
It could be our way home.

Certain experiences you might go through will teach you to show more understanding and compassion to people and their chosen paths.
It'll teach you not to write them off in the name of judging them.

You'll learn to see the good in men, step by step, not for what they are now, but for what they can besmiley

The more perfect we become, the less critical we become of the imperfection of others.
It is only imperfection that complains of what isn't perfect.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by MizMyColi(f): 8:42am On Jan 07, 2016
smiley smiley
BobUg28:

Hi Ms. Adannaya,

Good morning. Pls I have been waiting for a wholesome opportunity like this to crave for your indulgence to join our whatsapp group; THE READERS'CLUB I decided to meet you cos I know how instrumental and how influential you are here on Nairaland.. I have been your follower for years now. Please, I beseech that you extent your hands of generosity to the other end.
Millions of Nigerian and African youths wish to be as half-intelligent as you're. To that end, we believe that meeting you will help a great deal bringing out the best in others through the help you can offer.

ABOUT READERS'CLUB:It is a platform where you can share whatever interesting part of the book that you are reading with others, and those books that you've read in the past and you feel like it worth it to share with people. It also provides you the opportunity to learn from other readers too.
You will be able to meet readers and lovers
of different categories of books, and from
different walks of life. This group is not
limited to only Nigerians, it is for everyone
as long as you speak and write in English
language. It is another opportunity to meet new friends, buddies with similar vision and
taste.

Ps: Please, no PM. WhatsApp me on +2348092807880 or via bobugeedav@gmail.com.(I'm having some technical issue with my yahoo email address)

Thanks!
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by orisa37: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2016
God sent Satan to Job to torture him. Satan obeyed according to its job description, leaving God to whom it reports to judge it. 2, Whether Job conformed to God's standard through his ordeals in the tests, temptations and those torture, only God could judge. 3, Jesus, Himself instructed Judas, His disciple, to go and do what he had to do. God planned everything and Him alone would judge the rightness or wrongness of every spirit and human aims. 4, In all of these, we are simply called to see, hear, smell, feel, think, reason and praise God for His Word and Way of trasforming the son of man(human) to The Son of God(evil or righteous Spirit; bad or good Angel). 5, For this reason, we must Pray to God to make us righteous and sovereign always before Him. Satisfied?
Re: Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". by oaroloye(m): 4:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
SHALOM!

You clearly have the correct idea about Judgment, and commentary would be redundant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome / Pastor Enenche Celebrates 53rd Birthday With Orphans, Others; Distributes Items / Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.