Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:38 PM

Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. (43394 Views)

Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" / The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by emmydollars4life(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Get a police report nd a court affidavit

1) Go to the waec office that is in the state where u took the exam (for guidelines). My friend has retrieved his own before, but I don't knw the exact process, but I know he went to WAEC office, you may also need statement of waec result nd computer spread sheet of ur weac result(its usually gotten from the school/centre u took d exam)...

2) For FUTO degree, go to exams office (old SEET building last floor) mak a complaint, the may refer you to senate building or records office..(Better still, if u have or knw a well-placed Staff/prof in FUTO, the can also be of great help).

3)For NYSC certificate visit- www.nysc.gov.ng/certificates-info/cr-cert-service.php
But the won't issue you a new certificate, the will give u letter of confirmation
(it can stand in 100% for the burnt certificate- it is accepted nationwide)

4) About your safety certificates, the should have ur records, so the will be able to reprint or give u another

****Pls note a lot of "unnecessary" bureaucratic processes may be involved in this, also Money "may" be also involved for "bribing"," by-passing", "lobbying" etc so just have patience nd save money...

But above all- Pray to GOD for Grace nd Favour- u will seriously need it, it is not the end of life, I have a clue of what it feels like... Just take them 1 by 1....in due time all will be Replaced... Read the book of Job, u will understand better...
Never give up, this ur situation, will become a testimony someday...there is always hope for the living..."a living dog is better than a dead lion"....
Pm me...
Thank you brother u have given me more hope, I am glad, but in addition I have some soft copy of waec, degree and first school leaving certificates can those copy facilitate this process ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Mcowubaba: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
emmydollars4life:

Thank you brother u have given me more hope, I am glad, but in addition I have some soft copy of waec, degree and first school leaving certificates can those copy facilitate this process ?
Yes, the will definitely help...
Print them out, make photocopies...

U can be adding them to the letters u will be writing as u progress during the recovery of the Certificates, just to prove more to them, that u are not blabbing, u knw Nigerians can be hard to convince.....but just take them 1 after the other, so it won't choke u...
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by emmydollars4life(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
yorex2011:
i dont know if its available or not, but one could actually design a fire/waterproof/rodent proof flatbox for certificates, wud save people a lot of heart ache..this is really disheartening

if you have scanned copies, print them out and get a sworn affidavit for each..proceed to the individual bodies that issued those certificates and with the help of Certificate numbers might replace some and the no replaceable ones can give you a stamped letter of reference or something...I'm sure the three of them would suffice as proof you have the certificates (affidavit, scanned copy and ref letter)
Thanks
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Folksyharry(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
I'm truly sorry for your loss. This has happened to my friend before. You need to swear an affidavit and start writing to the various boards and schools so that the right measures will be taken. I suggest you go to the boards and schools yourself so that you can get swift responses. It's going to consume time and money.
I wish you the best and pray God will help you to overcome this challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by oladipoolaitan(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
I had the same horrible experience last year march 19th when I was traveling from Benue state to niger state, because I was on transfer . When I almost ran into trailer on diversion to the bush my car surmersaulted and bust into a flame . I lost all my personal effect including my credential in the inferno, it was almost my life that was saved.
I swore a court affidavit, collected poliCe extract. Then retrieved all the photocopy of my credentials from my company through the HRM, then go to my school in ABU Zaria , and they authenticate the photocopy copy. The same thing applicable to O. Level certificate. The most painful aspect of it is that no institution that will reissue a certificate twice.

Pls, just alway make a scanned and copied of ur credentials. And save it online or ur email.

Hard luck bro.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by abimic(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
braine:
Awww. Sorry bro. This is quite unfortunate. This same thing happened to a neighbor during the Ojuelegba fire in Lagos. I'm not sure you can get them back. You can only do an affidavit and get reference from your schools and departments as most schools and institutions don't issue certificates twice. I hope you have scanned or soft copies of the documents saved online tho. cry

Take heart.
U are very correct and that's the only hope he's got, he can only present photocopies, affidavit to prove he lost his certificates to fire and the company or establishment he wishes to use them with would do confirmation if need be. Samething happened to the erstwhile vice president, namadi Sambo, he lost his University certificate from ABU to fire, so he declared his result and INEC did a follow up with the school to prove it, same thing with his WAEC. Certificates are hardly issued twice due to the number usually on it to avoid conflict.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by nikz(f): 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
So sorry. It won't b easy but just pray for favour and go with the pics to ur sch. That's why it's best to scan your documents and save them on d system or phone.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by don4real18(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
Just use "ctrl z"

Just kidding.. Go to your school

1 Like

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by murtaj(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
hmmmm sorry
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by sheylarhh(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
elderstan:
Somebody help me and xplain to me the mening of SALINE SLUTION and how to make it. Ur help will be dully apreciated

Na salt solution... Jux weight like 8g of normal salt in 1l of distilled water
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
elderstan:
Somebody help me and xplain to me the mening of SALINE SLUTION and how to make it. Ur help will be dully apreciated

Hmm , I have a feeling you want to abort a pregnancy with it , better don't try it as it will surely lead to complications in the hands of a non medical personnel
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Walexz02(m): 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
elderstan:
Water mixed with salt (table salt )
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Walexz02(m): 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Hmm , I have a feeling you want to abort a pregnancy with it , better don't try it as it will surely lead to complications in the hands of a non medical personnel
Like seriously you mean shocked
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by barajo1(m): 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
elderstan:
if d quantity u need is not much, just beat up ur younger one and collect their tears! sound absurd? tears is a taste of a real saline solution. ingredients for preparing d solution is just salt and water. mix abt 2.5 gram of salt ( common salt u use in ur kitchen) and a glass of water. stir very well then add another glass of hot water. stir again and allow to cool. there are other methods but try this and thank me later
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by lailo: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
In a zoo republic,this may not be easy oooo
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Raphael81(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
the witches in his village finally bought a tracker
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by ruky8(m): 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
elderstan:
Saline solution is normal saline . its d normal drip Dats giving to a sick patient in d hospital by a doctor.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
BTT:

May God restore you.

Ile oba tojona, ewa lo bukun
You don't joke with people's plight

1 Like

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by princezzlolly(f): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
J E S U S
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by DocAdray(f): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
So sorry about your loss bro, it's well.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by MisterLawyer: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sorry bro...but don't feel too bad because you can get a substitute... simply go to the high court of your state, and swear to an affidavit for every document... it goes for less than 500 (at most 500,because of d women wey go eye you for court say make you drop something).... and feel relaxed because LEGALLY ,an affidavit takes the effect of the original document... #gbam... problem solved..

1 Like

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by emmydollars4life(m): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2015
Rukemi291:
Were you able to pick any little piece of the burnt certificate? Please try to get anything that shows an evidence that a certificate was burnt no matter how tiny. This might be useful when requesting for evidence from some of your institutions.

So sorry.
Yes I have some partially burnt copy of those certificates and I also have some soft copy of it too.

1 Like

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by emmydollars4life(m): 1:06am On Dec 30, 2015
Folksyharry:
I'm truly sorry for your loss. This has happened to my friend before. You need to swear an affidavit and start writing to the various boards and schools so that the right measures will be taken. I suggest you go to the boards and schools yourself so that you can get swift responses. It's going to consume time and money.
I wish you the best and pray God will help you to overcome this challenge.
Amen is a big challenge indeed
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 30, 2015
Terrible and shocking experience
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by bolseas(f): 8:09am On Dec 30, 2015
As a precaution, people should try to buy fireproof safes to protect important documents from getting burnt and flood....
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2015
emmydollars4life:
I am a graduate of federal University of technology Owerri (Futo) unfortunately on 26 day of December I was traveling to a cousin sister trad. On the way I received a call that my house is on fire, that the fire is so intense That nothing was rescued from the house, I lost 12 important certificates including Nysc, degree, waec, safety certificates etc even the clothes and other valuable got burnt I am so confused right now, I will need your help, if u have pass through this process or u have seen anybody that have pass through the process.
Please move this to Front page lalasticlal.a

Very tragic, ur degree certificates can be reissued, but it's going to take a rigorous process, Nysc gives an explanation letter that serves in lieu of destroyed certificates, it's waec I don't know about, am so sorry about your losses, I can imagine how this feels, take hrt and take it slow bro.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Sexyolori(f): 11:52am On Dec 30, 2015
Hi op, sorry about your loss. Been in your shoes but I was lucky that my degree certificate was not in the house at dt time. Certificates are not issued twice, I have tried to get my WAEC certificate back and that she what I was told.
First of all, get a police extract on the fire incident itemizing documents lost among other things and do an affidavit to reflect same. You can go to your secondary school for a photocopy of their own certificate and you can make use of your statement of result attaching the affidavit and extract. Any interviewer understand.
By the way, do you have soft copies of your certificates?
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by BTT(m): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
handsomeclouds:

You don't joke with people's plight

I feel sorry. I have clipped the offensive part.

Thank you.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
BTT:

I feel sorry. I have clipped the offensive part.

Thank you.

I have edited the quote too
U welcome

1 Like

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by emmydollars4life(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
Sexyolori:
Hi op, sorry about your loss. Been in your shoes but I was lucky that my degree certificate was not in the house at dt time. Certificates are not issued twice, I have tried to get my WAEC certificate back and that she what I was told.
First of all, get a police extract on the fire incident itemizing documents lost among other things and do an affidavit to reflect same. You can go to your secondary school for a photocopy of their own certificate and you can make use of your statement of result attaching the affidavit and extract. Any interviewer understand.
By the way, do you have soft copies of your certificates?
Yes I have soft copy, but do get any of those original copy from those board that you applied?

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by mikolo80: 4:21am On Dec 31, 2015
elderstan:
salt and water
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Sexyolori(f): 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=emmydollars4life post=41492375][/quote
I don't understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ashley Ezeiyi, GOU Student Dies Months After Winning School Crown / 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) / Our Boys Woo All With Benz On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.