Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? (10139 Views)

/ 8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
OK, now I'm getting really concerned. Why do a lot of guys find it very easy to just ask a girl to travel down to see them? It's weird. They may have just been talking casually for a couple of days or at best weeks and sb starts making a very funny demand. Like, why the heck should a girl actually travel to visit some random dude at her own peril?

And these dudes pop the question so easily like it's no big deal at all. A girl could be in Delta, for instance, and a guy with whom she has no real connection with will be asking her to come down to Abuja. Is it some sort of joke question or they really do believe that it will be done? If really the guy's interested in meeting up, he's supposed to know that he's in a better place to be the one making the effort and not the other way round.

Perhaps, some ppl do it . But there's always going to be exceptions to everything and I daresay it's a really minute percentage who does things like that, so why do they still ask?

5 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by falconey(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
I'll come back and modify , I'm at award night.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by MzPecs(f): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Seriously, guys are so fond of that rubbish and they say it like it's no big deal! undecided

What's stopping such guy from travelling all the way from his location to the lady's location.

...and the funny part is, some of them will ask you to transport yourself all the way and they'll refund you when you come. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by pet4ril(f): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Its a matter of choice, because the guy will not go and drag the gal to visit him if the gal refuse........ We ladies should also learn to respect ourselves

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by LaurelP(m): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Did he ask you to come over?
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by ORACLE1975(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
FP first then..
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oloshos now complain when they call them for their job interview. undecided

Disadvantages Of Being Beautiful

cool

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by smsshola(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
pet4ril:
Its a matter of choice, because the guy will not go and drag the gal to visit him if the gal refuse........ We ladies should also learn to respect ourselves

True talk...Ladies only complaints after they make such journey and the trip is not in her favour.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Moz22: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
This is baseless..so sorry to say. I have had instances whereby d girl tells d guy to send tfare for her to travel to d guy's place..its a matter of choice. Afterall its not like d guy dey use afoshe or the girl has been charmed or whatsoever..so this topic is fruitless

5 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
D guy no force u na.

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by AyamConfidence(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Its immature....i dont do that it doesnt make sense to me
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
One just asked me to come down to Adamawa..(By road)...grin

Bokoharam's central!! What nonsense!!!undecided

5 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by MRBrownJ: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oliviaarims:
OK, now I'm getting really concerned. Why do a lot of guys find it very easy to just ask a girl to travel down to see them? It's weird. They may have just been talking casually for a couple of days or at best weeks and sb starts making a very funny demand. Like, why the heck should a girl actually travel to visit some random dude at her own peril?

And these dudes pop the question so easily like it's no big deal at all. A girl could be in Delta, for instance, and a guy with whom she has no real connection with will be asking her to come down to Abuja. Is it some sort of joke question or they really do believe that it will be done? If really the guy's interested in meeting up, he's supposed to know that he's in a better place to be the one making the effort and not the other way round.

Perhaps, some ppl do it . But there's always going to be exceptions to everything and I daresay it's a really minute percentage who does things like that, so why do they still ask?

the reason many men are doing it is because there are many women who will gladly go, viewing such proposal as a vacation... the important fact here is: did you tell him exactly why you turned down his offer?

btw if you think it is ok to have some dude (you barely know) travel from Abuja to come see you, then i see no difference between this and his request.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by missKiffy(f): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
Well, some girls do oblige, that's why some equally ask

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Charles4075(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
pet4ril:
May God bless you for this post.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by francizy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hehehehehe! Them guys wanna shine some congo... grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Tallesty1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
The guy will travel all the way from his state to your state to come and see you right.

Then you will find your favorite joint and take him there.

You both will chop heaven and earth, which I am sure he will be the one to pay.

Thereafter you will see him off and if the distance is too far, you will direct him where he will lodge(because you can't take him home).

And the in the night you will text him trashes bout how you love him and how you miss him already.

The next day he go carry wetin he carry come dey go back to his base.

Thunder fire you.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:

the reason many men are doing it is because there are many women who will gladly go, viewing such proposal as a vacation... the important fact here is: did you tell him exactly why you turned down his offer?

btw if you think it is ok to have some dude (you barely know) travel from Abuja to come see you, then i see no difference between this and his request.

It would only be permitted if the meeting is ultimately necessary. And of course it's different. As long as u're in ur comfort zone, u call the shots and determine what happens. U decide where and when to meet. Have a couple of ppl know what's going on and whatever else is necessary.
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by MRBrownJ: 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oliviaarims:

It would only be permitted if the meeting is ultimately necessary. And of course it's different. As long as u're in ur comfort zone, u call the shots and determine what happens. U decide where and when to meet. Have a couple of ppl know what's going on and whatever else is necessary.

ok so what you mean is that ultimately the whole friendship/affair (or whatever) is about YOU and your wishes, without caring one bit for that person's wishes? it sounds more like a nervous interview rather than a date between 2 people who like each other. isnt it 50/50 in your world? what about meeting the guy half way in this quest for affection?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=41463619][/quote]

Lmao.. Oh, my goodness, this is funny. What I deduce from ur write up, though.. Is that they have selfish and perhaps ulterior motives.

But wait first, Thunder fire you back. Lol
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
pet4ril:

Of course, it's a matter of choice. U're missing the point. I'm not saying a girl is obliged to start traveling indiscriminately to see a guy just because he's asked her to. I'm just expressing my surprise at it seems so convenient for them to ask.
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by hatux: 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Estharfabian:
One just asked me to come down to Adamawa..(By road)...grin

Bokoharam's central!! What nonsense!!!undecided
If it was by air, you'd be there right

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:

ok so what you mean is that ultimately the whole friendship/affair (or whatever) is about YOU and your wishes, without caring one bit for that person's wishes? it sounds more like a nervous interview rather than a date between 2 people who like each other. isnt it 50/50 in your world? what about meeting the guy half way in this quest for affection?

That's the issue. There aren't mutual feelings. They might just be acquaintances or perhaps the guy's claiming to be in love. If it's a proper relationship or a prospective one, I have no problem with that.
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by MRBrownJ: 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oliviaarims:

That's the issue. There aren't mutual feelings. They might just be acquaintances or perhaps the guy's claiming to be in love. If it's a proper relationship or a prospective one, I have no problem with that.

if there aint no mutual feelings then the lady should tell exactly that to the guy and spare him the journey. if she tells the guy:"i cant come to your city but come to mine" then this is a green light.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by ScofieldBello(m): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Help me tell them ladies o!

MRBrownJ:

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by ScofieldBello(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
It isn't childish or absurd. It is a case of 'offer and counter offer'

I have had ladies asked me to come down too...and yes, I turned the offers down but didn't seem offended.

Nigerians just have secular mindsets (even the much more religious ones) and it is the reason the NORMAL seems ABNORMAL and vice versa.
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:

if there aint no mutual feelings then the lady should tell exactly that to the guy and spare him the journey. if she tells the guy:"i cant come to your city but come to mine" then this is a green light.

Lol. U don't get it. The girl hasn't professed love or the sort. They talk on very neutral grounds. Sometimes, the conversation doesn't get past exchange of pleasantries..So, he should know that there isn't any real attraction. And the dude will still think it okay to be inviting her over. Whatever for?

If she does ask him to come over, then yea. That could be regarded as a greenlight.

Let's however not lose sight of the point. Some guys just make unnecessary invitations!
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by olaboy001(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ok
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
hatux:
If it was by air, you'd be there right
coolcoolcool
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by MRBrownJ: 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Lol. U don't get it. The girl hasn't professed love or the sort. They talk on very neutral grounds. Sometimes, the conversation doesn't get past exchange of pleasantries.. And the dude will still think it okay to be inviting her over. Whatever for?
If she does ask him to come over, then yea. That could be regarded as a greenlight.

Let's however not lose sight of the point. Some guys just make unnecessary invitations!

i think you are the one who doesnt understand us men... you see, since there is some sort of connection here (however small/formal it may be), that man wants to try his luck and stop wasting time with this back and forth long distance BS.... so he invites the gal over. if she comes and they get along like a glove then they can continue making sense out of this thing (and possibly have a great r/ship), if they dont get along then at least he would have possibly gotten some "free" coochie.

so as you can see, it is a win-win situation here for men, and certainly not unnecessary invites..... it becomes unnecessary when the gal dont give a damn about the guy but keep stringing him along for online chit chat that goes nowhere, and where everyone can pretend to be who they are not, since they never met in real life.

now if that gal doesnt want to meet, then fair enough, and let that guy not waste any more time with you... but sadly we all know that many of these women CRAVE for men's attention.

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by jearile(m): 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Perception or Character... It's either they perceive you are like their previous victims or it is just in their nature to be irresponsible.
There are ample of boys and girls who think they are men and ladies but in reality what seems to be common sense is not common because they have lost every sense of the word DIGNITY.
Re: What's The Reason Some Guys Do This? by tosyne2much(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
AyamConfidence:
Its immature....i dont do that it doesnt make sense to me
Egbon u sef dey here ni? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Black Americans Have So Much Swag / Female Pastor Ask Men To Sleep With Her For Deliverance [pics/video] / Nairalanders! Check Out My Six Packs (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.