Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,436 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID (2593 Views)

How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You / She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview / E-recruiter MTN Graduate Trainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by HDee(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
Time and time again, former recruiter Connie
Thanasoulis-Cerrachio has seen job candidates get
far along in the job application process just to fail
during the interview round. Now as a career coach
and co-founder of SixFigureStart, Thanasoulis-
Cerrachio, who worked at Merrill Lynch, educates
people on the mistakes to avoid in the job search and
interview process. Here are some of her best pieces
of advice.
#
1 Don’t be overconfident and wing it
”Recruiters have a sixth sense of when candidates
are winging it,” says Thanasoulis-Cerrachio. If you’ve made it far enough in the job process to land an interview, make every effort to prepare for it. Far too often, she’s seen candidates who should’ve snagged the job, but fail to do so because they were
underprepared and overconfident.

#2 Don’t take the phone interview lightly
A lot of recruiters will start the job interview process by screening candidates over the phone. Phone interviews are basically like open-book tests, says
Thanasoulis-Cerrachio. “It’s an opportunity to have
all your notes in front of you, you just have to
prepare and get those examples ready to go.” And
making a good impression over the phone will get
you in front of them for the next round face-to-face.

#3 Don’t forget to focus on quantifiable results
When sharing an example of your strengths and
successes, lead with quantifiable results. Often
candidates will begin by sharing one success story
and jump to another before completing their first
thought. “Instead, if you’ve increased revenue by
50%, lead with that statement and then go into the
story because now you have my attention,” says
Thanasoulis-Cerrachio.

#4 Don’t just prepare responses to the tough
questions
. Before walking into an interview, most people will
have answers prepared for the tough questions about
their biggest strengths and weaknesses. But when
employers ask, “Can you walk me through your
resume?” you’ll be surprised at how many people
stumble, she says. The best way to answer this basic
question is to be concise and to the point, as well as
enthusiastic and positive about your
accomplishments.

#5 Don’t be shy about how much you want the job
“As a recruiter, I always want to hire the people that
really want the job. If I’m going to extend an offer, I
want to know that you’re going to accept,” says
Thanasoulis-Cerrachio. After expressing your
interest, end the interview by letting your interviewer
know how you can bring significant value to this role. #

https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/finance/news/interview-confessions-of-a-former-recruiter--5-things-to-avoid-180519533.html?.intl=us&.lang=en-us

2 Likes

Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by ksstroud: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
shocked
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by HDee(m): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Cc lalasticlala grin
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by phranseeqz(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
I'll just keep learning till i land it

1 Like

Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by HDee(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
phranseeqz:
I'll just keep learning till i land it
exactly grin
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by phranseeqz(m): 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
HDee:
exactly grin

smiley
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by hardychris(m): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2015
Nice one
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 30, 2015
coolnoted
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by pheelhip(m): 6:36am On Dec 30, 2015
it's making sense.. the poster just nailed it. kiss
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by xage(m): 6:56am On Dec 30, 2015
While you are sitted for interview, this is not the time to adjust ur caller or aligning ur tie. Do all of these before your turn.

Wear a mindset of confidence and assume you probably going in to lecture d panel,overconfidence is not as harmful as lack of it.

Speak up while responding to answeres, the fastest way to measure inteligent and confidence level is through your tone texture and your volume level, a terribl low and shaky voice is a No No!
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by fabulousmann(f): 9:08am On Dec 30, 2015
very informative
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Tanks, we gona kip trying..

E shall be well by Gods grace
Re: Interviews Confession By A Former Recruiter: 5 THINGS TO AVOID by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please I need someone to help me review my c.v

(1) (Reply)

AEDC Is Recruiting / SOL NIGERIA Test And Interview Invite For Tomorrow / Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Customer Service Rep. Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.