Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 (33149 Views)

Just In: Document Showing The Transfer Of $47m From CBN Loaded In 11 Suitcases / A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / Photo: Document Showing How They Shared Our Common Patrimony @ NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by unibenstudent1(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Here is the population of Nigeria as against the present population of 2013 .
click link to see population of 2013,this will shock you.
http://coolestchris..com.ng/2015/12/document-showing-population-of-nigeria.html

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 30, 2015
Great and the North has it grin

UP NORTH

8 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by feldido(m): 8:51am On Dec 30, 2015
Cool
Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by theSpark(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2015
Between 1920 and 2006 the population jumped from 18m to about 150m. Nigerians reproduce well. By 2020 we go dey 200 million.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Aristotle96(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2015
Very soon space no go dy 9ja again o... We are over productive grin

6 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by coolzeal(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2015
Naija... Too much f*ucking without planning ahead to feed them. cheesy cheesy

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Lordave: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2015
Interesting!

Enugu and Onitsha alone has about 3.5m population.

9 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by fulanimafia: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2015
No. This is another fake census report by the northern controlled National Population Commission.

The truth is like a goldfish, it cannot be hidden forever.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Lordave: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2015
fulanimafia:
No. This is another fake census report by the northern controlled National Population Commission.

The truth is like a goldfish, it cannot be hidden forever.
That doesn't mean that Hausa or Fulani is the largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by fulanimafia: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2015
Of course, it means they're the smallest ethnic group grin.

Lordave:
That doesn't mean that Hausa or Fulani is the largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by buskie13(m): 9:18am On Dec 30, 2015
Lordave:
Interesting!

Onitsha alone can boast of 3million itself
Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Lordave: 9:19am On Dec 30, 2015
fulanimafia:
Of course, it means they're the smallest ethnic group grin.

If you like say they are not Nigerians, but I'm glad you know that I know that you know that Fulanis nor Hausas is not the largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by princemillla(m): 9:26am On Dec 30, 2015
Govt need to enforce control of child birth. Nawa oooo. This is too much
Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by drss(m): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2015
a particular place in d zoo marry an average of 4 to 6 wives in one swoop n breed 20-30 children but adds nothing to d federation account. their children ar litered all over d place like rodents.
interestingly, there's an organism dat shares d same pattern with these pipul - Parasites. they breed in multitudes n consume everytin but produces nothing. it only majors in sicknesses n diseases. these particular pipul ar d disease afflicting nigeria.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Lordave: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2015
buskie13:
Onitsha alone can boast of 3million itself
I mean as of 1920.

If you're talking about now, Onitsha shouldn't be less than 4 million

1 Like

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by unibenstudent1(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2015
is ur dad proud of u?
drss:
a particular place in d zoo marry an average of 4 to 6 wives n breed 30 children but produce nothing to d federation account. their children ar litered all over d place.
there's an organism dat shares d same pattern; Parasites. they consume everyting but produce nothing except sickness. they ar disease.

12 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by drss(m): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2015
unibenstudent1:
is ur dad proud of u?
yes.

10 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by cheruv: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2015
unibenstudent1:
Here is the population of Nigeria as against the present population of 2013 .
click link to see population of 2013,this will shock you.
http://coolestchris..com.ng/2015/12/document-showing-population-of-nigeria.html

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by unibenstudent1(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2015
nnamdi kanu has apologized remaining u[quote author=cheruv post=41475541][/quote]

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by cheruv: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
SW = 1976291
SE/SS = 5880006

Ihe a gosiri na kemgbe 1920,onu ogugu Igbo eruola nde 2½...
Provinz Onicha bu steeti Anambra na Enugwu ugbu a di 1493945,nke Owerre bu steeti Imo, Abia, Rivers ugbu a di 1975784 shockedshocked
Egwu dikwa oo shockedshockedshocked
A si na ahia ohu Atlantika emeghi, onu ogugu Igbo gāri iru nde 100+ ugbu a

That's means Igbos are definitively the largest ethnicity in Nigeria cool

24 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by fulanimafia: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2015
Keep telling yourself that...who cares grin?

Next time use your population to win an election, instead of reducing it by protesting against armed soldiers.

Lordave:
If you like say they are not Nigerians, but I'm glad you know that I know that you know that Fulanis nor Hausas is not the largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by cheruv: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2015
unibenstudent1:
nnamdi kanu has apologized remaining u
Enyi ragbuo onwe gi ngāhu!!! angry

10 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by meezynetwork(m): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2015
From the document it shows igbo land has always been populous if owerri and onitsha province could account for about 3.5m of 8m southern population which is about half of the total population. And also the Yorubas has major towns and live in clusters while the Igbos live sparsely. I don't know why ogoja has been neglected so badly like this. This has been a prominent name right from ages. Visited ogoja this year on my way to obudu and it's still the same little and low life town it has always been. It's time for ogoja state to be created. All other names are big towns now expect ogoja.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by QuotaSystem: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2015
Lordave:

You have forgotten that five percenters are the largest ethnic group in Nigeria?

What an inferiority complex ravaged fellow.

4 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by omonnakoda: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2015
Lordave:
Interesting!

I think those terms refer to a lot more territory than what they mean today e.g Colony does not mean Lagos State as we know it now and I am sure "Kano" does not mean what we understand it to mean today we need to match those terms to a contemporaneous map

Anyway we must not fall victim to the mindset "It is in a book it must be true"

Thinking involves asking questions
Who wrote this book when and why with what authority?
What are these figures based on? A census? When did that census happen? Was it accepted etc. We must learn to ask questions and not believe anything we hear or read

22 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by yhemsy62(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2015
theSpark:
Between 1920 and 2006 the population jumped from 18m to about 150m. Nigerians reproduce well. By 2020 we go dey 200 million.

2020 is too far my broda come 2016 you will see what our population would have turn to after 2016 national population census
Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Flyoruboy(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2015
cheruv:
SW = 1976291
SE/SS = 5880006

Ihe a gosiri na kemgbe 1920,onu ogugu Igbo eruola nde 2½...
Provinz Onicha bu steeti Anambra na Enugwu ugbu a di 1493945,nke Owerre bu steeti Imo, Abia, Rivers ugbu a di 1975784 shockedshocked
Egwu dikwa oo shockedshockedshocked
A si na ahia ohu Atlantika emeghi, onu ogugu Igbo gāri iru nde 100+ ugbu a

That's means Igbos are definitively the largest ethnicity in Nigeria cool

What was SE population stat during the last census compared to the the SS? Can't you stand without the SS? What of other censuses since 1920?

22 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Lordave: 10:36am On Dec 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
I think those terms refer to a lot more territory than what they mean today e.g Colony does not mean Lagos State as we know it now and I am sure "Kano" does not mean what we understand it to mean today we need to match those terms to a contemporaneous map

Anyway we must not fall victim to the mindset "It is in a book it must be true"

Thinking involves asking questions
Who wrote this book when and why with what authority?
What are these figures based on? A census? When did that census happen? Was it accepted etc. We must learn to ask questions and not believe anything we hear or read
You have a point but I don't think Owerri of then includes places like Aba, Umuahia or even Okigwe. Onitsha couldn't have included Enugu and Abakaliki. So I think whatever territories Onitsha and Owerri referred to, did not cover up to 1/4 of Igboland then, likewise the Colony and Kano.

Well, I haven't said that it's true, I'm just making argument with the content of the book, not saying they were fact.
Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by kelsberg(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2015
So, Na so
Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Lordave: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2015
QuotaSystem:

You have forgotten that five percenters are the largest ethnic group in Nigeria?

What an inferiority complex ravaged fellow.
If you have a proof Hausa or Fulani is the largest ethnic group in Nigeria bring it forward and stop making noise.
Wetin Fulanimafia with all the intellectual education he acquired in Timbuktu couldn't prove na you QuotaSystem wan come try.

Inferiority complex? I don't think someone who because of him quota system/federal character got inserted into our laws is in the best position to accuse someone of inferiority complex syndrome.

6 Likes

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by cheruv: 10:52am On Dec 30, 2015
Flyoruboy:

What was SE population stat during the last census compared to the the SS? Can't you stand without the SS? What of other censuses since 1920?
That Onicha province which is present day Anambra and Enugwu States is 1493945 in population as compared to the whole West which is 1976291 in population has already rubbished whatever you had to say! angry
The other provinces were mixed with Igbos and non Igbos with Igbos making up at least 60% of population... Onicha is the only province that's wholly Igbo that's why I used it.
The Brits were the ones who did the census as far back as 1920...when no interests were at play so don't bring in any rubbish sentiments here....if it pains you that much ask the NPC to add ethnicity and religion to the 2017 data grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 by Lordave: 10:52am On Dec 30, 2015
fulanimafia:
Keep telling yourself that...who cares grin?

Next time use your cattle and under age children to win an election, instead of reducing it by protesting against armed soldiers.

Fixed! grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Announces Recovery Of N3.4 Trillion In One Year / Senator Adeleke's Autopsy Report Reveals High Levels Of Alcohol And Banned Drugs / Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.