Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Abomination - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Abomination (7267 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abomination by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
llaykorn:

Yes, brother, I agree with you. The same thing happened to me a few months back. I didn't write a line for about 50 days. grin

Hi.... smiley

Question

Can poetry be learnt or is it a gift? embarassed
Re: Abomination by bqlekan(m): 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
Wow! Nice piece... I want to Learn poetry o angry
Re: Abomination by llaykorn: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nubian113:

Hi.... smiley

Question

Can poetry be learnt or is it a gift? embarassed

Hi. smiley

The ability to write poetry is a gift - a gift possessed by virtually everyone.
Re: Abomination by donifez(m): 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice one Emma.
Re: Abomination by whitebone(m): 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
morganacanta:

A heartfelt advice for the poet ...lay off writing poetry .Even my six year old niece can do better and she just learnt ABC.

Honestly speaking, you sound astonishingly stupid and foolish sweetheart.
Re: Abomination by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
llaykorn:

Hi. smiley

The ability to write poetry is a gift - a gift possessed by virtually everyone.

That makes perfect sense, thank you smiley
Re: Abomination by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
desmondDessi:
grin

My head dodges as madness flies.

NiceOne

***Let me help you dodge*** grin

@OP...

I loved reading that grin grin grin
Re: Abomination by whitebone(m): 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
morganacanta:

I know honosexuality is becoming very common in Nigeria but pls abstain from using such words near me am very homophobic .

Now you know how it feels to water other people down with WORDS..

Mind you it is called homosexuality and not HONOsexuality..

Shame on you who claim you can write the best poem in the world and yet you hardly spell a simple english word correctly..

Shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abomination by whitebone(m): 12:12am On Dec 31, 2015
[
morganacanta:

Lol even a slowpoke knew that was a typo carry your gay sef out of my mention .
Useless slowpoke.

Baby are you hurt ??!! No don't tell me I hurt you darling Lmfao..
Abe gi go boil beans dem don bring light... Mr Poet Of Africa ..
Re: Abomination by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 31, 2015
emaculate99:
Abomination! Abomination! The wails of the unborn babies heard, Their future mother a cause of tears, My village, now immorality dent, Palm oil, my white now stained.
Gone to the earth like the dead Abacha, Through the thin air unspoken, Days when dogs barked at nudity, And madness its mother's name, Now this, the world embrace, My head dodges as madness flies.
Abomination! This must cease to continue, The gods need to be appeased, For ye, the holy temple disesteemed, The price to appease the gods, Must thine behold.
"One Python's eggs, Two lions' teeth, Three leopard's heart, Four fat cows, Five live lionesses, Six live anaconda, And seven Pacific cowries- The sacrifice must be complete!"
The chief priest has spoken, So, let the madness stop, But can this be stopped?
©Emaculate Ife 2015
quite impressive
Re: Abomination by dotlanre(m): 6:57am On Dec 31, 2015
Seriously speaking wot d OP is saying has a simple nd understandable meaning nd yet its something to wonder nd ponder on.
But only dos dats been burnt in dia fingers by d blue color of d flame wen trying 2 touch it thinking of its something of beauty will know.
Nice 1 @OP
Re: Abomination by FrancisCAF: 7:08am On Dec 31, 2015
The dullard professors are busy rating and scoring the poem(uncle JB effecting corrections on what he does not even know the meaning). Nigerians need to grow in mentality. Our comments sometimes show the level of illiteracy. They failed to analyze the message, the poet passed across. Thank you for that message Emaculate99. A great work indeed. Remain blessed
Re: Abomination by unmask: 7:15am On Dec 31, 2015
Adam and eve were made without clothes......so you guys should quit with the castigating of women's clothing...if her nipple.s and privies are covered, no cause for alarm.......and yes I can let my daughter wear it
Re: Abomination by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 31, 2015
FrancisCAF:
The dullard professors are busy rating and scoring the poem. None talked about the message, the poet passed across. Thank you for that message Emaculate99. A great work indeed. Remain blessed
You have surprisingly failed to talk about the message too.
Re: Abomination by joseph1832(m): 7:41am On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

Lol that's why the poem is atrocious because it fell into no type of poetry .
Is it a sonnet ,an epic or ode ?
Anyway I've finally decided the kind of poetry it is "it is called nonsensical rambling "
LMFAO. Please don't hurt yourself by saying what you know little or nothing about.

For your information, its a Free verse poem. And your decision about the type of poetry it is is lame as usual. Please again, learn to not speak about things you know absolutely nothing of.

Thanks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abomination by poik(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2015
Am I actually seeing people criticise this poem? Are u pipo serious? A piece that made my day? There is no rule cast I stone for poetry o, in fact writing as a whole. Well done op
Re: Abomination by firestar(f): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2015
Morganacanta.

If you need to critique a piece, always know that it must be constructive.

I will critique your say. Please don't downgrade others by comparing that piece to a so called six-year old still learning the nursery rhyme.

You seem to have opened a new account I gather, so you are either a newbie, an ex-convict (banned), or a cloned oldie.

Mind your manners please.

Regards.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abomination by Pdizzle(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
firestar:
Morganacanta.

If you need to critique a piece, always know that it must be constructive.

I will critique your say. Please don't downgrade others by comparing that piece to a so called six-year old still learning the nursery rhyme.

You seem to have opened a new account I gather, so you are either a newbie, an ex-convict (banned), or a cloned oldie.

Mind your manners please.

Regards.

I trust fire!
Emma abeg make them deliver those items to me, as the chief priest wink
Re: Abomination by firestar(f): 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

Oh shut it tramp ! You might have an affiliation with mediocrity but I don't .So don't disturb my mention again. There should be no constructive criticism with this embarrassment to literature .

Your last warning kiddo.
Re: Abomination by Buqqui: 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

Oh shut it tramp ! You might have an affiliation with mediocrity but I don't .So don't disturb my mention again. There should be no constructive criticism with this embarrassment to literature .

Who is this dumb dumb spitting trash all over poetry?
Is it attention you seek or you are just plain silly?
Re: Abomination by Bukish21(f): 2:41am On Jan 01, 2016
morganacanta:

A heartfelt advice for the poet ...lay off writing poetry .Even my six year old niece can do better and she just learnt ABC.
If you're SIX-yr-old jst learnt ABC in ds century, dn its a syndrome. If you dnt knw anytn abt poems, jst sleep.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Black Jesus / Nairaland Poetry Club: Valentine Duets / (ARTICLE)A Poetry Piece Dedicated To The Super Eagles BY Dare David James Pascal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.