Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Do We Marry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Marry? (3342 Views)

8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person / A Very Good Reason Why We Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
I created a thread some weeks back about how best to design a house in anticipation of a second wife but instead of gettin the advice I sought, I found myself defending polygamy. Many accussed me of just wanting to satisfy my sexual pleasure at the detriments of my wives.
I would like to know why you got married or why do you want to get married?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Marry? by Chidoks(f): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
I was there,now I'm here.
Before moving to the new topic, did you get your design? Have you spotted your new bride or are you still searching?
You nko why did you marry?
Hahaha! Ok lemme answer your questions but you must answer mine o.
1. I married to find fulfilment and rest
2. To raise offerings
3. To avoid sin
4. Companionship
5. To love and be loved

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Marry? by JudgementHammer: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
Op no dey do like woman just talk d thing weh ur wife do or na something do ur wife

Wait o. Hope she never padlock d bedgate?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
Chidoks:
Before moving to the new topic, did you get your design? Have you spotted your new bride or are you still searching?
2. To raise offerings
3. To avoid sin
4. Companionship
5. To love and be loved
1. I now have an idea of what I want. My final decision will be based on my pocket

2. I am not ready yet..so I have not even started searching, Though I have a lot tempting me for affairs (for a favour or the other)
3. I married to fulfil a religiuos duty, raise family for a good society and offcourse to satisty my sexual urge.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
JudgementHammer:
Op no dey do like woman just talk d thing weh ur wife do or na something do ur wife

Wait o. Hope she never padlock d bedgate?
My wife is a nice woman ,eventhough we sometimes have misunderstanding like most couples do. For the record, she has never refused me of husband-wife intimacy.
My question is not about my wife but to actually see reasons why people get married.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by Chidoks(f): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
mostyg:

1. I now have an idea of what I want. My final decision will be based on my pocket

2. I am not ready yet..so I have not even started searching, Though I have a lot tempting me for affairs (for a favour or the other)
3. I married to fulfil a religiuos duty, raise family for a good society and offcourse to satisty my sexual urge.
Oga mi...
Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
Chidoks:

Oga mi...

Hmm, wetin I do ooo?
Re: Why Do We Marry? by Chidoks(f): 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
mostyg:

Hmm, wetin I do ooo?

You know na!
How family?
Re: Why Do We Marry? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
People marry because they think that it will make their life better in one way or another and because they feel that they have to.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Mindfulness:
People marry because they think that it will make their life better in one way or another and because they feel that they have to.
If someone's purpose of marriage is to make his/her life better, I think that reason is selfish. Such person's plan is to milk his/her spouse.

Secondly, marriage is not as juicy as most people would have expected. One doesn't have to be married before his or her life could be better.

Why would people go into marriage because they just they had to? I now see reasons for most failed marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Marry? by mamagee3(f): 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
People marry to have children.

People marry for companionship.

People marry to make their life complete.

People marry to be able to have legal se.x.

People marry to have a friend to share one's life with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Chidoks:
2. To raise offerings
3. To avoid sin
4. Companionship
5. To love and be loved

Having examined your reasons, I am convinced that all your purpose could be achieved outside marriage.
I understand number 3 reason to mean you want to avoid fornication. I can conclude that that's for religious purpose.You married to fulfilled a religious obligation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Marry? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 01, 2016
There is nothing like looking at the kids that came out of you. At that moment, there is only one thing that you can feel 'LOVE'. You have your answer there not just one o. Happy 2016
Re: Why Do We Marry? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:03am On Jan 01, 2016
Marriage is for different reasons from individual to individuals.

As for me, paramount on the list is for.

1. Companionship

2. To procreate and have mini-me around

3. To avoid fornication and other temptations associated with being single.

Other reasons outside these is based on individuals and their preferences!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Marry? by cocoberry(f): 3:48am On Jan 01, 2016
embarassed
Re: Why Do We Marry? by YourCoffin: 11:18am On Jan 01, 2016
To prevent HIV
Re: Why Do We Marry? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
mostyg:

If someone's purpose of marriage is to make his/her life better, I think that reason is selfish. Such person's plan is to milk his/her spouse.

Almost everyone marries because they think that marriage will make their life better in one way or another or because they feel they have to.

Secondly, marriage is not as juicy as most people would have expected. One doesn't have to be married before his or her life could be better.

No need telling me that.

Why would people go into marriage because they just they had to? I now see reasons for most failed marriage.

Agree.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by ifyalways(f): 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
mostyg:
I would like to know why you got married ?
To have and raise children with a man I love.

To have 24/7 kpekus with a man I love without fear or condemnation from man or God.

To have a companion and help mate.

An investment for old age.

Other selfish but valid reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Marry? by Afam4eva(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
mostyg:
I created a thread some weeks back about how best to design a house in anticipation of a second wife but instead of gettin the advice I sought, I found myself defending polygamy. Many accussed me of just wanting to satisfy my sexual pleasure at the detriments of my wives.
I would like to know why you got married or why do you want to get married?
I'm not a fan of marriage but the only reason that comes to my mind on getting married is

ifyalways:

To have 24/7 kpekus with a man woman I love without fear or condemnation from man or God.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by sisisioge: 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
For companionship

To create legit babies

To share bills, burdens and joys

For seexxx licence

To create a form of insurance/security for the future

To fulfil the societal/family expections

I think I want to really get married now cos I need a friend I can always come home to who would help me fulfil my dream of motherhood.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 5:46am On Jan 02, 2016
sisisioge:
For companionship

To create legit babies

To share bills, burdens and joys

For seexxx licence

To create a form of insurance/security for the future

To fulfil the societal/family expections

I think I want to really get married now cos I need a friend I can always come home to who would help me fulfil my dream of motherhood.

These are very good reasons to be married.
Couldn't all the above reasons be filfilled in a polygamous setting?
Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 5:51am On Jan 02, 2016
ifyalways:

To have and raise children with a man I love.

To have 24/7 kpekus with a man I love without fear or condemnation from man or God.

To have a companion and help mate.

An investment for old age.

Other selfish but valid reasons.

You have many good reasons to be married. Does polygamy negates any of the above reasons?if yes, how?
Re: Why Do We Marry? by mostyg(m): 7:22am On Jan 02, 2016
tpiar:
can you stop spamming the forum with your polygamy mentions?

na who send you na? Face your life and stop disturbing us here.

I salute your courage by using all available opportunities to defend your believe in monogamy but I am sincerely of the opinion that you do not have to be at the extreme.We do not have to be on the same page as far as issue of marriage is concerned.

Madam, please I request you to be gentle on me while driving home your points because you never know if I might eventually end up in your monogamy camp.

We live in a society where there are lots of choices to make according to ones exposure and knowledge. I therefore opined that reasons to convince someone else to make a choice should be well articulated without necessarily being insultive.

Let me at this juncture thank you for your interest in my thread, your comments keep me motivated.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Marry? by Ngokafor(f): 9:44am On Jan 02, 2016
tpiar:
can you stop spamming the forum with your polygamy mentions?

na who send you na? Face your life and stop disturbing us here.

.. .. shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Marry? by ifyalways(f): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
mostyg:

You have many good reasons to be married. Does polygamy negates any of the above reasons?if yes, how?
I don't know about Polygamy. I have no experience hence can't comment on that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Marry? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
mostyg:

Polygamy does not negate any of the reasons.

Why do you prefer polygamy?
Re: Why Do We Marry? by modavi2: 8:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
As a christian,we marry becos the word of God says so.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by babysophie(f): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2016
Mindfulness:

Polygamy does not negate any of the reasons.

Why do you prefer polygamy?
polygamy is very dangerous in Nigeria,especially wre d man is a bit comfortable financially. Negative competition results wen d women start destroying everything that will increase dem,for example,dey wil start killing each other's children so dt d man's wealth wil b for dem alone. At d end,d women wil turn d husband to a zombie.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2016
babysophie:
polygamy is very dangerous in Nigeria,especially wre d man is a bit comfortable financially. Negative competition results wen d women start destroying everything that will increase dem,for example,dey wil start killing each other's children so dt d man's wealth wil b for dem alone. At d end,d women wil turn d husband to a zombie.

Ok.
Re: Why Do We Marry? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:13am On Jan 04, 2016
babysophie:
Lolz, I guess too much nollywood films influenced ur comment although u're right in some ways.
I'm from a polygamous home and sincerely I dnt wish it for my worst enemy. But I think the success of the polygamous home depends largely on how the man manages his home and the mindset of the wives. Most women coming as second wife come wt the mindset to destroy the home and the relationship the man has wt the 1st wife- If the 1st wife is also troublesome then more trouble in the home and when the man decides to take a third, the 2nd wife most times puts up most fight forgetting she did it to another woman.
The basis for polygamy in Islam was mostly out of compassion for women nt for sexual gratification of men (going by the historical backing), even the quranic verses tht permit it has an hidden template to it, wc only wise men who aren't blinded by their personal whims will get. Islam only permits polygamy, it doesn't encourage it. Men are allowed to marry up to four wives on the condition tht they do justice btw all otherwise marry just one wc is the best for u. Then the Quran goes on to say 'and u cannot do justice among them even if u wish to'.(wht is this saying?) .
Sure u can't love them equally but u av to do justice in every other aspect. How many men in polygamy are doing justice in their homes? They think they are enjoying themselves (nt sure wht the enjoyment is sef, sleeping wt different women or what?) not knowing they are incurring more sufferings for themselves cos it's no joke doing justice among women and at the same time they'll account for it, and wld be punished for it (if they fall short) if nt in this life but surely in the hereafter for not taking on the command ascribed to polygamy wc is JUSTICE.
A wise man blessed wt a loving and wonderful wife wld steer clear of polygamy if he knew what is best for him and not blinded by his personal whims, the enjoyment he is seeking is temporary compared wt the loads of account and punishments (if he falls short), he'll face from his Lord.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Just Told Me Something About His NYSC Days And It's Making Me Sad. / Meet My Cute Darling(photos) / Why Do People Think Am Proud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.