Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,067 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? (715 Views)

Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Pls Help I Cant Stop Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by iconSAGE1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hello dear friends A catholic Reverend Man said that if you didn't do a church weeding but Did traditional Marriage with your spouse that you're fornicating..please Nairalander I don't know what to make of this statement oo make una put mouth for this Matter.
Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by DedicatedEnkist: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
none of the weeds is good for you, I mean the church weeding and the traditional weeding

2 Likes

Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by Bishiie(m): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
DedicatedEnkist:
none of the weeds is good for you, I mean the church weeding and the traditional weeding
lol simple advice grin

3 Likes

Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
iconSAGE1:
Hello dear friends A catholic Reverend Man said that if you didn't do a church weeding but Did traditional Marriage with your spouse that you're fornicating..please Nairalander I don't know what to make of this statement oo make una put mouth for this Matter.
Why should you be concerned about what one man said?
Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by praxisnetworks: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
Op Oshogbo weeding self dey ok

1 Like

Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by Ginaz(f): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
O.p you are also forgetting kiss weeding too o
Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by delishpot: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
False. Church wedding without traditional wedding is fornication
Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by paulGrundy(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Rubbish! How about those that did court wedding.
Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by Tamee(f): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
I think Trads is the default African wedding and White wedding is just borrowed culture.
I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by staggerman(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
Which wedding ceremony did Adam and Eve engage in?

Which wedding ceremony did Isaac and Rebekah engage in?

What about Joseph, David, Solomon etc?

Does the church wedding practiced today make these marriages less authentic?

Which wedding ceremony did Jesus attend when He was on earth?

Which church/christian wedding ceremony is recorded in the New testament? NONE

flee from traditions and customs of men that are assumed to be the law of God.
Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by UIA04(f): 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
God recognizes traditional wedding cause that's the one we get our kinsmen and parents approval and the bride price is paid then the statutory marriage popularly called court wedding is necessary cause that's how the state recognizes your marriage incase there arises legal issues church ceremony is just ceremony. Only a pastor that doesn't know the scriptures well will force you to do that you can choose to forego it or do it later

1 Like

Re: Is One Fornicating If He Didn't Do Church Weeding But Did Traditional Weeding? by Excellent7(m): 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
iconSAGE1:

If it is wedding you are talking about, to me that is a fat lie.
The truth is that the most important is that the parents of the girl gives her away to the husband and blesses the couple.
Even if they ask you to give a token of 1 kobo you are married.
The people "family" that "own" the woman are the ones that can give her out in marriage.
All the other ones, church etc. are actually ceremonies.
That is why before these ceremonies they will want to know you have settled with the girl's family.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Nights Of Glory. / EXPOSED: Pastor Caught Trying To Bury Charms At Proposed Crusade Land (photos) / Journey To The Throne Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.