Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine (1664 Views)

Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? / Volkswagen Bora 2000 / Vag Uds Bora 2010 C.s Line Recovery With Ktag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by adelee777: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
pls i'm new in d house. Please who knows the price of a tokunboh engine of a volks wagen bora?
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
adelee777:
pls i'm new in d house. Please who knows the price of a tokunboh engine of a volks wagen bora?

Engine size, please.
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by adelee777: 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
[quote author=Siena post=41497695]

[color=Blue]Engine size, please.[/
sorry, i don't know their sizes. But do u know of the price range n performance of d diff sizes?
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
adelee777:

sorry, i don't know their sizes. But do u know of the price range n performance of d diff sizes?

I'm sorry, I can't help you, if you don't know what you want, and aren't willing to even find out.

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by Homguy(m): 1:04am On Dec 31, 2015
adelee777:
in other words you dont even know the size of the engine you are about to replace? Sad. mehn! You should head to an auto market and not come here to show the depth of your ignorance.
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by adelee777: 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=adelee777 post=41494410]pls i'm new in d house. Please who knows the price of a tokunboh engine of a volks wagen bora?[

sorry everyone. My bad! I mean d price of a tokunboh passat 2.0 engine. Sorry for my earlier mistake. Who knows d price pls?
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by nurey(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=adelee777 post=41517834][/quote]

Mr adelee777 take it easy and calm down. Also say akunamatata and then follow my words.

first find out what model year your Bora was made, this can be known by checking your seat belt, or door handle it would be inscribed their, if it's not, all hope is not lost check your car docs, it will definitely be there.

The bora also comes with multiple engine variant from 1.6 to 1.8 to 2.0 to the VR6 so check the stamp on the boot of your car or simply check the engraving of the engine or post your car VIN or engine pix of your car.

Then let's know what happened to your former engine am guessing it's the aluminium variant and overheating has destroyed it (it's still my guess though).

After supplying this then Gurus can show you the way forward but don't intend to fix a different engine from same manufacturer it could be dissatrous on the long run
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
adelee777:
sorry everyone. My bad! I mean d price of a tokunboh passat 2.0 engine. Sorry for my earlier mistake. Who knows d price pls?

Bro, please give the CORRECT details of the engine in your BORA. It's obvious there's no Passat involved here, and you've thrown the Passat into the mix. Depending on the year of your Bora and a Passat, the engines are NOT compatible. Quit guessing what engines will fit your car!!

There are several petrol engines fitted to the VW Bora all through its production run:

1.4 I4 DOHC 16V.
1.6 I4 SOHC 8V.
1.6 I4 DOHC 16V.
1.8 I4 DOHC 20V.
1.8 I4 DOHC 20V Turbo.
2.0 I4 SOHC 8V.
2.3 V5 SOHC 10V.
2.3 V5 DOHC 20V.
2.8 VR6 SOHC 12V.
2.8 VR6 DOHC 24V.

There are also no less than 6 diesel engines in the VW Bora line-up.

None of these engines are directly interchangeable, their gearboxes, wiring, ECU's, exhaust, cooling system, suspension etc ARE different. You need to be proactive here, and get the CORRECT engine for your car. If you don't know (which I find hard to comprehend) then take a picture of your engine bay, with the engine in place, then post it here, so it can be correctly identified.

You also need to post the model year, again, if you're not sure, post the VIN.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by adelee777: 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
thanx to everyone that contributed. I've got what an expert helping me with the issue. Thanx again to everyone. Cheers.
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
adelee777:
thanx to everyone that contributed. I've got what an expert helping me with the issue. Thanx again to everyone. Cheers.
Even with that "expert" at hand, I will advice you to get other/parallel opinions on this forum. Such opinions have proven to be invaluable in times past.
Re: I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine by Yeecar(m): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
Siena:

Bro, please give the CORRECT details of the engine in your BORA. It's obvious there's no Passat involved here, and you've thrown the Passat into the mix. Depending on the year of your Bora and a Passat, the engines are NOT compatible. Quit guessing what engines will fit your car!!

There are several petrol engines fitted to the VW Bora all through its production run:

1.4 I4 DOHC 16V.
1.6 I4 SOHC 8V.
1.6 I4 DOHC 16V.
1.8 I4 DOHC 20V.
1.8 I4 DOHC 20V Turbo.
2.0 I4 SOHC 8V.
2.3 V5 SOHC 10V.
2.3 V5 DOHC 20V.
2.8 VR6 SOHC 12V.
2.8 VR6 DOHC 24V.

There are also no less than 6 diesel engines in the VW Bora line-up.

None of these engines are directly interchangeable, their gearboxes, wiring, ECU's, exhaust, cooling system, suspension etc ARE different. You need to be proactive here, and get the CORRECT engine for your car. If you don't know (which I find hard to comprehend) then take a picture of your engine bay, with the engine in place, then post it here, so it can be correctly identified.

You also need to post the model year, again, if you're not sure, post the VIN.

Hello bro. please kindly assist with the cost of a Bora 1.6 Sr engine and rings. Year 2000.Manual transmission.
Its smoking badly which results to exesive oil consumption. i have been advised to either change the engine completely or alternatively change the rings considering the financial situation at the moment.
Again, i have experienced over heating countess times,and now they said the gasket is burnt beyond repair. please whats the lasting solution to this issue.
I wil also apreciate if you can advise me on the pros and cons of this car and how to get the user manual or guude.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

My Dads Car For Sale, No Fixed Price Jst Come And Negotiate / What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 2m? / HONDA End Of Discussion For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.