Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter (33596 Views)

"Buhari 2019 Is Coming" Nigerians React On Twitter. / Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter / Ambode Showed Up At Quilox Nightclub Last Night; Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by stephenduru: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari said in the ongoing presidential media chat that if bombings continue in the country, Hijab might be banned.Most of the bombings in the country are carried out by bombers clad in Hijab.

Answering questions on incessant terrorist attacks happening in the country, President Buhari said:

“When I say BokoHaram had been defeated technically, we have weakened capacity for conventional attacks. Banning Hijab is not an option, but if these attacks continues, Hijab has to be banned.”

The president’s verdict on hijab being banned has triggered twitter reactions from Nigerians.See tweets below....

Those who tried to paint PMB as an Islamic extremist before the election must feel really stupid after the Hijab ban statement #PMBMediaChat 

— B. (@zebbook) December 30,2015

The President was straight forward about the Hijab response, also works better seeing as he’s a muslim.#PresidentialMediaChat

— Khaleesi!!! (@AbangMercy) December 30,2015 

@MBuhari got be boxed into a corner here. What BAN the wearing of Hijab? In Northern #Nigeria ? UNTHINKABLE! #presidentialmediachat 

— Kayode Ogundamisi (@ogundamisi) December 30,2015

I thought he was gonna dodge the hijab question. It’s a crazy angle. #PresidentialMediaChat

— Ediong (@Ediong) December 30,2015

I’m a liberal. I’ll defend Hijab as a legal choice, even while I take a social& Islamic view that it is a totally unnecessary piece of cloth

— maajid nawaz (@MaajidNawaz) December 30,2015

Even a decade and a half later debates about terrorism still end up flowing into discussions about hijab & other basically unrelated things.

— Murtaza Hussain @MazMHussain Decembr 30,2015 

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2015/12/media-chatbuhari-says-hijab-might-be.html

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by kolnel: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
Cool
But how possible is this especially in the northern hemisphere ?
Maybe in public places
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by adonbilivit: 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Idrismusty97(m): 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
I support the banning or at least reforming of the Hijab. It would really go a long way. Buhari said "If this continues the Hijab would be banned", But it is already continuing for a long time and is becoming unbearable. The Hijab has to go for now.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Rockyrascal(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
I trust Nigerians,if he says nothing pertaining the use of hijab as a means to carry out terrorist attacks,a lot of people will say he is an Islamic fanatic.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by stephenduru: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
kolnel:
Cool
Maybe in public places

It is possible.Watz the job of our security forces na?Na to implement laws na

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by wiseguy(m): 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
Seriously I respect the right of people to whatever religious practice they chose to profess. But if in a bid to practice religion, the peace and life of others is put at risk then it needs to be looked into. Its no biggie banning hijab. People need to be alive first to wear the hijab.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
I dont think he can do that,more like sensational talk

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by wisov(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
I just have to quote u! Am so impressed! Very few people make sense on dis forum
wiseguy:
Seriously I respect the right of people to whatever religious practice they chose to profess. But if in a bid to practice religion, the peace and life of others is put at risk then it needs to be looked into. Its no biggie banning hijab. People need to be alive first to wear the hijab.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by fistonati(m): 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
We talk of d IDP's forgetting how to make adequate compensation to the Christians that lost not only properties but life as well. There's God oooooo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by simplymade(m): 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
Who cares

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by fuckerholic(m): 11:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
The person that is saying he/she will oppose hijab banning will be the next victim of hijab disguised massacre.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Bevista: 12:36am On Dec 31, 2015
Considering the dimension of attacks deployed by BH in concealing bombs under hijab, it is surprising that it has not been banned already.
---
France banned the damn thing and heavens did not fall. It didn't make the Muslims there any less religious. I even hear it is banned in Chad.
---
This should be a no-brainer decision for political and religious leaders of the north. They should be pragmatic. Desperate circumstances require desperate measures!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by ribbit: 1:26am On Dec 31, 2015
they can permit the small hijabs that only covers the head.. but those long ones definitely have to go for now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by NakedEve: 5:16am On Dec 31, 2015
Bihari if you dare ban Hijab, I will vex for you. angry
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Coldfaya(m): 5:24am On Dec 31, 2015
After seeing the load those women can carry inside the hijab without u having any idea they can hold much load without noticing, my brother u will beg Buhari to barn it asap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Owoplenty(m): 5:35am On Dec 31, 2015
When he said banning it is not an option, he has clearly unearthed his position

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Samunique(m): 5:37am On Dec 31, 2015
Believe the banning of hijab in naija then believe every lie told by Lieing Muhammed.

"we may consider the banning of hijab"- Buhari, all na lip's talk, u may have to wait till eternity for this to happen in naija.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Okanokan(m): 5:52am On Dec 31, 2015
There is already the half Hijab that i see ladies using in portharcourt, it covers to the bosom i do believe that Muslim leaders could reform it by adding a long-sleeve hand to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by eunisam: 6:16am On Dec 31, 2015
na them sabi.wetin concwen me?
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by tuniski: 6:28am On Dec 31, 2015
Banning Hijab is not an option is buhari's position while qualifying banning as conditional upon continuous bombing is political flip flop!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Aufbauh(m): 6:32am On Dec 31, 2015
Those who tried to paint PMB as an Islamic extremist before the election must feel really silly after the Hijab ban statement

Make i grab my popcorn and lacasera, siddon the look Uche face grin lipsrsealed

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Demmocrats(m): 6:33am On Dec 31, 2015
Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:37am On Dec 31, 2015
Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by PassingShot(m): 6:40am On Dec 31, 2015
I was really impressed by his performance yesterday especially on issues relating to insecurity and corruption.

As a Muslim, I will support the ban on full hijab to improve security. At least, ban it for six months in the first instance and let's see where it takes us.

Kudos Mr. President.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Souljaboi1: 6:46am On Dec 31, 2015
Bevista:
Considering the dimension of attacks deployed by BH in concealing bombs under hijab, it is surprising that it has not been banned already.
---
France banned the damn thing and heavens did not fall. It didn't make the Muslims there any less religious. I even hear it is banned in Chad.
---
This should be a no-brainer decision for political and religious leaders of the north. They should be pragmatic. Desperate circumstances require desperate measures!

If BH changes tactics and start employing the use of men wearing robes/Agbada, should that also be banned.

If that is banned and they employ the use of back-packs, do we also ban that ?

You cited France's ban on the hijab, did that save them from the Paris attack ?

As a man on ground, I see thing for what they are.

This group have sleeper cells in various cities; break their line of communication, clamps down on their sponsors and their trade route to the Sahara desert, then let the Intelligence guys infiltrate their ranks.

If we keep hammering on Hijab ban cause it aids their attacks, then it would also follow that any item or machinery that aids them too should also be banned.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Souljaboi1: 6:53am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:
I was really impressed by his performance yesterday especially on issues relating to insecurity and corruption.

As a Muslim, I will support the ban on full hijab to improve security. At least, ban it for six months in the first instance and let's see where it takes us.

Kudos Mr. President.

If you have sisters, aunts or close relatives who feel that they cannot go out without the use of Hijab, should they put their lives of hold for 6 months because of the ineffectiveness of the country security agencies ?

You said FULL HIJAB, how do we quantify what is full and what isn't ?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by PassingShot(m): 6:57am On Dec 31, 2015
Souljaboi1:

If you have sisters, aunts or close relatives who feel that they cannot go out without the use of Hijab, should they put their lives of hold for 6 months because of the ineffectiveness of the country security agencies ?

You said FULL HIJAB, how do we quantify what is full and what isn't ?
Security is far more important than the hijab.

Full hijab is the one that conceals bombs. The half hijab is the shoulder-length type which can't be used to conceal IEDs.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by BALLOSKI: 7:07am On Dec 31, 2015
kolnel:
Cool
Maybe in public places

it will be possible in the frontline states. I remember that after the shiite-military clash, people stopped dressing like them(shiite) cos the military was on the offensive. We are asked to push or come down when you get to a military checkpoint on a bike, it's a security measure that's more active in the north and people are obeying.

Infact, use motorcycles is prohibited in maiduguri and yobe, cos they are frontline states. If such directives worked on motorcycles, it should work on hijab so as to save lives of many.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Anticabal: 7:42am On Dec 31, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I support the banning or at least reforming of the Hijab. It would really go a long way. Buhari said "If this continues the Hijab would be banned", But it is already continuing for a long time and is becoming unbearable. The Hijab has to go for now.

Of course you will support it now like a zombie because it's Buhari but if it was Christian GEJ who tried to save your miserable lives by mentioning the banning of hijabs, you muslim almajiris will be screaming 'discrimination!' like hungry simian monkeys, claiming your animal rights are being trampled upon.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by onojaduru: 7:42am On Dec 31, 2015
I am totally in support of that.Many terrorists hide explosive devices in hijabs

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Souljaboi1: 7:54am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:

Security is far more important than the hijab.

Full hijab is the one that conceals bombs. The half hijab is the shoulder-length type which can't be used to conceal IEDs.

Which school of thought defined Hijab as that ? When your Lord revealed the Qur'an and ordered the Muslim women with the Hijab; tell me if what you typed up there was what was being referred to.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign / President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why / Tribunal Admits Presidential Election Result Declared By INEC As Exhibit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.