Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,447 members, 7,801,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat (3582 Views)

What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat / Femi-Kayode Reacts To Buhari's Media Chat / President Buhari's Media Chat (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat by vanunu: 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
johnmartus:
IN FACT I GIVE HIM 100% VERY MATURITY ANSWER INITIALLY AM REALLY WORRY ON HOW THE OLD MAN WILL PROVIDE ANSWER TO THE EACH QUESTION BEING ASKE? IT'S NOW CLEAR TO ME THAT IF CARE NOT TAKEN KANU WILL SPEND MORE THAN 50YEARS IN PRISON THE MATTER REALLY SERIOUS IF YOU CONSIDER THE WAY MR PRESIDENT RESPONDED TO THE QUESTION. HE WAS FURIOUS.

The same way Botha was furious when he was asked about Nelson mandela.
Re: Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat by vanunu: 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
Without the rule of law, the country is doomed period.
Re: Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat by SonOfEl(m): 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
5%. Most people posting 90% or 100% are only trying to save face.... And then they try to masturbπte over Buhari's anger at kanu.....freaking losers...
Re: Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat by ehissi(m): 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
I choose not to score/rate the executive fellow; as far as I am concerned, Media Chat rejected!! Try again next year!!

The reasons are as follows;

1.) Mr President was asked vital questions about the Foreign exchange policy of his government! Which is currently having a major impact on our economy.

His answer?

Foreign exchange will only be accessible to critical sectors of the economy where growth is needed! Period!! Others can go and get foreign exchange at whatever high rate is obtainable from other sources - he is most likely referring to the black market who are enjoying a bumper harvest!!

A guest interviewer raised an observation; that given that Nigeria was still largely dependent on imports, such a policy won't be people/trade friendly!!

Plus there was the micro-economic angle, parents unable to send cash to their Children abroad, people unable to withdraw abroad with Naira-Cards, people abroad cut-off from funds they have in Nigerian banks; he also quoted his own personal experience about the british pound, which currently sells at the rate of #400 outside CBN and that he opened a domiciliary account and deposited £200 and that now, when he tries withdraw his pounds, his bank insists that they don't have Foreign exchange to give him!!

What did Buhari say?

"......I don't want to say I don't believe you, because I am not aware, but I will ask the CBN governor......I will ask the CBN governor to issue a press statement...."

Some people will clap at his honesty; which is nice!!

But the question remains, considering the implication of such a policy, the current state of the global economy, isn't it awkwardly abnormal - almost ridiculously clueless - for Mr President to feign ignorance of such a major policy directive!!??

A policy that put Nigeria in the news globally and caused J.P. Morgan to de-list Nigerian Bonds from the Emerging market government bond index - an index with asset weighted at $170billion!!

If he insists he is not aware; then who granted the CBN governor permission to carry on with such a policy!!?? On whose authority did the CBN governor, pursue that policy direction??

To me, feigning ignorance of an issue germaine to our economy amounts to Executive Macro-Economic recklessness!! Its an aberration, an APCrian quagmire caused by blind career politicians in power, a hoopla, that at a time when he is promising to rescue Nigeria and bring a change, he doesn't even know what is going on in his own cabinet - how much more the country!! angry

2.) The Question was directed at Mr President concerning the much stated "Technical defeat" of BokoHaram and the recent attacks and if he insists on a technical defeat!!

His answer?

Yes, he insists that BokoHaram is technically defeated!

His reason for insisting?

Because BokoHaram have been so defeated that they cannot attack the Nigerian military nor military installations and have been reduced to using IED (Improvised Explosive Devices) to target public places - the word IED too dey sweet baba for mouth sha, he cannot give interview on security and not call it. For whia, its a taboo!! grin -

This is first and foremost, a very different response from what he initially gave before when he was quoted as stating that BokoHaram couldn't launch a calculated, coordinated attack against Nigerians and have been reduced to using IEDs via suicide bombing!!

My Question? Considering that Mr President is a Retired General and a serving head of state; isn't that kind of response, reckless and irresponsible!!??

Last year Mr President himself was a target of a suicide bombing himself, during the Jonathan administration; would it be proper - assuming Mr president was killed in that attack - for the Jonathan administration to insist that BokoHaram remained "technically defeated", even in the face of such an attack??

Can we safely imply from Mr President's response, that the three deadly attacks that took place after he and Lai mohammed declared that BokoHaram was "technically defeated" - 1 of which involved a suicide bombing, another involving suspected BokoHaram attacking people queuing at a filing station waiting for fuel in broad daylight and another where 14 family had their houses razed to ground and no-one was spared from loss - all amounted to no losses to Nigeria as far as the Nigerian government was concerned!!??

He also said boldly, on assumption of office that they knew where the Chibok girls were and didn't go in to rescue them because the Mission Objective was to rescue the girls alive; tonight he changed parade and said that they were still seeking intelligence on the "credible" leadership of BokoHaram so they could confirm were the girls where, if they were alive and negotiate their release! What a great contradiction!!

As for the cases in court, it will amount to misdemeanour to even rate him there; it is even strange to think of it because the Judiciary is another arm of government! If the chat was with a Supreme court Justice or Attorney General of the Federation it would have been necessary but in this case, I find it irrelevant!!

In all, rating Mr President on this Media chat, in my books will be an insult on the collective intelligence of all men seeking to be inspired by leadership!!

Hence, Media Chat rejected, re-do the presentation again next year and we will see if we can actually give you a grade!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 31, 2015
ehissi, blessed is the womb that bore you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat by SonOfEl(m): 12:19am On Dec 31, 2015
Good one ehissi!

ehissi:
I choose not to score/rate the executive fellow; as far as I am concerned, Media Chat rejected!! Try again next year!!

The reasons are as follows;

1.) Mr President was asked vital questions about the Foreign exchange policy of his government! Which is currently having a major impact on our economy.

His answer?

Foreign exchange will only be accessible to critical sectors of the economy where growth is needed! Period!! Others can go and get foreign exchange at whatever high rate is obtainable from other sources - he is most likely referring to the black market who are enjoying a bumper harvest!!

A guest interviewer raised an observation; that given that Nigeria was still largely dependent on imports, such a policy won't be people/trade friendly!!

Plus there was the micro-economic angle, parents unable to send cash to their Children abroad, people unable to withdraw abroad with Naira-Cards, people abroad cut-off from funds they have in Nigerian banks; he also quoted his own personal experience about the british pound, which currently sells at the rate of #400 outside CBN and that he opened a domiciliary account and deposited £200 and that now, when he tries withdraw his pounds, his bank insists that they don't have Foreign exchange to give him!!

What did Buhari say?

"......I don't want to say I don't believe you, because I am not aware, but I will ask the CBN governor......I will ask the CBN governor to issue a press statement...."

Some people will clap at his honesty; which is nice!!

But the question remains, considering the implication of such a policy, the current state of the global economy, isn't it awkwardly abnormal - almost ridiculously clueless - for Mr President to feign ignorance of such a major policy directive!!??

A policy that put Nigeria in the news globally and caused J.P. Morgan to de-list Nigerian Bonds from the Emerging market government bond index - an index with asset weighted at $170billion!!

If he insists he is not aware; then who granted the CBN governor permission to carry on with such a policy!!?? On whose authority did the CBN governor, pursue that policy direction??

To me, feigning ignorance of an issue germaine to our economy amounts to Executive Macro-Economic recklessness!! Its an aberration, an APCrian quagmire caused by blind career politicians in power, a hoopla, that at a time when he is promising to rescue Nigeria and bring a change, he doesn't even know what is going on in his own cabinet - how much more the country!! angry

2.) The Question was directed at Mr President concerning the much stated "Technical defeat" of BokoHaram and the recent attacks and if he insists on a technical defeat!!

His answer?

Yes, he insists that BokoHaram is technically defeated!

His reason for insisting?

Because BokoHaram have been so defeated that they cannot attack the Nigerian military nor military installations and have been reduced to using IED (Improvised Explosive Devices) to target public places - the word IED too dey sweet baba for mouth sha, he cannot give interview on security and not call it. For whia, its a taboo!! grin -

This is first and foremost, a very different response from what he initially gave before when he was quoted as stating that BokoHaram couldn't launch a calculated, coordinated attack against Nigerians and have been reduced to using IEDs via suicide bombing!!

My Question? Considering that Mr President is a Retired General and a serving head of state; isn't that kind of response, reckless and irresponsible!!??

Last year Mr President himself was a target of a suicide bombing himself, during the Jonathan administration; would it be proper - assuming Mr president was killed in that attack - for the Jonathan administration to insist that BokoHaram remained "technically defeated", even in the face of such an attack??

Can we safely imply from Mr President's response, that the three deadly attacks that took place after he and Lai mohammed declared that BokoHaram was "technically defeated" - 1 of which involved a suicide bombing, another involving suspected BokoHaram attacking people queuing at a filing station waiting for fuel in broad daylight and another where 14 family had their houses razed to ground and no-one was spared from loss - all amounted to no losses to Nigeria as far as the Nigerian government was concerned!!??

He also said boldly, on assumption of office that they knew where the Chibok girls were and didn't go in to rescue them because the Mission Objective was to rescue the girls alive; tonight he changed parade and said that they were still seeking intelligence on the "credible" leadership of BokoHaram so they could confirm were the girls where, if they were alive and negotiate their release! What a great contradiction!!

As for the cases in court, it will amount to misdemeanour to even rate him there; it is even strange to think of it because the Judiciary is another arm of government! If the chat was with a Supreme court Justice or Attorney General of the Federation it would have been necessary but in this case, I find it irrelevant!!

In all, rating Mr President on this Media chat, in my books will be an insult on the collective intelligence of all men seeking to be inspired by leadership!!

Hence, Media Chat rejected, re-do the presentation again next year and we will see if we can actually give you a grade!!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat by Layolaw(f): 3:50am On Dec 31, 2015
InLoveWithGod:

That man was from premium times. From the reaction of the interview team, they are afraid of this government. The president has said, to hell with court orders. That is the beginning of lawlessness.
hunnn! Seriously my thought

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria? (PIX) / Buhari's Children All Smiles As They Visit Him In Aso Rock (photo) / I Support Evans The Kidnapper - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.