Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN (45237 Views)

Nigeria Hit By Oil Misfortunes - Buhari / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigeria Need Restructuring, 5 Countries Under Confederation Like UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by faksy(m): 7:54am On Dec 31, 2015
its time to focus on other product exportation rather on crude alone

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by darlenese(f): 7:57am On Dec 31, 2015
.......and Lia Mohammed will say its GEJ's fault, and some gullible APC slowpoke will support him.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by segunpee: 7:59am On Dec 31, 2015
Such is expected. It could even be worse for Nigeria, but for expansionary budget of 2016, the effect can partially be cushion provided the budget proposed borrowing and implementation are successfully carried out. This is the time to watch and pray for Nigeria. A maa ri tiwa se l'oruko Jesu .
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by mumu9gerian: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:
Venezuela...opposition won and oil prices fell

Nigeria....opposition won and oil prices fell

Okay...

undecidedundecided
you arent wise, oil price had been falling before they won at least that of Nigeria I know
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Sike(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:

Okay...

undecidedundecided
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by dyn1800: 8:02am On Dec 31, 2015
Wailer be like will say blame Buhari for everything

Demmocrats:

Even world power like Russia is having major economic turmoil because of the drastic fall in oil prices, imagine Nigeria then. For those set of dudes that blame my Sai Buhari for bad economy should know even Venezuela is in a similar mess or even worse. We all need to understand that this man in Aso rock met the country in a terrible mess and the best we can do is work together irrespective of religion, tribe or language as one to move this nation forward.

I believe in my Sai Buhari and i still believe in this great nation called Nigeria, he will truly make this nation great again.

Sai Buhari.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by QuiverBox(f): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2015
Geesarki:

Oil prices started falling since 2014, remember Rev Father Mbaka's sermon...."when gej touches our oil, d price drops. Gudlock means badlock". Dont deceiv urself guy.

Now that Buhari has touched the oil has the price gone up?

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2015
publicenemy:

Meaning you are a donkey.
Thank you Sir

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by lagosrd: 8:07am On Dec 31, 2015
Geesarki:

Oil prices started falling since 2014, remember Rev Father Mbaka's sermon...."when gej touches our oil, d price drops. Gudlock means badlock". Dont deceiv urself guy.

Shows how backward thinking you are , with all you have read above and ur level of education, you still come here ti blame Jonathan. Na wa for you oooooooo
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by yapapa: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2015
darlenese:
.......and Lia Mohammed will say its GEJ's fault, and some gullible APC slowpoke will support him.

Lol ..Gej's puppy...that's wat u are.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by gottliebglobal(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2015
segunpee:
Such is expected. It could even be worse for Nigeria, but for expansionary budget of 2016, the effect can partially be cushion provided the budget proposed borrowing and implementation are successfully carried out. This is the time to watch and pray for Nigeria. A maa ri tiwa se l'oruko Jesu .
What expansionary budget are you talking about?
Is it the one that plans to allocate 38 billion to oil exploration in the Chad basin when a barrel of oil is below $38.00 or the one that is trying to import luxury vehicles from Germany when our reserves is rapidly depleting or the budget that has a 2.2 trillion Naira deficit? Pls , enlighten us.
Nigeria = Animal Farm
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by lagosrd: 8:14am On Dec 31, 2015
sweetboiy:
Our government should try and pay more attention to other source of income like agriculture and it likes

All I see is that the budget is not agriculture focus. How much is budgeted on it? Even solid mineral resources. The problems lies with the recycled old legs we have in govt. By now we should have a strategy in place to compete with other countries in terms of other solid mineral in the world and agric.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by darlenese(f): 8:17am On Dec 31, 2015
yapapa:
Lol ..Gej's puppy...that's wat u are.

Better than an illiterate Duara Dullard puppet
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Rockyrascal(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2015
Abagworo:
Countries that produce the world's crude are getting crushed by low prices.
Huge budget surpluses are turning into deficits, and generous social programs are being replaced with austerity and cuts.
Oil has collapsed below $37 a barrel, compared to over $100 in mid-2014. The global oil glut, OPEC's determination to pump like there is no tomorrow, and slowing demand from China and other countries are pushing oil prices to new lows.

Here are the five countries hit the worst.

1 Venezuela

Venezuela has the world's largest oil reserves. Its government has for years used the money it makes producing oil to pay for pensions, health care, social benefits and even to subsidize housing and grocery stores.
But now, the economy is on the brink of collapse. Inflation soared over 150% in 2015 and is expected to rise over 200% shocked next year. The government is unable to pay its bills, and food and basic supplies are in short supply.
The economic downturn has led to political turmoil. Earlier this month, the country's opposition won a majority in an election for the first time in 17 years.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/30/investing/oil-prices-countries-suffering/index.html?sr=twmoney123015oil-prices-countries-suffering0703PMVODtopLink&linkId=19996273

I will go and find out more about Venezuela's
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by amtaken(f): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2015
Another APC in Venezuela.

Useless party.
khassy:

Okay...

undecidedundecided
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by yapapa: 8:28am On Dec 31, 2015
darlenese:

Better than an illiterate Duara Dullard puppet
if trully an Illiterate Dullard man is the one governing over this country, I have nothing to say than shame on your literate wise Father.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by 2n2k(m): 8:33am On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:

Okay...

undecidedundecided

How did you derive that? Opposition won in Nigeria in March 2015. Oil prices started falling since mid-2014. In Venezuela, opposition won in November 2015, more than a year after oil price crashed.

The logical conclusion (using this fact alone) should be that oil prices crash made opposition to win.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by kings09(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2015
Am sure u realize d meaning of ur moniker undecided
debris:
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY.........I NEED 1,000 likes cheesy
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 31, 2015
thank God Naija no dey there
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by 49cents(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathan is responsible because according to Buhari, he (Jonathan) personally authorized the CBN to release $40bn to someone in his cabinet.

Jonathan sef angry

For you to have constructed the paragraph tells me you went to school but for you to mention $40 BILLION without thinking about what you are typing is a big shame......do you even know how is in our external reserve sef
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 31, 2015
lagosrd:

All I see is that the budget is not agriculture focus. How much is budgeted on it? Even solid mineral resources. The problems lies with the recycled old legs we have in govt. By now we should have a strategy in place to compete with other countries in terms of other solid mineral in the world and agric.
you have a point my dear.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by irondome: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2015
jmichlins:
In Michael Jackson voice "You are not alone Nigeria" I don't blame Buhari for the current economic woes but I will blame him for his attitude towards the nosedive. This is the time I had expected him to pump money into the capital angle of the budget so as to create enabling environmen to diversify the economy but instead he choose to use #3B to buy BMW cars thereby sending already scarce forex awol. 2019 please be fast.

Like seriously!!!, Buhari made a budget of 30% capital expenditure within a year of GEJ's 13% in the face of nosediving revenue. If GEJ had won, I bet he would have further crashed capital expenditure to < 5% and put the rest on chua-chua.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 31, 2015
49cents:

For you to have constructed the paragraph tells me you went to school but for you to mention $40 BILLION without thinking about what you are typing is a big shame......do you even know how is in our external reserve sef

Okay $40million oga
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by jmichlins(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2015
irondome:

Like seriously!!!, Buhari made a budget of 30% capital expenditure within a year of GEJ's 13% in the face of nosediving revenue. If GEJ had won, I bet he would have further crashed capital expenditure to < 5% and put the rest on chua-chua.
he did well and must be commended but you will agree with me that there are flaws like the one I pointed out. Listen mate, Jona na one bad thing that happened to Naija and should never be used as a yardstick to comapare any president. All am trying to say is that Buhari should forget the mistakes of the past and carve a niche for himself
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by darlenese(f): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2015
yapapa:
if trully an Illiterate Dullard man is the one governing over this country, I have nothing to say than shame on your literate wise Father.

U're really pained !!!

Anyway shame on ur bush father
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Ehisnaruto(m): 8:52am On Dec 31, 2015
Haters will still blame GEJ for the fall of oil price..smh.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by segunpee: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2015
gottliebglobal:

What expansionary budget are you talking about?
Is it the one that plans to allocate 38 billion to oil exploration in the Chad basin when a barrel of oil is below $38.00 or the one that is trying to import luxury vehicles from Germany when our reserves is rapidly depleting or the budget that has a 2.2 trillion Naira deficit? Pls , enlighten us.
Nigeria = Animal Farm

Yes I mean exactly what I said- Expansionary budget. All the rhetorical questions you asked in your reply still aren't arguing against the fact that 2016 Budget is expansionary. I think you are probably an angry youth- at least- going by your conclusion. And you are right to be( if you want to). But should you make a strong argument against expansionary budget, I would take you on on that. Am not a govt apologist but exploring for more oil @ this time for me personally isn't sound economics(but politically for the govt it maybe wise). If the need for those new cars is critical I wouldn't blame d govt for buy them regardless of the position of the reserves. Now, for the deficit, it is inevitable already as d oil price has dropped markedly. And mind you our debt to GDP ratio is still low and can take on more debt, so far it will stimulate d economy efficiently so we can avoid d full-blown recession next year.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by proxillin(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2015
There is no harm in fallen oil prices. Saudi is equally affected but they are not feeling it.

But its affecting NIgeria gravely. Why? Because they have looted us dry! We do not have dollar power again.

GEJ/PDP spent dollars like coins in the last election.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by TeamSimple(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2015
publicenemy:

Every word said about Nigeria in that post is absolutely right. Stop being sentimental.

I can't believe there are still Fools like these in Nigeria.
They are much o.. 'the wailanders'
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Geesarki(m): 8:56am On Dec 31, 2015
lagosrd:

Shows how backward thinking you are , with all you have read above and ur level of education, you still come here ti blame Jonathan. Na wa for you oooooooo

I quoted a guy who blamed d current govt whc was den opposition to hv been d cost of the drop in oil prices. Am fully aware of the trend nd causes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeboye Lays Hands On Olunloyo, As Ex-Gov. Apologizes For Daughter's Behaviour / Murray-Bruce And His Son In Made-In -Nigeria Clothes / Photo Of Omoyele Sowore After His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.