Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN (45239 Views)

Nigeria Hit By Oil Misfortunes - Buhari / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigeria Need Restructuring, 5 Countries Under Confederation Like UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Geesarki(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2015
9jatatafo:

Read the story very well, the cause of oil price fall is as a result of countries like China not demanding for oil and not GEJ's fault. It's so sad that we have leaders that lack vision. We all know that nothing last forever and we should put measures in place to counter oil price fall

I quoted a guy who blamed PMB's govt 4d drop in oil prices. Thats why I took him down d memory lane.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by whadda(m): 9:02am On Dec 31, 2015
The beautiful thing about this oil price fall and rise is that we have many other sector yet untapped we still get big lifeline guys make people no dey scare una....na oil producing countries weh no get alternative na him I dey pity for.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by marcelifeh(m): 9:02am On Dec 31, 2015
Make them no add power cut join o. That problem has been there right from the days of John d baptist
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by babafirst(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2015
CNN leave that matter abegi,when the oil price was 133,USD per barrel in 2008 Jun and Jul or when oil price was dancing serious makosa at 100 USD around 2013-2014 (averagely) under Uncle Jona( www.forecast-chart.com/chart-crude-oil.html) what did we do with the moneyOil hovered between 3 -30 USD in the 70s(although some may argue the dollar had more value then) and Naija survived and even fared better. Oil price at 10 USD with PMB in charge is greater blessing than oil price at 500 USD PER barrel with a recklessly clueless spender,corrupt and weak leader like Jona or an infinitely corrupt Atiku in charge.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by preetyb(f): 9:12am On Dec 31, 2015
Geesarki:

Oil prices started falling since 2014, remember Rev Father Mbaka's sermon...."when gej touches our oil, d price drops. Gudlock means badlock". Dont deceiv urself guy.

Bad luck yet u were still able to feed three times a day without the fear of tomorrow
Badluck but yet u didn't lack as much as u do now
Badluck yet the economy was surviving.

What about now? Can u bodly beat ur chest and point out just one of the good thing this govt has brought you?.

So many woes are befalling this country since buhari came into power yet u don't know it even though u are suffering it instead u and him keep pointing fingers to blame someone else for the woes u ve brought upon urselves.

We all know the past administration was not perfect and that is why ur master was given the chance cus he claimed to have the magic wand that will heal our land but obviously he has and knows nothing except to point accusing fingers at others.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2015
With this duara dullard Nigeria is heading to lagoon, a man who haven't done anything positive to help his people since he left office of the president in 80s is now the president of a country, what a tragedy grin grin grin

Buhari is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria, a man who supported boko haram when he said that fight against boko haram is fight against the nort grin grin
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by amtaken(f): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2015
Propagandists doing everything to convince gullible people that Nigerian gross economic recession is not as a result of their acute lack of economic knowledge/ideas.

How come you never listed other countries affected by insurgency eg Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc when you took advantage of the Boko Haram activities to bring down GEJ's government?

So many developed countries in the world don't have a single oil in their land yet they are progressing.

If the oil price is dwindling, devise other means of boosting our economy, that's why you were 'voted' for.

Quit giving us excuses.

Start working.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by attention007(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2015
Nigeria should diversify else we will use our crude oil to fry plantain
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2015
attention007:
Nigeria should diversify else we will use our crude oil to fry plantain

I pray let crude oil never sell for 1naira grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2015
sammychimex:

Oil being looted and wasted..... What about 3billion for bmw cars? How many barrels of oil is that? Hw many millions of dollars fx.... My brother don't ever try that blame game in the new year.

Na 3billion BMW cars be Naija problem? 40billion when Dasuki throway no be problem? Atleast you see BMW from the 3billion? Wetin you see from the 40billion? These guys una dey make me shame sometimes.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by samfibby(m): 9:25am On Dec 31, 2015
To make our own case pathetic, of the five countries mentioned, only nigeria imports refined fuel and suffers epilecptic power supply.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Atlantian: 9:27am On Dec 31, 2015
Wetin concern me with Nigeria's problem ? When the cash was there, nothing was working. In fact I am even happy the way the country is falling. May the politicians suffer in the name of Amadioha and Sango
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by yapapa: 9:35am On Dec 31, 2015
darlenese:

U're really pained !!!

Anyway shame on ur bush father
hahahaha...pained? u are d pained shameless goat here...and I repeat shame on ur useless literate brilliant father if truly a dullard illiterate man is governing over him.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2015
coolcharm:
Hmm.. this is bullshit! This guy's surely don't have nice words for us. The next four years will shame them as they watch us diversify our economy tongue

we have the resources and the capacity to achieve self sustainability, and it's a good thing we are looking inwards now.

You fucking arrogant Nigerian. Everything is not about you. Did you not see countries in the list that are wayyyy better than Nigeria?

Because you have be a plan to diversify your economy makes this fact based write up bullshit?!! So what is it if like the past 16 years Nigeria fails to diversify your economy?!
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 31, 2015
Geesarki:

Oil prices started falling since 2014, remember Rev Father Mbaka's sermon...."when gej touches our oil, d price drops. Gudlock means badlock". Dont deceiv urself guy.

Wetin concern Mbaka with economics? Is he the standard that OPEC uses?

Oil price rose under Goodluck more than it dropped. Stop using religion to substitute knowledge.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by 9jatatafo(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Geesarki:

I quoted a guy who blamed PMB's govt 4d drop in oil prices. Thats why I took him down d memory lane.

Ok fella

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by darlenese(f): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2015
yapapa:
hahahaha...pained? u are d pained shameless goat here...and I repeat shame on ur useless literate brilliant father if truly a dullard illiterate man is governing over him.

Hahahahhaha
I can see u are already feeling suicidal grin

Ur father is the shameless he-goat
grin grin
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by WaffenSS(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2015
20pounds:
And we budgeted 38 billion to oil exploration in the lake Chad basin next year. Shouldn't we have put the money elsewhere and watch the oil price and market for next year? We already have too much oil than needed by our buyers. Many vessels are laden with oil and waiting for buyers.

PMB has embarked on his own waste, albeit discreetly. Ttrying to make the north an oil producing region by hook or crook is not the way to go for now.

I think he's actually more concerned with making the north an agric exporting region.

Having local oil is also a good thing, as there'd be no need to pipe or truck it all the way up, with the attendant costs and vandalism.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Fawklicant: 10:05am On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:
Venezuela...opposition won and oil prices fell

Nigeria....opposition won and oil prices fell

Okay...

undecidedundecided

Oppositon won in the two countries and ruined all enduring legacies of previous administration.

Anyways, the whole oil price slump is targetted mainly at Russia to weaken the economy and their propensity to prosecute any war. Let us see how it goes.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Amanwulu1(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:
People don't understand the situation Buhari inherited. I hope this will shed some light on the situation and let them know that we are not alone in the mess.

The oil money was being looted and wasted by previous governments. Now there's is no money to loot neither to waste. This is a very hard times for the present Government to manage.

With this in mind, lets see how the government will steer us out of these turbulent waters

d same way saudi, russia, venezuela's were looted dat brought dem to whr they are today. Saudi recorded N27trillion naira deficit in one year n it's looters dat caused it. Tell d messiah to diversify d economy frm oil n stp his planned waste of N38B to look for oil in d lake chad basin, same oil dat is becoming rubbish. What kind of advisers does he have?
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by yapapa: 10:14am On Dec 31, 2015
darlenese:

Hahahahhaha
I can see u are already feeling suicidal grin

Ur father is the shameless he-goat
grin grin
your mumu is epic...lmfao. feeling suicidal over d shame of your useless father ? abeggy..go siddon.
and its obvious not only he is useless but definition of dumbness and stupidness as well. you are truly his child cos u possesses those qualities perfectly well.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by gottliebglobal(m): 10:21am On Dec 31, 2015
segunpee:

Yes I mean exactly what I said- Expansionary budget. All the rhetorical questions you asked in your reply still aren't arguing against the fact that 2016 Budget is expansionary. I think you are probably an angry youth- at least- going by your conclusion. And you are right to be( if you want to). But should you make a strong argument against expansionary budget, I would take you on on that. Am not a govt apologist but exploring for more oil @ this time for me personally isn't sound economics(but politically for the govt it maybe wise). If the need for those new cars is critical I wouldn't blame d govt for buy them regardless of the position of the reserves. Now, for the deficit, it is inevitable already as d oil price has dropped markedly. And mind you our debt to GDP ratio is still low and can take on more debt, so far it will stimulate d economy efficiently so we can avoid d full-blown recession next year.

My Bros, firstly, I have passed the mark to be considered a youth in general terms. Thank you.
What you are talking about is an espansionary fiscal policy since one cannot technically claim that a budget is espansionary.
Permit me to enlighten you and other readers here.
Expansionary fiscal policy seeks to decrease tax, increase Government expenditures or try to do both with the goal of fighting inflation.
When taxes are decreased, people have more disposable income and tend to spend more. This stimulates the economy because the more people spend, GDP increases. Also, a decrease in taxes sends a message to the business community that Government is interested in reviving the economy. This increases business confidence which in turn increases private investment.
Government expenditure is a component of GDP, therefore an increase in Government expenditures increases GDP directly.
The bottom line is that the increase in GDP as a result of decrease in taxes and increase in Government expenditures is much more than the initial decrease in taxes or increase in Government expenditures due to the multiplier effect.
Let me break it down with this example.
Country A has an inflation rate of say 7%, as compared to a historical average of 3%, unemployment rate is low @2%, as compared to natural unemployment rate of 4%, budget deficit of 5% and a GDP growth rate of 6% as compared with AGR of 3%.
Country B on the other hand has 1% inflation, 8% unemployment as compared to historical average of 4%, budget surplus of 4% and GDP growth rate of 1.5%.
Which Country would one most likely recommend expansionary fiscal policy?

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by phemray(m): 10:34am On Dec 31, 2015
Most people fail to understand the working principle of the nature n apply it to all their doings.

1. All that have beginning must have end no matter how long.- always apply dis to your daily doings in relating with people etc
2. All DAT is sweet or bitter will always get to its peak stable for sometime n nosedive to d button to restart( shares , oil prices, businesses etc).
3 no life champion or a permanent conditions no matter how long

So oil price is down n it will surely get to zero, no blame d present govt cos it has been destined DAT the oil price will crash n some1 shall be d president at that time. Blame shld go to the previous corrupt leaders that put Nigeria in bad shape 4 a long time, I see IBB as d beginning of Nigeria problem as he met fuel price at 70k n left it at 11 naira n spoilt naira value making few guys millioners from geopolitical zones.too bad. Anyway I strongly believe , Naija will bance back. Amen
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by holar2ge(m): 10:36am On Dec 31, 2015
jmichlins:
In Michael Jackson voice "You are not alone Nigeria" I don't blame Buhari for the current economic woes but I will blame him for his attitude towards the nosedive. This is the time I had expected him to pump money into the capital angle of the budget so as to create enabling environmen to diversify the economy but instead he choose to use #3B to buy BMW cars thereby sending already scarce forex awol. 2019 please be fast.

It seems u didn't watch the presidential chat, because you could ve seen the reply he gave when asked abt d #4billion allocated to buying of Bmw cars.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by gottliebglobal(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2015
Low inflation, high unemployment, budget surplus and low growth rates indicates that Country B is facing recessionary pressures which makes it a candidate for expansionary fiscal policy.
On the contrary with Nigeria which has a Debt to GDP of 10.5% (low according to segunpee), high inflation @ 8.7%, high unemployment @ 9.9%, and a budget deficit of 2.2 Trillion out of a total budget of 6.07 Trillion. How in God's green earth would an expansionary fiscal policy pulls us out of our present economic doldrums? ??
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by haconjy(m): 11:00am On Dec 31, 2015
Demmocrats:

Even world power like Russia is having major economic turmoil because of the drastic fall in oil prices, imagine Nigeria then. For those set of dudes that blame my Sai Buhari for bad economy should know even Venezuela is in a similar mess or even worse. We all need to understand that this man in Aso rock met the country in a terrible mess and the best we can do is work together irrespective of religion, tribe or language as one to move this nation forward.

I believe in my Sai Buhari and i still believe in this great nation called Nigeria, he will truly make this nation great again.

Sai Buhari.

that means u don't blame GEJ too for that too...
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by haconjy(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:
People don't understand the situation Buhari inherited. I hope this will shed some light on the situation and let them know that we are not alone in the mess.

The oil money was being looted and wasted by previous governments. Now there's is no money to loot neither to waste. This is a very hard times for the present Government to manage.

With this in mind, lets see how the government will steer us out of these turbulent waters

did he not see that before he join the race...
he should have gotten a solution before he was elected...
to tell u the fact, economically, Nigeria will not grow next year from this deficiency budget...
we need DIVERSIFICATION...
simple

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2015
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2015
Amanwulu1:
d same way saudi, russia, venezuela's were looted dat brought dem to whr they are today. Saudi recorded N27trillion naira deficit in one year n it's looters dat caused it. Tell d messiah to diversify d economy frm oil n stp his planned waste of N38B to look for oil in d lake chad basin, same oil dat is becoming rubbish. What kind of advisers does he have?

Yes that is what we are watching to see how he is going to do it. You think say many so e easy? Make una pay tax to raise IGR una go gree? Go back to farming una go gree? Developers the solid minerals sector una go gree? Watch them do it before una start to talk like spoilt children.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by sammychimex(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

Na 3billion BMW cars be Naija problem? 40billion when Dasuki throway no be problem? Atleast you see BMW from the 3billion? Wetin you see from the 40billion? These guys una dey make me shame sometimes.

If u and your APC govt ke
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by sammychimex(m): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

If u and your APC govt keep calling GEJ and blaming dasuki for all issues u had over 12 years to study, understand and profer solutions to. Very soon u will all become predecessors like the pdp govt. I hope your successors will have something better to say.

Keep blaming till 2019... We know what to do.
Re: 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN by UltraSphinx(m): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2015
Demmocrats:

Even world power like Russia is having major economic turmoil because of the drastic fall in oil prices, imagine Nigeria then. For those set of dudes that blame my Sai Buhari for bad economy should know even Venezuela is in a similar mess or even worse. We all need to understand that this man in Aso rock met the country in a terrible mess and the best we can do is work together irrespective of religion, tribe or language as one to move this nation forward.

I believe in my Sai Buhari and i still believe in this great nation called Nigeria, he will truly make this nation great again.

Sai Buhari.
Russia Has Never Been Financially Buoyant like U.S and her (russia's) european arch rivals, and this misfortune is as a result of the heavy economic sanctions imposed on them by the united nations. but however, russia still calls the shots when it comes to defence and weapons of mass destruction -(you-know-what-i'm-saying)- grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Omoyele Sowore After His Release / Ibrahim Yar’adua And Saratu Sodangi's Pre-wedding Photos / Murray-Bruce And His Son In Made-In -Nigeria Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.