Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,457 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. - Poems For Review (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. (8217 Views)

NPC Cypher: Compassion / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / The Roast: An NPC Initiative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

More than shocking! Happy new to you too, Nubian. Who are You and Yours? grin

Lol You is you and yours is who ever is yours grin
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Laveda(f): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
Llaykorn..can I? embarassed
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 4:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Laveda:
Llaykorn..can I? embarassed

Sure! smiley
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by fixedhollies(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
I entered with all consciousness and alacrity, suddenly it was like a shady part, full of darkness yet I see, I lost some, I gained some, He was my closest pal, to part with him is to set apart, he gave me a damsel, yet I marked my day, I became a full grown man in it. In this little globe I am, I smelled corruption here an there, the incorruptible judge was so fair, with so many fear in the air, for little foxes that spoils the vine! It was a lesson, my best teacher was the year, for he smiles and teaches me with care! Glory to Jah I am full of marks... I passed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Buqqui: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

Can you see the one who told another person to stop writing poetry because he didn't write a sonnet or an ode?

When I saw you trying to critique other people's works in your rude and arrogance-filled style, I thought you would be able to write poetry without flaws. You're a big joke! You don't even know how to punctuate correctly.

You can't spell shrieking correctly.

You can't even spell encountered correctly.

You don't even know how to spell thorns.

You can't spell untattered correctly.

You can't spell tear-filled without error.

You don't even know when to use the comma or the full stop, or where to even place them.

You've been jumping around all day and you don't even know the difference between 'is' and 'it is'.

I'd severely punish my 12 year old brother for these mistakes. You should just stop trying to write poetry already. You won't get anywhere for all great poets were known with the most extreme of humility. You're an embarrassment to poetry and all the poets of the world; the living and the dead of them, if this is all you can offer. I can already see Robert Frost covering his face in shame for this balderdash you just posted.

The dude just had to open his incinerator. Damn!
Llaykorn you just made My day.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nubian113:

Happy new year smiley

Thank you for 2015 wink

it's not yet 2016...7 more hours to go over here.

nonetheless, i wish you a happy new year as well
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Laveda(f): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Thanksgiving

Let us be thankful...
For each new morning with its light
For rest and shelter of the night
For health and food, for love and friends
For flowers that bloom our feet
For all things fair we hear or see
For the friendship that hope and affection has brought
Thankful for the year 2015
Thankful to who gave it all
Father in heaven we thank thee....

Happy new year in advance all.....

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by IAmNotYourMate: 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
So today is the last day of the year

You're probably on your bed, reminiscing about the year

Holding a paper where you wrote your resolutions for the year

Only to discover you haven't achieved any this year

You should give up on having resolutions, right?

New year! New me! Is ironically the scam of the year, right?

But on a second thought, that paper should make you realize that you were once enthusiastic about making things right

And if you had been committed, things may just have worked out right

A good engineer they say doesn't build an engine without a design in mind

It isn't built yet but its in his mind

Now you want to make a new resolution but you have nothing in mind

Don't panic friend, you aren't running out of your mind

Life is full of ups and downs, that's how legend put it

Its still going to give you another chance, do take it

Life is giving you one more chance in 2016, make sure you rock it

My name is jumai and I believe in resolutions. Bleep it! cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

Can you see the one who told another person to stop writing poetry because he didn't write a sonnet or an ode?

When I saw you trying to critique other people's works in your rude and arrogance-filled style, I thought you would be able to write poetry without flaws. You're a big joke! You don't even know how to punctuate correctly.

You can't spell shrieking correctly.

You can't even spell encountered correctly.

You don't even know how to spell thorns.

You can't spell untattered correctly.

You can't spell tear-filled without error.

You don't even know when to use the comma or the full stop, or where to even place them.

You've been jumping around all day and you don't even know the difference between 'is' and 'it is'.

I'd severely punish my 12 year old brother for these mistakes. You should just stop trying to write poetry already. You won't get anywhere for all great poets were known with the most extreme of humility. You're an embarrassment to poetry and all the poets of the world; the living and the dead of them, if this is all you can offer. I can already see Robert Frost covering his face in shame for this balderdash you just posted.

When did you become so mean?
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Buqqui: 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
daretodiffer:

I'd call that 'fair'.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
daretodiffer:

Sincerely, sister, I wasn't being mean. I would only have been mean - if I didn't do that - to poets that are better than him whom he stepped out to critique their works in a worse way. sad
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

Sincerely, sister, I wasn't being mean. I would only have been mean - if I didn't do that - to poets that are better than him whom he stepped out to critique their works in a worse way. sad

I was messing around with you smiley
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=llaykorn post=41509667]Woah! The year has come to an end already. Stay and watch as some of the Nairaland Poetry Club poets decide with short verses of poetry to give thanks to God this yuletide.

Happy new.
Pls how can i join the nairaland poetry club?
Hope i get reply soon
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Qaisar1: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
rudepen:
Yo cant believe ah missed out on this... Lol.. Happy new year in Advance y'all.... #jews

I see you

#Western
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

Very nice point .too bad the poem was copied.

You don't seem so intelligent. You copied some else's poem because you can't write a line of poetry, posted it without giving credits and you're so brave to say it to the whole world? You're dumber than a dumb-bell.

Notice I didn't identify my name as the writer still is mile ahead of the trash you guys have been writing.

You didn't identify your name as the writer? Now I understand. If you could identify the mistakes in that poem, you wouldn't steal it to form for us here.

Because the main sign of a good poem is "dancing language " a poem should leave you wanting more not as self explanatory as a nursery rhyme.

Just shut up, already! What the hell is dancing language? You think we are some bunch of retards here who will get confused and back off at the spilling of your poorly-conjured unexisting vocabulary? Poems shouldn't be self-explanatory? Are you sane at all? You must be a better poet than the tens of great late poets whose poems never need a second reading to be grasped.

Maybe I butchered the spellings but the person who wrote that is one of the most respected Lecturers in Nigeria.

Your dumbness is legendary. So the fact that the poet is a lecturer made those ugly spelling errors correct? If that poet is a lecturer of literature truly, and he wrote that bullshit you posted, he needs an urgent sack.

Something judging by your stupid childish criticism you can never be .

It's quite interesting that an honest-but-harsh critique can sound childish to you. I want you to find a name for your ill-mannered, stupid, non-honest and rude critiques you've been jumping around dishing out to people when you can't even write a ten line poem to give thanks to God until you steal some error-riddled work of some imaginary dumb lecturer who substitutes 'is' for 'it is'.

'Is a new year'

And before you foolishly assume someone wrote a poem ,check the name of the poet first .Mumu

Now, you're officially the biggest fool I met in 2015. You posted a poem without a name to make everyone think you wrote it but your illiterate self couldn't see that it was filled with shame-birthing errors. Now that we've made you see that, you're asking me to check the name of the poet first? A name you didn't put there?

You can be a very happy troll in the Romance Section or the Politics Section. Don't try this nonsense with us here again.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Qaisar1: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
barrysome001:

thanks judge

SMH... who made him Judge? A copy and paste Judge.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by emaculate99: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

Am way more intelligent than you or any member of your accursed family .
Yes I didn't put up a name at the same time I didn't say it was mine so you assuming without being sure makes you a retard.
The greatest poetry left room for many interpretations that's what makes a classic anything that is one dimensional is unfit to be called art .
Things fall apart is a classic and till today people are still interpreting it no one can say for sure whether okonkwo is a vilian or a hero .Not these childish things am seeing here ...the lord is good etc
Go and study the great works of popular poets you can never grasp the whole idea at a sitting .
You try to form smart but you are the dumbest person I've ever come across ,filled with ego and so little talent that's why the only place you can showcase your wack poetry is as irrelevant monkier at Nairaland .
You are a hopeless shameless shapeless useless stinking pig and might I add ugly cos the way you act clearly depicts it .Entitled pompous nonetity .
Congratulations... You actually won my award for the most intelligent poetry thief who parade himself as the Messiah of poetry with no poem attached to his name. The poetry thief whose stupidity is known all over the world and pride himself as the greatest man who prides in his ignorance and wallows in his stupidity. No doubt you are a "great" poet but a greater dumb ass poetry thief who believes his intelligence is not enough for him but has to steal from other poets. congratulations.

Guy! you should critique poems without insulting others next time.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Bosville(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:
The sky will darken again tonight Sending the frail wind shierking Shivers of expectations looming For tomorrow is ever so near .
But tomorrow is not just tomorrow . Is a new path untertered Like the first blush of spring The opening of a pink petal , Of hopes and dreams unrealised .
We have trudged tirelessly Encounterd different obstacles Our hope in jeopardy . Our tears ever so fresh..
But tomorrow is not just tomorrow Is the reawakening of dreams . The restoration of faith The sound of a new beginning.
For we have fought the good fight . We have stepped on torns . We have battled our demons . And yes we still live . To awaken our tears filled eyes . To the bright light of a new beginning. We welcome you 2016"
Welldone bro.....Bravo
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by emaculate99: 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

You are dumber than dumb .
Being a critic doesn't mean I must be skilled in the act ....do rolling stone editors who criticise songs sing?
Anyway that's what is expected from someone who answers emmaculate...isn't that name like 200 years
We are only telling you your flaws because you aren't skilled in criticising works. You want to be skilled in it, then learn the act.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Qaisar1: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:
In a place mediocrity thrives you don't expect a qualified judge do you ? Not with the tasteless crap I've read here today .
It's Over!
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by emaculate99: 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:

You are dumber than dumb .
Being a critic doesn't mean I must be skilled in the act ....do rolling stone editors who criticise songs sing?
Anyway that's what is expected from someone who answers emmaculate...isn't that name like 200 years old .
It's over
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by llaykorn: 7:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
Qaisar1:
It's Over!
emaculate99:
It's over

Emma & Q! cheesy
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by emaculate99: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

Emma & Q! cheesy
Let's leave him, he is not ready to learn the act. He will understand later but I pray it is not too late.
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
E383:
Booked

Waiting wink
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hi guys... I think he gets it even though his ego won't allow him to admit it. Now let's not turn into bullies please. He errored you corrected now let him leave. embarassed
Re: NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
morganacanta:
Ilaytorn or ilama haven't you asked yourself this ,why you are stuck here and Nairaland forming smart while other talented poets and writers are breaking barriers ,winning competition ,going for writers seminar and earning scholarship .The answer to all my questions are in your verses ...not only is it lame ,it is empty ,shallow and lacks emotion .
A good poet must take criticism whether it is constructive or harsh because you don't expect soft Peebles on the way to success ...all this time you are here trying to speak grammar and act like you are smarter than me you could have used it to reflect on your errors and prove me wrong instead you stay arguing like the hopeless ambitionless thing without drive or purpose that you are .

Believe what you wanna believe man, great minds are not verbal aggressors. You've just reached a new low by resorting to invectives. It shows you're very insecure!

If you wanna bicker, bicker with intelligence; if you wanna argue, argue intelligently; you wanna critique, critique with humanity and some sense. And for your obvious plagiarism, man, you need to cover your face in shame.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Memorable Collaborated Poems By Nairaland Poets 2014 - NPC / Excercise In Exorcism / This Is For Dat Texas Girl : 2fine4u (2nd Entry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.