Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. (8718 Views)

Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / Marginalisation: Ekweremadu, Obi, Soludo, Others To Meet / Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 31, 2015
There has been a lot of shout of marginalisation by South East part of Nigeria since after May 29th, 2015. This is a lie that have been said too long which is now looking like true because others have refused to come out and correct this big lie. I will like to address most of the points use in spreading this lie. What we have in Nigeria is tribal competition and not Marginalisation.

1. They Claim Igbo need to score like 70% while the North need to score 5% to gain admission to Federal govt Secondary School

This point is highly flawed. First of all, the requirement of high cut off mark for admission in Federal govt Secondary School is not limited to South East. South west (Yoruba) and South South also require high cut off to gain same admission. This in itself is not marginalization. This in itself is an inclusion policy in order to ensure the educational weak North still have access to Federal govt College. Despite the cut off differences, South east, south west and south south still dominate the federal govt colleges admission. I believe it would have been marginalisation if we subject the north to the the same cut off as us in the south. Because they would not have been able to compete because they are weak in educational capacity. Policy of inclusion and diversity is a global practice. Multinationals companies are compelled to include people of all race, disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender in their workforce. This is a United Nation mandate. This means there is a minimum percentage of a group of people that must be in the workforce even if there are more capable people in another group to fill up the space. A society that have no space for the weak is not a fair and just society.

2. The North dominate Federal Civil Service due to quota system

This is another big lie. It has been proven than Imo State has the highest number of federal civil servant followed by kogi and Ogun state in Nigeria. By geopolitical zone, south west has the highest, followed by North central, south south third, south east fourth, North west and north east are the last two. The south is 61% of the total Nigeria federal civil servant while the north is 39%. The only thing I may agree with is that some northerners may have risen faster than some of their southern colleagues. However this has been highly corrected in the last 16 years of Democracy. In the last 16years the South has been in Position of President for 13years and the North 3years. As at May 29th, 2015 there were more permanent secretaries of southern origin than northerners. Currently the head of civil service is a southern woman from Cross river State.

3. Federal road in South east are bad because of marginalization.

This is another lie. Marginalization is not responsible for bad state of south east federal road. Two factors are responsible. Soil type and corruption. In the last 16years almost all the ministers of work have been from south south. From Tony Anenih, to odion Ugbesia to Mike Onolimemhen. Who among this people will want to marginalised south east? To bring my point home on the issue of soil type and corruption, Onitsha -Owerri road was completed less than 8years ago, today the road is already dilapidated. if you spend the same money used for that road in a northern road, it will last 20years or more. Instead of the contractors to do the road by putting the soil type into consideration, because of corruption the roads are poorly done and money are pocketed. If you go and find out who the contractors are you will discover that there are a lot of southerners involve in sharing the money.

4. South east is marginalized because of Unemployment and poverty
This is another twisted statement. I believe there are more poverty and unemployment in the North than in the South. The truth is that unemployment in Nigeria is a national problem. There is poverty everywhere in Nigeria. Unemployed youth are all over the country.

5. There are more northerners in NNPC than Southerners
This is another big lie. There are no more northerners in NNPC. Actually there are slightly more southerners in NNPC. NNPC usually recruit many of their staffs by quota system. Today we have 19 northern states and 17 southern state. This will make it appear you will have slighty more northerners. This may be true before 1999. But since Gaus Obaseki from Edo state became NNPC GMD, he changed the recruitment structure. While about 60% of recruitment are still base on quota system, about 40% are base on merit. This has greatly changed the statistics of NNPC staffs. And also in general in the Oil and gas industries, more than 70% of the staffs are southerners. Yoruba and Igbo dominate the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. Those of us from south south even feel marginalized by Yoruba and Igbo when it come to oil and gas Job

6. South east is marginalised because they have five(5) states while others have six (6) states.
This is more of political competition than marginalization. About 13 Northern states each are bigger in size than all the South East states combined. Kogi state is the 13th biggest state in Nigeria. Kogi State size is 29833km sq. If you add up the size of all the south east state it is 29095km sq. Thus the whole south east combined is approximately the same size with Oyo State, the 14th biggest state in Nigeria. The whole of south east is one-third of South south. The argument mostly put forward by Igbo on this topic is that state should be shared by population only and size should not be considered. With the small size of south east in relative to other region, south east is suppose to have maximum of 3 states. It is the consideration of the population and their political strength that makes it 5 states. I believe the population has been strongly considered.

7. Igbo Presidency
This is another area where you hear plenty lie on marginalization propanganda. In other to fully discuss this issue we need to look at Nigeria history briefly. In the beginning of Independence in 1960, Nigeria politics was dominated by Igbo and Hausa/Fulani. The Yoruba were the one who were playing Opposition. From 1960 to 1966 before the first coup, Nigeria federal govt was more Hausa and Igbo government at the centre. While Tafawa balewa was prime minister , Nnamdi Azikiwe was President (though ceremonial but he was number one citizen of the country). Then came the first coup which made Igbo man the First Military head of State of Nigeria. After that, it became from one coup to another which was dominated by the North. This in itself was not marginalization. It was simply dog eat dog affair and purely military affair and power struggle. Then came democracy in 1979 to 1983, this again became Hausa and Igbo government. Yoruba was now the opposition. after that came coup. Yes the military govt became northern dominated. but I cant call it marginalization because this were simply power struggle among opportunist. Then came 1999 and democracy. There was a kind of gentleman agreement or understanding of power sharing from south to North. We must understand that the power sharing was not by geopolitical zone but by region. Obasanjo who is from south did 8 years, the govt moved to North in the name of Yar adua. from North it came to south through Jonathan who did approximately 6 years. From Jonathan it went to the North through Buhari. If Buhari do his 8 years it will come to the South again in 2023. This in itself have been very fair and just. Nigeria democracy from 1999 has been fair to both North and South. By 2023, South East need to play the right politics for them to get presidency in 2023. Because 2023 presidency is for the south not for the south east. As far as the Northern part of Nigeria is concern, 2023 should be southern presidency. The truth is that South East, South West and South South will compete for it. Nobody will just give you the presidency just like that without you playing the right politics. If Igbo continue to make almost every other part of Nigeria their enemy, south south or south west will get 2023 presidency. Should South west or South South win 2023 presidency nobody can call it marginalization. It is the same Igbo that are claiming marginalization who are Supporting Wike an Ikwrere man in Rivers state. From Omehia, to Amaechi to Wike are all Ikwerre. Yet the greatest supporters of Wike are Igbo in rivers state. This is one big hippocracy. Just as I said, losing in a political competition is not marginalization. Wike (upland) winning dakuku (riverine) is not marginalization but political competition.

In summary, there is only one form of marginalization in Nigeria. That is the marginalization of the masses by the political class. Where the political class eat fat while the masses are left to die in squalor.

82 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by cosby02(m): 9:32am On Dec 31, 2015
Proudly Nigeria
Oya kill yasef grin
First here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2015
They like playing the victims card to get sympathy.

Which region is even self sustainable and developed?
If the busiest road in west Africa(lagos-ibadan expressway) could be left in shambles,what type of special attention do onitsha-owerri expressway way require?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by asorocker: 9:54am On Dec 31, 2015
Competition is when you have a level playing ground for all the people involved. Marginalization is when in some events that doesn't favor a side quota is brought in and in another event that favors the side and doesn't favor another quota is abolished.

Hypocrisy is when you claim that non of that exists to serve your selfish interest and cry when it affects you.

Now no group can marginalize igbos effectively, the richest igbo had $20 in his account for all his deposit in 1967

Today some parts of Nigeria are about being given an equivalent of $ 20 to cushion untold hardship they brought on themselves and this is in addition to their previous bank deposit.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by ironheart(m): 9:55am On Dec 31, 2015
I dey laugh them. Igbos shouting marginalization are the lazy Igbos. From my little stay with the Igbos, they are way way industrious, they have good business sense to take nigeria out of it's misery. But the lazy once who has moved out of nigeria and suffered in the hands of there slave masters abroad are the onces making noise. Can you imagine someone with a british passport coming to cause trouble in Nigeria? When the war starts, he goes back to Britain and will watch from afar. Where is Asari Dokubo today? He has gone back to Benin republic where his business is to mind his business. It's high time the igbo youths think before they follow a supposed messiah

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2015
tuale4u:
There has been a lot of shout of marginalisation by South East part of Nigeria since after May 29th, 2015. This is a lie that have been said too long which is now looking like true because others have refused to come out and correct this big lie. I will like to address most of the points use in spreading this lie.

1. They Claim Igbo need to score like 70% while the North need to score 5% to gain admission to Federal govt Secondary School

This point is highly flawed. First of all, the requirement of high cut off mark for admission in Federal govt Secondary School is not limited to South East. South west (Yoruba) and South South also require high cut off to gain same admission. This in itself is not marginalization. This in itself is an inclusion policy in order to ensure the educational weak North still have access to Federal govt College. Despite the cut off differences, South east, south west and south south still dominate the federal govt colleges admission. I believe it would have been marginalisation if we subject the north to the the same cut off as us in the south. Because they would not have been able to compete because they are weak in educational capacity. Policy of inclusion and diversity is a global practice. Multinationals companies are compelled to include people of all race, diability, religion, sexual orientation and gender in their workforce. This is a United Nationa mandate.This means there is a minimum percentage of a group of people that must be in the workforce even if their are more capable people in another group to fill up the space. A society that have no space for the weak is not a fair and just society.

2. The North dominate Federal Civil Service due to quota system

This is another big lie. It has been proven than Imo State has the highest number of federal civil servant followed by Ogun state in Nigeria. By geopolitical zone, south west has the highest, followed by south south in second position and south east in third position. The three northern geopolitical zone are the bottom three. The only thing I may agree with is that some northerners may have risen faster than some of their southern colleagues. However this has been highly corrected in the last 16 years of Democracy. In the last 16years the South has been in Position of President for 13years and the North 3years. As at May 29th, 2015 there were more permanent secretaries of southern origin than northerners. Currently the head of civil service is a southern woman from Cross river State.

3. Federal road in South east are bad because of marginalization.

This is another lie. Marginalization is not responsible for bad state of south east federal road. Two factors are responsible. Soil type and corruption. In the last 16years almost all the ministers of work have been from south south. From Tony Anenih, to odion Ugbesia to Mike Onolimemhen. Who among this people will want to marginalised south east? To bring my point home on the issue of soil type and corruption, Onitsha Owerri road was completed less than 8years ago, today the road is already dilapidated. if you spend the some money used for that road in a northern road, it will last 20years or more. Instead of the contractors to do the road by putting the soil type into consideration, because of corruption the roads are poorly done and money are pocket. If you go and find out who the contractors are you will discover that there are a lot of southerners involve in sharing the money.

4. South east is marginalized because of Unemployment and poverty
This is another twisted statement. I believe there are more poverty and unemployment in the North than in the South. The truth is that unemployment in Nigeria is a national problem. There is poverty everywhere in Nigeria. Unemployed youth are all over the country.

5. There are more northerners in NNPC than Southerners
This is another big lie. There are no more northerners in NNPC. Actually there are slightly more southerners in NNPC. NNPC usually recruit many of their staffs by quota system. Today we have 19 northern states and 17 southern state. This will make it appear you will have slighty more northerners. This may be true before 1999. But since Gaus Obaseki from Edo state became NNPC GMD, he changed the recruitment structure. While about 60% of recruitment was still base on quota system, about 40% was base on merit. This has greatly changed the statistics of NNPC staffs. And also in general in the Oil and gas industries, more than 70% of the staffs are southerners. Yoruba and Igbo dominate the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. Those of us from south south even feel marginalized by Yoruba and Igbo when it come to oil and gas Job

6. South east is marginalised because they have five(5) states while others have six (6) states.
This is more of political competition than marginalization. About 13 Northern states each are bigger in size than all the South East states combined. Kogi state is the 13th biggest state in Nigeria. Kogi State size is 29833km sq. If you add up the size of all the south east state it is 29095km sq. Thus the whole south east combined is approximately the same size with Oyo State, the 14th biggest state in Nigeria. The whole of south east is one-third of South south. The argument mostly put forward by Igbo on this topic is that state should be shared by population only and size should not be considered. With the small size of south east in relative to other region, south east is suppose to have maximum of 3 states. It is the consideration of the population and their political strength that makes it 5 states. I believe the population has been strongly considered.

Nice try @op but I have one question for you;

Marriage na by force?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by EasternActivist: 10:21am On Dec 31, 2015
So now you are trying to tell us that Igbo's are now the only people that should make the SE?
And you also are saying they ought to be 3state and not 5 or 6?
Wow!! I will say you are very delusional and only people of your mindset will come and feed on your lies.

While I wait for your thread to be countered.

I will like to say on the following fact, someone take note as it may help him or her get the basics.

1) Igbo's are not the only ethnic group in SE
2) SE is a region and never an ethnic group.
3) some states can be reoriented into other existing region as you have seen in the case of delta and Edo, they have been Midwest but was later lumped into SS.
4. Cross-river is more east than it is south, if need be part of cross river can be split to make up the 6 States of the present SE region. While calabar will remain regarded as being in SS
5. Regions must not split itself to create manageable States.
6. Part of an existing States from another region can make up another region as was done in kwara state.
7. If SE region is mid SE then rivers state should be part of the region without bias.

With more observation and investigation I can go on and on

Meanwhile, With this limited fact shown above, I will authoritatively say that SE region is still being marginalised in terms of state creation.

Also saying that a lifespan of road in SE region is low to compare to any other region when equal attention is given to it, is the height of hypocrisy, mediocrity and hence a baseless fact that can never be justified.

If you are sure of this, then let the number of roads being rehabilitated in northern region be applied same to SE region let's see how region will fair less than the other region.

SE has little or no federal presence in her roads that's a fact. And SE doesn't end in Onitsha or Anambra other hinterlands are also involved.

I rest my unreserved case.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2015
GOVERNOR GODSWILL AKPABIO SPEAKS ON BIAFRA AND GOWON WITH THEWILL NEWS

THEWILL: You have been very vocal lately in dismissing and trashing the then federal military government’s post-civil war efforts at the 3 Rs: Reconstruction, Reconciliation and Rehabilitation. What don’t you agree with?

AKPABIO: As a young man, you definitely will not understand me. But I was a victim of the Civil War. I was one of those who suffered the pains of the war. I was born sometime in 1962; the civil war came really into our area in 1967. So, I was probably five or six years old during the war; and if I had been around nine years, I would probably have been conscripted.

I saw parents throw their children into pit toilets because they did not want their positions to be made known to the enemy. I saw devastation; I saw kwashiorkor; I saw hunger; I saw thousands of people and bodies littered everywhere and smelling while vultures had a field day every day. I saw houses destroyed; I saw families scattered such that till the end of the world, they can never gather themselves together again. There were children who were shipped away to Gabon, and they can never come back to Nigeria again because they were small. How would two-year-olds and three-year-olds ever know where they came from? They are now proud Gabonese and I don’t think Nigerians are even asking questions.

So, during the Silverbird Man of the Year Award, there were pictures that were shown of the Civil War. Somebody, sitting by me, who is from the West, was asking if those things were acted: the Kwashiorkor-ridden children with their swollen tummies, ugly shapes and bony structures because of hunger and starvation.

The then Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon attempted to explain that he tried everything to avoid the scenes that were being shown on the screen, that he did not want the war. The other person who could have answered him, unfortunately, that is Emeka Ojukwu, is dead. He said he tried everything to stop the war from breaking out but it’s only Ojukwu who could have answered whether he equally did his part in avoiding the war.

But something struck me: it was said that Gowon should be commended for initiating the three Rs: reconciliation, rehabilitation and reconstruction. And I asked a very simple question, that I came with a written text but I wasn’t going to read it. I thanked Silverbird for the award; and I said I did not want to criticise my leaders because I am also now a leader. But I asked to be allowed to ask a question: how come reconstruction started in the West when the war was actually fought in the East? They started the Third Mainland Bridge, the National Theatre, the international airport, and so on, in the West, while the war was fought in the eastern region. And if we really wanted to ensure total reconciliation, how come every account holder in the eastern region was given only £20? It did not matter whether your father had £10,000,000 or £50,000,000 before the war; you were given just £20. It was a take it or leave it situation. If your family survived and there was an account holder alive, he/she went to the bank, and collected just £20.

Could £20 pounds solve the Kwashiorkor that we were seeing? Could it reconstruct the houses that were burnt? Could it produce food? A lot of other things happened that I did not mention on that occasion. Don’t forget that it was shortly after the war in 1971 that the policy of indigenisation started, where most of the foreign industries and companies were sold to Nigerians, and the war-ravaged eastern regions, which include the entire South-South and the rest of them, could not buy, because no one who did not have money to even feed or clothe himself would have had money to buy any industry. So, I was just wondering, as a young man, if that was true reconciliation, because one would have thought that the government would have gone to any extent to give them more money so that they could truly rehabilitate themselves.

They needed money from reconstruction, and I would have thought that reconstruction would have also started from the East. I just asked because we were lucky to have the persona dramatis of the war right in front of us: General T. Y. Danjuma, General Yakubu Gowon, General Buhari and others. It is very rare to see three former heads of state in just one place, so I had to ask.

I said also that it is important, even for the current-day leaders, that we continue to take actions that will unite Nigeria. And we should purge ourselves of actions that tend to cause pains to Nigerians. For me (Akpabio), I believe that because of certain policies of the federal government after the war, the war did not cease in the eastern region until about 30 years after the war.

https://www.nairaland.com/1457961/gov-akpabio-akwa-ibom-state

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

THEWILL: You have been very vocal lately in dismissing and trashing the then federal military government’s post-civil war efforts at the 3 Rs: Reconstruction, Reconciliation and Rehabilitation. What don’t you agree with?

AKPABIO: As a young man, you definitely will not understand me. But I was a victim of the Civil War. I was one of those who suffered the pains of the war. I was born sometime in 1962; the civil war came really into our area in 1967. So, I was probably five or six years old during the war; and if I had been around nine years, I would probably have been conscripted.

I saw parents throw their children into pit toilets because they did not want their positions to be made known to the enemy. I saw devastation; I saw kwashiorkor; I saw hunger; I saw thousands of people and bodies littered everywhere and smelling while vultures had a field day every day. I saw houses destroyed; I saw families scattered such that till the end of the world, they can never gather themselves together again. There were children who were shipped away to Gabon, and they can never come back to Nigeria again because they were small. How would two-year-olds and three-year-olds ever know where they came from? They are now proud Gabonese and I don’t think Nigerians are even asking questions.

So, during the Silverbird Man of the Year Award, there were pictures that were shown of the Civil War. Somebody, sitting by me, who is from the West, was asking if those things were acted: the Kwashiorkor-ridden children with their swollen tummies, ugly shapes and bony structures because of hunger and starvation.

The then Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon attempted to explain that he tried everything to avoid the scenes that were being shown on the screen, that he did not want the war. The other person who could have answered him, unfortunately, that is Emeka Ojukwu, is dead. He said he tried everything to stop the war from breaking out but it’s only Ojukwu who could have answered whether he equally did his part in avoiding the war.

But something struck me: it was said that Gowon should be commended for initiating the three Rs: reconciliation, rehabilitation and reconstruction. And I asked a very simple question, that I came with a written text but I wasn’t going to read it. I thanked Silverbird for the award; and I said I did not want to criticise my leaders because I am also now a leader. [B]But I asked to be allowed to ask a question: how come reconstruction started in the West when the war was actually fought in the East? They started the Third Mainland Bridge, the National Theatre, the international airport, and so on, in the West, while the war was fought in the eastern region. And if we really wanted to ensure total reconciliation, how come every account holder in the eastern region was given only £20? It did not matter whether your father had £10,000,000 or £50,000,000 before the war; you were given just £20. It was a take it or leave it situation. If your family survived and there was an account holder alive, he/she went to the bank, and collected just £20.[/b]

Could £20 pounds solve the Kwashiorkor that we were seeing? Could it reconstruct the houses that were burnt? Could it produce food? A lot of other things happened that I did not mention on that occasion. Don’t forget that it was shortly after the war in 1971 that the policy of indigenisation started, where most of the foreign industries and companies were sold to Nigerians, and the war-ravaged eastern regions, which include the entire South-South and the rest of them, could not buy, because no one who did not have money to even feed or clothe himself would have had money to buy any industry. So, I was just wondering, as a young man, if that was true reconciliation, because one would have thought that the government would have gone to any extent to give them more money so that they could truly rehabilitate themselves.

[B]They needed money from reconstruction, and I would have thought that reconstruction would have also started from the East. I just asked because we were lucky to have the persona dramatis of the war right in front of us: General T. Y. Danjuma, General Yakubu Gowon, General Buhari and others. It is very rare to see three former heads of state in just one place, so I had to ask.[/b]

I said also that it is important, even for the current-day leaders, that we continue to take actions that will unite Nigeria. And we should purge ourselves of actions that tend to cause pains to Nigerians. For me, I believe that because of certain policies of the federal government after the war, the war did not cease in the eastern region until about 30 years after the war.

Brother, thanks. Nigeria is full of hypocrisy, watch as the yorubas bring up lies upon lies to debunk our claims. No wonder igbos hate them and i dont blame them.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 31, 2015
phantonce:
They like playing the victims card to get sympathy.

Which region is even self sustainable and developed?
If the busiest road in west Africa(lagos-ibadan expressway) could be left in shambles,what type of special attention do onitsha-owerri expressway way require?

you nailed it

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2015
asorocker:
Competition is when you have a level playing ground for all the people involved. Marginalization is when in some events that doesn't favor a side quota is brought in and in another event that favors the side and doesn't favor another quota is abolished.

Hypocrisy is when you claim that non of that exists to serve your selfish interest and cry when it affects you.

Now no group can marginalize igbos effectively, the richest igbo had $20 in his account for all his deposit in 1967

Today some parts of Nigeria are about being given an equivalent of $ 20 to cushion untold hardship they brought on themselves and this is in addition to their previous bank deposit.

what we have is competition not marginalization

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by cosby02(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Marriage na by force?
The marriage can be traced back to the year 1914, so the issue of marriage does not spring up anymore. The issue now is divorce. The question you should be asking is... 'if its by force to put asunder to a valid marriage?
Am not aganst your Biafra for all i care, i discover even most of us who claim or pretend to be neutral about the Biafra thing have tried holding on to a vibrant argument from the so called Biafrans as to why they should be granted biafra, all we hear is MARGINALIZATION. What constitutes 'marginalization' in the real context remains a mysterious puzzle which is only solved in their minds, and if you ask questions, you get all sorts of refined insults like am gonna be getting some soon.
Am tired of all these E gladiators, stop the insult (you fought a war, it didnt work. What makes you think insulting other regions will work?). Take your time, put up a reasonable argument and fight for your believe, stop the cry Yorubas are not the cause of your predicament. You are in this because you refuse to learn from others and you are politically lazy. If you must quote me, do that with facts.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by APCcrimesHD: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2015
tuale4u:

you nailed it
r u no longer Igbo?
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by babyfaceafrica: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2015
Cry cry babies

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2015
APCcrimesHD:

r u no longer Igbo?

I never ever said I am Igbo. I am from south south

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 31, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Cry cry babies

always playing the victim card.
instead of them to strategize.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by APCcrimesHD: 11:13am On Dec 31, 2015
tuale4u:

I am also from south south

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2015
APCcrimesHD:

I am also from south south

That is good. Me and you may not share d same ideology, but we remain one.
even me and my dad don't agree politically.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2015
thank you OP. well written article brimming with truth and facts.
I hope our igbo brothers and sisters will read this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2015
cosby02:
Proudly Nigeria
Oya kill yasef grin
First here.

grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Fash20: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Marriage na by force?

That's what you will say. You Want out of Nigeria

Don't tell lie that we are marginalizing you!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2015
Ioannes:
thank you OP. well written article brimming with truth and facts.

I hope our igbo brothers and sisters will read this.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 31, 2015
tuale4u:

WTF is South South and you claim to be educated!, Are cross river and akwa-ibom South south?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

WTF is South South and you claim to be educated!, Are cross river and akwa-ibom South south?

I am free to choose any nomenclature I prefer. The word south south has come to stay. it is not a Nigeria invention. There is nothing wrong even if it was Nigeria invented nomenclature.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by PentiumPro(f): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Marriage na by force?

When did you just realize marriage is not by force? Fucxcking hypocrites. When you were having undue advantage under GEJ, it was ONE NIGERIA slogan and the CHOP SAND syndrome.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by kayfra: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Marriage na by force?

I have an answer for you. Divorce get legal rules.

Comprehendre?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

The word South South was not even invented in Nigeria. It is United Nation invention.

Have you heard of " United Nation Office for South South Corporation (UNOSSC)).

more details below:

Background

Who We Are

In 1974, the United Nations General Assembly, in its resolution 3251 (XXIX), endorsed "the establishment of a special unit within the United Nations Development Programme to promote technical co-operation among developing countries". With the endorsement of the Buenos Aires Plan of Action (BAPA) for Promoting and Implementing Technical Cooperation among Developing Countries by the General Assembly in 1978 (resolution 33/134), the Special Unit was strengthened in order to fulfil its primary mandate, set forth in BAPA: to promote, coordinate and support South-South and triangular cooperation globally and within the United Nations system.

What We Do

The UN Office for South-South Cooperation:
•mainstreams South-South cooperation across the UN system and throughout the international development community by leveraging its global reach as well as its policy and institutional capacities to assist UN agencies and developing countries in strengthening their South-South cooperation capacities. It works to support countries’ efforts to manage, design and implement South-South cooperation policies and initiatives through the identification, sharing and transfer of successful Southern-generated development solutions. It also advocates for support to South-South initiatives, including through its organization of the UN Day for South-South cooperation;
•engages a wide range of partners, including Member States, UN entities, multilateral bodies and private-sector and civil society organizations in order to provide the most efficient, effective and comprehensive support for South-South cooperation;

•innovates by continually seeking, showcasing and transferring forward-thinking Southern development solutions to development partners to meet the critical development challenges of today;
•enables countries of the South – emerging, middle income and least developed – to work together to use their wealth of resources, tangible and intangible, in support of national, regional and global development efforts;
•serves as the secretariat to the High-level Committee (HLC) on South-South Cooperation, a subsidiary body of the General Assembly, which provides policy directives and guidance and reviews worldwide progress in South-South cooperation. In this context, it monitors trends in South South cooperation among UN agencies as well as globally, preparing reports for various intergovernmental bodies, including the report of the Secretary-General on the state of South-South cooperation; and

•manages the UN Fund for South-South Cooperation and the Pérez-Guerrero Trust Fund for Economic and Technical Cooperation among Developing Countries.

http://ssc.undp.org/content/ssc/about/Background.html

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2015
As long as I'm concerned, all Nigerians are marginalised by the system not by any group. Saying the north is marginalising anybody is inappropriate and unfair.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
As long as I'm concerned, all Nigerians are marginalised by the system not by any group. Saying the north is marginalising anybody is inappropriate and unfair.

Thank you brother

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Marriage na by force?

why are u forcing south south on your own ur movement?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by lawydewy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

Brother, thanks. Nigeria is full of hypocrisy, watch as the yorubas bring up lies upon lies to debunk our claims. No wonder igbos hate them and i dont blame them.

The same people claimed AWO knew about the conspiracy coup of Ironsi1966 to avenged his imprisonment by Akitola....
And AWO later stabed them. History! don't keep to it,everybody say what he will make benefit of. They also claimed AWO ate rat poison due to failed coup!

MY PEOPLE WALK WITH RIGHT PEOPLE ON THE RIGHT PATH.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Masterclass32: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

But something struck me: it was said that Gowon should be commended for initiating the three Rs: reconciliation, rehabilitation and reconstruction. And I asked a very simple question, that I came with a written text but I wasn’t going to read it. I thanked Silverbird for the award; and I said I did not want to criticise my leaders because I am also now a leader. But I asked to be allowed to ask a question: how come reconstruction started in the West when the war was actually fought in the East? They started the Third Mainland Bridge, the National Theatre, the international airport, and so on, in the West, while the war was fought in the eastern region. And if we really wanted to ensure total reconciliation, how come every account holder in the eastern region was given only £20? It did not matter whether your father had £10,000,000 or £50,000,000 before the war; you were given just £20. It was a take it or leave it situation. If your family survived and there was an account holder alive, he/she went to the bank, and collected just £20.

They needed money from reconstruction, and I would have thought that reconstruction would have also started from the East. I just asked because we were lucky to have the persona dramatis of the war right in front of us: General T. Y. Danjuma, General Yakubu Gowon, General Buhari and others. It is very rare to see three former heads of state in just one place, so I had to ask.

I said also that it is important, even for the current-day leaders, that we continue to take actions that will unite Nigeria. And we should purge ourselves of actions that tend to cause pains to Nigerians. For me (Akpabio), I believe that because of certain policies of the federal government after the war, the war did not cease in the eastern region until about 30 years after the war.

Guy, u finish work for this post.

I wonder why the op hasn't deemed it fit to respond to your submission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Gains While DSS Still Detaining Mr Gbadamosi Who Exposed The Govt Fx Fraud / Why Senate Leader, Others Are Yet To Be Named / Why We Gave Oshiomhole 10 Days To Address Our Concerns – APC State Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.