Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

What's The English Name Of Moimoi? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The English Name Of Moimoi? (70998 Views)

Nigerians And Their Use Of The English language - BBC (Hilarious) / List Of New Words Added To The English Dictionary In 2016 / 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by talktonase(m): 11:07am On Jan 04, 2016
Maximillian1:
The english name is bean cake..most people mistake bean cake for akara..akara is bean ball while moi moi is the real bean cake
makes sense to me sha oh!

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Emmyk(m): 11:07am On Jan 04, 2016
It doesn't have one.
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by chronique(m): 11:07am On Jan 04, 2016
It's called bean pudding.
Tosdam:
Nairalanders, abeg, what's the English name of moimoi?
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Bishops10(m): 11:07am On Jan 04, 2016
Tosdam:

You Confidently get it wrong. Bean cake is Akara...
lolz...confidently?
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Nimblemind(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2016
ICEFLAME419ja:

Its the same spelling different pronunciation ,,,prounce like buhari na local, prounce like me an English .

Am sure buhari knows its spelt PRONOUNCE
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by HRich(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2016
MrCork:

...sorry..we don't eat those kinda rubbbissh food hear in London....we eat balance diet!! (No ofeense) angry
You are confused about your location. No Offence.
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by dannyduks: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2016
what is cake about moi moi. do they put oil,paper,salt and all sort in cake because my colleague is busy telling me is baked cake. oyibo
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by sisiclara: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2016
NezerLawren:
Its bean puddling
Pudding u mean?
Bean pudding..
Thank me later!
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by okeyxyz(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2016
Maximillian1:
The english name is bean cake..most people mistake bean cake for akara..akara is bean ball while moi moi is the real bean cake

Wrong & Right. Going by the descriptions of how beans is prepared, the best approximations for the names of the dishes are as follows:

Moi moi = Bean pudding
Akara = bean balls or fried bean-balls, or bean-fries

It's common for Nigerians to describe Akara as "bean cake" but this is totally wrong. For anything to qualify as cake, it must be BAKED. Akara is fried, not baked. Moi moi is cooked, not baked.
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Tosinville(m): 11:09am On Jan 04, 2016
Moi-Moi is an african food, must everything has english name ?
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by daywatcher: 11:09am On Jan 04, 2016
moi moi
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Countersam(m): 11:09am On Jan 04, 2016
Moi moi in English is simply boiled GroundBeans lipsrsealed
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by unite4real: 11:10am On Jan 04, 2016
Tosdam:

You Confidently get it wrong. Bean cake is Akara...

Dem dey fry cake? People calling Akara bean cake have always got it wrong. Moinmoin fits the name bean cake better because it can be done in a shape of cup, plate or molded in any form. Can you mold Akara in any shape you want?
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by PrinceFromDilli(m): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2016
Water water bean cake.
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by TS2(m): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2016
bean pudding na
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Jeremyaaa09: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2016
Beans pudding jor.
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2016
Maximillian1:

Oga you are so so so wrong. Moi moi is bean pudding while akara is bean cake. In culinary presentations anything that is mushy is a pudding and anything harder that you can bite into and it still stays hard is a cake.

Moi moi = bean pudding

Stop trying to confuse people while convincing yourself.
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by deenullahi: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2016
olele
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by hotgunz(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2016
Bean porridge
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Jeremyaaa09: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2016
unite4real:

Dem dey fry cake? People calling Akara bean cake have always got it wrong. Moinmoin fits the name bean cake better because it can be done in a shape of cup, plate or molded in any form. Can you mold Akara in any shape you want?

Cake is baked not steamed undecided
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by echomog1: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2016
Elele...
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Niceman4u(m): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2016
NezerLawren:
Its bean puddling
Its bean pudding. There is no 'l'
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2016
cooked beans cake
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by jomoh: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2016
Tosdam:

In what language is 'moimoi' coined because Yoruba refers to it as 'oole'...

MoiMoi, oole are both from Yoruba.

Its like dooro, iloko

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by clevadani: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2016
Moi Moi is Moi Moi. It is an African food so it must have an African name. Must everything have English names?

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Maximillian1: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Oga you are so so so wrong. Moi moi is bean pudding while akara is bean cake. In culinary presentations anything that is mushy is a pudding and anything harder that you can bite into and it still stays hard is a cake.

Moi moi = bean pudding

Stop trying to confuse people while convincing yourself.
well am science inclined and I did not study food ands nutrition xo u might be right
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by kaywiluv(f): 11:15am On Jan 04, 2016
Beans puddy or porridge
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Bismarck10(m): 11:16am On Jan 04, 2016
Tosdam:
It means me-me because in French "moi" means "me" when and if translated to English. grin
Tosdam:
It means me-me because in French "moi" means "me" when and if translated to English.
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by hoseamatoh(m): 11:16am On Jan 04, 2016
Maximillian1:

I'm what planet do you cook cake?
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2016
Bean pudding smiley..

Some answers are so hilarious cheesy..
Re: What's The English Name Of Moimoi? by chukxie(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2016
Beans pudding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I.G Yusuf IBB University Sex Scandal: Mercy Donald's Boyfriend, Patrick Speaks / Share Your 2015 JAMB Result Here / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.