Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 (40641 Views)

Top Grammatical Errors You Make Without Knowing / Common English Errors We Make During Conversation / 12 Wrong English Sentences And Phrases You Have Been Making In Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Evina(f): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
BornSad:

Aren't you wicked, dear?

That guy hasn't really typed a single error-free phrase here. grin

No I'm not. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Tkadprince(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
GET DATA BUNDLE @ VERY CHEAP PRICE VISIT LINK BELOW!!!!!!!!!!! WHILE THE OFFER LAST , ALSO FOR AIRTIME AND BILK SMS.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Chicagoesontop: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
Originalsly:
Bro..this is a learning thread...why confuse those whose minds are opened to learning? "There are people who knows how to use English" is wrong...dead wrong regardless of the explanations you keep churning out. Chew on this...There is a group of people who knows how to use English. @topic.... use of cloth instead of clothes/clothing/outfit.

Please your own correction does not have any atom of flavor in it, you are not among the grammarians at all, no offense either !!
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by charlesikhalea(m): 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
wink
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Sunnyade01(m): 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
Guilty of the first one.

Not guilty of the second and third.

The famous author, Chimamandi is guilty of the second in her online articles.
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Originalsly: 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
BornSad:

Aren't you wicked, dear?

That guy hasn't really typed a single error-free phrase here. grin
Lmao... you mad wicked bro!

1 Like

Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
Evina:

Really this thread just shows that English language is borrowed.
ma'am, sorry did you study English language in school? you seem to be more learned than many here sad wink

..and incase there is error in the above question,do pm me the correction abeg,i no wan public embarassment. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by princekins(m): 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
Chicagoesontop:
I Like This Post, This Means You Are A Grammarian Like Me .. I Love People Who Knows How To Use English .. Mercy Johnson Is Is A Grammarian Too !!

I Love people who 'know' not 'knows'(A plural noun goes with a plural verb....know is plural, so shld go with the plural noun people.

Happy Newyear!
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Godiskind: 7:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
Chicagoesontop:
I Like This Post, This Means You Are A Grammarian Like Me .. I Love People Who Knows How To Use English .. Mercy Johnson Is Is A Grammarian Too !!
Please correct ur grammatical flaw "people who know" and not "people who knows"
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by guiddoti: 8:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
Chicagoesontop:
leme scan that sentence with my weapon.
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Evina(f): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fkhalifa:
ma'am, sorry did you study English language in school? you seem to be more learned than many here sad wink

..and incase there is error in the above question,do pm me the correction abeg,i no wan public embarassment. cheesy

cheesy
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by CountDracula(m): 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

expplain pls

Ahhh! If I shud start explaining, new year chicken wil pass me by... Just google "whom vs. Who"
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Khan1993: 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
I think the problem started when people become lazy to type correctly. The habit of shortening word is an anathema to me. In fact, one of my new year resolution is not to chat with anybody that abbreviate. I chat on foreign site, they exhibit the nadir of this rubbish that has taken taken a pinnacle here. I Am an aficionando of grammar and esoteric words using.

1 Like

Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
CountDracula:

Ahhh! If I shud start explaining, new year chicken wil pass me by... Just google "whom vs. Who"
lolz okkkkk
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Welcomme: 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Chicagoesontop:

When I Say People Who Knows, I Mean People That English Runs In Their Gene .. Sorry You Are Not One Of Them !!!
I meant not I mean. Ogbeni, u don too make many errors, yet na u dey claim English man.
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Chicagoesontop: 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
Welcomme:
I meant not I mean. Ogbeni, u don too make many errors, yet na u dey claim English man.

You are right, my T button didn't work as at the time i was typing that !! wink
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by RIchieSuazo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mr juwoonn

pls i saw your post last year of not being able to fund netteller, williamhill, bet365 acct, etc

pls is there a way i can fund it now

cc juwoonn
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by juwoonn(m): 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
RIchieSuazo:
Mr juwoonn

pls i saw your post last year of not being able to fund netteller, williamhill, bet365 acct, etc

pls is there a way i can fund it now

cc juwoonn
Yes bro sorry i'm seeing this late.
u can use your first bank master card OR etradexchangedotnet OR truexgolddotcom to fund neteller, then fund bet365 or williamhill with neteller
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chicagoesontop:
.. lol .. mercy johnson is a grammarian too ... dude she's taken already ..your love won't get to her
Re: 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 by Chicagoesontop: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:
.. lol .. mercy johnson is a grammarian too ... dude she's taken already ..your love won't get to her

Bros I No Tell You Say I Love Her, I Have My Girl And I Love My Girl, I Just Like How Mercy Johnson Vomits Good English In Her Movies, That's All .. Ndewo !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umaru Shehu, Biography Of First Professor Emeritus In Northern Nigeria (photos) / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Ogun Schoolgirls Turn Smokers, Teachers Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.