Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Do People Who Dont Vote/pay Taxes 've D Right To Bemoan D Fate Of Their Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do People Who Dont Vote/pay Taxes 've D Right To Bemoan D Fate Of Their Country? (651 Views)

Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos / Alcohol Consumers In Akwa-Ibom To Pay Taxes / With Jimmy Agbaje... Where Lie D Fate Of Lagos. Do U Think Pdp Will Win Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do People Who Dont Vote/pay Taxes 've D Right To Bemoan D Fate Of Their Country? by 2Legit2Qui: 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2009
I have asked myself over and over this question, whereever I live, Nigeria or overseas, I dont vote in elections nor pay taxes in Nigeria, do I realy have the right to bemoan the ills of the country I live in when I dont pay my taxes nor vote in elections! Is this aa fact of life?
Re: Do People Who Dont Vote/pay Taxes 've D Right To Bemoan D Fate Of Their Country? by texazzpete(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2009
Simple answer.
If you're of voting age in Nigeria and you dontvote, you lack the moral standing to criticize the leaders. It matters not if you're strongly convinced your vote will not count. In fact, the biggest achievement of pdp riggers was to convince the gullible that their vote doesn't count.
Edo state is a prime example of a state where people got tired of the pdp and kicked them out!

If you're working in nigera and don't pay taxes, then you lack the right to criticize

(1) (Reply)

The Holocaust/slave Trade - Which One Killed The Most Number Of People. / Unveiling! Arc Of The Covenant / Danger Of Involuntary Disclosure Of Important Personal Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.