Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? (63757 Views)

Teni Wins Rookie Of The Year At 2018 Headies Award. / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Headies Award 2016 Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by mekzybling(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
oyomzee4:
Oga you don't know the meaning of maturity
my brother we no they fight na..thats y i said IMO... Everybody is entitled to their opinions please... Ok??
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Revolva(m): 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dbeze:
The Igbo will forever be greater than the yoloba in every sphere of life. Olamide has bn holdn grudges against the don but who don pass u don pass u Kid

dem don start tribalism......now and again na who tell una say Donjazzy na Igbo.....mumu nigerians..don jazzy is isoko deltan and his mum is abia state .igbo..ok...

even Obasanjo was not happy with Olamide

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by yungachiever(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Revolva:

hey what do you know...that dude said it all....ok..stop being sentimental ok.
. Tell me what I don't know
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by AdonisGodwin: 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
And so buhari through his MOI lair Mohammed has come out to say "I know that is goodluck that is causing this beef between olamide and Don jazzy....same way he caused the scarcity of fuel this yuletide season"

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by esmarcq(m): 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
mekzybling:
Olamide said the truth in an insulting way ... But it was a great an extremely matured response from Don Jazzy ... IMO
how is that really the truth Don't get why some Nigerians really prefer gibberish to good music

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by rocknation62(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
nerdymufasa:
Don't forget the award was by votes & not by number of hits
Either by votes or hits,wuruwuru dey dia...#shikenna
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by chrisblack: 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
udmbat:
djazzy responded immaturely
pls guy go and re watch the award. jazzy bleeped up. he likes awards .he was doing sign of the cross when bovi said it was a mistake.why that ,why attend all the time when you claimed you are begged. so they've been begging for over how many years of your attendance
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by chrisblack: 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dbeze:
The Igbo will forever be greater than the yoloba in every sphere of life. Olamide has bn holdn grudges against the don but who don pass u don pass u Kid
you be fool .rekado na your brother? rekado is not ibo.al the nominees are youruba.even patoranking that won it last year in style and exposure was more yoruba. your igbo don jazzy, his more yoruba in atitude cause he has isoko blood which is more yoruba on a long thing. yorubaland shaped the hip hop in him.The next rated was all a yoruba affair. you guys are funny and stupid. do you think don jazzy own's marvin. you are stupid and a clown. The Boss owns it and he his a yoruba man. Don is just a front
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Funjosh(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
Aminat508:
i am still in support of Don Jazzy.
Don Jazzy's fault is far more tolerable than Olamide's recklessness

Continue supporting Don Jazzy you hear undecided
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Aminat508(f): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
Funjosh:

Continue supporting Don Jazzy you hear undecided

He pain am tongue tongue tongue

Egbon olamide tongue grin
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Sheyin1997: 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
Why this sudden kasala.......... "MAVINS and YBNL" has been one of d best record.... So i think dis Headies award of this year should not cause beef btw dem.... Olamide Baddoo no Forget SKELEMBA with Donbabajay ooooooo..... But trully Lil_kesh deserve d award... YBNL biggest fan
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Funjosh(m): 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Aminat508:

He pain am tongue tongue tongue

Egbon olamide tongue grin

Supporting any of them is just a waste of time and resources
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by ewosk: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
We can be so uncivilized haba.....

So many rants about this matter..... Make olamide go carry the award or design one for lil kesh haba...... Nor be votes dey decide winner

Before anyone rant who deserve what and those that dont ensure say you vote..... You can go about your business and expect others to vote your choice.....

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Sheyin1997: 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bt atleast lets say d truth here.....
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Jobig(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lil kesh always sing in his mother tongue and suppose to win award regards to that.OLAMIDE has no right in whatsoever to throw away mic on stage,we ar coping america hav we seen them behave like dis.

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by hayo85(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Olamide;- many better ways of handling situation like this in a peaceful manner

Don;- you should av portray some decent level of maturity that this @ worst, you shouldn't av mention his name cos ur name was not mention

Ironically;- the two baby that causes this fight embraces demself in d spirit of brotherliness and sportmanship which is even more mature dan d so call boss *jst a pity*

Headies; be more transparent in things like dis

2016;- wit dis kind katakata, its gonna b fun! Fun!! Fun!!! All tru
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by Omeny: 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
mikemodel24:
Olamide was referring to headies.if he did nt stand for his brother who will.For don jazzy it was clearly about the car and na him dey claim big man. For olamide it was about recognition of hard work

Just see what you just wrote Bro?

Who and what was Don standing for?

Am even disappointed in you the more!
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by ReachHard: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
IMHO, All these is just an indirect indictment on the award organisers themselves; which i'm pretty sure they might not even be aware of!

A very serious indirect if you ask me, cos the show is fast losing its credibility...

This hullabaloo only adds to the growing trend:

Davido vs Dele Momodu
Wizkid vs Banky W (?)
and NOW... Olamide vs Don Jazzy

What does that tell you? I guess your guess is as good as mine.....Read between the lines
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by deebrain(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hmmm.... Like seriously Reekado Banks? Like seriously? I would not even complain if it was Korede Bello!

Olamide said the honest truth. Probably the anger made him loose it! Very wrong of him sha-with wetin i see.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by daygeee(m): 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
I don't even care who got the award. I am a die hard Olamide fan but Olamide shouldnt hv been abusive - "Iya yin" is just too disrespectful. I won't blame don jazzy if he couldn't stomach it but he would have been the ultimate gentleman if he let it slide.

On the bright side, I am expecting some killer lyrics with respect to this from both parties.

1 Like

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by 4chi: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Good sh!t at least we now know that the fake ass don is nothing but "mummy" as in eyan gayweather.... grin angry grin
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by bamid2: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
For me i think Olamide erred on the side of sanity while Don Jazzy erred on the side of maturity. The real winner of the Next rated award should have been Kiss daniel. Boy been dropping hits back to back, front and back. grin. Flownrom woju remix, to laye, to the one he did with Dj shabsy and sugar boy and good time. He has proven without any iota of doubt that he is a force to reckon with. The only challenge he has is no doubt Gwordwide ent. They need a good publicist to aggressively push their artists to visibility. Connect them to corporates through paul okoye (upfront and personal). I heard Good time and i though it was tuface with femi Kuti on the Sax. Madt tune. I think smart corporates should quickly sign this guy before he goes international

Why Lil Kesh did not win: In the music business, there is the is the emotional side and the business side. On the emotional side, he wowed everybody. Efejoku, Gbese and shoki remix. But on the business side, he was not good business. His songs were banned by NBC. This is not good for business. Corporates hate controversies and a new artiste should never court controversies especially with NBC. Two, most of his fans are on the street and they largely did not vote for him. With my information "savviness", i did not know the next rated was a voting category talkless of brother kamoru and Aunty falila in mushin and bariga who just want to dance (wonfejoku) to his songs and nothing more.Nothing "consine" them voting.

Lil Kesh: you need to start with fresh tunes this year. you are neither obesere or Terry G. you are lil kesh. Super talented. You are not even upcoming. You have blown. You need to stop lewd and vulgar words. You need to stop risque videos. You have been falling under the hammer of NBC. Learn from teckno. He did Duro, wash and panya with bracket. Hts upon hits. He even produced a song fro Ice prince. Hit noni.

Olamide: You need to apologize fast because of your brand identity. You are signed by some corporates. etisalat etc. they would not like what you are doing. for the sake of the only pure talent on your label, Adekunle Gold apologize to your fans and the headies. You also need to sign artiste that signs different genre of music to have a medley of sounds. Some perceive YBNL as too "toutish". You need to prove otherwise. You also need to work on your temper. it is important for a CEO to be calm and composed. It is not easy to be young and getting it but please for the sake of your young label, you need to chill out.

Don Jazzy: You will court a lot of enemies this year. People who feel that your own is too much. Even though SMB mavin crew are not too super talented, you have been able to manage them well. You really need to remain "humble". Maturity is very important even in the face of irrationality. I know you are trying to achieve cohesion with your team but they need to start working with other artists from other labels so that they do not get marginalized. You also need to work on Dija. She is a very humble, shy and homely person but in the music business you need to be a little showy. Now she should stop responding to tweets and instagram bullies about her bosom, neck and physicality. I rest my case

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by kcsimo: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
mikemodel24:
Olamide was referring to headies.if he did nt stand for his brother who will.For don jazzy it was clearly about the car and na him dey claim big man. For olamide it was about recognition of hard work
!!! Datz not true....oga!!! He was talking to the organizers and the award winner!!! BY SAYING " Awon iya...won!!! Get it man! that boy is ah tauting fool!!I was insulted tooooooo
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by olashilek(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Now all of you keep saying Olamide is childish, he is immature, he is senseless e.t.c shey una papa get sense reach kanye west or you've forgotten VMA award When Taylor won "Best Female Video" and was on stage making her speech, Kanye West got on stage, took her mic and said "Taylor I'm happy for you but Beyonce has the best video of the year!" ...... Olamide reps the street and that's how we roll in the street.. (when they fvck up let them know lese kese) #Fvckheadies #FvckMavins #Street_ti_take_over tongue
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by chupcake(m): 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
mikemodel24:

Bro, it is amazing you choose to ignore the fact that what olamide said is a direct jab at reekado. Saying Kesh deserves it means reekado doesn't and that him taking a piss on reekado banks work. He stood up for kesh and don jazzy did the same for reekado banks. Buh nah, you won't see it. They wanted kesh to win, they didn't canvass for vote. Don Jazzy will be on insta and twitter begging for votes and dashing people money, now they won, them dey yarn dust. Abeg leave trash for lawma jor. Not saying don jazzy is right buh if he didn't say anything, don jazzy won't go there and say what he said.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by PrinzCarter(m): 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lil kesh deserves d award
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by wolveryne02: 12:48am On Jan 03, 2016
don't know why sides should be taken on this issue... truth be told that were both wrong,we are humans quite alright but Olamide acted irresponsibly all in the name of fighting for his artiste and in the name of maturity you expect Don jazzy to keep cool, it's not that easy. banks didn't deserve the award neither did kesh that's the honest truth. I still think I am missing something ain't korede part of the Marvins record label so why lobby on behalf of one and leave the other? Nigerians always expecting and not suspecting foul play in everything. if we are to imitate the whites let's do it wisely and thoroughly not partly thereby omitting the vital part.
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by tpetos(m): 1:16am On Jan 03, 2016
udmbat:
would u have voted for Ricardo?

bro...I wld ave voted Reekado banks a 1000times over lil kesh. trust me even Adekunle God wld ave gotten 99votes frm me bfor i dream of Lil kesh a vote
not evrybody is abt d beats...sori to say bt lil kesh lyrics re jst not it!
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by howfarwhatagwan: 4:47am On Jan 03, 2016
Very unfortunate incidence... my take on this issue is that Olamide was totally wrong, I have watched the video clip and it is pretty sad how he disrespected everyone. He had so many options like walking out quietly, voicing his dissatisfaction in a more calm manner but NO he chose to use the F-word on national TV and even had the guts to stick out his two fingers to emphasize his point very disrespectful I must say and he needed some bashing which is why Don Jazzy calling him out was not out of order at all in my opinion... However Don Jazzy's wrong was in trying to call him to order in a sarcastic manner which turned out not too great either.

I am not a fan of any of them anyway ( I too love my Brymo, 2Face etc) but to me if there is anyone who goofed like mad it is Olamide simple... It is ok to get angry but it is extremely important how you react in anger...
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by chinuz(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
When it comes to indigenous music..Nigerians would keep stating dier discontempt...calling It crap and vulgar music but they've gat Lil wayne and CB's album playin 24/7...Something vulgar is said in a local lingua and another artist repeats it in English nd its called Classic music..At least indigenous musicians show how being frm d streets brought em up and have nothing to hide instead of hiding behnd d english and porshe lifestyle..
Africans being more white than the white..Street takeover##
Re: Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? by philfrey08: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
mikemodel24:
Say what?? ?? ??

I suspect u r a YBNL act.
Keep defending him. This is just 2016.... more talents r coming up, who wud remember u guys soon.
For any of dm to b nominated, they all deserved it.
Tell ur agbero of an Olamide.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Luciferous Artwork: Muslim Group Reports 'one Davido Adeleke' To IGP Egbetokun / Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" / Beyonce’s Daughter, Blue Ivy, Gets First Grammy Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.